• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
5702_10153152700021326_6245503949674576799_n.jpg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Pfft! Tackle had her beat to the title of "first Kamen Rider girl!" Well Unofficially anyway. Looking at her concept art reinforces just how great her suit looked. Glad the suit got more screen time in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Pfft! Tackle had her beat to the title of "first Kamen Rider girl!" Well Unofficially anyway. Looking at her concept art reinforces just how great her suit looked. Glad the suit got more screen time in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight.

Speaking of, why did KR: DK fail? It was awesome! It was fantastic! It kicked ass!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Speaking of, why did KR: DK fail? It was awesome! It was fantastic! It kicked ass!
There are a whole bunch of reasons why it was screwed over by the network, but the simplest reason is that they were trying to market the show to the same young kids who watch power rangers when traditionally Kamen Rider has been aimed at older kids.

As a result, despite how great an adaptation it was, it looks like we won't be getting any more. Shame, apparently they were also considering adapting Blade and Faiz, would've been cool to see them adapted.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, so they did skip Ninninger after all. Disappointed that they didn't do Go-Busters either.

Also "Ninja Steel"? That's a bit too close to Ninja Storm.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man those Ryuki character images are sexy! Ryuki had some killer designs. Strangely I never knew of Dragon Knight's existence until well after it was over. I should really get to watching it.
Saban Brands skipped their chance at a Orange Ranger? I call bull, bull! The MMPR comic from Booms Studio, when I saw the Armored MM Red Ranger cover my first thought was; "His Morpher should be gold, not silver during that particular upgrade." I have the urge to watch Japanese Spiderman... He has a Giant Robot you know!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, if Power Rangers are staying with Nickelodeon then it's likely we'll see another "Super Season" just like Super Samurai, Super Megaforce etc.

As for the plot, it sounds decent, probably have to wait until a trailer to get a clear opinion.

I kinda miss the crossover episodes, but they kinda can't do it without source footage which they won't have if they keep adapting every other Super Sentai season.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I can hear it now: "Another year with Nick?! I hate these season gaps!"
I rather indifferent to the gap, I only wish it was shorter. I'm sure this is done to catch up with and use certain Sentai programs.

So now Toqger joins the ranks of skipping Sentai seasons. At least Go-Busters is no longer the odd team out.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Depends on if you count Dairanger and Kakuranger as being skipped. Shows I would've liked to have seen instead of Mighty Morphin' seasons two and three.

On a side note, does anyone mind if I add talk about the Ultraman series in here? Seeing as it's another Tokusatsu show and I've been so hyped watchng the latest edition, "Ultraman X". It's like the Gokaiger/Super Megaforce of Ultraman.

Top Bottom