• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MORE!! Much more new footage from PlaystationAccess!!

Grey-Frog

Yeah, I just went back and you're right, there's no visual effect on him. It was a shine on some of the metal that I saw. I'm still sure she says "You can fight it now" though, lol. It would be nice if she was actually helpful for more than just getting Dante back to the real world.

Paexie

Oh, yeah looks like they cut off when they show a bit of Dante's past with his mother.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Oh, yeah looks like they cut off when they show a bit of Dante's past with his mother.
I'm so happy that they are going this route. I was starting to doubt they would show Sparda and Eva, but they are going so much into Dante's backstory and showing a ton of Eva and a little bit of Sparda. I hope to see more Sparda in the full game.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yup! I noticed that a bit ago :x It's been up on my Knowledge Primer for a couple weeks now :3

Paexie

So just to clear things up for me:

After hearing the Hunter talk about his mother, Dante grabs hold of his amulet and starts to vaguely remember Eva giving it to him. Scene cuts off.

Then we see him pick up a blue rose out of nowhere and we cut to the lost memories.
I'm going call them this from now on because they are not secret missions they are in-story missions that take Dante to remember his past and it looks like he has to literally unchain whatever is holding him back from remembering. I wonder what that statue will do once it's fully released.

And it looks like it takes place after he acquired the arbiter (look at his background and you'll see bookshelves) and I bet the first rose he gets is actually in Eva's room.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I see that NT started an Spoiler mode On in new trailers but still Im not caring as I think that some of material in final game will be slightly changed to avoid to early spoilers from media.

crush

So, there is obviously a mission how Dante will get his DT.
And I'm happy the hooks are not the same. Ophion looks quite cool. Better than "Angel lift".
I'm a bit concerned about the bosses circling knife attack.
That sure cuts the smoothness of combat. But I think you could deflect it back at him.

Gbraga

By the way, do you think we can perry his blade when he throws during the dark part of the boss fight to make him come out immediately? I hope so.

Another thing worth noticing: Eva is a readhead, isn't she? So the tradition is kept, rock on Ninja Theory!

Paexie

In the trailers, it looked like Dante was using drive to attack, but it might actually be him parrying the attack back at him.
I really hope this boss was on easy because that chainsaw marionette can make Dante work harder than that.

I'm not so sure about Eva being a red head, she looks like a brunette like Dante.

Gbraga

In the trailers, it looked like Dante was using drive to attack, but it might actually be him parrying the attack back at him.
I really hope this boss was on easy because that chainsaw marionette can make Dante work harder than that.

I'm not so sure about Eva being a red head, she looks like a brunette like Dante.
You're right, there is blood on top of her, I was very sleepy when I watched lol

I'll watch it again now. So excited for this game! Those Secret Mission video rewards are brilliant and I hope Capcom learns from Ninja Theory as much as they're learning from Capcom, that collaboration can really make both studios twice as good as they were before.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
tumblr_md7z6fNkmj1ryfipvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_md7z6fNkmj1ryfipvo2_1280.jpg

The next person to yell an F-bomb over this character will get pitchfork rammed up their butt.

But being serious, how can anyone call this new Dante shallow and undeveloped after scene with his mother? It gives me Devil May Cry 1 flashbacks when you hear her voice saying 'Happy Birthday.'

Gbraga

Man, little Dante is so cute lol

I hope the torture part is not underdeveloped in the final game, the first trailer (the announcement one, that got the huge hate) did a great job at showing someone who suffered by the hands of demon his entire life, but after the second redesign, not only he's a lot healthier, but the overall tone of the game seems very irreverent, but that may be just irreverent moments because they want to sell that "It's still DMC" image and the story will still be very serious, because scenes like that with Dante and Eva already makes you feel sorry for him even though we didn't see what he went through. When you combine that with the "I don't know my mother but if you're calling me a son of a bitch you wouldn't be the first", you notice how Dante is fragile on the inside and tormented by the past he does not know (and seeks for answers in the Home Truth video) while keeping that irreverent and strong image on the outside, he doesn't let anyone else know of his troubles and keep them to himself because he needs to be strong to fight what he's fighting. I love me some NT storytelling.

crush

So what do you think about that statue everyone?
There wasn't a head there in the previous trailers...Wonder what it means.

Paexie

4I07l.jpg
I'm super curious about what this will do in the end. It looks like the first thing you release is his neck. There is another for his chest and for each arm. There is probably more that isn't visible in this mini mission.

crush

I don't know...but I get the feeling you get something new each time you enter this stage.
So I think you get 4 abilities...probably related to Dante's powers.
Like angel boost or DT.
But it doesn't look like Sparda or anyone...I'm just puzzled.

Paexie

So what do you think about that statue everyone?
There wasn't a head there in the previous trailers...Wonder what it means.
Yeah, it was a building before, if I remember correctly.
03VTo.jpg

Looks like there is two more making this a total of six, which is pretty well rounded. I might be wrong though.

Paexie

I don't know...but I get the feeling you get something new each time you enter this stage.
So I think you get 4 abilities...probably related to Dante's powers.
Like angel boost or DT.
But it doesn't look like Sparda or anyone...I'm just puzzled.
Boss maybe? It really looks like once you unchain it that it will attack you or something. It could also be something a demon planted inside his mind.

crush

Boss maybe? It really looks like once you unchain it that it will attack you or something. It could also be something a demon planted inside his mind.

Well there is a slight possibility because demons are inside that area.
But I don't think the big guy is menacing or so.
Also the statues surrounding him looks like angels. Which make me more confused. What is he exactly?

Top Bottom