• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

List off 9 characters you can think of off the top of your head...

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
That can beat DINO in a one-on-one fight without any biases set into place, utilizing actual in-game feats or the like....anyhow the rules are these: No characters from the original DMC series and they MUST be from a video game series, and one character per series. Without further ado:

1) Laharl (Disgaea)
2) Gig (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)
3) Overlord Zetta (Makai Kingdom)
4) Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep)
5) Exdeath (Final Fantasy V)
6) The Avatar (Ultima Series)
7) Relius Clover (BlazBlue Series)
8) Thanatos (God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
9) Jedah Dohma (Darkstalkers)

and....well ya stuff.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Anyone can beat new Dante just like anyone can beat classic Dante.

But if you ask me, there's only one person I can think of that can solo both with no sweat.

<This guy in my avatar.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
images

Sunaka Marién

I don't really see why we'd discuss video game characters that are able to defeat a dino in the DmC section of the forum but 'k, why not? Let's see...

I'm pretty sure that DmCDante could beat a dinosaur, I mean, if he can beat demons that have magic abilites and regeneration and stuff, he's sure be able to even beat up a tyrannosaurus rex.

I guess Alex Mercer from [PROTOTYPE] would also stand a chance against those prehistoric creatures.

Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil would do just fine aswell I think. I mean, he survived multiple zombie apocalypses, so he should be able to deal with Jurassic Park aswell.

Also only three characters cuz I'm lazy and 3 is the square-root of 9 so, that's basically the same thing, right?
Anyone can beat new Dante just like anyone can beat classic Dante.
Dragon you misread, we're discussing dinosaurs here! ;P

For the record, I am well aware that DINO is just a very childish way of refering to DmCDante, but since these kinda discussions are pretty much just opinion based anyway, I figured I could go about it in a more light-hearted way for once~

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm pretty sure that DmCDante could beat a dinosaur, I mean, if he can beat demons that have magic abilites and regeneration and stuff, he's sure be able to even beat up a tyrannosaurus rex.

Oh man, remember that "leaked ending" where everyone was saying Vergil transformed into a T-Rex? "Vergilsaurus Rex. Man, I wish I could find that one picture someone made of a T-Rex wearing is hat and holding the Yamato in his tiny arm >.<

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Hmm...
A character who can defeat Dinos...
He can't be from DMC...
He has to be from another game series...
...well, ****. Only one thing comes to mind.
600full-star-fox-adventures-cover.jpg

Meg

Hmm.....Dante would be a hard guy to beat. I think Cole from Infamous would stand a good chance, assuming there was plenty of street lamps and such around. And probably the main character from Dark Souls because it wouldn't matter how many times Dante killed them, they'd just come back.

But the surest bet is definitely Kirby.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
....I think this topic belongs to general DMC discussion....but ok...ummm....
Asura (Asura's Wrath)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Hazama (BB)
Alucard (Castlevania)
Ryu (NG)

That's it.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-dracula.jpg

CLoS2-DLC_03-20-14.jpg

I'd say these two guys could beat both Classic and Reboot Dante and Vergil

I'm a big castlevania fan, but I doubt either of them could beat classic Dante at his strongest.

Gabriel/Dracul may be able to put up a fight against Sparda form Dante from DMC but even then I'd wager he would lose in the end, and I highly doubt he could beat Dante from DMC2 which is Dante even more powerful.

Just compare the battle between Dante and Mundus to the battle between Gabriel and Satan from LOS1 or LOS2 and its seems obvious to me which battle was on the grander scale as far as power goes.

And as much as I like Alucard he would be a non factor against any Dante post DMC1 in my opinion, maybe he would be able to defeat DMC3 and DmC Dante but thats about it.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Just compare the battle between Dante and Mundus to the battle between Gabriel and Satan from LOS1 or LOS2 and its seems obvious to me which battle was on the grander scale as far as power goes.
The difference, is that Dracula defeated Satan twice. Once as a human, and a second time as a Lord of Shadow, a state he retains at the end of the game.

Not to mention that Gabriel had to fight all three of the original Lords of Shadow and Satan with only his human strength and resourceful thinking. Dante, as much as I hate to say it, has almost always relied on his supernatural powers to devastate whatever foe he's fighting...that's it. He never pulled his way out of a battle by his teeth, or conceived some elaborate battle strategy to defeat his enemies at his weakest hour. He's always relied on his own inivincibility and strength rather than intuitive strategy or endurance.

Gabriel did all of that as a mere human, and then kept all that experience as a warrior when he became the supernatural, undead behemoth of nightmarish power as Dracula. In essence, he has just as much power as Dante...but has all the experience as he garnered as a longtime warrior, thus outclassing Dante's way of thinking.

Besides, if Alucard---the character many fans of both franchises consider to be Dante's Castlevanian Equal in strength and finesse----couldn't even defeat Dracula, what makes you think Dante can?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Besides, if Alucard---the character many fans of both franchises consider to be Dante's Castlevanian Equal in strength and finesse----couldn't even defeat Dracula, what makes you think Dante can?

Different Alucard you are referring to, you can't really use that example for reboot Alucard when fans generally compare Dante to the original Alucard.

And if I'm hearing you correct you believe that Gabriel having his feats as as human somehow puts him above Dante?

Despite Dante being a powerful demon he is a VERY SKILLED with his fighting so there will be no Dracul/Gabriel out battling him here.

Dante is a highly skilled warrior as shown in the actual gameplay and custcenes of DMC, so just because Gabriel was a very skillful and resourceful vampire hunter in LOS1 and was given a big powerup post LOS doesn't mean we should automatically exclude Dante's apparent skills in favor of his own.

So in the end it would come down to purely who has the most power, and I'd Wager Dante has him beat in that respect DMC1 on up.

Exejpgwmv

Oh man, remember that "leaked ending" where everyone was saying Vergil transformed into a T-Rex? "Vergilsaurus Rex. Man, I wish I could find that one picture someone made of a T-Rex wearing is hat and holding the Yamato in his tiny arm >.<
I think that rumor started from a leaked picture of a blue-ish Rage.

Top Bottom