• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've contacted Ninja Theory for an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
can you find out the truth about nero if there is any information plz it would ansewer a lot of questions :)

Domenic93

I bet Capcom don't know anything either they probably never planned anything for nero they just stapled him in the DMC series for the sake of it
If I remember right they said that the reason dmc4 had such a brighter pallet and the gore toned down was because they were trying to gain a large female audience,

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If I remember right they said that the reason dmc4 had such a brighter pallet and the gore toned down was because they were trying to gain a large female audience,

Oh great ! then why don't they make a new dinner dash sequel ? now what do they want ?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Fixed :troll:
Plus my wording of it also explains nero

LOL you really think nero is for twilight audience ? i think he's for japanse teen audience who likes crybabies
images
yes... he's about to squeal and scream like a bit#& this is what i think is meant for 14 yr old twilight audience >>
images
tight pants,black coat,angst teen life,no parents,bruised face,Dark eyes yep he's right there !

Tiran

The great pretender.
The math and the information given in the game doesn't add up. It could be like that Mass effect novel everyone hated where the writer of the book did no research before writing and, instead made it up for story sakes.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The "math" you say I suppose refer to the ages right?

Not to be the guy who says the same things all the time but I'll say again.

We only know stuff about the ages through interviews. Nothing sort of anything real, like a character profile inside a game or a manual or something like that.

What I got from the interviews was that they answered for the sake of answering. They had presented us with not even one information about Dante's age (or anyone's for that matter) up until Devil May Cry 2. When Devil May Cry 3 appeared, the told us that the twins are into their mid to late teens at the first interviews. Later they concluded that they are between 17-19 years old. For me, in their minds, at the time, they only cared about appearances and said that without much care since it fitted well with any of the other two existing games. DMC1 and 2 were both after DMC3 so they could play with a younger Dante's age as much as they wanted since it would not affect future games in any way.

Then the anime and DMC4 came. That's when they started messing up stuff. Apparently Lady is about 10 years older after DMC3 in DMC4. However DMC4 is also about 10 years after DMC1. And the anime is somewhere in between DMC1 and DMC4 since both Trish and Lady appear but Dante is in his DMC1 outfit already.
Nero's age is also 16-19 at one interview, then changes to "about the same as Dante & Vergil's in DMC3".

My point? They never gave much thought in regards to the ages. They only cared to try and tell us of a timeline which goes like this DMC3->DMC1->DMCAnime->DMC4->DMC2. And right now we don't even know whether the anime is canon. Somewhere in the anime Dante admits to having used the alias "Tony" in the past, hinting of the DMC1 Novel which is not canon anymore.

So personal opinion? Even they can't decide/don't really care about the ages. Therefore anything is possible. Nero can be Vergil's son or can't. Capcom could do anything with him. It's not like even the existing games make absolute sense with each other, so why should the ages?

/rant XD

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The "math" you say I suppose refer to the ages right?

Nero's age is also 16-19 at one interview, then changes to "about the same as Dante & Vergil's in DMC3".

My point? They never gave much thought in regards to the ages. They only cared to try and tell us of a timeline which goes like this DMC3->DMC1->DMCAnime->DMC4->DMC2. And right now we don't even know whether the anime is canon. Somewhere in the anime Dante admits to having used the alias "Tony" in the past, hinting of the DMC1 Novel which is not canon anymore.

/rant XD

Well said reminds me of those painfully inconsistent Dbz movies none of them seem to make any sense anyway as i was saying DMC anime seems to be just a "Filler" in which neither appearance or settings matter
because DMC4 is supposed to pick up right after the anime yet the environments and appearance of characters drasticially differ

>Dante wears cowboy clothes but in anime he wears the same clothes of dmc1
>Dante's attitude - Its messed up that just seems like he's having serious problems with his head
>The whole timeline - see i think i'm the only one but DMC4 seems wayy too much modern than anime's 80's timeline even in DMC3 dante's jukebox is really old

IMO Dmc4 seemed to be going in a direction even more painful than DmC and now that Capcom figured out that people dislike that new "Dirction" [Lack of creepiness,seriousness,all that cheesy stuff] wasn't working they done what any stupid company would've done...... Reboot in the hands of NT

Ultimately its seems like capcom does not have the balls to even peek at DMC2

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
what are his origins and whats the real deal between him and the sparda clan :)
Snce they didnt came up with character and the writer of 3,4 and the anime-bingo left Capcom, they might not know.
You should ask kobayashi tho.
Even if they give you an answer, it might not be the right one as they didnt know the circumstances or the reason why he was brought in.

Meg

I would love it if Capcom comes out and says that both Dante and Vergil are over 1,000 years old and just don't age. :troll:

Even that would make sense at this point.

Actually, now that I think of it, what if they made Nero Dante's son? You gotta admit it's more practical. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom