• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legit though, DMC4 sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Dude, if your opinion is based on half-truths, falsehoods, and blatant nonsense, people are going to get annoyed. Especially when you insult them by not listening to their side of the story. For example, TWOxACROSS explained that Vamp did not have mystical powers in MGS2: his powers simply were not explained. The explanation mainly came in MGS4. You ignored that completely and reiterated that his powers were mystical (which isn't true), and without even explaining. I suggest you replay those games and pay more attention to games in the future. Even I, who hasn't played all MGSes (only 2, 3 and Peace Walker), know that most if not all of the things you said are not true. Sorry, but you'll have to accept that.
Forums also exist to show you when you're wrong; they're not just for your amusement. You are correct that some valid opinions here get bashed, which is a shame, but you shouldn't be surprised that people try to refute your false ideas.

Anyway, can this thread please move on? You know my stance: DMC4 did not suck, but it was indeed the second worst DMC. Too much backtracking, people didn't like Dante much (though I found him about as likable as DMC3 Dante), Nero's gameplay wasn't too great, etc etc. However, many of the OP's (Bazilican) comments were completely subjective and not even based on arguments. Nero is annoying... opinion. Dante is an ass and no fun... opinion. The styles are now a 'clusterfuck', while DMC3's system was great? Really? DMC4's system is the same as DMC3's, only now you can switch between styles on the fly. All you have to do is press one directional button and you're set. Clusterfuck... what nonsense. He didn't like the dice game... nobody cares. The dice game is not important in DMC4 - it only features in like two levels. Also, the whole idea of Nero is that he still needs to find his place in DMC's world, and that he has a bit of growing up to do. Nero is not meant to be some kind of Superman character who can do no wrong. Dante even says ''what a punk''. Don't you think he might've said that intentionally? o_O It reminds me of the argument that ''Dante is an ass'' just because he lets Nero get absorbed by the Savior. The point is, that was the plan. He tries to help Nero by shooting the Yamato to him. He even says ''if the exterior's solid, then you gotta take it out from the inside.'' Pay attention to the script, people.

Anyway, back to actual valid arguments, hopefully.
I'm not gonna argue with you. I replayed all MGSs dozens of times and know what i talk about. Reducing to swearing and kicking not justifies annoyance. But let's drop it at that.
As for DMC4 I can only add to your last point, that besides plan to take Saviour from the inside, Kyrie was inside already. So probably the only way to save her was from the inside. I doubt Dante would have taken Saviour out without helping both Nero and Kyrie.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No, you don't know what you're talking about. For someone who's allegedly played the MGS games dozens of times you sure as hell failed to follow the plot. I love the Metal Gear franchise. It's probably my favorite video game series. You should have never challenged us on our Metal Gear knowledge yet, despite how we both proved you WRONG you still will sit there and relentlessly play defense instead of just admitting it.

tumblr_ljry6b0sTs1qixleeo1_500.gif

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No, you don't know what you're talking about. For someone who's allegedly played the MGS games dozens of times you sure as hell failed to follow the plot. I love the Metal Gear franchise. It's probably my favorite video game series. You should have never challenged us on our Metal Gear knowledge yet, despite how we both proved you WRONG you still will sit there and relentlessly play defense instead of just admitting it.

tumblr_ljry6b0sTs1qixleeo1_500.gif
Well i just leave you to your delusions and god-complex and let Kojima speak on the matter: http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=10279
But, hey you surely now better than him ;) Because nobody dares to question your opinion.
tumblr_lmyi9gc55G1qewiewo1_400.gif

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Delusions and god complex? Do you know what a god complex is?

And I know about what Kojima said but also Kojima said he wanted the Metal Gear lore to also be like a history book. To give it more substance and the thing is, there's a difference between a little minor inconsistency and what you were trying to tell us. Especially when we have yet to see what The Phantom Pain will give us. Acting like Vamp was somehow screwed up or Big Boss's story was also broken. We proved you wrong.

When talking about Big Boss's mechanical arm I'm guessing it has something to do with the Les Enfants Terribles project. Only Liquid was the one to ever really talk about the cloning process and hell, he was also led all his life to believe he was the inferior clone. We still don't know exactly how that went down and Big Boss's mechanical arm could have been used to clone Solid and Liquid.

Eli will definitely play a crucial role in that because it's obvious he's a younger Liquid Snake.

Yet you also clearly tried to act like DMC doesn't have a major inconsistency when everyone here is f#cking telling you how DMC 3 contradicts the entire f#cking original canon and even Kamiya, the creator of DMC, knows this.

He never planned on Vergil returning in a prequel because he specifically set up the whole f@cking twist that Vergil was Surprise! Nelo Angelo. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. You can even do simple freaking math and see that the timeline here doesn't match up.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Delusions and god complex? Do you know what a god complex is?

And I know about what Kojima said but also Kojima said he wanted the Metal Gear lore to also be like a history book. To give it more substance and the thing is, there's a difference between a little minor inconsistency and what you were trying to tell us. Especially when we have yet to see what The Phantom Pain will give us. Acting like Vamp was somehow screwed up or Big Boss's story was also broken. We proved you wrong.

When talking about Big Boss's mechanical arm I'm guessing it has something to do with the Les Enfants Terribles project. Only Liquid was the one to ever really talk about the cloning process and hell, he was also led all his life to believe he was the inferior clone. We still don't know exactly how that went down and Big Boss's mechanical arm could have been used to clone Solid and Liquid.

Eli will definitely play a crucial role in that because it's obvious he's a younger Liquid Snake.

Yet you also clearly tried to act like DMC doesn't have a major inconsistency when everyone here is f#cking telling you how DMC 3 contradicts the entire f#cking original canon and even Kamiya, the creator of DMC, knows this.

He never planned on Vergil returning in a prequel because he specifically set up the whole f@cking twist that Vergil was Surprise! Nelo Angelo. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. You can even do simple freaking math and see that the timeline here doesn't match up.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.383022-Hideo-Kojima-Isnt-Trying-to-Tell-a-Story
Story book? Seriously, i'm tired to as how you can'T accept nothing beside your narrow-minded vision. I just literally shown proof that Kojima don't cares for consistency and he LITERALLY tells story is inconsistent and he doesn't gives a damn about it. Seriously... I see no point to talk to person who tries to prove something that he doesn't has a slightest clue about it. So i just leave you to your kicking and swearing. ;)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You posted a forum. And of course Kojima has an a$$-backward outlook on his own games. He's the guy who created Metal Gear and is the king of people who can talk for hours and say NOTHING.

I mean, sure we can all analyze MGS for being the statement on post modernism as it is but, the overly long drawn out cutscenes and crap load of lore this franchise has isn't some kind of story?

Um, yea. I don't think so even if it's Kojima saying this weird sh!t. He's f#cking Hideo Kojima. For as much as I love the guy he's the guy who can write conversations between people that's like, totally not what actual human beings would say. Silly dribble.

Yes, I adore the MGS franchise. But, I also do know that it can be silly as f#ck. And Kojima himself also is just a creature and not a real person who doesn't know how to speak like areal human being sometimes.

I'm able to talk all kind of sh!t about it. We're talking about the story which still makes sense to everyone who follows it and you just not following it correctly which doesn't mean that it's messed up. IT JUST MEANS YOU CAN'T F#CKING PAY ATTENTION.

And the narrow minded one here is you. I'm not the one sitting here acting like the sh!tty DMC story and characters are something worthy of praise and it's some example of good writing. You are responding with your own stupid opinions that hold no merit against the rest of us that proved you wrong with evidence. But you're so dead set on believing that's the truth. And you hardly ever even stay on topic. Not to mention your use of words without knowing what they even freaking mean.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You posted a forum. And of course Kojima has an a$$-backward outlook on his own games. He's the guy who created Metal Gear and is the king of people who can talk for hours and say NOTHING.

I mean, sure we can all analyze MGS for being the statement on post modernism as it is but, the overly long drawn out cutscenes and crap load of lore this franchise has isn't some kind of story?

Um, yea. I don't think so even if it's Kojima saying this weird sh!t. He's f#cking Hideo Kojima. For as much as I love the guy he's the guy who can write conversations between people that's like, totally not what actual human beings would say. Silly dribble.

Yes, I adore the MGS franchise. But, I also do know that it can be silly as f#ck. And Kojima himself also is just a creature and not a real person who doesn't know how to speak like areal human being sometimes.

I'm able to talk all kind of sh!t about it. We're talking about the story which still makes sense to everyone who follows it and you just not following it correctly which doesn't mean that it's messed up. IT JUST MEANS YOU CAN'T F#CKING PAY ATTENTION.

And the narrow minded one here is you. I'm not the one sitting here acting like the sh!tty DMC story and characters are something worthy of praise and it's some example of good writing. You are responding with your own stupid opinions that hold no merit against the rest of us that proved you wrong with evidence. But you're so dead set on believing that's the truth. And you hardly ever even stay on topic. Not to mention your use of words without knowing what they even freaking mean.
Oh, god
jiFfM.jpg

Seriously. I don't think there is a cure to your overblown childish ego. No offense, but i don't think somebody with your quality has right to judge anything about story, simply because Kojima knows what he talks about, and you simply not on his level to judge wether it stupid, nonsense or anything else. I thought we finally finished it yesterday, yet your ego just won't allow you to chill and stop spamming this thread since i think your half-page nonsense only derail it farther.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom