• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

VergilNeroDante

I'm done here.

I've said all I've needed to.

All wait till this thread either gets cluttered with mad fanboys (not anyone here beyond this post...maybe a few)
Or it's somehow locked.

Peace.

I'm done here.

I've said all I've needed to.

All wait till this thread either gets cluttered with mad fanboys (not anyone here beyond this post...maybe a few)
Or it's somehow locked.

Peace.

No one is asking for you to stay but you chose to. All I'm asking is to see just how many people actually liked the ending, it's not a bad thing to ask others on their opinions about the ending to the game. I just want to see just how many liked it.

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
It does for me. Feelings and emotions can really make a game go for me.

DMC3 just didn't have this.

I did. I noticed Vergil was one dimentional and power hungry, and Dante was party crazy and was the only one with character development, but it was a bit lazy, that I couldn't see it the fist time.

Don't get me wrong. Love DMC3 to death, but story was just not that good in my opinion.

Didn't have emotion not true. Dante shed a tear at the end of DMC3 you could tell it killed him to have to lose his brother the only family he had left. The whole story of DMC3 is much better then you think. For one if you listen to Vergil you can see why he is searching for power. He was unable to protect his Mother and she was ripped away from him and Dante. This is why Vergil wishes for power so he never have to worry of losing anyone again.

His fault with Dante is he doesn't understand why he does not want the same thing. Vergil didn't care about how he gained this power be it opening a portal to hell it self or killing his only brother but again this was just because how weak he felt in his childhood watching his Mother die. While all this goes on you watch Dante mature shifting his idea of the crazy party to the need to stop his brother from throwing the world into chaos over their father's sword.

DMC3 story may not be the best ever but its much better then this DmC ending.

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
Alot of people mistake Vergil that way he was never really "evil" his motives to some may have seemed that way but all Vergil wanted was his father's power all stemming back from when he was a child and he couldn't protect his mother; its speculated that Vergil watched his mother get killed from where he was fighting he probably assumed his brother was killed as well and ran. Any kid would want revenge Vergil was smart enough to realize that yeah he was pretty weak and he needed power. The Temi ni gru was the only thing Vergil could find that could open up a portal to the demon world he wasn't stupid or evil if he wanted he could have killed Lady or Dante at any time during the begining of the game. He loved Dante *as shown in the ending of of 3* and wanted him to live he also knew he would lose to Mundas but still went own not wanting to retreat and act like a coward he had a noble soul but he was very tortured.

Thank you beat me too it even if I still posted my version XD.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
*Starts crying and punches floor*

SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE

53246_0_org.jpg

Nero.

Think about how painful it must be to knowingly cultivate an L for that long

My heart goes out to Ninja Theory

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Ok, this is really heating up. Even some guys just want to add fuel to the fire just because most of them hated the ending and someone wants DMC5 now just because the ending is mediocre? You have your opinions, but please keep it for yourselves. Please don't shove it in my mouth. What I saw on some people is childish and even arrogant. I don't like it. It's no different from the guys on Youtube and even GameFAQs. And you're making this community as a cesspool? Please, never try to drag this down to a lower level.

Actually, I liked DmC's ending. I know some of you here call it lame, but what I care is where Dante will grow as a character. Sometimes, the comparison of this and the DMC3 ending can be weak because some of them based DmC's ending from the whole game itself, on how the characters were developed. DMC3 only got the supplementary manga for further explanation. So DragonMaster2010 has a point sometimes on why there is no build-up.

Oh yeah, my favorite scene is where Dante stopped killing Vergil (thanks to Kat) and then Dante extends his hand to Vergil and the latter took it. And he told him, "This world is under my protection now." And after a few words, Vergil left on his own, way different than how it's done in DMC3. This is from someone who isn't biased of the original and loves both, accepting flaws and whatnot. DmC is more like a clash of ideals while DMC3 has some Inuyasha vibes on it.

Can't wait for Vergil's Downfall. It's a DLC but it extends the DmC story with Vergil as the main. So I dunno why some will call it mediocre. I love the DMC3:SE and you play as Vergil BUT all of 20 missions are from Dante's! At least I enjoy it.

So I have no problems on DmC's ending. Can't wait to play it.

Blacknerd

Ya know...this is funny. For a while now I've been posting here and only saw a handful of people. Suddenly the ending for this long and stupid as **** controversy happens.What I saw was a decent ending like every ****ing DMC before hand I don't give a damn what any of you guys say. Yet now after this ending was shown people who haven't posted much here in a while just show up to do what? Act immature as hell gloat and talk as if because THEY don't like the ending they come back to talk down to people making rude and immature comments about How people who have a differing opinions are dumb for defending a game they chose to like over the past 3 years.

I don't get it I really freaking don't and its honestly for the first time in this 3 years of this idiocy has made me annoyed. Sure for a large portion of that time I had I was on capcom cu and dealt with only a handful of people who acted like asses over DmC. I came here long after I found a nice amount of people who loved the game, liked it or just had an interest in ti. The others who didn't like it barely posted much because they had nothing else to say and actually left the game alone. For once I thought we all had a common ground and just left well enough alone. Now that we all decided to cave and watched the ending for a game some of us waited years to play. We are back at square one. Arguing about **** of nothing and going back and forth about opinions and how DMC was this and how DmC does this and bla blah blah. Hell when Castlevania LoS came out people got mad but when it was said to be a reboot and nothing to do with the last one (like DmC) people left it as is and didnt hate it. Even though the game was a mixture of Castlevania/GoW/DMC it was still a game I loved and as a long running Cas fan I loved the nods to the original and so on. With DmC I thought people would feel the same but no with this we have the such immaturity. If I never liked this game I wouldn't follow it and try to say constantly how bad it was. I don't do that for MGR and I think that game is weak. I don't go on there youtube videos and talk **** to other fans and new fans. I don't goto there forums and talk about how bad the Voice acting and predictably the story-line is. News flash reboots dont have to be the same as the last. Im not gonna sit here and compare DmC to DMC 1 2 3 or 4 because 1 simple thing. Its not the exact same as the last ones. It may be similar and hold similarities to the last but its not the same game. Just like DMC 1-2-3-4 aren't the exact same. Hell people complained about 4 and are now praising it and talking on and on and on about how they are finding new things for a game that expired over 5 years ago.

All I wanna know is what exactly do you guys get from this? Whats the gain ? Whats the reward? Oh big whoop you didn't like the ending to a story that we all knew was predictable. Even when they released the DLC called Vergils Downfall. Honestly I'm done I really am. I'm not gonna argue with anyone I'm not gonna talk about people I'm just asking why. If you really didn't like this game and you hated it from the get go and never liked it then hated the ending and acting surprised meaning you showed some interest in the game. What are you to gain from arguing again about the same game?

Ohohohoho DmCs ending in my opinion sucked and because my opinion overrules there's that means im right and your an iditot for liking this game. Shame on NT for not making the ending exactly the way I wanted it. Lol at the DmC fans for defending such a **** game. Lol going back to DMC 3 and 4 for the TRUE dante and epic endings. I hope NT goes bankrupt because this game isn't exactly perfect the way I wanted it to be. This game is so bad the last boss looks so easy even though I have no intent on playing the game. Wow how lame and predictable even though every DMCs ending was predictable as hell but because NT said they have good writing and that means that good writing = amazing endings. Screw the fact that alot of films and games had good writing but predictable endings its NT and because they said it about MY game they are automatically full of themselves and bad.

I agree with the member TheNoHeartedBeing can we please cut the bull and stop? We have differing opinion as both fans and gamers. Lets leave it at that and stop this 3 year bullshit.

Sorry those who have seen more of my post but im not usually one to go long winded and angry but this pure idiotic arguings got to stop.

-BN Jimmies Rustled

Nero.

To be true I can't define if I like it or not.
The reason? Because it's not a ending. It's rather a begining.

We know Vergil DLC will be coming out and NT will be making sequels.

Am I allowed to lol at this?

Top Bottom