• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Likelihood of a DmC Sequel?

Will there be a DmC sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

Kishido

Hunter
It is simple...

They tried change the franchise with DMC4 and Nero and weren't happy with it for unknown reasons... (I wasn't happy either with it).

So if this reboot will "fail" for them as well and Capcom will decide not to do another DmC2... Be sure DMC franchise will be gone for a looooong time and maybe will have the treatment as Megaman or even all the years for fans of Street Fighter

And no... it isn't very likely that they suddenly decide to make "true" DMC5 after this or such stuff... But hey maybe people will go crazy cuz that suddenly the game will be on a new platforms... Same as they have done with Capcom being a traitor not letting DMC4 being exclusive for the PS anymore...

But of course people can hope as the MegaMan fans are doing over years know...

Would really liketo know if the people, who boycot the game completely, will be happy with something like this more than with DmC2... A story to a game which started just now but can't live to his full potential cuz of getting bad reps by people who rage over... (Not talking about legal critism as gameplay or other stuff)

Just look at this... DMC2 was **** and look how Capcom improved it... This now is just the first game of the reboot so give it the chance to improve gameplay and story wise as well in future games... or as I said... Live with the most likely outcome of not having any DMC for a long time

Thank You for the attention

EvilX-81

Explain how the guns have depth or offer much. They do very little damage, the least they've ever done in a DMC guy and you're better off just grappling a guy towards you and hitting them. And the lack of lock on makes it incredibly annoying because you don't know who Dante will shoot at.

They may be the weakest in the DMCs, but they're still useful. And I know who I'm going to shoot almost all the time (save when a flying enemy is hanging over a grounded one, but even then it's usually a matter of who's closer or who the camera is tilted more towards.)

And yes, you can hit an S rank using only guns.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
They may be the weakest in the DMCs, but they're still useful. And I know who I'm going to shoot almost all the time (save when a flying enemy is hanging over a grounded one, but even then it's usually a matter of who's closer or who the camera is tilted more towards.)

And yes, you can hit an S rank using only guns.
Yep, guns might not be powerful, but they are useful. I use them to chain attacks, or the shotgun for those shards or clearing big groups of rage spawn with that crowd control attack (forgotten the name:p).

EvilX-81

Yeah that's it! Thanks. ^_^ That move saved me a few times on harder difficulties against rage spawn.

Firework's radius is ridiculous this game. On the otherhand, it's damage is utter crap.:/ I guess that's fair really.

TyIquan_DmC

Because they don't? The gameplay isn't entirely based upon Quicktime events to the extent of games like Heavy Rain or even God of War. It's not entirely based on finishers either. It is very based on stances.

Because QTE's and finishers are the only differences between DmC and HS. You're going to pull something soon. At least stretch first.

And you're using a massive hyperbole to do it. If you want to quote my argument, quote it. Don't try to massively exaggerate what I'm saying to try to make yourself sound better.

No I'm not. It's what you said. You ignored the fact that she doesn't jump and said QTEs and finishers don't make them different because they both have "stances."

Of course it's subjective, as is your own opinion on it.

Of course, but I'm not bashing anything because I dislike it around here either and talking as if I'm stating facts.

There is depth but not on the level of its two predecessors which is my issue. It's a step down. It changed the gameplay without really making it better.

There are those who disagree. Difficult timing isn't everything.

Well sure he has a lot more potential because he's a new character, I doubt Ninja Theory will follow through as they've demonstrated their writing ability and it's fallen flat.

In your opinion. Many disagree.

How so? DMC3 offered you the choice between 5 different melee weapons and 5 different ranged. DmC has 3 melee weapons and 3 ranged. You might say it's better than 3 because it let you switch on the fly which I'd also disagree with because DMC3's weapon's were a lot more varied in their playstyles and what they offered. DmC's just has some straight overpowered weapons that trump the other. Even then, forcing you to have to switch to a specific type of weapon to kill enemies and forcing you to attack enemies from a specific angle is obnoxious and limiting.

What? DmC has 5 melee weapons. I don't feel DMC3's weapons were more varied at all. Cerberus and Nevan were good for crowd control, Beowulf was the power, and Rebellion and A&R were more or less the same to me. Switching to a specific type of weapon is unfortunate, sure. It's been in the series before, but not to this extent. Ok. But attacking from a specific angle? That's been in every game but DMC2. Not a big deal.

DMC4 Dante already had access to everything and Nero was already pretty streamlined.

And yet, Dante was rather clumsy in DMC4, and Nero had a limited playstyle.

Can you explain how DMC4 was clumsy?

Sure, let a casual gamer try to pull off varied and impressive things with Dante in DMC4 and DmC. The ask which one they prefer. I've done it with more than one person. Guess what they chose.

How is Bayonetta watered down?

The same way DmC is, more or less. Bayonetta isn't anywhere near as technical as DMC3/4, and it's quite forgiving.

I explained how DmC is but you just gave your statement without elaborating on it at all. Even if it was Bayonetta is it's own IP and isn't the continuation of a series.

And my point is people STILL consider it better than the DMC games.

