• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Vergil evil or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntoreno07

this is probably the best description of they type of character Vergil is:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiVillain

i already know he is an anti-hero like kratos and WTF i just found dante in the list of anti-heros of video games major fault in wikipedia ever :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_antiheroes#Video_games

i don't think a guy who eats strawberry sundae and pizza and always smiles when he is impaled i don't think he is anti-hero

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the Wikipedia was wrong it was showing dante in anti-hero list instead of vergil

sorry for off-topicness
Vergil can't be an Anti-Hero. an Anti-Hero is a Hero with non-heroic traits and Vergil is not a Hero.

Vergil is not evil but he is still a Villain since he is an enemy of the Hero.

since Vergil is a Villain but has non-villainous traits he is an Anti-Villain (the exact opposite of an Anti-Hero)

off topic: Dante is a Hero with non-heroic traits therefore he is an Anti-Hero.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
NO someone else thinks that just getting involved in this mishmash makes him evil his "acts" make him evil even though his intentions aren't for ex you just kicked a dog because it came in your way so is it evil to kick someone on your way ?? you gotta pee so bad but you can't a dog is annoying you what would you do ?? you just kick that dog of unknowingly that the dog you've kicked just killed a grandma and her kitty by tripping them off road when firertruck crushes them off SO you just wanted to pee now you're evil cause you indirectly killed a dog kitty and granma XD you never really wanted to kill three lives did you ?? and get the title of being 'evil'
yeah but you'll probably get arrested before you get to the toilet XD

johntoreno07

Vergil can't be an Anti-Hero. an Anti-Hero is a Hero with non-heroic traits and Vergil is not a Hero.

Vergil is not evil but he is still a Villain since he is an enemy of the Hero.

since Vergil is a Villain but has non-villainous traits he is an Anti-Villain (the exact opposite of an Anti-Hero)

off topic: Dante is a Hero with non-heroic traits therefore he is an Anti-Hero.

non-herioc plz explain dante tries to be hostile with everyone he is with he tries to save everyone he doesn't kill any human hell he is also not so rude to anyone he's always 'cool' anti-hero is supposed to be someone like kratos right ??

so he is just a villan of dmc3 but not evil hmm but his means are evil and he know he is going to hurt alot of people but doesn't care so that's not evil but kinda hanging between good and evil

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Vergil is obsessed with power....but what would he do with all that power, good things or bad things?
I assume bad things and that makes him evil IMO.

I'm curious as to what would cause you to come to that conclusion?

Because his actual actions prove the contrary.

Not once did he kill a human in DMC3. He even had a perfect chance to kill Lady AND Dante (two people who where in his way) but still did not.

He killed more demons than he killed humans.

And also its pretty obvious he loved his mother. He cherished that locket she gave to him and even seems to feel resentment towards himself for being powerless to protect her.

Hence the reason why he is so obsessed with power. I'm pretty confident he does not like demons at all. He may even dislike them just as much as Dante since one did kill his mother.

If I had to guess, judging by every factor I stated above, He could have very well intended to use that power to eradicate every demon.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
NO he kept that locket for power

No.

If he kept it for power he would have left it after Dante beat him in the final battle.

Instead he picked it up and told Dante it was his and he can not have it.

That shows that he cherished and cared for the locket for reasons not just for "power".

johntoreno07

No.

If he kept it for power he would have left it after Dante beat him in the final battle.

Instead he picked it up and told Dante it was his and he can not have it.

That shows that he cherished and cared for the locket for reasons not just for "power".

and what did he say ??

MY father sparda and mine it is there is no mommy stuff here -_-
i think he's grown pretty cold hearted opposite to dante

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
and what did he say ??

MY father sparda and mine it is there is no mommy stuff here -_-

He said "It belongs to a son of Sparda".

That just shows that he is referring to himself nothing more.

Like I said, If he only kept it for power he would have just left it. It was already useless at that point since Dante had defeated him and had the Force Edge.

And yet he kept it.

That alone proves your line about him only wanting it for power WRONG.

johntoreno07

He said "It belongs to a son of Sparda".

