• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Limbo and the real world

seraphmaycry

You could connect anything from pharmaceutical companies and their drugs to weapons manufacture. Those sort of things would be pretty scary in demon hands. Bad enough as it is in human hands.

perhaps it's worse, perhaps humans creating biased and unfair social stereotypes, i'd take medicines that make me a sociopath over a social wide infection that completely screws over many people from birth for being female, have a poor family, live in a discriminated against areal, etc.

and that's what DmC is all about, a world poisoned by "demons" which Christianity associated with the seven sins that were faults with humanity itself, creating a pretentious and overused "humans are the real demons" story.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
It can happen anywhere.

Why Dante in the DMC Anime said that even humans are just as worse as demons.

Who knows? Maybe inside some of us there are demons lurking within us...

But I fear that, based on the "Humans are the Real Monsters" trope, humans might become the real demons...!

seraphmaycry

It can happen anywhere.

Why Dante in the DMC Anime said that even humans are just as worse as demons.

Who knows? Maybe inside some of us there are demons lurking within us...

But I fear that, based on the "Humans are the Real Monsters" trope, humans might become the real demons...!

technology is advancing in all areas, and i don't think given a race who argues about what is right for the sake of their egos should be in control.

overpopulation is a massive issue, yet i am yet to meet a single person not agreeing with how reckless and irresponsible, creating more lives is in a world where we have so many it's too much to be able to handle on a practical level, everything thinks creating mini versions of themselves is somehow a good thing when it's clearly not.

sometimes i want to be more robot then human, operated and controlled by logic, no ego or emotions controlling me, i don't see how humanity can be called a good thing when we've created so may problems for myself.

"oh, but look, all the wonderful things humans have!"

guess what, creating more people is contributing to overpopulation, which is contributing to the chance of those things not existing in the future.

ugh, maybe i'm an unhappy piece of **** that unfairly judges humanity with a laughable level of bias, still, being a robot does sound nicer then being a human.

MigsRZXAStylish

technology is advancing in all areas, and i don't think given a race who argues about what is right for the sake of their egos should be in control.

overpopulation is a massive issue, yet i am yet to meet a single person not agreeing with how reckless and irresponsible, creating more lives is in a world where we have so many it's too much to be able to handle on a practical level, everything thinks creating mini versions of themselves is somehow a good thing when it's clearly not.

sometimes i want to be more robot then human, operated and controlled by logic, no ego or emotions controlling me, i don't see how humanity can be called a good thing when we've created so may problems for myself.

"oh, but look, all the wonderful things humans have!"

guess what, creating more people is contributing to overpopulation, which is contributing to the chance of those things not existing in the future.

ugh, maybe i'm an unhappy piece of **** that unfairly judges humanity with a laughable level of bias, still, being a robot does sound nicer then being a human.
And I am starting to become an existential nihilist - one who believes that all of humanity are nothing but insignificant beings...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Expressing the reality of what is going on does not mean you are an unhappy piece of ****. You're a realist.

In this society, when people see through all the celebrity worship, consumerism and shallowness, they're labelled 'hater' or 'negative' just to try and get them back in line with the rest of the people who go through life kidding themselves that everything is fine.

Like DmC, when they're labelled terrorists and other prejoratives just for seeing the corrupt reality.

Besides, how else would people keep on breeding the next generation of taxpayers and future war cannon fodder if society didn't kid them into it with images of children being the future and nothing else is more rewarding.

Keep breeding like that and there will be no future worth giving to the next generation.

And I am starting to become an existential nihilist - one who believes that all of humanity are nothing but insignificant beings...
On the scale of things, we are insignificant. Just a bunch of apes with technology, perpetuating misery from generation to generation.

seraphmaycry

look at the scale of the universe, hard to think otherwise, people seem to think that humanity is a special and rare thing that is just so amazing.
Expressing the reality of what is going on does not mean you are an unhappy piece of ****. You're a realist.

In this society, when people see through all the celebrity worship, consumerism and shallowness, they're labelled 'hater' or 'negative' just to try and get them back in line with the rest of the people who go through life kidding themselves that everything is fine.

