• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Live View Q&A with NT's Dom Matthews Tomorrow

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
So many questions about the hard-lock.

Is there anyone having a problem without the hard lock in the demo? like they cannot play the game without it because they cannot figure out how to use the auto lock? For me, i have no problem with it, i actually couldn't imagine this game needing it at all with the amount of weapon switching i'm doing. And for me, yes me again, the auto lock stays locked on until you tell it other wise. The only time it actually makes a mistake is when there are two enemies at the same distance away and i'll attack the one that i didn't think i was going to attack, but i had the same problem before when i would try to lock onto an enemy and i would lock onto the wrong one, and then i would have to switch... or i wouldn't even care and just attack whoever i locked on first

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
I over slept so I missed the Q&A session but it seems like I didn't miss much. Pretty much the expected norm by now. I suppose we'll never get past the 30fps, hard lock, and Dante's new look. Its far to late in the development process to even consider they'll change it. I'd like for them to change it IF they could (not a big deal for me) but nagging about it constantly isn't productive at all.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I over slept so I missed the Q&A session but it seems like I didn't miss much. Pretty much the expected norm by now. I suppose we'll never get past the 30fps, hard lock, and Dante's new look. Its far to late in the development process to even consider they'll change it. I'd like for them to change it IF they could (not a big deal for me) but nagging about it constantly isn't productive at all.
i have the same problems a small one but one that always naggs at me is why does new dante have a british flag on is sleeve besides the fact that NT is a british developer theres no reason for it to be there :I

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
i have the same problems a small one but one that always naggs at me is why does new dante have a british flag on is sleeve besides the fact that NT is a british developer theres no reason for it to be there :I

I'll admit, it is a bit narcissistic of Ninja Theory to brand Dante with British heritage on his trademark coat but then again, simply having a Union Jack patch on your clothes doesn't make you "British."

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I'll admit, it is a bit narcissistic of Ninja Theory to brand Dante with British heritage on his trademark coat but then again, simply having a Union Jack patch on your clothes doesn't make you "British."
it takes you out of the game (at least it does for me) and if its an alternate universe why is it in the game?

Grey-Frog

It makes me sad when someone explains what a Union Jack is and that it's more of a reference to Punk Rock than to Brittan... makes me feel old...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So many questions about the hard-lock.

Is there anyone having a problem without the hard lock in the demo? like they cannot play the game without it because they cannot figure out how to use the auto lock? For me, i have no problem with it, i actually couldn't imagine this game needing it at all with the amount of weapon switching i'm doing. And for me, yes me again, the auto lock stays locked on until you tell it other wise. The only time it actually makes a mistake is when there are two enemies at the same distance away and i'll attack the one that i didn't think i was going to attack, but i had the same problem before when i would try to lock onto an enemy and i would lock onto the wrong one, and then i would have to switch... or i wouldn't even care and just attack whoever i locked on first

I have nearly no problems with the lack of Hard Lock. As a true gamer, and I hate saying that, I adapt. I make sh*t work for me, instead of expecting everything to simply just. Different mechanics require you to tackle the game differently, and if people can't get the f*ck over the fact that this isn't the same DMC, that's their own goddamn fault. It's really absurd to see these high-level players seemingly brought down to a knee because they can't get over the lack of a Hard Lock system.

He explained that the Union Jack was a large part of the punk movement, which it was. The punk movement started in the UK, and it just sorta stuck as part of the punk style, sort of paying an homage to punk's roots. It's just part of the style, and happens to also count nicely as a nod to NT as a Cambridge developer. You want to see something extremely funny about that, though?

Here's Hideki Kamiya in his "rebellious youth." Notice the Union Jack on his glove...
tumblr_lez575uLrb1qzns78o1_500.jpg

And here's Kamiya more recently with a Union Jack skullcap...
kamiya.jpg

It really is just a style. The Union Jack is a flag, yes, but it's also a just a decent artistic design that gets used a lot. If there were any other flags that looked cool, there'd be designs of them too, but most flags are pretty gawdy or just plain boring...

