• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lack Of Maturity Regarding Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
bobek388;275849 said:
What would you do if for example there would be a titanic film, in the first part there is shown a titanic and half of it's story, and in the second one you see destroyer named titanic that is attacking the enemy units and then get destroyed by a shoot? Would you say, whatever it's just a film?

From what u wrote I can see that u are just a casual player that doesn't give a **** about a storyline, characters and everything and only cares about gameplay.

Dude there is no reason to insult LoD like that...he didnt do or say anything to insult u.....and ur example about the titanic? yeah....it is just a movie...but it's a movie based on historical events.....and guess what? no matter how many times u make a movie about a historical event, u will never make it right.....now think about DMC...it's a fictional universe....i repeat...a FICTIONAL universe...it's made up....not real.....what if Bungie...or should i say Microsoft changed the look of Master Chief?....or if Sony changed Kratos?.....would it affect the amazingness of the series or character that much?...no.....it wouldn't....it's just a game

I would just like to add that i totally agree with LoD and i hope that the forums calm down just a little....for reals man...this place needs to chill

aka958

Don't trust people
GamblingGambitCloud;275870 said:
Dude there is no reason to insult LoD like that...he didnt do or say anything to insult u.....and ur example about the titanic? yeah....it is just a movie...but it's a movie based on historical events.....and guess what? no matter how many times u make a movie about a historical event, u will never make it right.....now think about DMC...it's a fictional universe....i repeat...a FICTIONAL universe...it's made up....not real.....what if Bungie...or should i say Microsoft changed the look of Master Chief?....or if Sony changed Kratos?.....would it affect the amazingness of the series or character that much?...no.....it wouldn't....it's just a game

I would just like to add that i totally agree with LoD and i hope that the forums calm down just a little....for reals man...this place needs to chill

Did you skip my post?

If they changed Master Chief the way they changed Dante wouldn't appeal so many of the fanbase. It would be sliced in half.

Dude, your siding against him. Don't do that, keep it proffesional and unbiased. Since this is a matter of opinions you can't counter him with opinions. If you think that changing a game wouldn't make a major impact and if a game is just a game, it is your opinion. I repeat, your opinion.

That dude had no right to insult LoD. But he brought up his opinions, in the wrong way but that is what he thinks. You could've just tell him to express his opinion in a proffesional manner instead of saying things like that. "It's just a game..." It is your opinion which you state as fact.

Everything is just something, but everyone prioritize it differently. Let them, okay?

Summary: If they express their opinions the wrong way, tell them that they are. Don't counter with your opinion in that way, it won't help since it could be offensive to those who thinks it's more than just a game for example.

Zato-OW

King
I probably won't be buying this game but I won't lash out about Dante and where this series is going. When I first watched the trailer I said "WOW..." then shrugged and said "I won't be getting this unless the game play is good" This series was going down hill after DMC3 anyway. First, the crap anime, then DMC4(gameplay was good but not as good as it should have been, the story was the real let down) and who can forget the DMC4 Manga... People need to remember that this is CAPCOM! They are known for doing this so just love it or hate and move along.

Remember what they did to Vergil when DMC4 was announced and EVERYONE asked Capcom was he going to be in it. They begged for him to be in it and what does Capcom do??? They kill him off completely. Then tried to push Dante aside for Nero to be the new hero.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
aka958;275874 said:
Did you skip my post?

If they changed Master Chief the way they changed Dante wouldn't appeal so many of the fanbase. It would be sliced in half.

Dude, your siding against him. Don't do that, keep it proffesional and unbiased. Since this is a matter of opinions you can't counter him with opinions. If you think that changing a game wouldn't make a major impact and if a game is just a game, it is your opinion. I repeat, your opinion.

That dude had no right to insult LoD. But he brought up his opinions, in the wrong way but that is what he thinks. You could've just tell him to express his opinion in a proffesional manner instead of saying things like that. "It's just a game..." It is your opinion which you state as fact.

Everything is just something, but everyone prioritize it differently. Let them, okay?

Summary: If they express their opinions the wrong way, tell them that they are. Don't counter with your opinion in that way, it won't help since it could be offensive to those who thinks it's more than just a game for example.