That just shows that he is referring to himself nothing more.

Like I said, If he only kept it for power he would have just left it. It was already useless at that point since Dante had defeated him and had the Force Edge.

And yet he kept it.

That alone proves your line about him only wanting it for power WRONG.

you're point is wrong that he thinks mommy stuff while there is no reference about it he only takes pride in being a demon's son and doesn't even like to talk about his weak once mother and hence viceverca ignores his humanhalf and if he took the amulet BECAUSE without it dante couldn't have the "power" he was struggling to get all the time the complete sparda sword with two amulets which enable dante to transform into complete demon instead of just morphing into a shadow of demon (devil trigger)

oohh he was being a sly devil here not letting dante to have all the powers possible anyway dante doesn't really want power all he does with forceedge it just hang it on a naked chick's photo what a shame to poor sparda

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
you're point is wrong that he thinks mommy stuff while there is no reference about it he only takes pride in being a demon's son and doesn't even like to talk about his weak once mother and hence viceverca ignores his humanhalf and if he took the amulet BECAUSE without it dante couldn't have the "power" he was struggling to get all the time the complete sparda sword with two amulets which enable dante to transform into complete demon instead of just morphing into a shadow of demon (devil trigger)

How is my point wrong?

Who was it that gave him that locket he wanted to keep?

HIS MOTHER.

And who was he powerless to protect?

HIS MOTHER

And what does he desire now?

POWER

There are several hints that appear indicating that he did care for his mother and yet you just choose to ignore them in order to make your point valid which is not working.

And why would he care if Dante had that power?

Vergil really does not strike me as a petty person who would take the amulet because he simply did not want Dante to become more powerful.

If anything he has enough pride in himself not to care whether or not Dante completed the power or not.

He just wanted the amulet because it was special to him IMO.

johntoreno07

How is my point wrong?

WRONG !!

NOW my facts :-

He Never ever ever ever mention anything about his mommy

HE indeed loved his mother at one point but its past for him he has already moved on from that trauma

NOW his for vergil mother IS POWERRR YES POWER

And talking logically two amulets and forceedge should be joined to form complete sparda sword AND VERGIL KNEW THIS !! Dante didn't he didn't even realise about rebellions hidden powers until vergil unintentionally stabbed him

SO conclusion VERGIL KNEW ABOUT THE SPARDA SWORD AND WANTED IT SO BAD NO MATTER WHAT AMULET WAS THE MAIN KEY ITEM FOR IT AND IN THE END HE LOSES SO HE TAKES WHAT HE COULD THE AMULET WHICH HAS THE POWER OF SPARDA THE POWER TO OPEN ANOTHER TEMNIGRU AND POWER WHICH HE CANNOT GET AND WHEN HIS POWERS (his new mommy) ARE THREATENED HE WOULD DO ANYTHING TO ENSURE ITS SECURITY so he has no choice but to go and FALL IN THE ABYSS OR GIVE THE POWER TO DANTE WHICH HE IS UNWILLING TO !!!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
How is my point wrong?

WRONG !!

NOW my facts :-

He Never ever ever ever mention anything about his mommy

HE indeed loved his mother at one point but its past for him he has already moved on from that trauma

NOW his for vergil mother IS POWERRR YES POWER

And talking logically two amulets and forceedge should be joined to form complete sparda sword AND VERGIL KNEW THIS !! Dante didn't he didn't even realise about rebellions hidden powers until vergil unintentionally stabbed him

SO conclusion VERGIL KNEW ABOUT THE SPARDA SWORD AND WANTED IT SO BAD NO MATTER WHAT AMULET WAS THE MAIN KEY ITEM FOR IT AND IN THE END HE LOSES SO HE TAKES WHAT HE COULD THE AMULET WHICH HAS THE POWER OF SPARDA THE POWER TO OPEN ANOTHER TEMNIGRU AND POWER WHICH HE CANNOT GET AND WHEN HIS POWERS (his new mommy) ARE THREATENED HE WOULD DO ANYTHING TO ENSURE ITS SECURITY so he has no choice but to go and FALL IN THE ABYSS OR GIVE THE POWER TO DANTE WHICH HE IS UNWILLING TO !!!

First off calm down.

Not sure if you know this but your giving off the impression that you are angry and yelling with the caps locks and the "!!!" at the end of you sentence.

Knock if of please.

Try having a calm discussion unless you want a staff member to close yet another one of your topics.

Secondly.

Nothing you said provides anything against my post.

Just you stating something I already knew in a childish/angry manner.

This conversation went around in a complete circle fast and got no where.

Lets just agree to disagree shall we.

johntoreno07

First off calm down.

Not sure if you know this but your giving off the impression that you are angry and yelling with the caps locks and the "!!!" at the end of you sentence.

Knock if of please.

Try having a calm discussion unless you want a staff member to close yet another one of your topics.

Secondly.

Nothing you said provides anything against my post.

Just you stating something I already knew in a childish/angry manner.

This conversation went around in a complete circle fast and got no where.

Lets just agree to disagree shall we.

i put that !!! to give more importance not arrogance

you're getting too stubborn on your point anyways your point of VERGIL

He just wanted the amulet because it was special to him IMO

ask this to anyone here they would give you the same answer

considering the fact that he didn't want dante to have all the power and not only dante anyone could have immense power with two amulets and forceedge so that proves your point wrong as he didn't want to get the power in anyone else but his own hands so he ended up with a corny dialogue to shun dante and he could get enough time to escape i think he also knew about dante's emotional nature so he pulled off that corny dialogue to secure the power with himself so that dante won't take the amulet from him simple vergil is one sly demon that he is :) caps lock didn't mean i was angry or shouting i wanted to highlight but eh just in hurry i didn't bother using the highligher one by one don't get my picture wrong i am not angry atall i am in pretty good mood

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
i put that !!! to give more importance not arrogance

you're getting too stubborn anyways your point of VERGIL

considering the fact that he didn't want dante to have all the power and not only dante anyone could have immense power with two amulets and forceedge so that proves your point wrong as he didn't want to get the power in anyone else but his own hands so he ended up with a corny dialogue to shun dante and he could get enough time to escape i think he also knew about dante's emotional nature so he pulled off that corny dialogue to secure the power with himself so that dante won't take the amulet from him simple vergil is one sly demon that he is :) caps lock didn't mean i was angry or shouting i wanted to highlight but eh just in hurry i didn't bother using the highligher one by one don't get my picture wrong i am not angry atall i am in pretty good mood

So your main gripe is with this part of my post?

"He just wanted the amulet because it was special to him IMO"

In case you did not notice, I put "IMO" at the end of that.

And also in case you do not know what that means its means "In my OPINION"

So saying that its "WRONG!!!" like you did in the above post is ridiculous since I never tried to pass if off as a fact.

And like I said before, Lets agree to disagree.

Obviously I'm not changing your stance on it and your not changing mine.

This conversation is going no where.

johntoreno07

So your main gripe is with this part of my post?

"He just wanted the amulet because it was special to him IMO"

In case you did not notice, I put "IMO" at the end of that.

And also in case you do not know what that means its means "In my OPINION"

So saying that its "WRONG!!!" like you did in the above post is ridiculous since I never tried to pass if off as a fact.

And like I said before, Lets agree to disagree.

Obviously I'm not changing your stance on it and your not changing mine.

This conversation is going no where.

not only that but yes you whole motherly attachment things is pretty much absent in vergil and he is heartless&cold in DMC3 he never talked or cared about something realted to his mother so this means he did not have any trace of love for his mother anymore in DMC3 everything 24/7 ahead of his eyes is power and since sparda is the source of power he likes him simple

and second point about eradicating all the demons are also stupid since he is releasing them on human world on the first place he didn't give a damn to anyone all he meant was power and i think he pretty much have done what other demons did with sparda sword IN madness of newly gained power he would have gone berserk and would have became nelo angelo anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom