• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Movies That Blew Your Mind

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
What movies have you seen that seemed to really jump out at you?
Practically changed your outlook on life?
Introduced a whole new philosophy to you?
Or even was just so memorable that you thought back to it days later?

i've given fight club enough spotlight.

i'm going to say eternal sunshine of the spotless mind this time around.
i saw it a while ago, but i rewatched it tonight and the effect was as strong as ever. one minute i'm looking at a memory that is so unhappy i almost can't bear to watch it, followed by one of complete bliss, followed by an erase. no movie has ever affected me the way this one did. ever. all presented in such a bizarre and dreamy fashion...

which makes me wonder: what movies have blown your mind?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The movies that make me impressed are:

Inception
The Dark Knight
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

There are other movies, but these are the only ones that cross in my mind.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
There are a lot of movies that blew my mind but the most recent one I would have to hands down say Inception. It's a movie about dreams, and it completely blew me away.

Meg

Blazing Saddles blew my mind because of how funny it is. :lol:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I am Legend (I've been very alert for zombies coming out at night ever since)

Click (family values)

Meet the Robinsons

7 Pounds

Shutter Island (like fudge with my mind why don't you?!?!)

Inception (I had an actual moment, when leaving the theatre, wondering whether I was dreaming or awake - it was scary as hell)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Se7en
Fight Club
American Beauty
Donnie Darko
The Shawshank Redemption

I haven't seen Inception or Shutter Island but I want to they both sound really good.

Dark Drakan

Admin
There are more than this but hard to think at moment but this is off top of my head.

Fight Club
Inception
Shutter Island
The Matrix
7 Pounds

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
I watched so much movies...I'll try to pick a few:
G.I Jane...I learn to fight for what I really want
Pirates of the Caribbean
Ninja Assassin
Resident Evil...all of them taught me to fear infections
Paranormal activity

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Especially when Khan put the slug/eel thingies in the two officers ears. I'll never forget watching that for the first time.)
Van Helsing
And possibly the last Star Trek film... although it took a while.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Hitchcock's "Strangers on a Train".

Makes you think about just how easily you could ruin someone's life - or someone else could ruin yours if they really wanted to and how an 'innocent encounter' can change everything.

Also made me notice how much music is abused in modern horror movies and thrillers. Too much music. In Strangers On A Train, there's only the fairground music which is creepy enough at the time, given what's occurring while it plays. I think of the movies which I find the creepiest, and they're the ones with very little music or a totally minimalist score not played often. Alien, for example. Less is more. After all, if someone jumped out at you in a dark alley, music wouldn't be playing at the time, would it?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Lexy;288951 said:
Also made me notice how much music is abused in modern horror movies and thrillers. Too much music. In Strangers On A Train, there's only the fairground music which is creepy enough at the time, given what's occurring while it plays. I think of the movies which I find the creepiest, and they're the ones with very little music or a totally minimalist score not played often. Alien, for example. Less is more. After all, if someone jumped out at you in a dark alley, music wouldn't be playing at the time, would it?

Maybe music from your mp3 or whatever, but I get your point :p Not scary background music to suit the current situation. If that was happening at the same time, it'd be very coincidental to say the least. I was watching Predator 2 the other night, and it didn't have much music in it. The movie isn't scary or anything to me, but I think lots of music would of ruined it. Like you said, less is more.

The Truman show I agree with as well ^_^

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Lexy;288951 said:

don't forget No Country for Old Men
that movie is one of the few modern ones that pulled it off ok. if anything i'd say the coen brothers are the closest to being as good as hitchcock of all the directors between hitchcock and now. :)

Top Bottom