• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let it out people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

Selling out is good for the series, in the sense that Capcom gets more money, but not good for anyone else. I doubt it will get any more atention for the series though, since it took away the iconic look. Unless they have something big up their sleeves, I'd say they made a huge mistake with this one.

Dominus

Chrysander;292788 said:
Apocalyptic beatdowns from the God Hand

Fight.gif

Last fight with Azel was probably funnest boss fight ive faced, so much in your face action. On hard pressing the action button to pummel vs Azel actually requires you to press it super fast (adding to the intensity).

But yah onto DmC.

moseslmpg;292828 said:
but not good for anyone else. I doubt it will get any more atention for the series though, since it took away the iconic look.

Yah and its really sad seeing the iconic DMC3 Dante kick ass in Marvel vs Capcom 3 (especially in the intro movie), compared to Dino slowly shooting enemies in his trailer.. I think a gamble with Dante would have best worked in house or with a trusted developer.. But if they staid with Ninja Theory they should have at least kept the look consistent..

Dominus

Crimson Chaos;292892 said:
sad thing is, capcom told ninja theory to make dante's new look in a manner they thought would enrage fans.

Yah I'm well aware of that, but the point with reboots is you are supposed to maintain some connection to the previous series that people can pickup on whether visual and settings wise( tar Trek reboot all the characters were recognizable and acted like you would expect when compared to their older counterparts), or gameplay-wise (Wind Waker I guess settings maybe?). Let's just hope Dino retains part of Dante's personality from the previous games (or develops it)..

The only wild card developer that pulled out a good game from nowhere using an older franchise was Retro Studios. Even though I did not enjoy Prime as much as Super Metroid I recognized that the game was well put together and did capture the atmosphere of the Metroid series.

moseslmpg

Dominus;292911 said:
The only wild card developer that pulled out a good game from nowhere using an older franchise was Retro Studios. Even though I did not enjoy Prime as much as Super Metroid I recognized that the game was well put together and did capture the atmosphere of the Metroid series.
This man speaks the truth.

I was just thinking the same thing two days ago.

Chrysander

Been trying to think positively recently. Maybe this whole trailer was just to get attention and actually the game will be nothing like it, just what we'd expect for DMC5. That's pretty much the only thing positive I can think right now except for

I've got a killer hand!

awwwwww you're gunna get it

moseslmpg

They wouldn't go through all the trouble of making a trailer that turns out to be a red herring.

The way I stay positive is by remembering that other, probably better actions games will be out, like Asura's Wrath, Bayo 2, NG3, Darksiders 2. It helps.

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Dominus;292911 said:
Yah I'm well aware of that, but the point with reboots is you are supposed to maintain some connection to the previous series that people can pickup on whether visual and settings wise( tar Trek reboot all the characters were recognizable and acted like you would expect when compared to their older counterparts), or gameplay-wise (Wind Waker I guess settings maybe?). Let's just hope Dino retains part of Dante's personality from the previous games (or develops it)..

true. now if only it was a reboot. lol they're calling it another prequal.

Chrysander

moseslmpg;292937 said:
They wouldn't go through all the trouble of making a trailer that turns out to be a red herring.

Yeah, but that's not a positive way to look at it, that's just true

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
i got flamed and criticized by some (dumb) fangirls of the new dante.
they think the new dante is hot and handsome....wow they have bad taste.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
hmm
I'm a casual fan of the game because although I don't have any problems with DmC, I can understand where the DmC naysayers come from because as a writer i find the direction that Capcom took with the game unneeded.
We don't need a new look for Dante, we just need a writer who can make him a compelling character

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Z218;293304 said:
hmm
I'm a casual fan of the game because although I don't have any problems with DmC, I can understand where the DmC naysayers come from because as a writer i find the direction that Capcom took with the game unneeded.
We don't need a new look for Dante, we just need a writer who can make him a compelling character

while the words you speak are true, that's not the only place they went wrong. the series didn't need another prequal unless it was going to explain why we should even except Nero as a new face of the story. Dante doesn't need anymore backstory then dmc3.

Dominus

Z218;293304 said:
hmm

Its not even that for me its just the style doesn't look like it will produce bad ass gameplay like in the previous DMC games, and guessing by Ninja Theory's previous games won't have that deep of a combat engine. There will be a lot of QTE I reckon and very simplistic combat which just isn't DMC. If I wanted that kind of hallow gameply I'd go back to GOW or Dante's Inferno, etc, or heck the new Castlevania game. They all are leading action games down a trend of simpler gameplay in favor of capturing a broader audience.

Its my hope that DMC will not lose its unique style and gameplay, because after all ninja theory's games follow GOW gameplay mechanics. So if say DmC had the look it did but was under development by an in house capcom studio I would be more ok with that, not a mediocre UK developer

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
its not even that for me its just the style doesn't look like it will produce bad ass gameplay like in the previous DMC games, and guessing by Ninja Theory's previous games won't have that deep of a combat engine. There will be a lot of QTE I reckon and very simplistic combat which just isn't DMC. If I wanted that kind of hallow gameply I'd go back to GOW or Dante's Inferno, etc, or heck the new Castlevania game. They all are leading action games down a trend of simpler gameplay in favor of capturing a broader audience.

Its my hope that DMC will not lose its unique style and gameplay, because after all ninja theory's games follow GOW gameplay mechanics. So if say DmC had the look it did but was under development by an in house capcom studio I would be more ok with that, not a mediocre UK developer[/QUOTE]

all that need be said in my opinion. lol! finally someone see's my point! it's not just the look that angers me, it's the fact that anyone with half a brain cell can see the gameplay will suffer to.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dominus;292911 said:
Not the only one. Mercury Steam did a damn good job on Castlevania Lord of Shadows, a reboot that set the standards for newer 3D Castlevania games. Also, the ending could follow into the other Castlevanias as a prequel.

Dominus

Esura;293446 said:
Not the only one. Mercury Steam did a damn good job on Castlevania Lord of Shadows, a reboot that set the standards for newer 3D Castlevania games. Also, the ending could follow into the other Castlevanias as a prequel.

If by set standards you mean copy things from other games then yes:

"The developers have successfully adopted ideas from several popular games (God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted, Resident Evil) but that also means this isn't a very original effort. In the end, I'd rather play a more traditional 2D Castlevania game, but there is no denying that this is a beautiful and enjoyable change of pace."

7.5 Gameplay
Combat becomes repetitive, but the quiet moments of puzzling and platforming in between are a lot of fun.

From the IGN review.

I definitely would take a really nice 2d Castlevania for PS3 or XBox (hell they could do it on xbox live or psn network) over this game frankly. At least the first Castlevania for PS2 felt original in its gameplay elements (felt castlevaniaish) not a GOW clone with added elements.

Esura

Dominus;293508 said:
If by set standards you mean copy things from other games then yes:

"The developers have successfully adopted ideas from several popular games (God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted, Resident Evil) but that also means this isn't a very original effort. In the end, I'd rather play a more traditional 2D Castlevania game, but there is no denying that this is a beautiful and enjoyable change of pace."

7.5 Gameplay
Combat becomes repetitive, but the quiet moments of puzzling and platforming in between are a lot of fun.

From the IGN review.

I definitely would take a really nice 2d Castlevania for PS3 or XBox (hell they could do it on xbox live or psn network) over this game frankly. At least the first Castlevania for PS2 felt original in its gameplay elements (felt castlevaniaish) not a GOW clone with added elements.
Quoting reviews is pointless considering they are mainstream garbage.

Also, Lord of Shadows is pretty much old school Castlevania. Old school Castlevania mostly had you go in a straight line or going up or down ladders killing monsters, with a bunch of platforming in between. And I hate how everyone calls EVERY SINGLE ACTION game a GoW clone. Some reviewers even had the nerve to call Bayonetta a GoW clone. Seriously, GoW did not invent action games.

Esura

Storm Silves;293536 said:
No, GoW didn't. In fact, I'm fairly certain that the first stylish action game was DMC.

Oh I know. But everyone (mainstream) seems to be under the impression that any action with ANY swinging mechanic whatsoever or flashy combat is a GoW clone. What do you expect a Belmont to do? They swing whips and shnit! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom