• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most trivial reason you heard for hating a game

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
All those army shooters are the same and also all terrible.

Battlefield fans though seem to talk more about CoD than the game they like more for some reason which kind of made them look like the Jehovah's Witnesses of first person shooters or something.

I have had my experiences with both Battlefield and CoD, and there are most definitely certain aspects of gameplay that sets them apart. There are things that Battlefield has, that I feel CoD lacks (in-game realism, environment feels, etc), whilst playing CoD, the simplicity (hence, enjoyment) of it all made me indifferent to the smaller details.
I would have to agree however with your point there, lol, BF fans enjoy basking in the facts and findings of their arch enemy. XD

LeoXCV

Single life for life
"Rocksmith sucks, Guitar Hero has better songs"

"Guitar Hero sucks, playing a real guitar is better"

Last but not least.
"Rocksmith sucks, no real guitarist needs to learn from some stupid game"

I don't think I need to explain why all these arguments are just outright stupid.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If you are a real musician and play real instruments I think it's safe to say the overall consensus for our opinion on video games with plastic instruments is that playing real instruments are just more fun.

I don't know, I just don't find many real musicians actually even giving a crap about guitar hero or rock band simply because we play real instruments. Not that it sucks or anything.

I don't play guitar hero and rock band etc. just because I'm a drummer that has been playing drums for 16 years and also a guitarist who's been playing for 3 now. I have no need for plastic guitars and fake drum kits.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
If you are a real musician and play real instruments I think it's safe to say the overall consensus for our opinion on video games with plastic instruments is that playing real instruments are just more fun.

I don't know, I just don't find many real musicians actually even giving a crap about guitar hero or rock band simply because we play real instruments. Not that it sucks or anything.

I don't play guitar hero and rock band etc. just because I'm a drummer that has been playing drums for 16 years and also a guitarist who's been playing for 3 now. I have no need for plastic guitars and fake drum kits.
It's ok for a guitarist to prefer to play real guitar don't get me wrong, the problem is the people that seem to think they have the right to call musical games bad just because they don't use real instruments. It's like they feel they can throw insults because their on some make believe high ground where they are untouchable. Funny thing is a lot of people that play Guitar Hero (Or equivalent game) also play real guitar; hell I played guitar long before I even first played Rocksmith or Guitar Hero. I still enjoy the games however because they are fun games to play every now n' then.

As a plus, Rocksmith is an insanely cheap alternative for a bedroom amp, which is something that most people seemingly ignore. Its selection of effect pedals is huge as well as having pre-set authentic tones loaded into the game to use freely. That's one of the main reasons I bought Rocksmith since buying all of those pedals would cost absolutely loads. Kind of pointless me even having an amp any more so I just use it as a foot rest lol.
Honestly I would suggest looking into getting Rocksmith if you're looking to get effect pedals.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's ok for a guitarist to prefer to play real guitar don't get me wrong, the problem is the people that seem to think they have the right to call musical games bad just because they don't use real instruments. It's like they feel they can throw insults because their on some make believe high ground where they are untouchable. Funny thing is a lot of people that play Guitar Hero (Or equivalent game) also play real guitar; hell I played guitar long before I even first played Rocksmith or Guitar Hero. I still enjoy the games however because they are fun games to play every now n' then.

As a plus, Rocksmith is an insanely cheap alternative for a bedroom amp, which is something that most people seemingly ignore. Its selection of effect pedals is huge as well as having pre-set authentic tones loaded into the game to use freely. That's one of the main reasons I bought Rocksmith since buying all of those pedals would cost absolutely loads. Kind of pointless me even having an amp any more so I just use it as a foot rest lol.
Honestly I would suggest looking into getting Rocksmith if you're looking to get effect pedals.
Ok, so you're just not a musician. At least not a serious one. Rocksmith can never be an alternative to a real guitar and if you are serious about practicing your craft then you will find a way somehow to invest in effect pedals and amps if you want to play music like that.

I have an Ibanez electric acoustic.Orange Crush PiX CR12L amp . That's good enough for me. I need to get me another drumset though because I'm getting another band together. I'm kind of just babbling now sorry about that :p

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Ok, so you're just not a musician. At least not a serious one. Rocksmith can never be an alternative to a real guitar and if you are serious about practicing your craft then you will find a way somehow to invest in effect pedals and amps if you want to play music like that.

I have an Ibanez electric acoustic.Orange Crush PiX CR12L amp . That's good enough for me. I need to get me another drumset though because I'm getting another band together. I'm kind of just babbling now sorry about that :p
Yeah I don't play serious to the point of being in a band, though I have had offers but declined since it's more of a hobby I do in my own time. Rocksmith is perfect for that kind of thing. Kinda wish it came out sooner since I did end up using money on an amp along with 2 pedals. lol Now whose babbling :p

But anyway, I don't see why I can't be serious about practising and use Rocksmith as an alternative amp. The sound is pretty much spot on so why does it matter what it comes through? It's not like I'm on a live stage where an amp would be necessary, I'm in my own bedroom practising for no one but myself. And if it so happens I need to perform for whatever reason, I still have my amp with my distortion and delay pedals. Just means I can't use all the tones created in Rocksmith, but I would still have all my hours of practice no matter what the sound comes through.