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I have nearly no problems with the lack of Hard Lock. As a true gamer, and I hate saying that, I adapt. I make sh*t work for me, instead of expecting everything to simply just. Different mechanics require you to tackle the game differently, and if people can't get the f*ck over the fact that this isn't the same DMC, that's their own goddamn fault. It's really absurd to see these high-level players seemingly brought down to a knee because they can't get over the lack of a Hard Lock system.

He explained that the Union Jack was a large part of the punk movement, which it was. The punk movement started in the UK, and it just sorta stuck as part of the punk style, sort of paying an homage to punk's roots. It's just part of the style, and happens to also count nicely as a nod to NT as a Cambridge developer. You want to see something extremely funny about that, though?

Here's Hideki Kamiya in his "rebellious youth." Notice the Union Jack on his glove...

kamiya.jpg

It really is just a style. The Union Jack is a flag, yes, but it's also a just a decent artistic design that gets used a lot. If there were any other flags that looked cool, there'd be designs of them too, but most flags are pretty gawdy or just plain boring...
man Kamiya was pretty handsome back then i wouldn't mind so much if it was like what kamiya was wearing in the 2nd pic more grays and whites the one dante wears i can tell the colors in it which just makes me think of the flag...

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
He also said that there are more weapons to be unveiled....I hope he didn't mean Kablooey only xD

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The problem with certain PR is that oftentimes we end up knowing more ahead of the company's PR schedule, and they usually don't accommodate for the consumer's knowledge.

I remember when Duodecim was coming out, and there was the leak from TGS that Tifa was in the game, and we knew like...a month or so ahead of time. Literally the entire Dissidia community knew of Tifa's inclusion, but Square still played it like it was this big reveal. It was like knowing what you're getting for Christmas >_<

We need another sword :/ like the Force edge!!!
I think Rebellion is taking the place of the Force Edge, actually.

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
The problem with certain PR is that oftentimes we end up knowing more ahead of the company's PR schedule, and they usually don't accommodate for the consumer's knowledge.

I remember when Duodecim was coming out, and there was the leak from TGS that Tifa was in the game, and we knew like...a month or so ahead of time. Literally the entire Dissidia community knew of Tifa's inclusion, but Square still played it like it was this big reveal. It was like knowing what you're getting for Christmas >_<

I think Rebellion is taking the place of the Force Edge, actually.
Check Vergil's summoned swords....maybe a new sword ?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It may not be anything, and could just be a design they used exclusively for the summoned swords, so that they could keep them in :s

8BitHero

Scrub
That's Capcom in general. They made a big announcement at E3 2012 about the new characters for SFxT which we all knew were the disk locked characters 4 months before on E3 on the games launch.

Lovin' that Aquila weapon though!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's Capcom in general. They made a big announcement at E3 2012 about the new characters for SFxT which we all knew were the disk locked characters 4 months before on E3 on the games launch.

Lovin' that Aquila weapon though!

That is true. Companies are really stuck in their old ways, they need to get with the times, and be more aware of how easily it is for us to obtain information these days >.<

Grey-Frog

I actually have to disagree with you guys on that one. Fans like us are looking for as much information as we can get so we know all too well when things like Tifa or Auaila are coming. But for every one of us hanging on for every new tidbit we can find there's probably another hundred or more who are just casually interested in the game and find out these things for the first time in a trailer.

I'm sure we all can think of one or more games we're interested in getting right now that we don't keep full track of. I plan on getting Metal Gear Rising when it's released; everytime there's a new trailer it's news to me but was probably something MGR fans knew about so long ago that it bored them.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, I suppose it depends on the community, really. At least in Dissidia's and Tifa's case, that was pretty much everyone.

And with the rise in open communication, leaked info can get around a heck of a lot quicker, and to a wider audience, too.

Azurel

kamiya.jpg

When NT uses Union Jack: LOSERS.

When Hideki uses it while posing with his mom (who does that?): ZOMG! HE'S SO FRICKIN' AWESOME HAVE MY CHILDREN. DFJANHG;JANHG;JANFGJ;FSRNGA;OJNRGV;JSFDBNVSFD;JKVNBZFLJKVNFDS;V

Top Bottom