Like DmC, when they're labelled terrorists and other prejoratives just for seeing the corrupt reality.

Besides, how else would people keep on breeding the next generation of taxpayers and future war cannon fodder if society didn't kid them into it with images of children being the future and nothing else is more rewarding.

Keep breeding like that and there will be no future worth giving to the next generation.

On the scale of things, we are insignificant. Just a bunch of apes with technology, perpetuating misery from generation to generation.

i always though i was just depressed or something because that's all i hear, despite the fact i am raising actual points that have become a serious issue.

i agree, so much breeding , and china tries to make two kids per family work, they know they can't control people enough to make them stop, i mean why can't they go over seas, why can't they do it anyway, what if they have divorced from someone and left them with two kids while they make their own, then that one person would make 3, and that other person would make 2, 3 + 2 = increase, thankfully i heard the statistics for birth rates are going down worldwide greatly.

even then though, human nature is rooted to want to expand and grow itself, "you can't fight nature, jack"

sorry for the lame reference, on another note, people are spreading this meme, or maybe it's always existed, but people seem to think in a way they can live through their kids after death, Dante is caught beneath his fathers looming shadow, yet that does not mean sparda is alive, no question.

why would you even want to be able to live on,anyway?

if you could do that, then everyone would live forever, and go through bad times like puberty an infinite number of time, society would be changed for the worse, with children being the ultimate reward, so people can keep earning that same reward, it's so paradoxical, what's the point of living through your kids if they only go on to have children themselves? you'd do nothing with your life then have sex, although i bet some people already do this, i'd just straight up call eternity of an endless and pointless cycle a new form of torture, it'd be dark souls 2, only with everyone and no actual defined goal to make sense of it(little sense as it makes)

A bunch of monkeys with technology seems about right, landing on the moon does not mean humanity is awesome or imperative to the future of the universe as a whole.

i'm not much of a social person, i say i have avoidant personality disorder or depression or both, but i think the lyrics for throat full of glass fits the scenario better, i'm disgusted by humans on the whole and am to oppressed to speak up within everyday life.

one of my "friends" once had the guts to ask me "why are you so negative?"

he wouldn't take "because that's how i honestly see the world as a whole" for an answer.

i think little pockets online of people more accepting of any negative attitude is the only social scenario where i truly feel accepted, outside of these, i'm a untidy teen who doesn't bother socializing or look friendly because, hey, i'm clearly clinically depressed for having complaints and an opinion.

it's so simpleminded saying you "non-conformist" and then throwing away the views of people like me, non-conformists know that having the popularity of a view is irrelevant to it's validity.

few people can help because few people want to see beyond "must make baby, must get good grades so i can buy whatever without questioning if it's something i'd really want if i was less well off and if it will indeed satisfy me at all"

i don't see a future where i socialize at all, it's toounlikely i'll meet people in real life who i can talk to about this stuff.

well, not without being recommended for therapy anyway, which of course i'm considering, anything that will make idiots shut up and continue their day.

i wish there was something i could do, but how do you prevent an entire world from breeding? or taking resources at an unsustainable level? or indeed, cure the horrible way of thinking humans have.

even worse, from the moment somebody is born, they have obligations, can't kill yourself because you're parents worked hard and that would be selfish, can't skip schoolcos' how will you get a job?

no choice, the worst is being unable to do something, i can accept fault on mine own part, knowing i can't change the mind of humanity as a whole, well, i still try on occasion, occasional satire didn't solve anything, now will constant satire make people go "this piece of harry potter fanfiction with a lazy name swap really does suck!"

why do the people trying to say "you guys, something is seriously wrong!" get outcast?

people are intolerant of homosexuals even the only way it can affect them is if they "steal" somebody they are not in a relationship with (a laughable idea as it is) and that has nothing to do with sexual preferences.

and yet, blah, blah, blah from all directions.

why do things like Australia day exist, can we call it "extra patriotic day" and stop joking around?

also, sidenote, apologies, i type words wrong sometimes (and write them to!) up above, for example, i meant to say "ourselves" instead of "myself"

i guess i need a mental filter for what thoughts i record that does not have occasional holes in it that let random thoughts and words that are related in some way spill over.

i don't even see what love is worth, again, negative depressed no lifer, yes, yes, but it does a lot of bad things, if i remember correctly, it, for example, impairs judgement, not that mainstream media acknowledges any of that.

even worse about humanity is how we actually created an entire genre to deny ourt own faults, horror, vampires deny our racism to other social groups and people joining them, because of course they are satanic and unwholly, the symbol of jesus worked against dracula, demons represent faults with humanity identified as the seven sins that exist today, gluttony, floth, wrath, pride, envy, greed, lust, also known as:

eating disorders and unhealthy standards within western society, generalized laziness, irrational anger, the ego, think of that time you were playing a loot based game and your friend stole that rare loot you earned you were angry he took your stuff that you earned and he had no right to and he was just being selfish and pathetic (if this hasn't happened because you either don't play those sorts of games, share the workload in all scenarios, or have an actual friend that considers you, imagine something else) , taking things in excess, extreme desire for anything such as farming for legendary loot in a video game.

these issues still exist in some form in today's society, dispute how shockingly old they are, and the same was done for them, any lust was blamed upon succubi, for example.

alien movies work off guilt of having snuck up the food chain and having nothing to put us in our place, or for the seires named aliens, extremely subtle rape fear that suggests all rapists are non-human (that's what happens in the film, right? i only know the film from an online article that pointed out how cleverly subtle the writers were)

ugh, yes, i mentioned religion up above, tell me how stupid i am for not being atheist, modern world (i am, but the average human brain only cares i mentioned such a thing, context and reasons mean nothing)

also, loopy, you're quite a cool person to not be flingin" NEGATIVE, WTF!? HUMANS ARE THE DA AWESOME!" at me

i understand valid reasoning can be made against all of made my points though, i just don't see "you depressed, boy!" as one of them

MigsRZXAStylish

Is it your Internet connection? That sometimes happens. You'd best delete them.

And yes, it is too hard to think otherwise on what humanity has been going to as of late...

seraphmaycry

Is it your Internet connection? That sometimes happens. You'd best delete them.

And yes, it is too hard to think otherwise on what humanity has been going to as of late...

forgot that, thx.

i think it's humanity in general, i see great fault in something evolutionary prepared to procreate and then die, so you child does the same, so does theirs, so does theirs........

MigsRZXAStylish

forgot that, thx.

i think it's humanity in general, i see great fault in something evolutionary prepared to procreate and then die, so you child does the same, so does theirs, so does theirs........
There was an essay I read in that same title. I couldn't read the rest as I need a premium subscription in that stufy site. One day, through our need to compete, our greed, our other needs... Humans will eventually become the real monsters...
Talking about this really makes me lose my faith in humanity...!

seraphmaycry

Call me an optimist, but I believe that happiness could be well within our grasp.

But nothing is given to you; you have to take it.

i doubt a good enough number of humanity is capable of such a thing.

or at least will.
There was an essay I read in that same title. I couldn't read the rest as I need a premium subscription in that stufy site. One day, through our need to compete, our greed, our other needs... Humans will eventually become the real monsters...
Talking about this really makes me lose my faith in humanity...!

greed, hmph, and people mock religion, and go all crazy for that $, it's stupid to the point of expository satire.

that aside, i think we're already there, and people are the only ones who cans top it, i'm done wasting my life, if i have to do something with, then improving one is a fair trade, improving the world of modern society is what i want to do.

MigsRZXAStylish

i doubt a good enough number of humanity is capable of such a thing.

or at least will.

greed, hmph, and people mock religion, and go all crazy for that $, it's stupid to the point of expository satire.

that aside, i think we're already there, and people are the only ones who cans top it, i'm done wasting my life, if i have to do something with, then improving one is a fair trade, improving the world of modern society is what i want to do.
Humans really need to improve. We have to prove that humans have indeed evolved!

seraphmaycry

i think the problem with humans is that we did a complete 360 on evolution once we started inventing, our brains higher order processes became to good for the lower order processes.

humans, regardless of whether evolution is a real thing that actually happened or no, are a species a massive number of science studies have shown are born for the purpose of procreating and dying, think of idk, some hot video game, comic book, tc show, movie, anime, crappy fanfiction pulled out of the ass of retarded writers who think way to highly of themselves to be deserving of the capability to create anything, these all do a good job of creating something considered sexy, denying it is just ridiculous, you should now be thinking about sex even if you were just thinking about something unrelated (like what type of peanut butter tastes better) now think about the scariest thing you possibly can, preferably from the same list as of the first category, you know have humanity in a nutshell!

that is what our mind wants, to procreate and die infinitely, in an endless cycle, forever.

you should in fact, be finding this a stupid statement, as it's just so obvious, if you don't then okay.... well, i promise not to attack you for it (but somebody reading a thread like this shouldn't be THAT deluded)

then you had somebody go "yeah that stuff is nice and all, but... I HAVE A LASER (or fire, or guns, or whatever new tech is out, you get the idea)"

and then boom, you have the stupid monkey brain saying "me want sex, me want child" and the little kid part yelling "LASERS" and the adult part considering the meaning of life, creating books and movies, etc etc, all that typical stuff.

see, here's the thing, none of these work with each other.

and the "procreate, die." part of the brain is so focused on this one goal it makes stupid attempts at attracting attention from people so someone thinks "hey, i know that guy!"

and then you have the ultimate fool part of the brain, wanting to look better then others, and thus, more attractive, i'd say "fine humans are stupid for sex, but i can live with it" if it wasn't for this, this mechanism is what drives stupidly biased things like sharp katana wielded by a pro versus improperly wielded broadsword that has been obviously dulled.
THIS is why humanity is doomed (among other things) humans so badly want to support what they think is right, because, if it is right, then they are awesome and winner gets best baby making biological material.

ugh, and the hypocrisy.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
i agree, so much breeding , and china tries to make two kids per family work, they know they can't control people enough to make them stop, i mean why can't they go over seas, why can't they do it anyway, what if they have divorced from someone and left them with two kids while they make their own, then that one person would make 3, and that other person would make 2, 3 + 2 = increase, thankfully i heard the statistics for birth rates are going down worldwide greatly.
It's all well and good having children, but the people who have them need to think about the consequences for themselves and the person they are creating who has not asked to be born. What kind of life will these children have? Can they be provided for? Can they afford children? Are there any abnormalities they could inherit?

Otherwise, it's just breeding poverty and misery, or children who are average at best, or at worst, won't ever hold down a job or fit in with society and could require full time care.

Something else as well. Do adults actually remember their time at school and the reality of growing up? Sometimes, it's horrible being at school. What if the child is bullied? What if they don't fit in? What if they don't get into any sport teams, academic clubs or fail their exams?
And yet, they want to put their children through the same thing.
School is basically a prison where they indoctrinate you, push you to get high grades, and you're kept in line by your own peers which creates conformity and obedience.

Heck, aside from being pushed to get A* grades because A was coasting for me, I had a good time at school in comparison. I have become friends with people who absolutely hated their school years and even thought of ending it because it was so bad.

if you could do that, then everyone would live forever, and go through bad times like puberty an infinite number of time, society would be changed for the worse, with children being the ultimate reward, so people can keep earning that same reward, it's so paradoxical, what's the point of living through your kids if they only go on to have children themselves? you'd do nothing with your life then have sex, although i bet some people already do this, i'd just straight up call eternity of an endless and pointless cycle a new form of torture, it'd be dark souls 2, only with everyone and no actual defined goal to make sense of it(little sense as it makes)
If everyone could be immortal, I think people would still have children as a form of killing time, something to do to keep the game of life fresh and interesting.
However, I think there would be a rise in suicides. Who would want to be immortal? It seems more like a curse. One would be able to see everything and do everything as many times as one wished. The newness would grown old soon, boredom sets in...it's like The Vampire Chronicles novels. The characters in those get bored of being alive for centuries, so they end it all, but not before passing on the curse to someone new. In that way, they're a little like real life people.
People suddenly recognise their mortality and want to leave something behind. Best way to do that, have a child.

one of my "friends" once had the guts to ask me "why are you so negative?"

he wouldn't take "because that's how i honestly see the world as a whole" for an answer.
It's not negativity. Saying someone is negative is a kneejerk response because they don't want to think about it themselves. They just can't handle the reality of just how bad the world can be. If everyone was a realist, would the human race continue to breed at the levels it does? Unlikely.

i think little pockets online of people more accepting of any negative attitude is the only social scenario where i truly feel accepted, outside of these, i'm a untidy teen who doesn't bother socializing or look friendly because, hey, i'm clearly clinically depressed for having complaints and an opinion.

it's so simpleminded saying you "non-conformist" and then throwing away the views of people like me, non-conformists know that having the popularity of a view is irrelevant to it's validity.
Try wanting a show called Daria. It's about a high school girl who is perceived as negative because she sees the world for what it is. It's a pretty insightful and shows that just because someone is a realist, doesn't mean they are an antisocial or negative person ready to off themselves.

few people can help because few people want to see beyond "must make baby, must get good grades so i can buy whatever without questioning if it's something i'd really want if i was less well off and if it will indeed satisfy me at all"
Since humans got here, we've needed to feel fulfilled, whether it is a car, computer or a baby. It's something to do to feel good until that feeling wears off and we're looking for the next thing to make us happy.
Aside from that, some people don't even think when it comes to having babies. It's more like 'oops' and then they have to make the best of the situation.
It's better to plan, be financially secure, have a good job, and live in a nice area, if people are going to have children. But the reality is just not like that for a lot of people. It's not their fault, but their children will be disadvantaged and then it sets another generation up for poverty and failure.

i don't see a future where i socialize at all, it's toounlikely i'll meet people in real life who i can talk to about this stuff.

well, not without being recommended for therapy anyway, which of course i'm considering, anything that will make idiots shut up and continue their day.
Just put yourself out there a little and you might be surprised. Just because you're talking with people doesn't mean you have to compromise your views. Participating in the world a little doesn't mean you stop seeing it for what it is.

I'm never having children, but I have very close friends who are parents. I like helping them out, taking them out for tea when they're feeling down, buying those weird dolls for their children, or babysitting.
I may not want, or even agree with having children, but I'm not going to dump all over my friends for doing it.

i wish there was something i could do, but how do you prevent an entire world from breeding? or taking resources at an unsustainable level? or indeed, cure the horrible way of thinking humans have.

even worse, from the moment somebody is born, they have obligations, can't kill yourself because you're parents worked hard and that would be selfish, can't skip schoolcos' how will you get a job?
Best thing to do is not worry yourself. You can't stop people from doing something that biological imperative or social conditioning tells them to do. Eventually, population growth will sort itself out with more famine, wars, shortage of resources and natural disasters.

True enough, society is constructed so that people conform. Best to make the most of the situation, use the system, and do well, make money and use that money as a tool to do anything. More money= more options, better education and more success.

I would also argue that suicide is the only thing people truly do for themselves. Also, how is it selfish returning the 'gift of life' if it is a gift that someone never asked for? You can return birthday presents to the store, life is similar, it just has consequences; one's that won't be seen because the person will be dead, and, as such, won't have to worry about it.

these issues still exist in some form in today's society, dispute how shockingly old they are, and the same was done for them, any lust was blamed upon succubi, for example.
That's how it is. Something goes wrong, do something wrong, and then don't take accountability. Can't get a job? Well, it must be the filthy immigrant's fault.:facepalm: Don't do well in school, blame the teacher instead of their own inability to learn or try.
It's a blame culture.

ugh, yes, i mentioned religion up above, tell me how stupid i am for not being atheist, modern world (i am, but the average human brain only cares i mentioned such a thing, context and reasons mean nothing)
People believe what they want. It's a way to explain things we don't understand. There's a lot of good religion can do, but also a lot of evil. It's a double edged sword depending on who wields it.

