• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lock- On or No Lock- On?

Kammosjuttu

No Lock-on = No cramp in fingers WIN for me

But toggling between the stances may cause cramps, too, since the button must be pressed down all the time to keep it activated. At least for me Heavenly Sword did that, cramped my fingers I mean... >_< But yep, I hope DmC won't kill my fingers, or anyone else's.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
Don't really care,both have their pros and cons. I usually don't care which boss i'm attacking as long as i'm hiting some demon,racking up points,looking stylish and have the people watching me play say hhoooo!!! And hhaaa!!! I'm happy:D

Kammosjuttu

You get finger cramps? You're supposed to get thumb cramps.

Thumb is a finger, too. And whichever finger you use, that finger you tense up, causing at the same time other fingers possibly tensing, and then you have finger cramps all over the place.

Dante47

That's a good point. The stances would have made it near impossible to have a lock on button. So it just boils down to wanting the stance system or lock-on.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
You get finger cramps? You're supposed to get thumb cramps.

The last time i looked, lock on was on a 'trigger' button (L1, R1 OR LB OR RB) (hence using fingers and getting cramps in them,). I use my thumbs for the main controls.

chocolatepanda

Was it? I don't remember ever using it.
The actual double tap move in Bayonetta was a stinger pretty much but wasn't really all that strong so i didnt use it much either but i did spam the forward back and vice versa move quite a bit. But my play style with Bayonetta is really different from how i play DMC games. I just try to kill stuff as fast as possible in Bayonetta and spam my fav moves but in DMC i try to switch it up a bit to get my style ranking higher.

Railazel

Thumb is a finger, too. And whichever finger you use, that finger you tense up, causing at the same time other fingers possibly tensing, and then you have finger cramps all over the place.
The last time i looked, lock on was on a 'trigger' button (L1, R1 OR LB OR RB) (hence using fingers and getting cramps in them,). I use my thumbs for the main controls.
Lock-On is primarily L1, hence the frequent use of the left hand's index finger. If You were using your thumb to hold lock-on, how would You move the left thumb stick?

I understand that. I'm saying that you're supposed to work your thumbs more than your fingers. For the most part, holding one trigger button shouldn't give you finger cramps unless you were working that one finger to the bone, in which case, I would like to ask how hard were you holding that button?

The last time I heard of someone having finger cramps was with playing Guitar Hero and people would literally hammer on the buttons while holding them. The people who did not suffer so just simply pressed the buttons lightly.

That's a good point. The stances would have made it near impossible to have a lock on button. So it just boils down to wanting the stance system or lock-on.

I'd prefer the Lock- On system. I never really was a fan of HS' stance system.

The actual double tap move in Bayonetta was a stinger pretty much but wasn't really all that strong so i didnt use it much either but i did spam the forward back and vice versa move quite a bit. But my play style with Bayonetta is really different from how i play DMC games. I just try to kill stuff as fast as possible in Bayonetta and spam my fav moves but in DMC i try to switch it up a bit to get my style ranking higher.

I used to play them both the same; experimenting with moves and see what's the best and easiest way to kill something.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i think the lock on system is like that of batman arkham asylum. which is sensitve to where youre facing so you can alter targets with a twitch of the finger

Kammosjuttu

I understand that. I'm saying that you're supposed to work your thumbs more than your fingers. For the most part, holding one trigger button shouldn't give you finger cramps unless you were working that one finger to the bone, in which case, I would like to ask how hard were you holding that button?

The last time I heard of someone having finger cramps was with playing Guitar Hero and people would literally hammer on the buttons while holding them. The people who did not suffer so just simply pressed the buttons lightly.

I actually have a bit over-moving/slack joints, so I must tense my muscles and press hard to complete the task. So that gives me cramps and I've also suffered tendonitises (if that's the English word for it...) because of it. It sucks, but I still love videogames.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
My hands aren't very big and I'm not the gamer i was so cramp usually sets in pretty quick (especially pressing lock on in DMC3 on the 360)

Kammosjuttu

My hands aren't very big and I'm not the gamer i was so cramp usually sets in pretty quick (especially pressing lock on in DMC3 on the 360)

Oh yeah, small hands or short fingers are a problem. I don't have that problem myself with my long fingers, but I have a friend who has really hard time reaching all buttons on many controllers (not just PlayStation).

Railazel

I actually have a bit over-moving/slack joints, so I must tense my muscles and press hard to complete the task. So that gives me cramps and I've also suffered tendonitises (if that's the English word for it...) because of it. It sucks, but I still love videogames.

I salute you for your persistance, durabilitiy, and determination.

Maybe DmC could benefit by having you just press the trigger buttons instead of holding them.

Oh yeah, small hands or short fingers are a problem. I don't have that problem myself with my long fingers, but I have a friend who has really hard time reaching all buttons on many controllers (not just PlayStation).

Hmmm... You know, I made up a control scheme a good while ago that I knew resolved these issues.

Kammosjuttu

I salute you for your persistance, durabilitiy, and determination.

Maybe DmC could benefit by having you just press the trigger buttons instead of holding them.

Thanks. :) And you know, if the stances could be activated and kept on by just tapping the shoulder button instead of having to press it down, it would be perfect for me.

Railazel

Thanks. :) And you know, if the stances could be activated and kept on by just tapping the shoulder button instead of having to press it down, it would be perfect for me.

Here are two games you should play (one of which I assume you probably have):
Kingdom Hearts 2
Alter Echo

They may not have been the best Action games on the market, but they were perfect for me.

Kammosjuttu

Here are two games you should play (one of which I assume you probably have):
Kingdom Hearts 2
Alter Echo

They may not have been the best Action games on the market, but they were perfect for me.

Oh, yes, Kingdom Hearts 2 I own. It was a nice play. Alter Echo I don't know otherwise than by name (there are shamefully lot of games I don't know...), but I happily find new ones, so I could check out what kind of game that is and see if it is something that appeals to me. :)

Railazel

Oh, yes, Kingdom Hearts 2 I own. It was a nice play. Alter Echo I don't know (there are shamefully lot of games I don't know...), but I happily find new ones, so I could check out what kind of game that is and see if it is something that appeals to me. :)

You might need to get it from gamefly. Now, for the most part, it's all in your little thumbs. You cycle through modes and it has a combo- based system. The only button you have to hold is the block button but, if you're really good, you might not use it all that much (here's a tip/spoiler: Stealth Mode).

Agility

"Known"
But toggling between the stances may cause cramps, too, since the button must be pressed down all the time to keep it activated. At least for me Heavenly Sword did that, cramped my fingers I mean... >_< But yep, I hope DmC won't kill my fingers, or anyone else's.

Have you played any shooters lately?

Top Bottom