Explain how the guns have depth or offer much. They do very little damage, the least they've ever done in a DMC guy and you're better off just grappling a guy towards you and hitting them. And the lack of lock on makes it incredibly annoying because you don't know who Dante will shoot at. You see I can accept that people have their own opinions, I just expect you to elaborate them and explain why you feel that way if you want to join in on the discussion. Not just state them without any warrant, backing or evidence. I linked a video showing how DMC3 guns could have depth with Gunslinger style if played right. Now it's your turn to provide some evidence rather than just saying opinions.

Well in that case we have to wait until someone uploads a video of impressive gunplay then, huh? I mean, I could try to explain a bunch of different set ups, but it'd all be opinion without a video, right?

What, the fact that I don't know it? Explain to me how there's even a feasible way of doing it now that Gunslinger is removed and the guns barely do any damage other than rounding up a bunch of guys with Kablooey.

You keep saying, "guns" barely do damage, but I think you mean, "E&I."
That's one way, yes.
Well that's not all there is to the game.
Not nearly to the extent the previous games did.
And why not? You stop gaining style points after repeating a move too much. Is that not the same?
It had the same ranking system in name only, it was handled very differently.
No...aside from the S ranks all sharing the same bar, they were exactly the same.
Well yes, It was pretty satisfying to get an SSS and keeping it up because of how rarely it happened.
Lol, it wasn't rare if you knew how to play, and you didn't give a hoot about the style ranking if you just wanted to do cool stuff.

Vergil's did the same thing.
Not the point?
But it did, it made your attacks do double the damage and quickened how much damage you did without slowing down the enemies at all. It didn't literally speed up Nero's actual attack speed but it surely as hell didn't make every enemy in the game suddenly do nothing now. It's not nearly as bad as it's handled in DmC.
Changing goalposts. You complained of him not tanking attacks and gaining speed, and now that's not the issue.
Oh okay, it just makes the enemies do nothing to you without literally freezing time. That's so much better. Yes and it wasn't nearly as atrociously done and it made the gameplay more fluid. The old DT's didn't provide nearly as much of a health regen or damage boost either. Seriously, look at this and tell me it isn't broken.
The old DT's also didn't build as slowly as this does. Maybe that's why the health recovers a bit faster? I don't know, honestly. But your video? Of him using the stronger demon weapons after activating DMD? And he was really strong? Someone call CNN RNN.

Bayonetta was a new IP, it didn't have any obligation to try to be like its predecessors like DmC does. You asked this:

And DmC is like it's predecessors, despite you refusing to admit it.

And Bayonetta does just that except better, because what you stated not with this game but with DMC 3 and 4. How does that prove your point at all?

Not sure how Bayonetta does it better. This game has everything those games has. But if your gonna actively say this game is just HS2, then Bayonetta is just DMC5. Which it more or less is. It has way more in common with the DMC games than how you switch weapons.

EvilX-81

I'm thinking about starting a new thread on this subject...

The old DT's also didn't build as slowly as this does. Maybe that's why the health recovers a bit faster?

Yea. That's why I'm guessing it's so highpowered. The **** takes decades to charge up, and then you lose a piece of it when you DT.

Slacri

Because QTE's and finishers are the only differences between DmC and HS. You're going to pull something soon. At least stretch first.
But they're minor differences. You're not addressing the fact that QTEs and finishers aren't that important in the core combat while stances are.

No I'm not. It's what you said. You ignored the fact that she doesn't jump and said QTEs and finishers don't make them different because they both have "stances."
You seriously don't see how adding my statements in caps isn't a hyperbole of my original words?

Of course, but I'm not bashing anything because I dislike it around here either and talking as if I'm stating facts.
These things are coming out of my mouth, I thought it was very clear they were my own thoughts without me needing to put an opinion disclaimer on everything.

There are those who disagree. Difficult timing isn't everything.
Uh, when did I even mention timing?

In your opinion. Many disagree.
Obviously and its your opinion that Dante has more potential than his DMC3 fact. Why are you invalidating my own thoughts as just opinion when you're stating your opinion the same way?

What? DmC has 5 melee weapons.
Name them, I might have missed one.
DmC has
Arbiter
Aquila
Rebellion
Eryx
I don't feel DMC3's weapons were more varied at all. Cerberus and Nevan were good for crowd control, Beowulf was the power, and Rebellion and A&R were more or less the same to me.
Cerberus was a lot faster and not as good as crowd control as Nevan. Agni and Ruda were a lot quicker than Rebellion.
A&R Switching to a specific type of weapon is unfortunate, sure. It's been in the series before, but not to this extent. Ok. But attacking from a specific angle? That's been in every game but DMC2. Not a big deal.
What? DMC3 had this but barely, in DmC almost every late game level just throws a few big enemies at you. DMC4 doesn't have this at all.

And yet, Dante was rather clumsy in DMC4, and Nero had a limited playstyle.
You haven't explained how he's clumsy.

Sure, let a casual gamer try to pull off varied and impressive things with Dante in DMC4 and DmC. The ask which one they prefer. I've done it with more than one person. Guess what they chose.
You're using an ad populum here. And even so, Nero was the one intended for new players. Just because Dante isn't as accesible hardly makes him clunky. You see the difference between the two games is that one offers an option for new players and veterans and DmC is just for new players.

The same way DmC is, more or less. Bayonetta isn't anywhere near as technical as DMC3/4, and it's quite forgiving.
What? It's pretty technical, jump cancelling is still important for more advanced play and it has a ton of combos, even more than 3 and 4 I believe.

And my point is people STILL consider it better than the DMC games.
Don't tell me what people consider, the discussion is with you and me.

Well in that case we have to wait until someone uploads a video of impressive gunplay then, huh? I mean, I could try to explain a bunch of different set ups, but it'd all be opinion without a video, right?
Well explain it. Ebony and Ivory are useless, and with Gunslinger they can do even less. The guns have gotten weaker in every game.

The only gun that does damage really is Kablooey and it's not worth the charge up when you can just use Arbiter.
Well that's not all there is to the game.
And I didn't say it was, there's so many ways to do it without abusing demon dodge.
And why not? You stop gaining style points after repeating a move too much. Is that not the same?
Not really, because you don't lost style points either so you don't have to do any effort to keep it up once it's up.
No...aside from the S ranks all sharing the same bar, they were exactly the same.
The old one prized constantly changing the weapons up as well as your moves. The new one encourages you to switch things up but not nearly to the same degree and there's no incentive to really keep switching it up once you get an SSS because it doesn't go down.
Lol, it wasn't rare if you knew how to play, and you didn't give a hoot about the style ranking if you just wanted to do cool stuff.
A hell of a lot rarer than DmC.

Not the point?
Then what was the point? of bringing up the fact that other people had DT's but only Nero's really worked different?​
Changing goalposts. You complained of him not tanking attacks and gaining speed, and now that's not the issue.
No, the main issue was that the DT slowed gameplay to a crawl by freezing enemies.
The old DT's also didn't build as slowly as this does.
Yes, and the game is much less fast paced.
Maybe that's why the health recovers a bit faster? I don't know, honestly. But your video? Of him using the stronger demon weapons after activating DMD? And he was really strong? Someone call CNN RNN.
You seriously think being able to kill a boss using basic combos with DT that quickly on DMD is okay?

And DmC is like it's predecessors, despite you refusing to admit it.
I love how you complain that I state my opinion as fact when you post things like this.

Not sure how Bayonetta does it better. This game has everything those games has. But if your gonna actively say this game is just HS2, then Bayonetta is just DMC5. Which it more or less is. It has way more in common with the DMC games than how you switch weapons.
Bayonetta does it better by offering a faster pace, greater challenge and more depth to the gameplay. Bayonetta being DMC5 isn't a huge issue because it isn't obligated to try to live up to any predecessors. You see what creating a new IP does rather than slapping an existing one on a game that isn't like it is like?

EvilX-81

Well explain it. Ebony and Ivory are useless, and with Gunslinger they can do even less. The guns have gotten weaker in every game.

The only gun that does damage really is Kablooey and it's not worth the charge up when you can just use Arbiter.

Really, they're not as weak as you're trying to make them out to be.

Slacri

Really, they're not as weak as you're trying to make them out to be.
They're not really worth while at all. Ebony and Ivory, Dante's staple guns are completely useless, shotgun is passable and Kablooey does the same thing Kalina Ann and Pandora's Box did but it has a very slow time-up. Gunslinger has been pretty neutered.

Slacri

What are you basing this on?
The fact that they do very little damage in comparison to the their incarnations in the other games.

Uh, what? I admitted the shotgun was okay.

Except you can move while you set the shots and is faster to use than any of those.
No it's not. It's faster to fire but it acts like a sticky grenade you can detonate. But it only really does decent damage if you fire a lot of shots. So it doesn't do damage as quickly.

EvilX-81

The fact that they do very little damage in comparison to the their incarnations in the other games.

No, I mean what's your proof?

Uh, what? I admitted the shotgun was okay.

Again, LoL.

No it's not. It's faster to fire but it acts like a sticky grenade you can detonate. But it only really does decent damage if you fire a lot of shots. So it doesn't do damage as quickly.

You're seriously underestimating Kablooey too.

AlchemistFromEden

Again, LoL.

he's just gonna pull up a video of the demo again because he hasn't played the actual game and is basing everything he says off of a nine month old demo build and playthroughs on youtube

Slacri

Do you think that E&I don't do less damage? I can probably dig up a gun comparison but It's pretty obvious if you've played both games.

Again, LoL.
Okay? I'm agreeing with you about the shotgun.

Care to explain how?
he's just gonna pull up a video of the demo again because he hasn't played the actual game and is basing everything he says off of a nine month old demo build and playthroughs on youtube
I'm again going to ask you the same question I asked before when you complained about me using demo videos.
Name the mechanics that he complained about the in the demo that haven't made it in the final game or been altered in some major way. The only thing I really disagree with him on is that the angel scythe lacks utility.

Top Bottom