IncarnatedDemon

This is just some comments about TGS 2010 Trailer Comment Page 20, which has 18,000 comments in total.

As you can see alot of people were trying to understand why Reboot Dante didn't have white hair because many people were under the impression it was the same Dante so they assumed the reboot was a prequal.

With that said, i dont think people disliked DmC because of white hair. White hair was a complaint but not a reason for them to dislike the game.
Because white hair was a noteable trait of Dante (DMC), and when people didn't see that they went "Where the hell is Dante?!". And they were DAM RIGHT, NT Dante isn't original Dante.
He's a rebooted character.

And DmC wasn't a prequal story to original Dante's story.

No...the reason people hated on DmC was not because of white hair but because it wasn't the same character.
Even if someone said "I dont like this game because it doesnt have white hair" it doesnt necessarily mean the person dislike DmC because they prefer white hair in games. You should further investigate and ask the person "Why is white hair important for you?" and the person will probably answer "Because Dante has whtie hair".

They prefer white hair because that's the hair colour Dante they know has.

I've NEVER seen anyone say "I dont like this game because it doesnt have a character with white hair in it" about any other game.
But why DmC? Well because reboot Dante was supposed tobe Dante and you cant be Dante without white hair.

It's sad to see that people who hated on DmC because it didnt have original Dante in it has been labeled as "They hated it because of white hair only".
But that's what gaming media did during the controversy.

I just thought Devil May Cry fans would know better than believe people hated DmC because of white hair.

If this is a continuation of DMC4 where is his demon hand? White hair? and muscles the new team making him is going to ruin the series by changing the look of the franchiese. Even gameinformer is sceptical about this game. he looks like twighlight and some random cyborg demon **** combined. They are gonna kill the plot i garuntee it...and another thing is just because he smokes doesnt mean he is cool. he looks like a ****in pansy in a big coat. anime dante his cool and tough not an anorexic puss

Yeah... Dante was always the white haired badass... He never had a rough period after his mom was killed right in front of him... (sarcasm)

that the same Dante everybody it just when he was young and i know what ur think that Dante has white hair but if u can see on top of Dante head u can see some white hair growing 1:30

Who the **** is this guy? Is this really dante? Where'd the white hair go? Everyone, look at dmc 4 and then look at this garbage.
thats is what happen when the director puts his own hairstyle on the main character of this game that has been played by so many ppl..
where is the organ music? and the distortion guitar?
the red clothes?
thw white hair?
and btw the begining looks like of a trailer of horror movie..
to me that's ok that he isn't so relaxed as he is on the rest of the games(exept dmc2), he could be realy mind ****ed because he probabely considered a freak by others
btw his eyebrows must be white.
painted?-.-'

@Xxienjoymarshmellows that is not dante.. not dante because dante's hair are white.. white!!!! i wuont the really devil may cry 5.And you???
I agree with you. Everyone here who doesn't like it won't even give it a chance. I'm 200% sure that the game's storyline will be epic! :) If it is the actual Dante, just when he's a teenager, then that'll be flippin awesome. I mean, doesn't anyone notice the white on the top and back of his head???
the game is apparently a prequel after all. Dante's hair becomes whiter as the game progresses, and his devil trigger (which he only really learns to use in DMC3) makes his hair go fully white. The game is about him beginning to accept that he is part demon. His regular appearance will probably be playable anyway. Personally I don't mind his appearance, since it adds some sort of change to the game, in DMC4 even playing as Nero didn't feel that new since he looked almost exactly like young Dante

as younger dante, nice, i like the sound of it.... it's rich if it's more of an origin game because dante's hair probably grew out and got white over the years
Guys don't hate the game yet. The gameplay is pretty cool and Dante isn't emo. Sure he might have been born with silver hair but there is something called hair dye. He might have used it to make himself look cool or it could be a disguise. He looks alright, he's obviously younger and the only bad part is he's skinny. Still if you see in trailers his hair turns white and his hair is already partially white. This game will show how he became so badass.
*sigh* am i the only one with a hd screen his hair is black but its turning white on the top if you open your eyes you'll see it. and who cares if he smokes. That would make sence he smoked when he was young, quit, now is addicted to pizza to stop smoking. Dante didnt just pop out of his mom an be all bad ass. it had to start some were. Things had to change. Give the friggin game a chance man,

This was when he was young, moron. Besides, look, he has white hair in the middle and bottom of his head. -_-
You're criticizing the game because of Dante's look. Shut the **** up, stop whining and give the game a chance.

It really doesn't make sense for him not to have white hair, his father and his brother both Naturally have white hair and Nero who is a relative of Sparda, and WTF is with the smoking? Dante didn't need to smoke to be cool. I really hope we get an explanation and i REALLY hope it isn't a total reboot.
What kind of ****ty DMC is this? prequel or not, this sucks! >_< Dante and Nero both had white hair when they where young, and they BOTH got a sword for Sparda. That sword that Dante was using..wasnt the rebillion sword we use to know. So, i suppose this is a whole new story..a ****up story if you ask me. T_____T

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
That's not the game's fault, that's the players fault. Not the game's fault you bad at it.

if it's unbalanced, relies on cheap methods to increase difficulty or just cheats than it is the game's fault. if it is balanced and uses fair methods to increase difficulty than the player just needs to practice

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
if it's unbalanced, relies on cheap methods to increase difficulty or just cheats than it is the game's fault. if it is balanced and uses fair methods to increase difficulty than the player just needs to practice

That changes nothing, if it's something so incredibly broken that it can't be surmounted through practice then it's not a game that should have been released in the first place.

Do, or do not, there is no try

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
There is no Yoda O_O

Your avi and sig reminded me of something my brother said, referring to Persona 3: "I'm not playing that. I don't play kiddie cartoon games!"

Aw, bro…

Rayl

There is no Yoda O_O

Your avi and sig reminded me of something my brother said, referring to Persona 3: "I'm not playing that. I don't play kiddie cartoon games!"

Aw, bro…

kiddie.jpg

Martius

SSSmokin!
As you can see alot of people were trying to understand why Reboot Dante didn't have white hair because many people were under the impression it was the same Dante so they assumed the reboot was a prequal.
Because Capcom at first said it is prequel. It was something like that "Capcom originally announced DmC: Devil May Cry was a Continuity Reboot, then said it was a prequel, and then an Alternate Continuity... or something."

KRSkull

These are some of the things i heard:
I hate Resident Evil 4 because Leon's voice is not manly enough.
I hate Metal Gear Solid 4 because they changed Solid Snakes name to Old Snake.
I hate the new Tomb Raider game because Lara looks different than how she looked in the old games.
I hate Resident Evil 6 because Leon gets all the women.
I hate Metal Gear Solid 2 because Solid snake has a beard.
I hate borderlands because the Guardian Angel is pretty.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
POP:Warrior within: EMO PRINCE !
Heavy Rain:Interactive Movie !

I hate Resident Evil 4 because Leon's voice is not manly enough.
Fun-Fact:Leon's RE2's in game grunts was Chris's voice :D
For f*ck's sake, we are two games past survival horror(RE 4 and RE 5)
Well RE4 still was creppy and upsetting enough.
resident-evil-4-chainsaw-1.png

and not to forget what it was originally supposed to be like
RE4_original_cg.jpg

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
That changes nothing, if it's something so incredibly broken that it can't be surmounted through practice then it's not a game that should have been released in the first place.

Do, or do not, there is no try

just because it shouldn't be released doesn't mean that it won't be. and even if it doesn't go that far unfair methods of increasing difficulty make the game less fun. if you should be able to do something in 2 or 3 tries and it takes 10 because the game is cheating then most people would not have fun and if you are not having fun with a game than that is the only reason to not like it.

and there is definitely try. effort doesn't always equal results.

Terrutas

just because it shouldn't be released doesn't mean that it won't be. and even if it doesn't go that far unfair methods of increasing difficulty make the game less fun. if you should be able to do something in 2 or 3 tries and it takes 10 because the game is cheating then most people would not have fun and if you are not having fun with a game than that is the only reason to not like it.

So you bait him into an argument where your stance lies in the fact that you're too lazy to overcome a challenge? Unless the challenge is clearly satirical or the game was made by Ninja Theory, then it's probably possible to beat it.

I can't help but feel amused. But at the same time, I feel kind of sorry for you. You've probably never beaten a Megaman game. I'd be ashamed of that.

Rayl

That's the excuse of somebody who isn't willing to put in the time and effort into getting better. If we take two games that are light on plot, then the one that kicks your ass is more satisfying to beat then one that holds your hand from start to finish, if you can't beat something then you do it over and over until you can.

If you give up and then start saying "This game is bad because of it's difficulty" then your opinion should be ignored, if you give up and then start saying "I don't like this game because of it's difficulty" then it's fair but leave it at that, don't go around hating and talking **** about a game just because of that, you're the one that gave up.

ZeroLove

Some people just aren't good at certain games. Sure, with practice they could become good at them, but if the game doesn't interest the person enough to do so, then it is totally reasonable for that person not to buy the game.

Meg

That's the excuse of somebody who isn't willing to put in the time and effort into getting better. If we take two games that are light on plot, then the one that kicks your ass is more satisfying to beat then one that holds your hand from start to finish, if you can't beat something then you do it over and over until you can.

If you give up and then start saying "This game is bad because of it's difficulty" then your opinion should be ignored, if you give up and then start saying "I don't like this game because of it's difficulty" then it's fair but leave it at that, don't go around hating and talking **** about a game just because of that, you're the one that gave up.
Some game's difficulty DOES come from being poorly made. In that case, it's perfectly understandable to hate the game for being hard. However, a game like....say Dark Souls is very well made and fair. So if someone says a game like is bad that because it's hard, then that's silly.

Terrutas

Some game's difficulty DOES come from being poorly made. In that case, it's perfectly understandable to hate the game for being hard. However, a game like....say Dark Souls is very well made and fair. So if someone says a game like is bad that because it's hard, then that's silly.

Thing is he was generally speaking so obviously his opinion holds pretty much no weight.

Top Bottom