• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mobile forum?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Is there any chance that a mobile version the forum could be made. With no images at all? This would be alot quicker loading and easier posting. I'll and add more ideas later.

Keaton

Premium
I've actually been thinking about this myself lol
It would be nice to have a super condensed version for any DS/PSP/iPhone/Touch users to browse and respond on the forums; also, as you said Vaux-Kun, a template like that would make casual browsing a real peice of greased lightning :)

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I was thinking, having a posting box at the top and bottom, for example, if you're posting in the Waht're you doing thread You don't have to scroll for a while. And being imageless (disabling sigs, avatars, banenrs, topic icons, etc.) This would make normal browsing for slow connection users faster, but more simple. And mobile browsing alot more accessible.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to bring this to the front of the area so it is looked at and gets more suggestions.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sounds like a good idea if it would make browsing easier and more convenient.

I don't use a cell phone though, do the images present that much of an issue?

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Black Angel;177718 said:
Sounds like a good idea if it would make browsing easier and more convenient.

I don't use a cell phone though, do the images present that much of an issue?

They do. Usually, mobile internet is very, very slow, and traffic costs rather much, too. (second applies at least to my country)

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
The images are the main thing that loads. Without images, the site would load in about 1/10 of the time. I wouldn't recomend using the mobile version, if it comes, as a standard one as the images aren't that big on a PC, just for phones. And the site would be very very bland. without the images.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Vauxchen-kun;177725 said:
The images are the main thing that loads. Without images, the site would load in about 1/10 of the time. I wouldn't recomend using the mobile version, if it comes, as a standard one as the images aren't that big on a PC, just for phones. And the site would be very very bland. without the images.

Agreed. But it would load slow with dial-up too, belive it. I knowzit.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Bumping is a bad thing to do, but so is going off topic. Also, you're allowed to bump to bring a thread to attention, just don't do it too often.

Wouldn't mind seeing Staff views on this though.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Vauxchen-kun;178480 said:
Bumping is a bad thing to do, but so is going off topic. Also, you're allowed to bump to bring a thread to attention, just don't do it too often.

Wouldn't mind seeing Staff views on this though.

I know, I know.

There is already an option to see peoples profiles with no customizations, I use it cause I'm color blind.

Seems wierd that there isn't a no images option, I thought there was.:huh:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
That'd be a nifty little feature for sure, it'd give me something else to do whole I'm out and about other than Facebook, I'd imagine it's possible...

I've got no issues with you bumping this thread until it comes to Steve's attention or something, but don't go over the top yeah? Once or twice a day is plenty, and only if it's fallen below the topic with the most recent posts, it doesn't really need to be done if it's still quite visible as the most recently active topic.

Keaton

Premium
I do genuinly feel this is a good idea, especilly when I'm at home and my wireless connection has weak signal, it would help surfing these forums quicker :D

^^

Top Bottom