• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Meg

@The Good Gentleman

I appreciate that you think Kingdom Heart's story is a steaming pile of crap (because it is), but could you please reel it in a bit? There's no reason for you to go on such a huge, profanity filled rant about it. We have a ranting thinking thread for that.

Thanks to everyone keeping things civil and not resorting to personal insults. Carry on. :thumbsup:

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
@The Good Gentleman

I appreciate that you think Kingdom Heart's story is a steaming pile of crap (because it is), but could you please reel it in a bit? There's no reason for you to go on such a huge, profanity filled rant about it. We have a ranting thinking thread for that.

No can do. I just made an extremely livid post in the ranting thread, and making another one so soon all about Kingdom Hearts will just make me come across as an angry person.

I'm actually very happy and upbeat. :)

a0UBdcb.jpg

Meg

No can do. I just made an extremely livid post in the ranting thread, and making another one so soon all about Kingdom Hearts will just make me come across as an angry person.

I'm actually very happy and upbeat. :)

a0UBdcb.jpg
Either you missed my point entirely, or you knew exactly what I meant and are now acting smug about it because of reasons I do not get.

Either way, enough. Every time a staff member says anything to you, you have to offer some level of push back. Just take the slap on the wrist like an adult and move on.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
You say "every time a staff member", when you are the only one who does that. You actively look for reasons - scan for them, no matter how irrelevant or even non-existant, to try and assert your authority. Like, say, you wholly realizing I was just being snarky and submissive, and attempting to twist that into something you can chastise me with. I'd like to say that you're victimizing me, but I've seen you pull this **** a few times now with others. And in this instance, it's hilariously transparent. Which just so happens to give me a chance to be fully transparent with you.

So, here it goes. Some tough love. Are you ready? Okay. I couldn't give an ass' rats, rat's ass, two ****s, or five ****s that you're the moderator of a Devil May Cry forum community with less than 20 active members. If I make trouble, I'll remedy it. If I offend someone, I'll apologize for it. And I never go out of my way to start things. But if you antagonize me, I will give you that level of push back which you aren't a particular fan of. And I'm just assuming that here. It could be that you really are just looking for reasons to cause drama. Unfortunately, I ain't a big fan of those games.

So, I guess my advice is, if you get ensnared by temptation, just move on. Like an adult. Now then, I think this thread's been derailed enough. If you want to talk about Kingdom Hearts, I imagine it's a fully welcoming topic. But if not, sod off.

Meg

The fact that you, a member the entire staff has been watching closely, is so easily p*ssed off at me means I'm doing my job right. You can flex your muscles all you want, doesn't change the fact you get this aggressive over a mod on a med-sized DMC forum just trying to do her job to the best of her ability. Take another warning point. And since I don't trust you to drop it, I'm banning you from the thread for the next two days.

Seriously. :rolleyes:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
LOL "The Good Gentleman". Right. Maybe I should change my name to "The Non-Violent Predator".

Anyway, I know lots of people will now look at me like, "WTF?!!?!", but I've never ever in my life played a KH game. I'm kinda curious to check what the fuss is all about so I was wondering the classic question a non fan asks when he wants to jump in an unknown franchise: is this a good starting point?

Since I hear the story is messy, is this a DMC kinda situation, where later chapters are prequels, previous chapters are sequels, and so on? Where does this game place itself in the timeline?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Anyway, I know lots of people will now look at me like, "WTF?!!?!", but I've never ever in my life played a KH game. I'm kinda curious to check what the fuss is all about so I was wondering the classic question a non fan asks when he wants to jump in an unknown franchise: is this a good starting point?

Since I hear the story is messy, is this a DMC kinda situation, where later chapters are prequels, previous chapters are sequels, and so on? Where does this game place itself in the timeline?

You should really start from the first game or you'll be lost, the timeline so far is:

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts Days (cannot remember the full title atm)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (I believe it'll be somewhere in between though)
Kingdom Hearts 3

But the reason I recommend starting with the 1st is because of a) the gameplay, as it's Kingdom Hearts in it's most basic form and you'll be missing a lot of stuff from later games if you skip it and b) it's the start of Soras story.

The order I'd recommend to play them is:

Kingdom Hearts 1
Chain of Memories (either the GBA one or the PS2/3 version)
Days (or simply watch the story online as it's not really as good in the gameplay department in my opinion)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Birth by Sleep
Dream Drop Distance

I think that way you get the questions first and then the answers. It might be a good idea to look at the Days game after playing Kingdom Hearts 2 because it reveals some story informations to that game).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
LOL "The Good Gentleman". Right. Maybe I should change my name to "The Non-Violent Predator".

I'm sorry, but was this really necessary? It might seem like a funny joke to you, but there's a possible chance that The Good Gentleman might think otherwise when he's allowed to come back in here and post. Now, I'm not saying that it's in his nature to start arguments or anything of the like. But when the situation has just started to die down then there's no real need to strike the fuse with a match and make things problematic again. Long story short, this wasn't called for. Please kindly refrain from doing it again. Thankyou.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Pretty much what others told. Thing is Birth by Sleep reveals completely new details about lore of the franchise. 2.8 connects this new details to the KH3, aka direct sequel of previous titles.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium

The h.d remixes for the ps3 (1.5, 2.5) collected most of them and put them in playing order and sequential order for your convenience so definitely check those out.

On topic, I'm neutral on 2.8 because I rather just have KH3 come out al ready. I'm curious about the Aqua segment even if a portion with Young Xehanort would have been just as good.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
They announced a 1.5+2.5 bundle for the ps4 which im more likely to get since i sold my ps3 and never got a chance to play 1.5 or 2.5

The problem with 2.8 is it doesnt have enough bang fot its buck since im not a fan of DDD and the cutscenes coukd be watched on YouTube.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
They announced a 1.5+2.5 bundle for the ps4 which im more likely to get since i sold my ps3 and never got a chance to play 1.5 or 2.5

The problem with 2.8 is it doesnt have enough bang fot its buck since im not a fan of DDD and the cutscenes coukd be watched on YouTube.
2.8 is DDD + brand new episode featuring Aqua + cutscenes form KH: re or something like this, so its basically same package as 1.5 and 2.5

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
2.8 is DDD + brand new episode featuring Aqua + cutscenes form KH: re or something like this, so its basically same package as 1.5 and 2.5

I just dont think 2.8 is worth the full 60 because its just 1 game + 1 demo + 1 movie so i rather wait till it drops.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I just dont think 2.8 is worth the full 60 because its just 1 game + 1 demo + 1 movie so i rather wait till it drops.
As far as I know, its not really demo, but sub game, though I dunno how lengthy it will be, so 60 is probably to high indeed.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
They said that 0.2 would be about the length of one world from Kingdom Hearts, but they backtracked on that statement and said it'd be about 5 hours long or some such.

Top Bottom