• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lack Of Maturity Regarding Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So about a week ago, I was unaware of the Devil May Cry Series Reboot coming into place, like the rest of us were. And I was just going about my every day business. I thought I would hop onto this site, to chat to friends and partake in a bit of harmless posting. Suddenly I am seeing threads with several comments in them, bashing the idea of the now named DmC.

Comments such as.

“New Dante looks like a drug addict”
“Where is Nero?”
“Capcom, why have you done this to me?”
“It’s Devil May Cry, the M isn’t lower case”

Blah blah blah…

Anyway, at the end of the day, I have an ultimate fact for all of you. It’s a video-game. That’s probably one of the biggest used phrases when it comes to mindless discussions about these gaming series. It’s a video-game. Dante isn’t real, he is a character. He’s the same as Bugs Bunny, or Neo from the Matrix, or Snap, Crackle and Pop. He’s a character, that is fictional. His reality is based virtually. And the biggest line I draw upon is this.

At the end of the day, where is the problem with the new DmC? Yes, it may be a ‘Reboot’ to the Devil May Cry Series, but where is the harm in that?

Was it because they changed Dante’s image? Mentioned nothing about characters such as Nero returning? Changed the style of how the game originally was? Or was it for all of these reasons that most of us are jumping out of our seats and screaming “I will not accept this, not to my DMC that I know and love!”… Seriously, grow up. This is the most immature thing I have ever seen. People are saying things like this every single day; in the life I live, like the rest of us do. That something changes, it is instantly wrong. That we can’t just accept and embrace change. This is so silly, it’s unreal.

Dante has black hair now, big difference. So he dyed his hair colour, what a shame. I think I may go and cry in my bedroom, with the door locked.

See, when I am mentioning problems that some of us have with the new style and image of DmC, I am saying silly comments. This is pointing out how immature some of us are stooping.

Ultimately, it isn’t here, yet. I haven’t played it, nobody has. So it may just blow your mind away. Killing demons may be more stylish and better than ever. Vergil may even possibly return, with a bit of luck, and shut everyone up. And Nero, who knows, may be in it later in the game. He might be a fully playable character, and we can learn more about him and do better moves. Who knows? And personally, who cares? It’s just a game. It won’t kill you if they make a few changes. I would of understood if they had called it “That Game Where A Demon Kills Other Demons”, and called the guy another name besides Dante. But his name is Dante, and he kills demons. How is that any different than how Devil May Cry was before? It isn’t. They probably just want to start the story off again, because they can’t tie up loose ends and give us the ending we want. So they give us a new beginning, that most of us don’t want. When they said they wanted to make us all happy, they knew they couldn’t achieve that. Their promise was a lie, and the 'disappointment' they bring us is entirely our own fault for being so demanding.

We want this game to be what we ‘deserve’. Then they try a new approach, and we hate the entire series. Whether DmC is different entirely, I will always love Devil May Cry 1 - 4. And I may still even like DmC. So just give it a chance. Stop with the narrow minded comments and bickering, and accept at the end of the day, it’s just a video-game we waste hours on when we have nothing else to do.

If you want entertainment, do millions of other things. DMC changing isn’t the end of the World or the franchise, just a new look. It’s only dying because we let it. If you’ve made your mind up, fine, but stop going on about it. If you like it, great, wait until you buy it. Until then you may as well discuss what hair colour Nero will have if he is to return. And in the meantime play another game on whatever console you own, and give this place a break from ridiculous comments.

An Admin leaving here because of pointless messages regarding this is disgraceful. And we should be ashamed to of let that happen. This place is getting more and more worse by these events, and I don’t want to watch it happen any more.

Give it a rest, for love of this website, and everyone’s sanity. It’s JUST a game.

~LoD

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
^Amen to that. Hope you newcomers that just join up to bash about DmC and any other members will read this and please, be mature, accept that everyone has different opinions, it is just a video game and this forum is not a place to contain your rages.

If you like DmC, you may continue to post in this discussion board. If not, don't bother posting in this forum just to vent your anger. As like LordOfDarkness said, Angel (admin) left this forum due to immature behaviour shown in this board.

The last thing we need is to have this forum to be shut down just because of immature behaviour.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chaos Master;275793 said:
^Amen to that. Hope you newcomers that just join up to bash about DmC and any other members will read this and please, be mature, accept that everyone has different opinions, it is just a video game and this forum is not a place to contain your rages.

If you like DmC, you may continue to post in this discussion board. If not, don't bother posting in this forum just to vent your anger. As like LordOfDarkness said, Angel (admin) left this forum due to immature behaviour shown in this board.

The last thing we need is to have this forum to be shut down just because of immature behaviour.

^ Great points Chaos Master ^^

The Forums are set about here to 'discuss' and 'debate' different theories or known facts about the Devil May Cry Series. As an oppose to just flaming and trolling with ignorant comments, blatantly disregarding other people's views and feelings concerning the 'Reboot' to the DMC Franchise.

Angel was a very highly respected Admin, and very much loved and admired by long time members on this Board, and members in general. And it's very upsetting to see her leave after demoting herself as a result of people's selfishness and immaturity.

We can all agree this is wrong, and we need to show less signs of things like this happening. If we are going to get better here and start to make a change, to bring this place back to how it once originally was.

Meg

Bravo, LoD, I agree completely. I really hope everyone here takes this to heart because some of us really need to.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks for that LoD it's a shame it's come to this!

*Goes to her room to continue crying about Dante's hair colour* - just kidding.....really I'm not that sad! And certainly not sad enough to whine on about it here!

It won't stop the ignorant n00bs tho. Will they even read this? A lot of discussion is just ranting and not really listening.

moseslmpg

While I don't agree with the basis of your post ("it's just a game" Everything is just everything, nothing as inherent meaning, but that's irrelevant), I do agree with the sentiment somewhat. I can understand and condone some level of outrage at DINO, but some people have gone overboard. This is especially the case at the Capcom Unity forums. I think if they had released more info, they could have controlled the backlash a little, but that was their decision.

Still, I feel it is a slippery slope to ask fans to disengage from a series they have loved for 9 years on the basis that it is "just" a game, because for some people it is more than that. This is not some minor change that should be accepted instantly, and it is understandable it would cause some turmoil. Maturity doesn't mean just accepting things as they are no matter what happens. And you are basing your acceptance on the hope that it will be like the DMC we know, which is an unfounded notion at the moment. If you want to wait it out, fine, but just don't go around saying it is exactly like the real DMC because it isn't. These apologetics may be useful, but they are invalid IMO.

Anyway, I can't believe Angel left though. I didn't see anything really bad going on except a few redundant threads.

Edit: How do we know Angel left? I don't see any announcement.

Dark Drakan

Admin
moseslmpg;275822 said:
While I don't agree with the basis of your post ("it's just a game" Everything is just everything, nothing as inherent meaning, but that's irrelevant), I do agree with the sentiment somewhat. I can understand and condone some level of outrage at DINO, but some people have gone overboard. This is especially the case at the Capcom Unity forums. I think if they had released more info, they could have controlled the backlash a little, but that was their decision.

Got people talking though didnt it and now even people who dont play DMC (me) have heard all about this new title. There is plenty of time to incorporate new ideas and change things to please the wider audience. So by the time it comes out some people who dont like look of it now may still end up purchasing it when they learn more about it.

moseslmpg;275822 said:
Edit: How do we know Angel left? I don't see any announcement.

She stripped her own Admin status, stripped her profile and told the staff in the staff section. Also she mentioned it in Visitor Messages and said she wouldnt announce it or make a big deal of it because we are sick of seeing those pity parade threads too.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Whatever happens at Capcom Unity, should stay at capcom unity. (I will admit that I'm not a big fan of that site.)
I don't see why it should spill over to other forums.

At the end of the day it IS JUST A GAME.
Capcom are prolific for treating their fans like dirt. They've just carried it on into the DMC series.

moseslmpg

Dark Drakan;275830 said:
Got people talking though didnt it and now even people who dont play DMC (me) have heard all about this new title. There is plenty of time to incorporate new ideas and change things to please the wider audience. So by the time it comes out some people who dont like look of it now may still end up purchasing it when they learn more about it.
I'm one of the people who think that not all publicity is good publicity. AND honestly, anyone who wasn't already related to DMC in some way won't really be intrigued by this just because of how little they showed. There are a lot of action games coming out soon and unless they release some reassuring info soon, DINO will just get lost in the crowd precisely because it lacks the uniqueness DMC used to have.

I'm not one of these people who are talking about boycotts, as I think that is ridiculous and irrational, but I'm just not treating it as a DMC game; it will have to impress me on its own merits against the merits of Castlevania, NG3, Knight's Contract, Asura's Wrath, etc.

