• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lucia as DLC or Special Edition?

Lucia for DLC?

• YES!!!!

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Not so much

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You know its funny people seem to be putting so much emphasis on Lucia's voice and model actress(rather than anything else) for a thread about DLC/Special Edition for if Lucia is in DMC5 Capcom have already decided on her model and voice even before this thread was made.

berto

I Saw the Devil
rather than anything else
If that’s what people want to talk about that’s what people want to talk about. If by anything else you mean gameplay, weapons and story then, by all means, bring it up.

Capcom have already decided on her model and voice even before this thread was made.
So was the plot and combat but it’s fun to speculate. Just talking about facts is boring and this is like making a wishlist.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
It is set after DMC2 so making her more confident is a natural progression of her character but we don't want to make her fem Dante or Bayonetta lite. We already have Lady and Trish as well as Nero. This series doesn't needs more wise cracking showoffs but more subdued ones like Vergil and V.

It's funny, because Dante has gotten a lot of clones over the past decade in a half. Brandon Heat (Gungrave), Kagura (Onechanbara), Wonder Blue (Wonderful 101), and Gene (God Hand). All the more ironic, since Dante was based off Space Adventure Cobra.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So ultimately an episode Lucia DLC would be ideal. I prefer her on Dumary Island but setting her with the others in Redgrave City is fine. Setting it in Redgrave City probably would be more cost effective than creating a new model for Dumary. In terms of actresses, I'm neutral because I don't really keep track.

Giving her a scythe would be cool. I thought she was an ice devil so I wanted to play that up but her being a wind elemental is fine. You could play her serious demeanor against her skill with wind.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It's funny, because Dante has gotten a lot of clones over the past decade in a half. Brandon Heat (Gungrave), Kagura (Onrchanbara), Wonder Blue (Wonderful 101), and Gene (God Hand). All the more ironic, since Dante was based off Space Adventure Cobra.

The list goes longer than that. Lets not forget the many Chinese/Korean knockoffs inspirations. Its fine if outside series makes Dante clones it becomes annoying when the DMC series starts becoming abundant in them.

Funny that Cobra wasn't really that popular but his inspiration is. Unfortunately Dante might be too iconic/popular for his own good. You can't change the character too much or reboot him, can't really replace him as the main protagonist otherwise they will catch heat. Dante is oddly more popular than the actual series he is from.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Funny that Cobra wasn't really that popular but his inspiration is.
In America, that might be, but, in Japan, that genre of manga was very popular and so were the characters in it.

Unfortunately Dante might be too iconic/popular for his own good. You can't change the character too much or reboot him, can't really replace him as the main protagonist otherwise they will catch heat. Dante is oddly more popular than the actual series he is from.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. When they first showed footage of Nero drop kicking Dante at the start of DMC4 there was a huge uproar because it's BS that some noob couldn't do that to Dante. I was right there with them but a few years later, as I thought about how Dante had no real challenge, how DMC4 was a cakewalk for him and that they should've presented him with some real adversity I realized that the reason he had none might've been my fault and the fault of the fans that idolize him too much. We raged when that happened and now Dante's become stuck in his own popularity. He can't falter or struggle or have any real challenge because we didn't let him. Not until now, anyway, and I can say with a degree of certainty that we the fans are the reason Dante and the series are stuck in a proverbial limbo of which I'm hoping, at least in terms of plot, this game will try to pull it out of.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
The list goes longer than that. Lets not forget the many Chinese/Korean knockoffs inspirations. Its fine if outside series makes Dante clones it becomes annoying when the DMC series starts becoming abundant in them.

Really? I like to know more about these "inspirations". I never heard of them.

Funny that Cobra wasn't really that popular but his inspiration is. Unfortunately Dante might be too iconic/popular for his own good. You can't change the character too much or reboot him, can't really replace him as the main protagonist otherwise they will catch heat. Dante is oddly more popular than the actual series he is from.

That is very accurate. That shows the appeal of a character that's made to be cool and fun without being obnoxious. What helps is that Dante is a guy who knows how to make fum of himself.​

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
When they first showed footage of Nero drop kicking Dante at the start of DMC4 there was a huge uproar because it's BS that some noob couldn't do that to Dante. I was right there with them but a few years later, as I thought about how Dante had no real challenge, how DMC4 was a cakewalk for him and that they should've presented him with some real adversity I realized that the reason he had none might've been my fault and the fault of the fans that idolize him too much. We raged when that happened and now Dante's become stuck in his own popularity. He can't falter or struggle or have any real challenge because we didn't let him. Not until now, anyway, and I can say with a degree of certainty that we the fans are the reason Dante and the series are stuck in a proverbial limbo of which I'm hoping, at least in terms of plot, this game will try to pull it out of.

I remember the backlash, but I vaguely have any memory freaking out about the dropkick, but that doesn't suprise me. My reaction, if I recall, was "oh, this is different!". Nero I welcomed with open arms, because seeing his gameplay gave me God Hand flashbacks.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Really? I like to know more about these "inspirations". I never heard of them.

I am trying to find them but its usually those Chinese/Korean mobile games or MMOs with the cheap anime artstyle and you usually see a white haired 2 kool 4 skool with a bad attitude bounty/demon/monster hunter who has a gun and a sword usually wearing red or black. I saw one that looks like a fusion of Dante and Nero......here it is.

It doesnt stop there

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/9iq8nq

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I am trying to find them but its usually those Chinese/Korean mobile games or MMOs with the cheap anime artstyle and you usually see a white haired 2 kool 4 skool with a bad attitude bounty/demon/monster hunter who has a gun and a sword usually wearing red or black. I saw one that looks like a fusion of Dante and Nero......here it is.

It doesnt stop there

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/9iq8nq

The clones are so obvious, it hurts!

And Lass, where's your motivation?

Dungeon Fighter was more subtle with its Dante clone in comparison to those.

mgunnernew_8460.png

mspitfire_1754.jpg

mranger_5048.jpg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
We are talking how Lucia will make a good comeback in DLC for DMC5 right?
- story
- gameplay
- design
etc.?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
He can't falter or struggle or have any real challenge because we didn't let him.

I'm not buying that actually. Dante's popularity peak was at DMC3's time and that's the game where he gets beaten up the most.

It's not that us fans don't like Dante to be challenged. That's not the reason why he hasn't been recently. It's just Capcom's bad writing, the fans have nothing to do with it in this instance.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly I can't remember Lucia's personality from 2. She was polite, a professional and had angst over being a clone. Did i miss anything?

So you could expand on that or add to it.

windleopard

I'd add some magic spells to Lucia's arsenal since there is a lack of such among the protagonists. They could be passed on to her from Matier as Protectorate tradition.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
She had a role in the prequel novel Before the Nightmare. She and Dante teamed up before 5 and they took down Balrog together. It also established that it's been a decade since they met in 2.

If anything you could just adapt that segment as a Lucia-focused DLC episode. I'd prefer a side story where we see how Dumary was coping with the Qliphoth(however you spell it) invasion but I'm not too picky at this point. As long as she comes back that's all that matters and there is always DMC6 ;).

DarkSlayerVergil

Can't think of any. I did want something that could differentiate her more from other playable characters, hence why I suggested spells.
Simply give her melee weapons that focus more on dual wieldings like for example I could see Lucia using Agni & Rudra. In terms of long range weapons I'd say have her form daggers out of demonic energy as a way of showing how much her skills has improved since she last met Dante. Also Lucia could wield Artemis(the devil arm not the boss), duel kamas, or twin whips. I'd imagine Lucia kicks being mapped to the ○ button and they'd vary in animation and property depending on what melee weapon you had equipped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom