• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Likelihood of a DmC Sequel?

Will there be a DmC sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

EvilX-81

Do you think that E&I don't do less damage? I can probably dig up a gun comparison but It's pretty obvious if you've played both games.

Lemme see the gun comparison video.

Okay? I'm agreeing with you about the shotgun.

The LoL means you're underestimating the shotgun like everything else.

Care to explain how?

Not much to explain; stick several of them on an enemy, watch it die or fly into the air. Also demon dodge boosts all the guns as well.

I'm again going to ask you the same question I asked before when you complained about me using demo videos.

Technically that video didn't really talk anything about the gun damage.

Slacri

I'll try to find some.

I'm not underestimating it. I'm agreeing with you that it's pretty useful.

Not much to explain; stick several of them on an enemy, watch it die or fly into the air. Also demon dodge boosts all the guns as well.
Yes but the issue is its too slow and doesn't do enough damage to make up for this. Kalina Ann could do this with comparable damage with one shot. Pandora's Box could fire multiply missiles simultaneously.

I know. I was just saying that he can't discredit it for being demo footage because not much has changed since the demo.

AlchemistFromEden

called it

EvilX-81

I'll try to find some.

Before the discussion really continues, I'll just wait for the video.

I'm not underestimating it. I'm agreeing with you that it's pretty useful.

Well.... okay, I'll leave this alone.

Yes but the issue is its too slow and doesn't do enough damage to make up for this. Kalina Ann could do this with comparable damage with one shot. Pandora's Box could fire multiply missiles simultaneously.

I think it's pretty equal. But Pandora's missile spree has to be charged up to DAT DAMAGE, which ultimately takes much longer than Kablooey's dart setup.

AlchemistFromEden

The gun damage hasn't changed from the demo to the full game so what difference does it make?
the guns in the demo are
-not as strong as they are in the final build
-not upgraded
making ANY videos of the demo null and void, the demo doesn't even have the same enemy waves or cutscenes as the final build, because its from capcom captivate, which is completely different build than the final game, but what would i know right, I only OWN the game and have been playing it frequently in my free time, unlike you, in fact, that pretty much makes your opinion on anything but the story irrelevant because you don't have any first hand experience

Slacri

Before the discussion really continues, I'll just wait for the video.
Video is up if you missed it for E&I.

I think it's pretty equal. But Pandora's missile spree has to be charged up to DAT DAMAGE, which ultimately takes much longer than Kablooey's dart setup.
The explosion isn't nearly as close for the DT Pandora
The missile spree doesn't have to be charged up to do damage and you can also rapid fire a bunch of missiles at once.
30 seconds in for Pandora's explosion, 50 seconds in for missile barrage. Look how fast it kills that Blitz.

Slacri

the guns in the demo are
-not as strong as they are in the final build
Yes they are, unless you want to post a video of the final build that contradicts this.
-not upgraded
You have to upgrade them a ton for them to even be effective in any way, and at that point its just better spent on your actual melee weapons.
making ANY videos of the demo null and void, the demo doesn't even have the same enemy waves or cutscenes as the final build, because its from capcom captivate, which is completely different build than the final game, but what would i know right, I only OWN the game and have been playing it frequently in my free time, unlike you, in fact, that pretty much makes your opinion on anything but the story irrelevant because you don't have any first hand experience[/quote]
Hell, I even stumbled across a thread made by EvilX himself.

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/decided-to-compare-dmc-guns-across-the-games.13628/
making ANY videos of the demo null and void, the demo doesn't even have the same enemy waves or cutscenes as the final build, because its from capcom captivate, which is completely different build than the final game, but what would i know right, I only OWN the game and have been playing it frequently in my free time, unlike you, in fact, that pretty much makes your opinion on anything but the story irrelevant because you don't have any first hand experience
Except we're not arguing about cutscenes or type of enemy waves here so that's completely irrelevant. But I have the game, I've gotten halfway through on DMD and the only thing keeping me from beating it is my lack of motivation to even play it.

EvilX-81

Video is up if you missed it for E&I.

Yup, the hardcore violence video. I did a whole thread on this. He made a major misstep in that video that give a false impression of the guns, because he used a Hell Pride to demonstrate the gun difference.

Mind you, even with an equal enemy, the guns in the demo still suck compared to DMC3's.

But the gun damage in the final game is, while weaker, SIGNIFICANTLY closer in damage power to the DMC3 guns.

The explosion isn't nearly as close for the DT Pandora
The missile spree doesn't have to be charged up to do damage and you can also rapid fire a bunch of missiles at once.
30 seconds in for Pandora's explosion, 50 seconds in for missile barrage.

He's doing the Lightbox thing, the blade, and the missile spree, but the demolition gauge isn't dropping.... I'm calling bullshit...

Slacri

Yup, the hardcore violence video. I did a whole thread on this. He made a major misstep in that video that give a false impression of the guns, because he used a Hell Pride to demonstrate the gun difference.

Mind you, even with an equal enemy, the guns in the demo still suck compared to DMC3's.

But the gun damage in the final game is, while weaker, SIGNIFICANTLY closer in damage power to the DMC3 guns.
While Hell Pride's are weaker than Stygian, the gun damage is all relative isn't it? It's about how effective the guns are against the enemies, their actual damage is kind of arbitrary. I'll try to find a video of the actual game then.

He's doing the Lightbox thing, the blade, and the missile spree, but the demolition gauge isn't dropping.... I'm calling bullshit...
What demolition gauge? Do you mean the DT? He's using Super Dante.
Here's a video of PB without using DT. Quality is trash though.

EvilX-81

While Hell Pride's are weaker than Stygian, the gun damage is all relative isn't it? It's about how effective the guns are against the enemies, their actual damage is kind of arbitrary. I'll try to find a video of the actual game then

I see you've stumbled over my thread, so all the information you need is there. But as a summary. I took an enemy that takes the name amount of normal hits in DMC3SE (Hell Lust) and compared. Took 11 seconds IIRC to take it down with simple shots alone with Level 1 E&I's, while in DmC max E&I takes 13 seconds (16 seconds non-leveled up).

But regular damage of DmC's guns is just the beginning. Also consider Ricoshots, Revanant ChargeBomb, Kablooey stacking, and demon dodge's power amp. Technically, with DD, E&I are the strongest guns in the DMC series.

What demolition gauge? Do you mean the DT? He's using Super Dante.
Here's a video of PB without using DT. Quality is trash though.

....You don't know what the demolition gauge is?:/

EvilX-81

Here, here's a LP of guys trying to spam the gun against a Stygian in the final game.

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/happy-hour-devil-may-cry
Watch Part 2 and skip to 14 minutes. He unloads E&I on a Stygian point blank for a good ten seconds. They're playing on Normal against the weakest enemy in the game.

Comparatively DMC3 on Hard had E&I kill the weakest enemy in about 5 seconds.

The weakest enemy in DmC is a Bathos, which are equal in damage to a Hell Pride, both of which can be killed damn quickly with the pistols.

Slacri

I see you've stumbled over my thread, so all the information you need is there. But as a summary. I took an enemy that takes the name amount of normal hits in DMC3SE (Hell Lust) and compared. Took 11 seconds IIRC to take it down with simple shots alone with Level 1 E&I's, while in DmC max E&I takes 13 seconds (16 seconds non-leveled up).
I think that five seconds is a pretty significant different actually and Hell Lust's are a more advanced enemy other than the basic ones. In these games the basic enemies are the Stygian and the Hell Pride.

But regular damage of DmC's guns is just the beginning. Also consider Ricoshots, Revanant ChargeBomb, Kablooey stacking, and demon dodge's power amp. Technically, with DD, E&I are the strongest guns in the DMC series.
I don't think it's fair that you take ricochets into the equation but not Gunslinger. DD? Do you mean DT?

....You don't know what the demolition gauge is?:/
My bad, got my gauges mixed up. Super Dante makes the disaster gauge infinite as well.
The weakest enemy in the game is the Bathos
My bad. I guess guess I wasn't completely so right on DmC's Ebony and Ivory. I'm not sold yet though as we don't have many videos comparing them against similar enemies straight out.

I'm going to go to bed, I'll try to compare them and make my own video tomorrow.

EvilX-81

I think that five seconds is a pretty significant different actually and Hell Lust's are a more advanced enemy other than the basic ones. In these games the basic enemies are the Stygian and the Hell Pride

It's not far any way you cut it, to compare an enemy that only takes three regular rebellion slashes to kill (Hell Pride), with one that takes 8 (9 in the final build). Which is why I used Hell Lusts to compare, who take about 8 or so regular strikes.

I don't think it's fair that you take ricochets into the equation but not Gunslinger.

Uh.... what are you talking about? This is about E&I's regular gun damage output. I noted the other moves as a part of the "E&I and the rest of the guns don't suck" deal.

Okay, DMC3 Gunslinger gives you charge shots, but even if we assume a Demon Dodge to amp attack power x2 (looks like it's even more than that when maxed out), that would cut E&I's time at killing a Lesser Stygian in half... which is pretty ridiculous. And then the ricoshots, shotgun charge shots, kablooey stacks...

It's assumption though, because I can't think of a good way to test DMC3's charge pistol charge shots without accidently shooting regular shots into the mix. Might be able to test shotguns however...

Besides, why would I really take those into account in this particular case? The accusation is that "DmC's guns are useless", not "DMC3's guns don't rock."

DD? Do you mean DT

Demon dodge. Dt probably amps them as well though...

My bad, got my gauges mixed up. Super Dante makes the disaster gauge infinite as well.

Okay, but this makes me point; Pandora's demolition gauge takes siginificant time to charge up, even with the gatling gun spam (which does suck damage, but really helps in boosting up the demolition gauge.) You can get off several missile spams before it runs out, like 3 I think on a full gauge. The damage is crazy good though so it balances out.

And ohhhh ****, I didn't know Super Dante meant inifnite demolition gauge too. :D Gonna **** that game up again later.

Edit: Disaster, demolition, whatever. Pandora for infinite winz.

Triceranuke

I've posted this before, but I'll post again. I work at Best Buy and we've already sold all our copies of it. Sold the last one today, I talk to most costumers about it and almost all of them have previously played the older games and didn't even know or care that there's all the drama about it.

The game is selling just fine, and the average consumer doesn't care about supporters or antis.

Top Bottom