• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kong: Skull Island

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Yes Chanzy, we get it, you're sick of Batman, you've gone on about it like a dozen times...atleast.

I really don't need Godzilla vs. King Kong though. Just make a sequel to the 2014 film already and give me my Ghidorah.
Now THIS I will give you a like for, bring on the 500 foot three-headed dragon.
Sadly though, the film's been pushed back a year, and Gareth Edwards left the project.
I'm a bit disappointed, I just hope they get someone who loves Godzilla as much as Gareth did.
Hoping for Guillermo Del Toro personally, maybe JJ Abrams, or Joss Whedon, Christopher Nolan would be good if they wanna keep the same grounded tone, that being said, not sure if he'd be interested in working with a giant cg monster.
Just please please please please please please please please please *a billion 'pleases' later* please please please please....please please....please please please please please.....PLEASE......Don't get Michael Bay

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
That's because you aren't a fan, nor keep up with Superman. If you ask me, I think it's easier to relate to Superman than Batsy because despite being an alien, he still shows more humanity than Bats for the most part. He's just a man, albeit super.

Batman getting so much attention is unfair because they have made him one of the most uninteresting DC heroes ever. The last time Batman has been interesting was in the Animated series, some Grant Morrison comics, and believe it or not LEGO Batman.

It's both awesome and a shame that LEGO Batman is more interesting than the contemporary Batman of the comics. He's a parody of the dark and gritty stereotype the character has basically coined, but at the same time his own character with a fun personality.

Batman doesn't deserve the attention he gets.

It's because Batman IS human, Superman is not, regardless of how hard he tries to be, same reason why so many girls love and adore Harley Quinn instead of Wonder Woman who is a WAY better role model for girls, but no, the mentally damaged girl who keeps running back to an abusive relationship is the one all the girls look up to and like to be nowadays, cause Wonder Woman isn't human, she's not relatable, WW is an all perfect super Amazon and Harley is a normal human being.

True I'm not the biggest fan of Batman, Superman, Kong or even Godzilla, but that's the thing, I, like the general audience who doesn't know those characters as much, I lean towards the ones easier to relate to.
Batman is obvious but I like Kong better cause he's easier to understand and root for.
(Also I'll never know about the LEGO Batman cause I stopped watching the Lego movie halfway through that f**king "Everything is Awesome" song, I couldn't take the cringe.)

Cause of the little info I know about Kong and Godzilla from seeing only a few of their movies, Kong is more relateable and easier to understand while Godzilla is an unstoppable ultra badass.
From Jackson's movie, Kong showed way more expressive looks and such thanks to Serkis' performance, while Godzilla was limited to his stares, his almighty roar and his attacks which all said the same "I'm motherf**king Godzilla b***h!!!" expression.

I agree with what @Foxtrot94 said here:
Plus I also prefer Kong cause he comes across as a badass more expressively, cause you know, being a gorilla he's capable of that. I mean, whereas Godzilla's most iconic depiction is just him walking slowly and shooting his lazor, Kong smashing a VRex's jaw and roaring his dominance as the King of the island bumping his chest stood out more for me.

dz8bag.png

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@xMobilemux
Most likely Kong in this movie will be mocapped, and I wonder if whoever will do the mocap for him will be as dedicated as Serkis. Guy studied actual mountain gorillas' behavior to portray Kong best he could. The result was astonishingly believable.

Of course, having Serkis again would be perfect.

@AgentRedgrave
You know what's funny, Peter Jackson said he'd be down with Del Toro to direct this movie.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Pete...-Toro-King-Kong-Movie-Skull-Island-66546.html

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
The Mo cap actor is Terry Notary, who worked on a bunch of the newer Planet of the Apes movies so I'd say Kong's in good hands.

What I'm wondering right now is, what is going to be the "opponent" in Skull Island that sets Kong up for his showdown with Godzilla, seeing Kong take on 3 Rexes rocked hard enough to register on the f**king Richter scale but this new big Kong, what could stand toe to toe with him in this movie to make us believe he'll stand a chance against Godzilla?

I mean Godzilla took on 2 Mutos in his movie so Kong will need something equal or greater to show that Godzilla will have a fight on his hands.

I don't know if I could take Skull Island seriously if we a T Rex that was Kong's size lol.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
That's the sh*tty effects of censorship, you begin to self censor yourself when it's not even needed, just ask Capcom.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
As a person who absolutely adores both the Godzilla and King Kong franchises, and really enjoyed Legendary's take on the former, I'm really excited for this!

Kong looks amazingly badass and primal, and it seems like they've done a pretty good job at beefing him up for this film.
I was actually quite worried for a while about how they would size him up, but I think they've done a good job.
(Though he still seems a tad bit small compared to Legendary's Godzilla)

Having Samuel L. Jackson and Tom Hiddleston in the film is also a really nice bonus, though I can definitely see Jackson's character dying at some point.
(Something not quite so uncommon for the man in a lot of films he's been in lol)

Now though I'm pretty sure that I'll really like this take on Kong, I'm still quite certain that it won't be able to top the original '33 film or Peter Jackson's take on the beast for that matter.
However, I'm okay with that because it's not really meant to be a remake of the original film like Jackson's film was.

(I was incorrect on the part below, disregard)
I'd also like to point out that this movie was in production before they decided to have a Godzilla and King Kong crossover, so the film probably isn't going to simply feel like a prologue to Godzilla vs King Kong and nothing more.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I'd also like to point out that this movie was in production before they decided to have Godzilla and King Kong crossover
It was announced before, but Production began after Godzilla vs King Kong was announced.
There's a big difference between production and pre-production

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
It was announced before, but Production began after Godzilla vs King Kong was announced.
There's a big difference between production and pre-production

Ah, my mistake. lol

Still, I really don't think that this will simply be just a prologue to Godzilla vs King Kong.

Obviously Monarch will be involved to some extent (Or at least referenced), but the movie itself takes place in the 70's iirc.
(Which is around 40 years before Godzilla 2014)
I imagine that there will be just enough to say; "Yeah, these two films take place in the same universe"

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: Nothing against your points, but discussing Batman isn't the point of this thread. Please can we keep discussions like this out of the topic.

@xMobilemux: Could you please tone down the swearing. I don't mind you doing it, but it seems to be in every post you make and you don't take care to censor the word except for just one letter. I'm just asking for you to not do it as excessively, and to try to cover up more of the words. It's called a swear filter for a reason.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So, here's the second trailer.

Things I like:

- Kong's face. Didn't convince me when I saw that screenshot, but in motion, I like it. Looks badass, does it for me.

- The island. They need to portray it as the extremely dangerous place it needs to be. And looks like they're doing just that.

What I didn't like:

- Kong is bipedal. Okay, they managed to not make it look ridiculous, but for me, Kong will always be the most badass when he's mostly on his fours. Like a real gorilla. Like in the 2005 movie.

- The humor. I think there's too much of it. I get it, this is not the original Kong story yet again, so it doesn't need to be a drama or anything, but I think this movie should be more creepy and with a more eerie atmosphere. Which kinda looked like it in the first trailer now that I think about it. I don't know, maybe they just decided to publish a trailer with a different tone, trying to please the people who want some more fun too. Either way, I sincerely hope the movie won't overdo it with the humor.

Top Bottom