also, loopy, you're quite a cool person to not be flingin" NEGATIVE, WTF!? HUMANS ARE THE DA AWESOME!" at me

i understand valid reasoning can be made against all of made my points though, i just don't see "you depressed, boy!" as one of them
I just don't think you're negative. You think about what's going on, you see all the injustice and social ills, but you don't have a way to change it. And that's ok. You don't need to make huge changes. Get out there a little bit, and make some small changes instead. That's what I do. I volunteer at a special needs respite school and teaching assist at a regular mainstream school in between lectures.
Instead of worrying about overpopulation and the potential selfishness of having children, I help the ones already here instead of having my own. It's the best way for me to reconcile my personal beliefs and try to make a small difference in this pretty messed up world.

seraphmaycry

It's all well and good having children, but the people who have them need to think about the consequences for themselves and the person they are creating who has not asked to be born. What kind of life will these children have? Can they be provided for? Can they afford children? Are there any abnormalities they could inherit?

exactly!

Otherwise, it's just breeding poverty and misery, or children who are average at best, or at worst, won't ever hold down a job or fit in with society and could require full time care.

agreed, again, mental handicaps are something many don't consider.

Something else as well. Do adults actually remember their time at school and the reality of growing up? Sometimes, it's horrible being at school. What if the child is bullied? What if they don't fit in? What if they don't get into any sport teams, academic clubs or fail their exams?
And yet, they want to put their children through the same thing.
School is basically a prison where they indoctrinate you, push you to get high grades, and you're kept in line by your own peers which creates conformity and obedience.

many say that high school is the best years of your life, because no responsibilities? yes, no responsibilities to do school work.

Heck, aside from being pushed to get A* grades because A was coasting for me, I had a good time at school in comparison. I have become friends with people who absolutely hated their school years and even thought of ending it because it was so bad.

wish i could find someone who agrees with me in the "real world" (because the internet is fictional) but, not really gonna happen some time soon if the entire western world is literally ruled by idiots spouting, lazy jokes, rage against other peoples views etc, ugh.

If everyone could be immortal, I think people would still have children as a form of killing time, something to do to keep the game of life fresh and interesting.
However, I think there would be a rise in suicides. Who would want to be immortal? It seems more like a curse. One would be able to see everything and do everything as many times as one wished. The newness would grown old soon, boredom sets in...it's like The Vampire Chronicles novels. The characters in those get bored of being alive for centuries, so they end it all, but not before passing on the curse to someone new. In that way, they're a little like real life people.
People suddenly recognise their mortality and want to leave something behind. Best way to do that, have a child.

I reckon there would be a rise in suicide, children may become a form of entertainment, i'm nt sure on that.

vampire chronicles sums it up (even though i've never heard of it)

It's not negativity. Saying someone is negative is a kneejerk response because they don't want to think about it themselves. They just can't handle the reality of just how bad the world can be. If everyone was a realist, would the human race continue to breed at the levels it does? Unlikely.

i'm not going to see everyone is deluded, just a good majority.

Try wanting a show called Daria. It's about a high school girl who is perceived as negative because she sees the world for what it is. It's a pretty insightful and shows that just because someone is a realist, doesn't mean they are an antisocial or negative person ready to off themselves.

sounds interesting, going to watch it tomorro.

Since humans got here, we've needed to feel fulfilled, whether it is a car, computer or a baby. It's something to do to feel good until that feeling wears off and we're looking for the next thing to make us happy.
Aside from that, some people don't even think when it comes to having babies. It's more like 'oops' and then they have to make the best of the situation.
It's better to plan, be financially secure, have a good job, and live in a nice area, if people are going to have children. But the reality is just not like that for a lot of people. It's not their fault, but their children will be disadvantaged and then it sets another generation up for poverty and failure.

yeah, nobody wants meaning, distractions seem to be the goal, can we return to religion? at least people won't go after money.

i can see a baby being an accident,accidents happen, but i can't agree with mindless breeding just because people think they should without considering anything in advance in advance.

yeah, money is oxygen, children need it as much as you though and can't magically pull it out of ahat because somebody loves them.

Just put yourself out there a little and you might be surprised. Just because you're talking with people doesn't mean you have to compromise your views. Participating in the world a little doesn't mean you stop seeing it for what it is.

maybe, i just always get annoyed at people saying "pfft, get over it." and look for a chance to escape

I'm never having children, but I have very close friends who are parents. I like helping them out, taking them out for tea when they're feeling down, buying those weird dolls for their children, or babysitting.
I may not want, or even agree with having children, but I'm not going to dump all over my friends for doing it.

nor should anyone, i don't like how shopping can suck up time with the infinite black hole of attention catching, time wasting nonsense, I've already hit the point where i don't want to go shopping for anything other then basic needs stuff, like food, and maybe the occasional luxury if i really want whatever is considered "cool"i don't like how my parents drag a tiny little trip into a waste of a quarter of my day, but no way am i going to threaten the companies who advertise.

Best thing to do is not worry yourself. You can't stop people from doing something that biological imperative or social conditioning tells them to do. Eventually, population growth will sort itself out with more famine, wars, shortage of resources and natural disasters.

i think the birth rate will be less then the death rate in the future, if i remember correctly, the population will peak and boom, no more of that.

True enough, society is constructed so that people conform. Best to make the most of the situation, use the system, and do well, make money and use that money as a tool to do anything. More money= more options, better education and more success.
that's true, but i can't remember i spent the last time playing a video game and buying a better weapon or cooler looking character or whatever every 5 seconds and thinking "this is fun" there is a limit to how much money is actually helpful, if my experience with gaming is anything to go by, the point of having more money then is helpful i guess would be donating that extra amount to something.

I would also argue that suicide is the only thing people truly do for themselves. Also, how is it selfish returning the 'gift of life' if it is a gift that someone never asked for? You can return birthday presents to the store, life is similar, it just has consequences; one's that won't be seen because the person will be dead, and, as such, won't have to worry about it.

Prometheus brought fire to man, or so the story goes, and now we have pyromaniacs who just looove to burn stuff, great job Prometheus, not that you got a fair punishment.

That's how it is. Something goes wrong, do something wrong, and then don't take accountability. Can't get a job? Well, it must be the filthy immigrant's fault.:facepalm: Don't do well in school, blame the teacher instead of their own inability to learn or try.
It's a blame culture.

ugh, yes, i'm sadly guilty of this, thankfully i don't see myself doing it as much as some others, doesn't make it right, of course, makes me comparatively better to my "friend" (who i simply had enough of earlier today and tried to break contact in a way that i won't get attacked for) who said that asians are taking over and trying to steal our jobs, i said it before, but the level of stupidity in this doesn't even belong on youtube, in order for this to work the guys ruling big companies with all the hot jobs would have to be asian or asian-allied, to get to top of big companies themselves, well they can't have had asians controlling things from the start because that's ridiculous and jobs were invented before asians started visiting in such large numbers. at the core, for this insane claim to work, they asians would have to had get a job by being more qualified to a degree that even overcomes bias and racism, it's essentially our own fault, we are part of the culture and our people favor us over immigrants, and yet the immigrants kicked our asses even though we had an advantage, unless of course this **** isn't actually happening, either way, it's a horrible statement to make.

i don't think everyone follows the blame, i mean, i blamed my teacher for a poor result in a recent science test because i somehow got the wrong meaning of something important for the entire thing, apparently atomic weight and mass don't work that way, i knew that it was my own fault for not noting ti down when it was mentioned.

