• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mentors?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Im bursting with ideas from other forums that i have been to, and i have seen that they work really well

I was wondering if there was a mod to give more advanced members mentor status, and all that it would do is it would give people a person to go to should they need help, but we dont have a couple maybe 3-5 or more so that you arent limited with just one mentor.

Just an idea that i thought could work

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
if a newbie has some questions and cant cant see a member of staff online and they see a mentor, then they would be there, and also there for other members to talk to about smaller things that seem to be going on alot lately, i decided to put up the idea when i saw yet another "im leaving" thread because they had been told they were not welcome, and i wanted to try and get mroe people to help them

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's a nice idea. But I think if they were to apply it there would have to be some test first. I mean, they might chose someone they think is advanced; but they might not be.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
biohazardmaster;144174 said:
hmm i dont see the sense of that idea cos any member could do the job without mentor status

Not really, as the status would be put in place to show that the member is supposedly advanced. Nobody would know said members were Mentors if they didn't have a status to go with it ;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You can't apply to something that doesn't exist. We have to wait and see what the mods/Admins have to say.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I understant the idea - and it's a good one - but it would be preferable if every member could be helpful in this way, and not just the odd select few. I don't know Steve's views on this because he's playing games and ignoring every single word I say but when he comes back on I'm sure he'll let everyone know what he reckons.

In the mean time, we could all have a go at being mentors, just without a badge :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Already taking that on-board ;) And I see where you are coming from. Every member here should be kind and helpful to the new people, regardless of a mentor status. But without naming anyone, I'm just going to say that some advanced members are maturer than others...At least from what I have come to see around here :)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That is true, but there's also the chance that people could feel overlooked if they don't make it to mentor status or worse, they don't see why they should even bother to help if nobody's going to thank them for it.

It's an overall attitude which every member should have: the willingness to help others and be part of a forum-wide team of generally nice people. We all have the capacity, so why not exercise it a little? A lot of people already do that, of course, but it would be nice to see everyone get involved and instead of putting each other down or having to refer them to somebody 'official', they can answer questions, help out and feel like they are just as useful as the next person.

If any of that makes sense then you're more with it than I am :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Angel;144214 said:
That is true, but there's also the chance that people could feel overlooked if they don't make it to mentor status or worse, they don't see why they should even bother to help if nobody's going to thank them for it.

It's an overall attitude which every member should have: the willingness to help others and be part of a forum-wide team of generally nice people. We all have the capacity, so why not exercise it a little? A lot of people already do that, of course, but it would be nice to see everyone get involved and instead of putting each other down or having to refer them to somebody 'official', they can answer questions, help out and feel like they are just as useful as the next person.

If any of that makes sense then you're more with it than I am :lol:

:lol: It makes perfect sense, well to me at least. You are right, I guess a status would make it seem like the mentors are greater than the normal members. That would just lead to disappointment in people if they don't make it at being a mentor, and I personally think it wouldn't be a fair thing to apply because like you said in your post we all have the ability to be mature and respect the new people, if we try hard. So all in all we are all capable of being mentors, therefore all the status would do is imply that some members are greater and are more knowledgeable than other members which would just lead people to being either jealous, upset or angry at not being one if it were to be applied.

Top Bottom