• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Rising VS DmC

Dominus

Side note there are three with geckos there are when you spin him on his own chord, when he gets his foot stuck in the group and u stab it in the head, and his insta kill where u slash his legs grab its front and swing through its legs cutting it up from behind. (if we also count his stealth kill then there are 4)
I was talking about the qte's after you stun someone but I guess you're right that the stab one is when he get's his foot stuck(forgot how you triggered that one). So that'd be one stun finisher for both geckos and grunts. And the grunt stun finisher is only usually triggered when you do a perfect parry.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Never seen someone complain about too many H&S games... but there's always a first.

There usually is only one qte per enemy, except for the gecko's which they are two. I'd say I look at it more as the action button used in God Hand to do suplexes, rapid kick and punch finishers, cobra twist, etc, when enemies were stunned. This added a decent amount of variety to enemy encounters in God Hand and I'm glad they were there. My favorite of course being when you fight Devil Hand and you have to mash attack fast enough so he doesn't beat out your pummel. If MGR at least matches the awesomeness of God Hand boss fights I'll be happy. I wish other people would get the memo that 1v1 boss fights against bosses "around" your size is more fun than 50 foot bosses...

My favorite one on one boss human sized boss fight is with Vergil (3rd Phase) from DMC3 because of how fast he was then that he made the fight so fast pace and intense but after that comes No More Heroes, the pinnacle of awesome, badass one on one human sized bosses ranging from the Henry to Margaret to Alice.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
Bullshit would be to praise the color coded enemies, not using the same combo.
My mistake :/ I was tired when I typed that. I've been sick lately. But It does put some strategy into the mix and some challenge. Think if you have two different color coded enemies in a group of regular enemies, you have to find ways to take each one out as quickly as possible or you are...for lack of a better word...screwed. I can see why they would praise it because it's a good idea. It makes you think on how you are going to act before you act it out.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
My mistake :/ I was tired when I typed that. I've been sick lately. But It does put some strategy into the mix and some challenge. Think if you have two different color coded enemies in a group of regular enemies, you have to find ways to take each one out as quickly as possible or you are...for lack of a better word...screwed. I can see why they would praise it because it's a good idea. It makes you think on how you are going to act before you act it out.

This was actually mentioned in Gregaman's last stream. Fighting a Hell Knight and a Frost Knight can forces you to strategizel if the Hell Knight enkindles the ground, you can stay on the ground as long as you're in Demon mode, but that leaves you with attacking with the slower weapons. If you want to attack the Frost Knight, you need to use Angel mode, and make sure you're aware of where the other one is.

GF9000000Returns

I believe that this limitation was set by yourself. Go look at any press preview of DmC, all they do is spam Hacker ALL DAY. I wouldn't be surprised if the press actually praise the color coded enemies on review because they "motivate you to mix it up", which is a load of bullshit. I even think it's safe to assume that at least 95% of people who play and enjoy the DMC series just spam the same crap over and over again.

While I agree that DmC is no different from mashing the same combos, one thing I disagree is that it feels like you spamming the move over and over like in MGR, at least IMO.

And yeah what BB said, it gives more unique-ness. I don't recall any DMC game doing stuff like that instead of statues.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
MGR: Spam the same combo, look ****ing badass doing it.

DmC: Spam the same combo, look like a tool doing it.

I think that sums things up quite nicely.

TyIquan_DmC

Dominus, why do you hate DmC but like MGR? I meant to ask on GameFAQs, but it's a tough existence for a pro so I only post sparingly there.

VergilNeroDante

Id buy MGR before this reboot because though im a fan of both MGS and the original i dont see myself playing this reboot whenever it comes out of course, very long. So i would probably have more fun with this than a flashly, graphically steller look, with poor dialogue anyways but thats my opinion.

Dante94513

Just played the MGR demo (yes, I got the ZOTE HD collection). This was my reaction before playing the game:

"So this is the game people said that is better than DmC. The NEXT "DMC" and it's faster than DmC. Well, can't wait to check it out."

Just so you know I want into this demo with medium expectations, same with DmC and ended up loving it. So what do I think after playing the demo?

Pros:
1.The graphics and framerate are amazing.
2. Blade mode fun to use.
3.The music is great.
4.The environment is huge and destructive.

Cons:
1.The combat isn't impressive (it's not like DMC, nor the strategy, freedom, depth, experimental, and fun like DmC. It's just a straight button mash with cool animation and effects).
2.While the environment looks good, it's quite bland and uninteresting.
3. It's short as hell
4. The parry system is quite a pain to get use to, and the lack of a good dodge system makes the fighting quite unpleasant.
5. The cutscenes are boring. There is so much padding with dialogue that I didn't even bother fully watching them. Note that I can live through the cutscenes in the other MGS games, but this just made roll my eyes. There was so much using lines that I didn't even bother.
6. Lacks extra weapon (sure there are grenades and rocker launchers, but I barely used them). Hopefully more will be available for Raiden.

Overall, I enjoyed the game (still better than NG3) but am very, very disappointed. Though I might get use to the parry system as I play the game more.

Yugo12

@Dante94513

It's a different kind of game from DmC. You don't have to button mash in the game though. Pressing Triangle and mixing it up with Square creates different combos. No many moves are unlocked in the demo so your move list is obviously pretty bare in the beginning. Also the enemies in the demo are very weak they have showed many enemies that look way tougher than those enemies and many previews have talked about how difficult the game is. Also I had no problems with the Parry System, it's very easy to use I'm not sure how it was a problem for you. There is a slash dodge, but dodging wasn't really Platinum Games focus when designing the concept of Raiden's combat.

Also you thought the cutscenes were boring? Really? It's setting you up for what is happening in the demo, what kind of character Raiden has become, and introduces Blade Wolf and why he fights. I thought it was great especially when Raiden was taunting him and the codecs are great too. What makes these cutscenes worse than MGS cutscenes?

Also why would you put "lacks extra weapons" as a con? It's a demo, it's supposed to just give a you a taste of what is to come and it does. The only con I could give the MGR demo is the fact that it doesn't give you any sort of idea of what kind of game it will be in the long run. With the DmC demo you get three weapons to switch from so you know how the combat works, there are moves that are unlocked in the demo so it gives you an idea what to expect, and it comes with for difficulties instead of two with different enemy variants that also gives you a good idea of how hard the game will be.

Honestly I think the DmC demo gave people too much.

Top Bottom