• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and the sword of Sparda.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Nero can absorb devil arms right?

So how cool would it be is he had simply absorbed the legendary Sword of Sparda, instead of giving it back to Dante?

Speculate, what would that do to his DT? What kind of epic powers would we get to play with?

I'll post what I think later, discuss.

Keaton

Premium
Dante, whom was far more matured than Nero was only able to DT in his fight against Mundus. The Sword Sparda is a source of such massive power (think Rebellion and Yamato combined) that Nero, although talented, would've have a hope in hell of achieving a Devil Trigger form with it. Admittedly, I'd love to see Nero using Sparda, especially as far as Snatch and Buster are concerned.

It would be awesome to see the ghost of Sparda's DT hovering behind him (afterall, Nero had a 'ghost' before he aquired Yamato due to Snatch and Buster).

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I think he could use the basic powers the way Sanctus did.

I just wanna swing that epic blade again on a next gen console T_T

Right now you only get the Sword AND your DT if you play DMC1 with Sparda or DMC2 with Trish.

I wanna talk about what the swords abilities would be if it was twinked out like Yamato/Rebbelion are. With its own moves and all.

Especially with Nero.

Keaton

Premium
^I think it would have to be. If it was just a glorified Rebellion or Force Edge, I'd be pretty miffed.

But, the morphing nature of Sparda leave alot of room for some fantastic attacks, the Pandora of the Melee Weapons. I would personally like to see an over the head Spin Attack, so that it hits alot of enemies around you...but instead of pushing them away, drawing them in :D

Sparda™

Nothing would happen.

Nero would probably be corrupted by the surge of power the sword has. Although having a good heart and caring for humans, his powers are not in the level of Dante.

Yamato seems to be in harmony with the Devil Bringer. So far, It's the only Devil Arm the demonic arm has had a reaction with, thus causing a premature Devil Trigger.

The sword of Sparda is out of reach for Nero.

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, although it was a shame that you couldn't have a small scene at the end where you used Sparda against Sanctus ^^

But, as far as Dante is concerned, I feel that Sparda would need to be an accessible weapon in the next game ^^

Poison Ivy

Wants Cookiez
Same mind with Sparda™, nothing would happend and hope we can use the sword in DMC5
Nero is perfect with Yamato, he doesnt need anything else :p

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Poison Ivy;166134 said:
Same mind with Sparda™, nothing would happend and hope we can use the sword in DMC5
Nero is perfect with Yamato, he doesnt need anything else :p

What you and Sparda seem to be missing is the fact that the question is "IF".

If Nero could use the Sword, what would it do?

You should get more attacks that take advantage of the transforming attacks for shure.

Swing around a giant Death scythe and such.

Spardatm said:
Nero would probably be corrupted by the surge of power the sword has. Although having a good heart and caring for humans, his powers are not in the level of Dante.

Dante outrank Nero? Not when I am playing.:p

Sparda™

Not missing anything.

As far as the game goes, Nero would use regular sword attacks, nothing like Dante can use with the Sparda sword, that's for sure.

'What Ifs' are 'What Ifs'.

Nero is overpowered in the game to make him more easy to use. thus making him a character played by amateurs and professionals likewise.

Dante, in the other hand, is much more powerful and needs only expert gamers to be used properly.

On a side note, my name is Sparda™.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;166137 said:
Not missing anything.

As far as the game goes, Nero would use regular sword attacks, nothing like Dante can use with the Sparda sword, that's for sure.

'What Ifs' are 'What Ifs'.

Nero is overpowered in the game to make him more easy to use. thus making him a character played by amateurs and professionals likewise.

Dante, in the other hand, is much more powerful and needs only expert gamers to be used properly.

You play DMC professionally?:rolleyes:

Dude, its a game there is no such thing. No one cares that you have enough time and are obsessive enough to S rank the whole game.

Nero in my hands can take down Dante in a snap.

They both own equally hard in gameplay, one isn't overpowered compared to the other.

Nero's sword attacks are just fine.

And yes you are missing the point, we are speculating on the moveset you would get with Nero and the sword of Sparda. This isn't a character debate.

About your name, my mistake. Edited it.

Sparda™

When's the chance to play a game professionally, I do It, so don't be surprised.

Leave personal attacks outside topics.

Nero is overpowered, It's a fact. It was made so to be much easier and accessible to a wide range of gamers.

Dante, in the other hand, retains his level of greatness and complicated attacks just for the elite gamers, a fact.

Two other users agreed with my first post, so I'm not adding anything else regarding the topic.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;166139 said:
When's the chance to play a game professionally, I do It, so don't be surprised.

Leave personal attacks outside topics.

Nero is overpowered, It's a fact. It was made so to be much easier and accessible to a wide range of gamers.

Dante, in the other hand, retains his level of greatness and complicated attacks just for the elite gamers, a fact.

Two other users agreed with my first post, so I'm not adding anything else regarding the topic.

Dante isn't exactly gods gift to the "elite" gamer.

There isn't any such thing, its a game so have fun.

And don't deny that Nero's moves are creative and fully utilize the redqueen mechanism.

Nero could get allot of different sword attacks, totally unique frum what Dante would come up with.

About them "Agreeing" with you, the firs one only agreed that the sword is out of reach for Nero as of NOW. I made it clear that this would be about Nero's sword moves when he could use when we could use the sword.

And there is no proof he could not use it now.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
One question about Sparda, the sword, in DMC3 we see it as a normal, beautiful sword, in DMC4, how did he get that rusty? part over it and why is the edge so much different? I never understood that, what happened to it? Was it stated in part 1/2?

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^In DMC 1 and 3 the sword is asleep.

It awakens to its true form in DMC 1 when Dante completes his fathers amulet.

The true form is what you see in DMC 4

Sparda™

DeviRyuuD;166141 said:
One question about Sparda, the sword, in DMC3 we see it as a normal, beautiful sword, in DMC4, how did he get that rusty? part over it and why is the edge so much different? I never understood that, what happened to it? Was it stated in part 1/2?

The Devil May Cry storyline goes like this -> 3/1/4/2...

The sword itself, is called Force Edge. By merging the amulets with It, the Sword of Sparda awakens, and full power is obtained to the one possessing Sparda's blood.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
^^Holy Shiiitttt I've never known that Gilgamesh is so powerful.I'll use it all the time.My problem on BP is the time but now I can destroy every enemy or boss in a minute.REP+ to Zato tnx for posting this video.

Top Bottom