• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So apparently 2.5 wasn't enough and KH finally unites under one Playstation roof. KH: DDD, new short movie and small prologue centred around Aqua is all here. And one final push before we finally hit KHIII
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/1...by-sleep-centers-around-aqua-links-to-kh-iii/
Allgames.png

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Well, this is actually a good thing. There's some people who didn't play DDD because they didn't have a 3DS, and now the cutscenes from Chi and Aqua's chapter, two new things for those who aren't playing KH Chi. The thing is that it's for PS4 and the price... I heard it's around 60 dollars. I hope it's worth it.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
DDD is my least favorite KH game, but i just cant pass up the KHIII prologue. Clever move Square... clever move.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Nice time to get into Kingdom Hearts. All the enhanced ports of the game are coming out, and III is right around the corner.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
1-Quite possibly the worst name in the KH series to date.
2-DDD is without a doubt THE worst ****ing game in that entire series. Ain't no way in hell I'm touching that again.

So, in short...the only incentive here is a HD cinematic movie....which we all know how wonderfully those turned out the last two times. And a little in KH3 prologue, ala Ground Zeroes.

For $60.

Maybe that was harsh lol. But you guys know I have a....complicated relationship with Kingdom Hearts. I've never been more obsessed with a game series at one point than this one, and I've never learned to hate another game series quite as much as this one.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Maybe that was harsh lol. But you guys know I have a....complicated relationship with Kingdom Hearts. I've never been more obsessed with a game series at one point than this one, and I've never learned to hate another game series quite as much as this one.
So, basically, you have the same abusive love relationship that I have with Devil May Cry.
Kingdom Hearts
must be really something special, then.

The Good Gentleman

So, basically, you have the same abusive love relationship that I have with Devil May Cry.
Kingdom Hearts
must be really something special, then.
Not really.

I've never loved a game quite like I did the first Kingdom Hearts. And I've never had something I loved so much turn into such ostentatious bullshit quite like Kingdom Hearts with every new entry.

It's always been "Okay, I ain't touching this crap anymore" when I finish a new game, only to get excited about the next one when it's announced. Dream Drop Distance may have been the tipping point where I basically just said "**** it" to the point where I genuinely could've give five ****s about KH3, the magical mystical game I've waited 10 years for.

To reiterate, Nomura is an absolute hack and ego-maniacal dumbf*** who's really in love with his own handwriting. He's like a Japanese Donald Trump. All promises, all ego, but utterly incompetent at everything he does. There was a reason he was fired from the Versus XIII project: In EIGHT YEARS, he got less than a QUARTER done.

And in addition to KH3, which we should've learned by now isn't coming in our lifetimes, he's also decided to bastardize Final Fantasy VII. **** him. And **** what he turned Kingdom Hearts into. And, maybe, **** what he turns FFVII into as well.

I hope to god he takes so long with it that they either cancel it, or give him the boot in favor of someone else. Again.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
And in addition to KH3, which we should've learned by now isn't coming in our lifetimes, he's also decided to bastardize Final Fantasy VII. **** him. And **** what he turned Kingdom Hearts into. And, maybe, **** what he turns FFVII into as well.

I hope to god he takes so long with it that they either cancel it, or give him the boot in favor of someone else. Again.
screw that. I don't want them to just up and cancel a possible KH3. Sorry you got your own issues with Nomura but that doesn't mean everyone else is. I'm psyched for that KH3. I'm interested to see how far the story goes for it. Yeah it's a bit confusing but really it's a pretty basic concept when you really pay attention to the story as a whole.

Also, and I might get hate, buuuut FFVII isn't all that. I felt its story a basic one. Good all the way, but not the best ever to be seen. Maybe it's my new generation sensibilities.

The Good Gentleman

Yeah it's a bit confusing but really it's a pretty basic concept when you really pay attention to the story as a whole.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8c...i00YzAzLWJjZTAtZTllODY2OTc2MTMx/edit?hl=en_US

You were saying? Now, let's take all of that, and then retcon half of it it with some ****ing time travel horseshit.

It's absolute nonsense, and just plain some ol' bullshit. Nomura is the exact opposite of Kojima. Rather than toning it down, improving his skills as a writer, and actually hiring an editor, Nomura just gets more and more out of control. He watches ten different movies, then decides putting in stuff from all ten of them makes for a deeper plot.

The end result? Dream Drop Distance. He can go **** himself.

You're more than welcome to get excited about anything you want, play anything you want, and enjoy anything you'd want. I'd never attempt to force anything on you. Just realize that time spent on this horse manure is time stolen from things that were actually put together from the heart, and not from the ass. Aka, you're gonna miss out on a lot of infinitely better stuff lol.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You're more than welcome to get excited about anything you want, play anything you want, and enjoy anything you'd want. I'd never attempt to force anything on you. Just realize that time spent on this horse manure is time stolen from things that were actually put together from the heart, and not from the ass. Aka, you're gonna miss out on a lot of infinitely better stuff lol.
Dude I basically followed all of that easily. There were a few questions that I got answered and some stuff I remembered. I've played the series from the beginning back when KH2 was still coming out so I followed everything to the T from KH1 to now. Granted, yes, it is a confusing mess for any new fan to get into, but once you do, it all just unravels itself.
I don't dedicate my gaming experience to JUST Kingdom Hearts. I do play other games and have had fun with them too, but I also keep up with KH because I was playing them as each game came out one by one so I was able to have a break in between games to gather up the info of each individual game's story.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
FF7 isn't the holy grail of gaming everyone makes it out to be. The best FF will always be 4.

And we play things other than KH, it's not like this is the only thing that occupies our time. And who cares if the story is nuts if the gameplay is fun? I play games for what they're meant for: BEING PLAYED. The story is secondary.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I thought it it was FFVI.

Believe it or not, I'm being objective here. I actually don't like VI, but respect Kefka as one of the best villains out there. I'm just going by what I've heard from other sources.

... That VII Remake is never going to happen, is it? :/

-----------------

Anyway, here's hoping they improve where necessary in 2.8.

Top Bottom