• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MORTAL KOMBAT!!

Kaihedgie

Mortal Kombat was the first series I ever played as a whole. When I was young, my eldest brother used to play it a lot. Needless to say, the Fatalities scared the crap out of me. Eventually, I took a keen interest into the series and braved myself through the decapitations and immolation. When the N64 came in, we got Mortal Kombat Trilogy, eventually versing my brother, despite having no solid combat knowledge in fighting games. In time, I learned him, ending up becoming even better than he was in his prime. Mortal Kombat also holds two great distinctions: introducing secret characters in fighting games, and actually havin' a spinoff movie that actually did well in sharp contrast to previous movie adaptation flops such as Super Mario Bros.

Kyo

medicated insanity
does anyone besides me, think that the new mortal combat game.
mortal combat VRS dc unaviers is alitte to much?
i understand mortal combat is a contest between unavirses to determaine its faith, but putting childrens cartoons, these so called "heros"(which if you ask me lack somewhat the heroic charm and gothic,darkness. that mortal combat has) is a crime which i dislike with a passion!
i grew up playing mortal combat man, it got famus because it was adultish and bloody, who wonts to see super man bleed?
(of course i do) but not fighting my fave MC person. its wrong..

Kaihedgie

Kyo;141353 said:
does anyone besides me, think that the new mortal combat game.
mortal combat VRS dc unaviers is alitte to much?
i understand mortal combat is a contest between unavirses to determaine its faith, but putting childrens cartoons, these so called "heros"(which if you ask me lack somewhat the heroic charm and gothic,darkness. that mortal combat has) is a crime which i dislike with a passion!
i grew up playing mortal combat man, it got famus because it was adultish and bloody, who wonts to see super man bleed?
(of course i do) but not fighting my fave MC person. its wrong..

You broke ze first rule: Always say Kombat, not combat. But that's beside the point.

DC didn't start out as cartoons, but comics. The heroes of DC share a lot more in common than you think. Prime example is Scorpion and Batman. Both characters are committed to the cause of vengence and justice. DC is a lot darker than ye may realize. A lot of drama is involved in the storylines, primarily, Batman.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Kaihedgie;141431 said:
You broke ze first rule: Always say Kombat, not combat. But that's beside the point.

DC didn't start out as cartoons, but comics. The heroes of DC share a lot more in common than you think. Prime example is Scorpion and Batman. Both characters are committed to the cause of vengence and justice. DC is a lot darker than ye may realize. A lot of drama is involved in the storylines, primarily, Batman.

True.
DC has some dark comics. Marvel on the other hand....DOESN'T. Top Cow has some darker comics too (Witchblade and The Darkness).

Kyo

medicated insanity
Kaihedgie;141431 said:

still, mixxing childrens cartoons (weather they started off as comics or not) into a adult game most of us have played since we first started is alittle messed up.

bat man ripping off a guys head, ok if i seen that it would make no since.
of course batmans dark, but not that dark.

Kaihedgie

ÐΔ~Sparda™;141502 said:
It's a crossover game which truly doesn't fit MK Style.

I think it does. The characters from both sides do share similarities and traits if you think about it. In addition, there is more to Mortal Kombat than just ripping out hearts and cutting off people's head. Take the time to pay attention the storyline as well as each character's background history.

Sparda™

Kaihedgie;141600 said:
I think it does. The characters from both sides do share similarities and traits if you think about it. In addition, there is more to Mortal Kombat than just ripping out hearts and cutting off people's head. Take the time to pay attention the storyline as well as each character's background history.

I think I know more about Mortal Kombat than meets the eye.

And this crossover doesn't fit. Period.

Kyo

medicated insanity
ÐΔ~Sparda™;141612 said:
I think I know more about Mortal Kombat than meets the eye.

And this crossover doesn't fit. Period.
here here! i agree!

biohazardmaster;141618 said:
^ ughh looks like i wont receive any rep+ after all
getting rep isn't everything, but since this thread seems to have picked up alot of repiles i'll give some.

Kyo

medicated insanity
biohazardmaster;141643 said:
so why dont they make a new MK movie?
cuz i really loved those
because, at the end of the last one the faith of the worlds was basicaly decided and all the others sideing with sharekon, died.

altho the qustioning in why they haven't just came up with ne villains is beyond me.
it wouldn't be that defacult.

if you ask me i think that, the MK games take off where the movies end, glad lu kan died, hated him.
i was always a johny cage or sub zero kinda guy.

Top Bottom