I don't know if Capcom should have gone with the "get people talking" plan, because they underestimated how much of that talk would be (perhaps appropriately) negatively directed towards them.

Anyway, that is a shame about Angel but I can understand it. If I wasn't a DMC fan, I wouldn't put up with their crap either. That's probably why Capcom doesn't give a hoot either.

aka958

Don't trust people
LordOfDarkness;275792 said:
So about a week ago, I was unaware of the Devil May Cry Series Reboot coming into place, like the rest of us were. And I was just going about my every day business. I thought I would hop onto this site, to chat to friends and partake in a bit of harmless posting. Suddenly I am seeing threads with several comments in them, bashing the idea the now named DmC.

Comments such as.

“New Dante looks like a drug addict”
“Where is Nero?”
“Capcom, why have you done this to me?”
“It’s Devil May Cry, the M isn’t lower case”

Blah blah blah…

Anyway, at the end of the day, I have an ultimate fact for all of you. It’s a videogame. That’s probably one the biggest used phrases when it comes to mindless discussions about these gaming series. It’s a videogame. Dante isn’t real, he is a character. He’s the same as Bugs Bunny, or Neo from the Matrix, or Snap, Crackle and Pop. He’s a character, that is fictional. His reality is based virtually. And the biggest line I draw upon is this.

At the end of the day, where is the problem with the new DmC? Yes, it may be a ‘Reboot’ to the Devil May Cry Series, but where is the harm in that?

Was it because they changed Dante’s image? Mentioned nothing about characters such as Nero returning? Changed the style of how the game original was? Or was it for all of these reasons that most of us are jumping out of our seats and screaming “I will not accept this, not to my DMC that I know and love!”… Seriously, grow up. This is the most immature thing I have ever seen. People are saying things like this every single day; in the life I live, like the rest of us do. That something changes, it is instantly wrong. That we can’t just accept and embrace change. This is so silly, it’s unreal.

Dante has black hair now, big difference. So he dyed his hair colour, what a shame. I think I may go and cry in my bedroom, with the door locked.

See, when I am mentioning problems that some of us have with the new style and image of DmC, I am saying silly comments. This is pointing out how immature some of us are stooping.

Ultimately, it isn’t here, yet. I haven’t played it, nobody has. So it may just blow your mind away. Killing demons may be more stylish and better than ever. Vergil may even possibly return, with a bit of luck, and shut everyone up. And Nero, who knows, may be in it later in the game. He might be a fully playable character, and we can learn more about him and do better moves. Who knows? And personally, who cares? It’s just a game. It won’t kill you if they make a few changes. I would of understood if they had called it “That Game Where A Demon Kills Demons”, and called the guy another name besides Dante. But his name is Dante, and he kills demons. How is that any different than how Devil May Cry was before? It isn’t. They probably just want to start the story off again, because they can’t tie up loose ends and give us the ending we want. So they give us a new beginning, that most of us don’t want. When they said they wanted to make us all happy, they knew they couldn’t achieve that. Their promise was a lie, and the disappoint they bring us is entirely our own fault for being so demanding.

We want this game to be what we ‘deserve’. Then they try a new approach, and we hate the entire series. Whether DmC is different entirely, I will always love Devil May Cry 1 - 4. And I may still even like DmC. So just give it a chance. Stop with the narrow minded comments and bickering, and accept at the end of the day, it’s just a videogame we waste hours on when we have nothing else to do.

If you want entertainment, do millions of other things. DMC changing isn’t the end of the World or the franchise, just a new look. It’s only dying because we let it. If you’ve made your mind up, fine, but stop going on about it. If you like it, great, wait until you buy it. Until then you may as well discuss what hair colour Nero will have if he is to return. And in the meantime play another game on whatever console you own, and give this place a break from ridiculous comments.

An Admin leaving here because of pointless messages regarding this is disgraceful. And we should be ashamed to of let that happen. This place is getting more and more worse by these events, and I don’t want to watch it happen any more.

Give it a rest, for love of this website, and everyone’s sanity. It’s JUST a game.

~LoD

You said it LoD. People are acting really disgraceful on here about the DmC reboot.

But surely it is more than a videogame to some? I mean seriously, if your favorite candy bar always was chocolate flavored and then they change it to orange which is a flavor you like but it isn't that flavor you loved so much, wouldn't you be disappointed?
Don't say it's just a videogame, to some it means something. If you catch a real interest in something, you really hold on to it. I mean, that isn't the Dante we've been longing for, nor the DMC sequel we all been hoping for in over two years. Think to long for something that long and then get something else. Like waiting to get lego but you got an action figure. I'm not saying it's that different since I haven't seen the gameplay, but everything kinda suggest that way.

What I'm saying is, you all can be sad about it. But dammit stop whining about it and trash others for liking it! Be disappointed, but not in a way to provoke others.

The same goes for those who are hyped about this game, don't trash others because they don't like it! Don't tell them they are hypocrites because they whine about it!

What I'm saying is, let the whiners whine and let the anticipaters anticipate.

Don't like the game? Don't talk about it with someone who do like it. If you can't prevent yourself to flame each others. Talk about it to those who don't like it and you'll get along much better.

You do like the game? Don't talk about it with someone who don't like it if you can't prevent yourself to flame each others. Talk about it who do like it and you'll get along much better.

That's all I have to say. ^_^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
aka958;275844 said:
Don't tell them they are hypocrites because they whine about it!

Off topic: Not really what really what i meant when i used that word.

We say about here, but what about maturity in other areas of the forum?
There is always a risk that what happens here will spill over.

Anyway, looking forward to the next piece of info on the game... not looking forward to the hell it'll cause

bobek388

Bobek388
Wow you guys are weird, in one forum u are saying how much u are disappointed with that new DMC and in this one u're saying that he is right and finally someone said something normal, WTF is wrong with u people?

Yeah of course this is just a game, film is just a film, human is just a human.

What would you do if for example there would be a titanic film, in the first part there is shown a titanic and half of it's story, and in the second one you see destroyer named titanic that is attacking the enemy units and then get destroyed by a shoot? Would you say, whatever it's just a film?

From what u wrote I can see that u are just a casual player that doesn't give a **** about a storyline, characters and everything and only cares about gameplay.

Yes we didn't play it yet and we can't judge it totally.
But already we have seen different atmosphere, different world, laboratories instead of DMC places and different character named Dante, and that's enough for me to judge it, if they want a new game why do they call it DMC.
And if fans won't do anything fast, but will wait for the release to see if it's good, they won't have real dante, good old atmosphere, continued story, but they will get this crap.

Tekken Force

Ok IDK what exactly happened to make someone leave, but you have to admit though some of the reaction was inevitable, I mean what were you expecting, that no one would make a single joke about junkies, meth, emo etc?

Cuervo

bobek388;275849 said:
Wow you guys are weird, in one forum u are saying how much u are disappointed with that new DMC and in this one u're saying that he is right and finally someone said something normal, WTF is wrong with u people?

People have warmed up to the new Dante, I guess. I liked him from the beginning I guess.

What would you do if for example there would be a titanic film, in the first part there is shown a titanic and half of it's story, and in the second one you see destroyer named titanic that is attacking the enemy units and then get destroyed by a shoot? Would you say, whatever it's just a film?

It might be a bad film, but I wouldn't rage about it online. I've seen many a horrible bad film that had injustice to a prior film in the series, but so what? I deal with it and move on. And comparing the falsification of a tragic historical event pales in comparison to the change of a character's image in this manner. At least to me it does.

From what u wrote I can see that u are just a casual player that doesn't give a **** about a storyline, characters and everything and only cares about gameplay.

Now you're just throwing insults and making ignorant, nearsighted assumptions.

Yes we didn't play it yet and we can't judge it totally.But already we have seen different atmosphere, different world, laboratories instead of DMC places and different character named Dante, and that's enough for me to judge it, if they want a new game why do they call it DMC.
And if fans won't do anything fast, but will wait for the release to see if it's good, they won't have real dante, good old atmosphere, continued story, but they will get this crap.

That sentence pretty much nullifies the rest of your argument. People simply aren't giving the game a chance, and have become so unfair to Ninja Theory, who is trying to create their own vision. Once again, another near-sighted perspective. It's all about maturity and patience, IMO.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
This forum really needed some kind of post like that and you posted it just about time.You made a really good point.

At the first day most of us was really upset but in following days some guys makes this change a really big deal and so thre was a lot of trashy posts all over the forum.What is the point of saying that "This game is f***ed up" over and over again.You say it once and that's it.And there is lots of argument whiches are no sense at all.

Thanks for that post again,hope people listen these advices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom