• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MSN to be banned

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
"MSN Messenger to close

Popular chat room to come to an end Windows MSN Messenger today announced it will be closing down it's popular service after it was slammed by Labour MP's for inciting paedophiles on the world wide web.

This comes as parents across Europe called for the 10 year old service to be closed after a 8 year old girl was lured into meeting a 34 year old known paedophile.

The service will terminate on November 2nd,and all accounts will be removed from the system"

http://kineticnorth.com/BBCNews/?New...8-041df741302d

Can you ACTUALLY believe this? I'm hoping its a rumour, but BBC doesn't fool around as its one of the biggest news channels.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i went on the bbc website and it said nothing about msn about to close........ sorry but i dont believe it

Sparda™

It's the Internet!

It's just the way it is...Oh let's close Yahoo, AIM, ICQ...

None is gonna close WLM!

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Black Dragon Knight;135410 said:
it is a rumour. BBC is full of it

the bbc made a promise that the company would NEVER lie and only report the truth not rumours.... so your state is flase

Luna13

The Vampiric Vixen
Well then.. you'd think that MSN would tell it's Messenger users before hand... don't ya think?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Did you read the article you linked to as it said nothing of the sort?

First paragraph said this for a start:

A tool which allows you to make a mock-up of a news article on the BBC website was unveiled by b3ta user Gilgamesh today

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Just saw this over at The Escapist actually, I refuse to click the link anyway, considering it's not actually the BBC site, and what with that being the ONLY site reporting this after a quick Google.

Still, if it's true, it shouldn't result on MSN being shut down, frankly, it's the pfault of the parents for not teaching their damn kid about the proper uses of the internet.

And considering Windows Live Messenger 2009 is actually currently in development, I'm calling hoax on this one.

EDIT: Oh, so I was right to call a hoax on this one then by the looks of things, looks like people aren't reading the thing through entirely then...-Sigh-

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dante Aseroth;135418 said:
It's the Internet!

It's just the way it is...Oh let's close Yahoo, AIM, ICQ...

None is gonna close WLM!
People should know with there own common sense not to meet up with a strange person!
It's not MSN's fault, it's the fault of the bull**** parents who never told their kids not to meet up with words on messenger.

Top Bottom