People believe what they want. It's a way to explain things we don't understand. There's a lot of good religion can do, but also a lot of evil. It's a double edged sword depending on who wields it.

i don't follow religion, because, even though the idea of some guy who has enough time to care for 7 billion people sound insane and impossible, the core of religion is what i don't like, afterlife isn't something i want, if i die, can i please not have a consciousness? and it spurs this awful, awful, behavior, one of the seven sins of Christianity is gluttony, great, let's see how that works out in the modern world, especially in america! an idiot who takes for meaning fat has something to complain about america, and someone who knows it means consumption to he point of waste will point
fingers at society (can't fix that spacing for some reason)

I just don't think you're negative. You think about what's going on, you see all the injustice and social ills, but you don't have a way to change it. And that's ok. You don't need to make huge changes. Get out there a little bit, and make some small changes instead. That's what I do. I volunteer at a special needs respite school and teaching assist at a regular mainstream school in between lectures.
Instead of worrying about overpopulation and the potential selfishness of having children, I help the ones already here instead of having my own. It's the best way for me to reconcile my personal beliefs and try to make a small difference in this pretty messed up world.

side note: my response is in the quote box, i doubt this is necessary.

i want to make a change, at least little, i want to do therapy as a job because helping people over things like depression sounds very appealing, i may not because the pay seems to be around 31 dollars an hour here, and necessity always comes first. stupid modern world.

i actually recently noticed a girl at my school who seems to be trying to help change things as well, i like the possibilities of how it could turn out, so i have found one nice person i can interact with in a form other then simple text on a digital screen, now i just have to kick myself hard enough to not waste the chance of knowing somebody who may make for the best friend i have seen, doubting she cares about some random weirdo, but whatever, better then spending my life around the people i consider normal, but have generally accepted to be pretty bad a long time ago.

apologies again for some grammar errors, i always miss words on jump letters around the place when i'm writing or typing, too tired to fix right now.

i think that concludes today's rant, tune in tomorrow for more whining!

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I actually believe that there's hope though... how I myself believe this, though, well -- you wouldn't believe me if I told you, so I'll leave it be.

And no, it has nothing to do with religious rigmarole.

Last edited:

seraphmaycry

soooo, i got around to having a look at daria, the protagonists monotone is extremely off-putting, but it demonstrates how i feel at times, "shut up, don't care!" i already feel connected to some random character, i think it seems a bit to obvious at times though, that may be because cartoons are just a mental off switch since i can't even remember watching an interesting one.

i like it, but i don't think I'd stay interested for more then a bit, i may have to spend more time looking at it, however.

i think the monotone and emotionless nature actually presents the other side of the issue, knowing that an entire world is just unchangeable and terrible does sometimes put me in a depressed sort of state where i can't enjoy my favorite things, or indeed, any things, for the entire day.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
soooo, i got around to having a look at daria, the protagonists monotone is extremely off-putting, but it demonstrates how i feel at times, "shut up, don't care!" i already feel connected to some random character, i think it seems a bit to obvious at times though, that may be because cartoons are just a mental off switch since i can't even remember watching an interesting one.

i like it, but i don't think I'd stay interested for more then a bit, i may have to spend more time looking at it, however.

i think the monotone and emotionless nature actually presents the other side of the issue, knowing that an entire world is just unchangeable and terrible does sometimes put me in a depressed sort of state where i can't enjoy my favorite things, or indeed, any things, for the entire day.
She becomes less monotone as the series go on and does show emotion. Try watching season 5, episode 13. It basically gets to the root of why she switches off and behaves like that, and how her parents deal with it.

Anyway, as for switching off emotionally, that is a bit like DmC, a world where people are encouraged to switch off, be docile and carry on like everything is fine, even when everything is not. It's like modern society where people are encouraged to buy the latest thing, eat this or drink that to get that fleeting feeling of happiness and acceptance as part of the crowd. Humanity basically polices itself in that regard with peer pressure and fads. It's ridiculous, but without that, parts of the economy would be screwed.

Speaking of fades, demonic fashion would be something interesting to have in the next game. It fits into both consumerism and humanity's need to conform to an exact image.
DmC could emphasise the darker side to fashion like starving models, plastic surgery, sexualisation of youth,
and a DmC twist of 'special leather' actually being made from human skin.
Thinking about it, Lilith would've been suited to that kind of theme what with all that plastic surgery.

Top Bottom