• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mod Support for PS4 Versions of "Fallout 4" & "Skyrim" Cancelled

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Looks like that promise for mod support for Bethesda games on PS4 have been "forbidden" by Sony, meaning only the Xbox and PC versions will have it:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/0...skyrim-wont-support-mods/#cObYSLSihXvj763A.99

"In an official update provided on Bethesda’s website, it states, “After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.” The developer has promised to issue an update if anything should happen that would allow mod support to come to Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim."

You know, I could've sworn people were lambasting Microsoft for their initial plans of console tyranny with the Xbox One when it was first announced....but you don't hear a lot of Sony fanboys talking about this, which is literally the same thing.

"We don't approve, so you don't get to do it." Thanks, Sony.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Posted about this in the Fallout 4 thread but it's big enough news to warrant a thread of its own. Shame for those who wanted mods on PS4, couple of people I know aren't happy about this at all & feel lied to by Sony. Was repeatedly said they were coming but some technical issues were holding them back but fixes were ongoing & now we hear this...

Luckily I have XB1 version of Fallout 4 & Skyrim on 360 & PC (with free remastered version for PC as I own legendary edition).

What's the betting that they deny cross platform play with Xbox Live next? As last I heard the ball was in their court as its ready to go.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So is it that they physically can't do it, or they can and just don't want mods to be there?

I believe they could (though some PC mods caused Audio & Visual bugs) but they dont want people to be able to modify content or games on the platform.

Quote from original report before cancellation news

On top of the mods’ size restrictions for Fallout 4‘s PlayStation 4 version, the post-apocalyptic RPG apparently has a few other problems to deal with on the platform after the recent Creation Kit 1.5.4 Update internally jarred some aspects of the game. For instance, using mods with PC textures for the open world title on PS4 may cause memory and performance issues, and there are bugs in the audio too, as developers have said, “Sound files are currently not supported” due to the console’s use of a proprietary audio format.

Though PSN file size limit for developers is lower than the limit currently on Xbox Live (Microsoft are in talks to raise their limit further too). Originally (before the news of cancellation) Sony had said mods couldnt be any larger than 900MB whereas Xbox Live allowed 2GB mods straight out of the gate.

Top Bottom