• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

List off 9 characters you can think of off the top of your head...

Elijah Guerrero

Different Alucard you are referring to, you can't really use that example for reboot Alucard when fans generally compare Dante to the original Alucard.

And if I'm hearing you correct you believe that Gabriel having his feats as as human somehow puts him above Dante?

Despite Dante being a powerful demon he is a VERY SKILLED with his fighting so there will be no Dracul/Gabriel out battling him here.

Dante is a highly skilled warrior as shown in the actual gameplay and custcenes of DMC, so just because Gabriel was a very skillful and resourceful vampire hunter in LOS1 and was given a big powerup post LOS doesn't mean we should automatically exclude Dante's apparent skills in favor of his own.

So in the end it would come down to purely who has the most power, and I'd Wager Dante has him beat in that respect DMC1 on up.

I'd say they would either come to a tie, (since Gabriel and Trevor can only die permanently by means of the Vampire Killer (Lords of Shadow version) and Dante can die from getting his head cut off, vaporised, explode from the inside out, etc...) or GDrac would posess the Demon Hunter and destroy him from the inside out.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I'd say they would either come to a tie, (since Gabriel and Trevor can only die permanently by means of the Vampire Killer (Lords of Shadow version) and Dante can die from getting his head cut off, vaporised, explode from the inside out, etc...) or GDrac would posess the Demon Hunter and destroy him from the inside out.
^This guy's got it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think it started because of RE6. Only Capcom could come up with transforming T-Rex as final boss

No, he's right. It was a blurry concept art shot of the Rage enemy. It was so pixelated people swore they saw a human face, and then 4chan ran with it like they did everything, making up yet another fake ending. I think that was like...the second of three or four endings they tried to pass off.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
wMCMJ.png

This .........doesn't look like T-Rex....So I still suspect it was made up on base of RE6 with it's T-Rex/Sabretooth/FlY boss

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, we all know it doesn't. THAT'S HOW BAD THE BULLSH!T SURROUNDING DmC WAS.

Keep in mind "T-Rex" was mostly a joke beyond that, but people claimed he became a dinosaur-like creature because of what looked like spines, claws, and a tail. Plus, the head looked vaguely human and looked like it had Vergil's hair. Plus, they b!tched about it being another retarded artistic decision on Ninja Theory's part, not any inspiration from something Capcom-related.

It wasn't because of RE6, dude, it was because of pure and utter inanity.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

To each their own I suppose.

But I still say that DMC1 Dante would win (barely), DMC4 Dante would win easily, and DMC2 Dante would wreck him.

Just my opinion.

But I'll give you that he would stomp DmC Dante as well as DMC3 Dante.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
To each their own I suppose.

But I still say that DMC1 Dante would win (barely), DMC4 Dante would win easily, and DMC2 Dante would wreck him.

Just my opinion.

But I'll give you that he would stomp DmC Dante as well as DMC3 Dante.
no DMC characters allowed;) Besides, DMC1 Dante is on DMC4 level by the end of DMC1.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
no DMC characters allowed;) Besides, DMC1 Dante is on DMC4 level by the end of DMC1.

You don't know that for sure.

Since its pretty apparent in the series that Dante gets more powerful with each game taking place in the canon and given his appearance in DMC4 it would seem pretty apparent that it took place a good amount of time after the DMC anime which itself took place after DMC1.

So by that logic Dante from DMC4 should be the stronger of the 2, not equal.

Then again this is just my opinion.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You don't know that for sure.

Since its pretty apparent in the series that Dante gets more powerful with each game taking place in the canon and given his appearance in DMC4 it would seem pretty apparent that it took place a good amount of time after the DMC anime which itself took place after DMC1.

So by that logic Dante from DMC4 should be the stronger of the 2, not equal.

Then again this is just my opinion.
I think DMC4 happens 1 or 3 years after DMC1

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, the anime takes place after DMC1, and he went about doing a bunch of fancy sh!t then too. Didn't seem to struggle a whole lot, either. So in the anime he's either already gotten to his DMC4 levels of "I'm just too powerful to take this seriously" or everything he went up against was a paraplegic baby in disguise.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Since we're talking about DmC Dante, Bayonetta would destroy him and so would the blonde girl.

Star killer might put up a good fight

Asura (never played it) But just the commercials pretty much tell you he's over powered

Lightning would destroy him too

and um... i can't think of anymore.. i lose :(

Last edited:

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Well, considering I've taken on all of BLU team, if I went against either Dante...
well let's just say.

DEVIL MAY FRY, BITCH!
ZXJPwF7.gif

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I think DMC4 happens 1 or 3 years after DMC1
I'd wager 3 given Dante's appearance.

And I doubt he was twiddling his thumbs during that time period which means he had to have gotten more powerful post DMC1.

Appearance? it takes me till 5pm to have a little stubble on my chin. And since Dante seemingly doesn't age (besides DmC Dante) for all we know, DMC Dante beat Mundus, went home, made an anime, and then continued right on into DMC4. Honestly, only a matter of months. DMC2 Dante on the other had probably went through something pretty eye opening or life changing cause he's completely different and can fly!!

Also, in the DMC universe Mundus on a boss character scale was and i think still is Dante's greatest feet. Something i think DMC never could trump. SO I would think after DMC1 Dante stayed around the same level....Until the DMC2(which makes no sense)

(but DmC did just fine with)

Sorry way off topic here

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Also, in the DMC universe Mundus on a boss character scale was and i think still is Dante's greatest feet. Something i think DMC never could trump. SO I would think after DMC1 Dante stayed around the same level....Until the DMC2(which makes no sense)
Now, the problem is we don't know how strong Despare trully was. Theoretically it should have been combined mass of demons Dante defeated turned into pure energy, so it's entirely possible that Despare actually more powerfull than Mundus.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well theres no telling how strong Dante is in DMC2 but we all know he is at his strongest. We just don't know how much more powerful he is compared to DMC4Dante. In any event, we are talking about DmCDante,at a very early stage

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well theres no telling how strong Dante is in DMC2 but we all know he is at his strongest. We just don't know how much more powerful he is compared to DMC4Dante. In any event, we are talking about DmCDante,at a very early stage
eh....What are you talking about...We didn't talked about DmC Dante to begin with. We were talking about how strong DMC2 to DMC4 and to DMC1, to be precise. Sorry, was looking other way when typing, so forgot what this thread about :p >_> What I meant, we know for sure DmC Dante didn't reached limit, but we know DMC1 Dante was really close to it when he defeated Mundus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom