• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lucia as DLC or Special Edition?

Lucia for DLC?

• YES!!!!

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Not so much

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wouldn't it be more authentic if she were a French national for the voice? I don't power rangers much anymore so I don't know any of those people can fake a french accent. What about the original voice actress, Françoise Gralewski? She's still acting.

As for the model, she's a bit young looking.

Don't have to be French. Think someone else.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
To me, them doing a Lucia-based DLC feels like a better move. It's more likely unique content made for Lucia specifically whereas special editions tend to just a run through of same levels.

That is usually how lazy Capcom does it. Ninja Gaiden's "Special Editions" (Sigma editions and Razor Edge) tend to be more beefy but then again those games are usually just all the DLC in a new game.

We probably won't get a Special Edition until the next console generation (so like 3 years from now at the least, it took 7 years for DMC4 to get a SE and DMC3 only got a SE to fix the difficulty and release a more fair version of the game since DMC3 wasn't doing so well since some jackass thought it would be a bright idea to make an already hard game harder for certain countries) so DLC would be quicker. However strong DLC support tends to be planned beforehand and Itsuno's own words seem like they didn't really do that as they planned the game to be a full complete experience and didn't really put much thought into DLC. This isn't the case of FFXV where the main game was so incomplete that the devs went out of their way to keep updating it over a year and SpiderMan PS4 sets up his DLC in the main game heavily alluding to the fact that they were pre-planned and its obvious at times devs start working on DLC even before they finish the main game. Possibly Capcom wants to see if DMC5 sells well before they "justify" spending more time and resources making more content for the game. Couple this with the fact they never announced a Season pass or any post content outside BP (which should be in the main game but at least its free). Thus DLC development probably won't start until after the game drops. And the at launch DLC in the game was probably made in a week (not very hard compared to a small campaign, a new character, or new modes).

While a few years ago this would be seen as noble (sort of) nowadays people might see it as short sighted and outright lame since people now want longevity with basically all of their games and thus want new content as soon as possible.

However, Capcom/Itsuno have expressed interest in putting in DLC characters if there is enough demand and I'm sure if the game is popular and sell well Capcom wouldn't want to overlook the possibility of making more profits off the game. Although Itsuno wants to move on to his next project after DMC5 is done.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just occurred to me that, considering the modern scope of gaming, it doesn't matter if it's DLC or a Special Edition. If she comes to the game she will be both. First as DLC and then included in the SE.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Not gonna lie watching Lucia fight in Ice skates would be pretty fun.

Well considering Bayonetta already did that I don't think Capcom would want people to accuse them of ripping off Bayonetta.

So why not have Capcom rip off themselves namely DmC and Sengoku Basara. I'm surprised no one here considered giving Lucia Osiris and Aquila or angelic like weapons based off of Osiris (scythe) and Aquila (large shuriken). They carry over some of those weapons moves while having some unique moves (just really like some of those moves for those weapons to be honest). You can rename them if you want to separate them from DmC. Like scythe can be named Isis (since she is Osiris wife) but if Capcom wants to avoid association with the terrorist organization well since giving Lucia a scythe would give her an angel of death motif why not name it after an actual angel of death. So Azrael, Samael, Yama, Abaddon, Santa Muerte, Mot, etc would make good names.

As for the Shurikens since Aquila means eagle you can name it after a mythical bird like say Roc, Garuda, Minokawa, Tengu, Thoth, or keeping to the constellation idea (since Aquila is also a constellation) why not Cygnus (swans match Lucia more than eagles).

As for moveset a combination of stuff from Osiris and Aquila with some new stuff and some stuff from Sengoku Basara namely Sasuke, Kasuga, and Kotaro well mostly for the shurikens. These 3 are a good reference point and since SB takes heavily from DMC (well its made by the same team) and DMC takes from it too especially with DMC4 SE and even DMC5 and playing SB you see a lot of neat weapons and ideas that could be utilized in DMC. I like how Sasuke's Shuriken is tied to a string so it acts like a yo-yo. I guess Kasuga can be more of reference for range/projectile and some hand to hand. Not so sure about the scythes full moveset. I could do a moveset breakdown for the weapons later and maybe a possible control scheme that would be nice.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well considering Bayonetta already did that I don't think Capcom would want people to accuse them of ripping off Bayonetta.

So why not have Capcom rip off themselves namely DmC and Sengoku Basara. I'm surprised no one here considered giving Lucia Osiris and Aquila or angelic like weapons based off of Osiris (scythe) and Aquila (large shuriken). They carry over some of those weapons moves while having some unique moves (just really like some of those moves for those weapons to be honest). You can rename them if you want to separate them from DmC. Like scythe can be named Isis (since she is Osiris wife) but if Capcom wants to avoid association with the terrorist organization well since giving Lucia a scythe would give her an angel of death motif why not name it after an actual angel of death. So Azrael, Samael, Yama, Abaddon, Santa Muerte, Mot, etc would make good names.

As for the Shurikens since Aquila means eagle you can name it after a mythical bird like say Roc, Garuda, Minokawa, Tengu, Thoth, or keeping to the constellation idea (since Aquila is also a constellation) why not Cygnus (swans match Lucia more than eagles).

As for moveset a combination of stuff from Osiris and Aquila with some new stuff and some stuff from Sengoku Basara namely Sasuke, Kasuga, and Kotaro well mostly for the shurikens. These 3 are a good reference point and since SB takes heavily from DMC (well its made by the same team) and DMC takes from it too especially with DMC4 SE and even DMC5 and playing SB you see a lot of neat weapons and ideas that could be utilized in DMC. I like how Sasuke's Shuriken is tied to a string so it acts like a yo-yo. I guess Kasuga can be more of reference for range/projectile and some hand to hand. Not so sure about the scythes full moveset. I could do a moveset breakdown for the weapons later and maybe a possible control scheme that would be nice.

Those are great!!!

Maybe give her sais too!

And she needs good taunts. Personality needs changing.

windleopard

Those are great!!!

Maybe give her sais too!

And she needs good taunts. Personality needs changing.
I think her personality is actually okay as it is. I think the DMC universe needs more of an introvert character to balance out the more over the top characters.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd say expanding on her personality and sorting what her arc/backstory was in DMC2 is the way to go. Granted DMC5 is set after 2 so I don't know if a potential DLC would deal with 2 as much as we'd like. However, it could as apparently DMC5 being set after 2 has some significance so tackling that with Lucia feels like a good idea.

windleopard

I'd say expanding on her personality and sorting what her arc/backstory was in DMC2 is the way to go. Granted DMC5 is set after 2 so I don't know if a potential DLC would deal with 2 as much as we'd like. However, it could as apparently DMC5 being set after 2 has some significance so tackling that with Lucia feels like a good idea.
A recent interview stated that the end of 5 will explain why it is set after 2. Hope Lucia is involved.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not against Lucia being an introverted character. It's just introverted characters aren't always used well and can be stiff or boring so it's a tough balancing act.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm not against Lucia being an introverted character. It's just introverted characters aren't always used well and can be stiff or boring so it's a tough balancing act.

I'd hardly call Lucia an introvert she was just in DMC2. They borderline made Dante a mute. Lucia had more personality than him in that game.

It is set after DMC2 so making her more confident is a natural progression of her character but we don't want to make her fem Dante or Bayonetta lite. We already have Lady and Trish as well as Nero. This series doesn't needs more wise cracking showoffs but more subdued ones like Vergil and V.

Also wouldn't V be classified as an introvert? He comes off as one to me. Guy dresses in all black, wears sandals, goes around quoting William Blake, and his only friends are his pets. When Nero and Nico are engaging in their shenanigans he is just there in the background reading his book and not taking part. Sounds super introverted to me.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Stylish Nero
I'm optimistic about V but I'm just saying introverts aren't always used well in my experience. So if Lucia is used and she is an introvert, I'm hoping they do a good job with her.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@Stylish Nero
I'm optimistic about V but I'm just saying introverts aren't always used well in my experience. So if Lucia is used and she is an introvert, I'm hoping they do a good job with her.

Mind if you cite your experiences? Introverts make up almost half of the population so introverted characters would be quite common in media. They're just as normal and common as extroverts. If a character isn't used well (introvert or extrovert) that is on the fault of the writers. They can still misuse and ruin Lucia's character whether she is an extrovert or introvert.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Setting a DLC in Dumary Island might be a good idea. Having it be a side story to the main game allows us to focus on Lucia better rather than trying to squeeze her in there.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Setting a DLC in Dumary Island might be a good idea. Having it be a side story to the main game allows us to focus on Lucia better rather than trying to squeeze her in there.

No offense I don't think it matters. The last time we saw Lucia she was in Dante's shop which is NOT on Dumary Island. Also if Lucia is that winged demon Nero fights (not saying 100% she is although I willing to bet money that she is) wouldn't that want to make people curious how she got into that situation.

Also due to the nature of the story its very easy to place Lucia into the story for one. This is a global threat not an isolated one (that while has its roots....haha....in one city) and as a Vie De Marli it is her duty to protect mankind from demons or.....

There is a time skip between Dante being defeated and Nero and Nico going to Red Grave City to save Dante and stop the tree. So there is time to put her there and its quite clear and easy to give her motifs that tie into the main plot and her own character. Since Dante was defeated and possibly captured perhaps Lucia got word and goes there herself to try to rescue him since she wants to return the favor.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Who likes to have Nakia Burrise take up the role of Lucia? She played Tanya in PR.
She seems like a capable actress but can she do a French accent? That’s always going to be my first and most important question, specially since the original actress was French so she didn’t have to fake it. She was a power ranger but her reel didn’t show any martial arts or acrobatics and the point of hiring a PR is that they can both act and do stunt work. Did she actually do any martial arts or gymnastics in the show?

Top Bottom