I agree with what you are saying...i shouldn't have said my opinion and said wat u said....but here is a huge question i direct to u.....and this isn't meant to sound offensive so im sorry if it does...but why is it that i just back up wat like three people above me said...including LoD, and its me who's being scolded for it? or how about how all the people who have stated their OPINIONS that are contrary....if this thread is as unbiased as you say, then all should be held accountable...not just me

aka958

Don't trust people
GamblingGambitCloud;275877 said:
I agree with what you are saying...i shouldn't have said my opinion and said wat u said....but here is a huge question i direct to u.....and this isn't meant to sound offensive so im sorry if it does...but why is it that i just back up wat like three people above me said...including LoD, and its me who's being scolded for it? or how about how all the people who have stated their OPINIONS that are contrary....if this thread is as unbiased as you say, then all should be held accountable...not just me

Tekken Force = Troll
No one says such short none contributing replies if it isn't a troll.

Cuervo = Couldn't see that much.
Nope, I'm honest to you. I thought that the comparison of Titanic was debatable but... I'm trying not going in to the minor stuff, I could tell you via VM's or PM's why if you'd like.

Silahsor = Just agreed to LoD, nothing I could say against. Plus, it's just opinion heavy, he doesn't state anything as fact. :p

Yeah, that's about it.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
aka958;275879 said:
Silahsor = Just agreed to LoD, nothing I could say against. Plus, it's just opinion heavy, he doesn't state anything as fact. :p

Facts were going to upset some people,so i stay out of facts...You know,i don't want to deal with a already ****ed off DEVIL MAY CRY fan. These guys are super dangerous ;)

ButterflyTwist

Well I am glad that there are people that are willing to look at DmC from a logical perspective. Some of the comments that are made on the Capcom Unity forums are almost surreal.

Awesome

Great post.
I just want to add up a little.

It doesn't really matter how Dante looks like, it's all about gameplay (because video games usually tend to have it). It is kinda sad that they are making a reboot to the story(insert very sad if they failed to find a solution for the loose ends), but this isn't a damn novel anyway. People, just try to imagine how many people would have played any game in DMC franchise if it offered no gameplay at all, i.e. none (And yes, I won't buy this game until I see reviews of it, even though everyone has his/her own viewpoint).I agree with you LoD, it's just that I like old looks of the game more(than what I've seen in DmC trailer). There is nothing wrong with that, I hope.

Oh by the way, + rep. :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
+rep. I will play the new game, enjoy it, and embrace it as a part of the series just as I did DMC2. I don't care if Capcom declares DMC2 non-canon. That'd be like saying the Metroid Prime games aren't canon.

All in all, this was a great effort, but there will always be people who will blindly hate something for no good reason. But I will stick to the saying "hope dies last", because it is indeed true.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't know if Capcom should have gone with the "get people talking" plan, because they underestimated how much of that talk would be (perhaps appropriately) negatively directed towards them.
Brainteaser: when has there ever been lasting positive talk directed toward Capcom regarding the DMC franchise? Fans have nicknamed them Cr@pcom long ago, so this really is no different.

Back on topic!

Vergil may even possibly return, with a bit of luck, and shut everyone up.
I read that out of context and it made me seriously :lol: XDDDDDDDD

Until then you may as well discuss what hair colour Nero will have if he is to return.
I'm thinking...red hair? XDDDDDDDD

I can't help but find the humour in all of this.^_^
I agree with everything you said 100% LoD. +Rep :)

Asmodaius

LordOfDarkness... Thank you ^^

I agree with you on this and I hope more of the negative fans will read this and consider your words, and in the end hopefully loosen up to the idea that these changes are acceptable.

moseslmpg

I think some of you are getting the wrong idea. Negativity cannot be equated with immaturity. The way that negativity is expressed can be mature or immature. Likewise, blind acceptance isn't mature, and the way positivity is expressed can go either way.

Chloe: You may have a point there, but before there was never this much of a uniform backlash against them, and they really have no one to blame but themselves this time. If they are going to make a huge change and then pretend it didn't happen, then it serves them right. They were called Crapcom because of DMC2 and DMC4 and just general weaksaucery, and now they have evolved into Failcom as I may have mentioned before, until further notice. Of course, I only mean the DMC section of the company as the other parts actually seem to be competent and intelligent.

Meg

moseslmpg;275962 said:
I think some of you are getting the wrong idea. Negativity cannot be equated with immaturity. The way that negativity is expressed can be mature or immature. Likewise, blind acceptance isn't mature, and the way positivity is expressed can go either way.

True. But you can't deny that there has been some really immature behavior on here lately.

Asmodaius

moseslmpg;275962 said:

I never stated that being negative is equal to being immature. However, I -was- stating that I hope what LordOfDarkness wrote would maybe change the many negative fans' point of view about DmC.

However, much of the negative content of the many threads and posts on this board have been immature. There have been negative posts on here though which have gotten me to understand why some fans dislike this reboot and those posts were not immaturily written.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I Must Say, As A Major DMC Fan, I Ain't Put Off By The New Trailer One Bit... The One Thing I Didn't Want Was Dante To Not Be In The Game - He Is, Or Some Incarnation Of Him... Love The White Hair Growing Over From The Back Of His Head... Nod To Old School Dante... And Everyone Hating On It, Hey, Who Knows... It Might Be AWESOME When It Finally Hits Stores... We've Seen Only A TINY Snippet Of The Game So Lets Just Wait And See Aye!

Vampi

Asmodaius;275982 said:
I never stated that being negative is equal to being immature. However, I -was- stating that I hope what LordOfDarkness wrote would maybe change the many negative fans' point of view about DmC.

However, much of the negative content of the many threads and posts on this board have been immature. There have been negative posts on here though which have gotten me to understand why some fans dislike this reboot and those posts were not immaturily written.

You have to view the oppositions view from their eyes a lil. No amount of convincing is going to make them like DMC until Capcom gives a valid reason on why Dante looks like this and why the story is yet again another prequel/reboot/spinoff/whatever. You have to give those fans sum time to adjust. They just got this shocking news not too long ago, the hype is gonna die down a bit because of the redundancy of everyone's negative outlook on it.

Its like if sumones puppy died, let's say a shih tzu. And you buy that person a pitball so they can get over the loss of the shih tzu. Yeah the pitball is a dog and such, but its not a shih tzu and most importantly its not the dog you just lost. You have to let that person grieve for awhile until they can heal from it. Maybe this is a bad analogy or not, but i hope you get what i'm trying to say.

I totally agree the overreaction of Dante's new look is totally immature, most especially in the Capcom Unity forums where every single new thread pops up only pertains to Dante's look alone. Its only once in awhile a thread pops up about the story or gameplay, but basically every thread is just about Dante's look.

The drama this game is getting is tiring and they should talk about sumthing else since every hater of this game looks like they read from the same script, they always say he's either "Emo, Twilight, meth addict, and Edward Cullen". Yeah he does look like sum of those things. But in reality we're just throwing words out because we're just as frustrated as everyone else.

I don't know if Dino is emo, though he does give that vibe a lil. I think he looks more emo then he's emotionally emo (emotionally emo connects more to Nero anyway) since we don't know how is personality is and we're just judging by body language and environment a lil.

Yeah he resembles the Twilight cast a lil, but emo culture has been in existance way before Twilight, with goth kids in school reading suicidal poetry and such.

Meth Addict, yeah he kinda looks like one. But sum guys are actually built the way Dino is and there not meth addicts.

Edward Cullen thing, Dino looks nothing like Edward Cullen/Robert Pattinson. He looks like Jonathan Rhys Meyers, whose an accomplished actor and model (yes you heard right, Dino might have sum model looks underneath all that dirt and grime). Also Jonathan is an alcoholic and was raised in a very tough childhood in Ireland. Sounds like Ninja Theory took sum of JRM's real life dilemma sumwhat and kinda reflected them physically on Dino. I'm not saying Dino is going to be an alcoholic, but he does look like he has sum inner demons or trauma to resolve.

I think everyone throws the Twilight thing on any androgynous looking male. Especially since Capcom made Nero to cater to the female demographic. Nero is more Twilight then Dino so far.

All i say is, don't force your views so much on the fans who don't quickly support the new DMC. You have to respect them a lil since they just found out the character that they've known for 9 years looks drastically different looks and maybe personality wise.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Negativity isn't immature, to say that someone isn't mature through personal opinion and response... Well, I don't know what it is.
It's already been said in the posts above clearly.

If the negativity can be fueled through a reasonable answer to WHY there is negativity then you've given a perfect response.

Sure, some people just bash DINO, others do with perfect reason.
To say that its not mature, well, it's opinion.
You're on a forum, in the end you'll have to deal with it.

Just as the "immature" have to deal with threads being put up because other people cannot take their negativity.

I wouldn't call it immature entirely, though I'm sure there were a few "literal" immature posts.
I do like the thread for addressing the matter, now we can all debate. :)
I personally, am not biased on the matter.

"I just don't like you, that's all."

Asmodaius

And LordOfDarkness addressed his opinion. I simply agree with it.
But why the whole analyzation of the words 'immature' and 'negativity'?

Again, I never claimed that the two were equal to one another, nor did anyone else. As you said, Acedia, it's an opinion.

Personally, I am supportive of Capcom together with Ninja Theory is making this reboot, doing these changes, and all I hope is that more people will become more supportive over time. I am not demanding that people will accept this right here and now.

I disagree with Vampi though on the matter of "it's like losing a pet". A pet is a living being which you bond with and get a personal relationship with... Dante is a virtual character, not a living being. If someone were to feel like they have such a relationship with Dante, then honestly, I'd think that would be a bit creepy. As said many times before - it's just a video game.

I see a bit of the same reaction with fans of a book which becomes a movie. We can take Twilight as an example, just because it has been mentioned. Some of the fans who read the books have recieved the movies with extreme negativity, because they had to do some changes and the actors who play the different characters aren't like they had imagined them to be, and so they start to rant about how much they hate it and how bad the movies are compared to the books - when all in all, the movies are actually rather good (some would say). Someone who may have never read the books could go and enjoy the movie without the same sky-high expectations or prejudice as those who had read the books, because the movie in itself is well-made and tells a good story.
Do you get what I'm trying to say here, or is it all just gibberish to you guys?

Anyways, I can understand that it takes time for people to come and accept this new Devil May Cry and this new Dante character, because it is different from what they know. But the main topic of this thread is how people reacted and started being immature about it, instead of just taking a deep breath and think "alright, let's see where they are going with this"...

Vampi

Just because Dante isn't a real being in our world doesn't mean we don't have a connection with him. Loyal fans have been with him through the ups and downs of his virtual life for 9 years. And to all of a sudden stop since Capcom didn't know what the hell to do with the series without giving the series a good ending is just rude and careless. You would think that they would give a final farewell or a sendoff to the characters, but no. Instead they give us an unnecessary reboot out of nowhere and they expect us to welcome it with open arms, no questions ask. I don't think so, it doesn't work that way.

We've suffered through Nero, since he wasn't a re-imaging of an existing character. But to make the things Dante had that were unique obsolete, that's just an idiotic move. Why should we give this game a chance? Most importantly, why should we approach this game as DMC when its lacking the traits that identifies a DMC game?

Guess what? The books are the literal vision of the creator of the series. Movies tend to change alot of what make the series special for the readers, especially of a book series. Since Director's are quite stubborn and have different points of view of the book series more then the creator. Director's have more power over the license of the book then the creator himself. Since the creator gave permission for only the name and characters. Doesn't really mean anything, the director can miss the mark entirely on the creator's vision. So yea sum people might like the movies for different reasons, but mostly those people view it as a movie, not as a book series. The book series give more detail then what a movie ever will in 2 hours. Its only on those rare occasions when a movie is better then its book source or actually faithful to its booksource.

Sum people who are not into this DMC game are thinking of question like, Why should i give this game a chance? Why should i approach this as DMC? They might as well approach Enslaved or Bayonetta as DMC. We know Bayo and Enslaved aren't DMC, and since this new DMC barely looks identifiable to a regular DMC game, why should they approach it as the DMC game that they knew? Just because Capcom said so and just threw in the DMC name to garner attention? It doesn't work that way either. Like i've said in another post, i have a great puzzle game called DMC and its sponsored by Capcom, does that make it truly DMC?

Sum people even if you give them time might not get over it. And that's fine, that's there decision and we have to respect that. But forcing your views on them just because they go against what you think isn't right. They have just as much a right not to like the new DMC as much as you have a right to like the new DMC series. Whether you give them time or not.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
DmC, (Devil May Cry) is an upcoming action game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Capcom for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game is the fifth installment to the Devil May Cry series serves as a reboot/re-imagining of the series, with a new version of the Dante character. As initial fan reaction to the teaser has been quite negative, Capcom issued a statement clarifing that this game takes place in a different universe, as it is being developed by a different developer from previous titles of the franchise, and will not affect any story elements already established by the classic series.

- This is from the Devil May Cry Wiki, not sure if this has been posted, but it appears as if this game is not connected to the original series and doesn't affect it... not sure what this means as to getting a proper sequel to the previous games but it is just a bit more info for you guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom