• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
facepalm.gif

Threads like these is the shining example of everything that's wrong with this generation of Gamers.

A shame really oh and every reply I posted I got the replies I expected.
Agility, is that you?

ChaserTech

Ok... look.

If you're putting yourself out there on youtube, you're going to have to expect a difference of opinion, even if it wasn't about DmC. It's not like a forum with mods. Yes, there are people who get their accounts closed, but you know what I mean when I say it isn't quite the same.

I say... disable the comments and turn off your mailbox (if that's even possible). Either that, or report each and every negative comment towards you.

I'm not gonna do that. I'd would much rather be able to listen to my subscribers who provide good feedback. I don't want to silence everyone just because a group of individuals decided to talk crap about what I have to say. And I already know that people aren't going to like my work. I've understood that from being an artist. But I don't care since it's my work and I would like some feedback from it.

And honestly, I didn't say I was upset about it. I just don't understand it.
Why would they give a hard time when I just don't like DmC's combat system?

I'm not comparing you to... that individual... but I have the same opinion about Event Status' videos. He goes on and yells unreasonably and is shocked -- shocked -- when he gets negative backlash (along with a lot of a lot positive backlash, that is).

So, while you can report people on a forum (or, at least, on this forum) you can expect for the haters to reign in their frothing of the mouth a little due to the fact that the admins and supporters are immediately on their case.

I don't mean all the skeptics, just the ones who see fit to insult others (whether overtly or covertly behind seemingly innocent comments, like a sinister ghoul).

I myself posted a "constructive criticism" thread. I explained each and every one of my points with the occasional joke. I don't think it's to much to ask that people explain why they hate it instead of just saying "it's bad." The only reason to do that is to just dismiss it and assume it's not even worth watching.

And that, in my opinion, is morally wrong. There shouldn't be any negativity without some sort of explanation.

That's understandable, and it's agreeable that you shouldn't just hate something without explaining it.
However some people are just like that. So sometimes we can't just force them to tell us why they don't like it when they simply don't. It's weird, but it's how some people work.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I did. I noticed Vergil was one dimentional and power hungry, and Dante was party crazy and was the only one with character development, but it was a bit lazy, that I couldn't see it the fist time. Don't get me wrong. Love DMC3 to death, but story was just not that good in my opinion.
Alot of people mistake Vergil that way he was never really "evil" his motives to some may have seemed that way but all Vergil wanted was his father's power all stemming back from when he was a child and he couldn't protect his mother; its speculated that Vergil watched his mother get killed from where he was fighting he probably assumed his brother was killed as well and ran. Any kid would want revenge Vergil was smart enough to realize that yeah he was pretty weak and he needed power. The Temi ni gru was the only thing Vergil could find that could open up a portal to the demon world he wasn't stupid or evil if he wanted he could have killed Lady or Dante at any time during the begining of the game. He loved Dante *as shown in the ending of of 3* and wanted him to live he also knew he would lose to Mundas but still went own not wanting to retreat and act like a coward he had a noble soul but he was very tortured.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm done here.

I've said all I've needed to.

All wait till this thread either gets cluttered with mad fanboys (not anyone here beyond this post...maybe a few)
Or it's somehow locked.

Peace.

Mystiq Doom

I feel like the ending was rushed but the gist of it is solid. Vergil probably had more to actually SAY, time permitting but yea...****in rushed. Still, in terms of story...this game is still lightyears ahead of the original series.

Top Bottom