• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there a Heaven in the DMC world?

Cosmology of DMC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't intend to destroy your theory Chloe, I just wanted to point out that Nero may have been talking in a cynical sense or just as a figure of speech...

I would honestly have expected the DMC world to have an opposing force to that of the demons, but it just doesn't seem to show it if there is one... and the people of DMC's world don't seem to appreciate it much either, if there is one. The manga has the closest parallels I've seen so far to the idea that there are opposites to demons, but when Moses and I compared translations of Code:2, they didn't seem quite right - the Tokyopop English translation looked like it added words like 'angels' and 'heavens' in afterward to draw parallels to Judeo-Christianity that sound a bit different to the original Japanese version. I'm not surprised, and I'm not surprised either that they still managed to keep it really vague. And we know the mangas were an afterthought, so I think originally DMC was probably conceived as just being a game involving two worlds warring with each other, humans and demons.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
*theory destroyed* Nah, you raised good points, Lexy, if there are holes in a theory then it's not a very good theory. I recon there is an opposing force to the demons in DMC (ala Dante and Nero) in which case, who needs a god when you've got Dante fighting the good fight for you? LOL

UZUDAE

In summary- yes and no. In DMC4 there was a lot of talk about angels, but more in a satirical way. It was actually a little more clever than I think most gamers realized- clearly a parody of the catholic church.

Have angels or heaven gotten any REAL screen time in a devil may cry though? Not exactly

DMC

Devil May Cry
i think are only angels cause the devil was not there and demons are angels. i beleive that the human race has fallen to the dark side. too the unholy angels

moseslmpg

UZUDAE;290649 said:
In summary- yes and no. In DMC4 there was a lot of talk about angels, but more in a satirical way. It was actually a little more clever than I think most gamers realized- clearly a parody of the catholic church.

Have angels or heaven gotten any REAL screen time in a devil may cry though? Not exactly
What do you mean by yes and no? Are you inferring that the satire of angels and Catholicism in DMC4 implies their actual existence within the series?

I'm asking if you think they exist in the DMC universe, not if they have gotten screen time, although I assume you think they do exist since they would have to exist for screen time to be possible.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think there is a "God" in the DMC universe. Nero says near the end of DMC4 that he "always hated God for making his arm like it was." So there properly is a "God" but he is just there and has really no part in the over all story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom