• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interesting Trivia

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
I'm working on a video script and I was wondering if anyone has any interesting trivia about the series I could use. I've got some interesting stuff, but I'm sure there's way more I don't have.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Trivia? What kind of trivia you're talking about?Do you have the notion that could make DMC "fans" even more confused that they are already?
And a great number of supposed trivia are not trivia at all.It's like trying to find Dante's age: it's only based on guesses and that already bombed.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Sounds interesting! Here's a few off the top of my head:
  • The original Devil May Cry began life as the foundation for Resident Evil 4 (source)
  • Capcom insisted that DmC Dante's radical re-design be 'pushed further' than Ninja Theory's original iterations (source)
  • DMC4 Dante had a way different appearance during early development:

Ua6ZNMi.jpg

And that's all my un-caffeinated brain can think up right now. There are a ton of great DmC and DmC 2-related details and secrets revealed in Rogerio Silva's thread from last year. Silva served as writer for the Vergil's Downfall DLC and is one cool cat.

Bravo on your previous Game Theory episode, by the way. Loved it! Moar, moar!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You can ask the people who bought the 3142 art book. Apparently it's full of interesting trivia regarding the games.

You can also consult the wiki.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Trivia? What kind of trivia you're talking about?Do you have the notion that could make DMC "fans" even more confused that they are already?
And a great number of supposed trivia are not trivia at all.It's like trying to find Dante's age: it's only based on guesses and that already bombed.
dude wat?

How's that contributing at all? Sucky attitude, man.

@The 4th Snake: Just had a thought - I have a few of the Ninja Theory staff as LinkedIn contacts; if you have any questions pertaining to DmC, I can forward those questions onto them if you like. Also, lemme know when the video's up and I'll check it out and see if we can get it front-paged, yo.

Gel

Premium
dude wat?

How's that contributing at all? Sucky attitude, man.

Point taken, friend! But in DMC sure dealing with trivia is a pain in the backside. I know that! Much of it's trivia was done by me: since Kamiya's twitter to some little characteristics and details of characters.
Ask @The 4th Snake , he knows me there.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: Good idea about the 3142 art book. I mean, you can't get any more official, right? Should be enough trivia from that. I can't think of much else myself, other than that and what Steve mentioned.

Take a quick skim through the different DMC sections on the boards, some pretty interesting facts and whatnot.

Gel

Premium
@Foxtrot94: Good idea about the 3142 art book. I mean, you can't get any more official, right? Should be enough trivia from that. I can't think of much else myself, other than that and what Steve mentioned.

Take a quick skim through the different DMC sections on the boards, some pretty interesting facts and whatnot.
Or please tell us what you are searching for because anything can be trivia.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Quick replies, good. Funny the Game Theory video was brought up. This one's a Did You Know Gaming video. I've done a couple non-DMC DYKG vids (Dynasty Warriors and Sengoku Basara) in case you're wondering. That should also help give an idea for the kind of info I'm looking for.

Anyway, I do have the artbook. I got one little cool bit. Vergil's addition in DMC3 cause issues since it'd require a retcon to fit, so an alternate universe was briefly considered for 3. Ironic, since the actual alternate canon did use 3 as inspiration. It apparently also acknowledges Nero's parentage. Gonna have to go through it thoroughly for details. I've also been collecting other artbooks and strategy guides to find more cool stuff. DmC: A Divine Comedy is pretty good too.

Gel

Premium
Vergil's addition in DMC3 cause issues since it'd require a retcon to fit, so an alternate universe was briefly considered for 3.
If you can, read DMC1 novel to see I much Vergil has changed from there to DMC3 Vergil we all know.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm working on a video script and I was wondering if anyone has any interesting trivia about the series I could use. I've got some interesting stuff, but I'm sure there's way more I don't have.
It would help if you told us what you already know but start with these:
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/dmc-3142-artbook-finally-releasing-in-english.20162/page-2
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/director-hideki-kamiya-interview-stylish-desires.20579/
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/dmc1-sound-dvd-booklet-text.12344/
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/the-original-scenario-of-bio-hazard-4-devil-may-cry.10958/
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/shinji-mikami-2001-ign-interview.13113/
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/interviews-from-strategy-guide.12507/

The source for this tid bit is gone. It came from an IGN member called Kiera who translated a passage from one of the DMC3 paragraphs in the Trinity book. She said that one of the staff members claimed when they were thinking of Dante and Vergil they made them each the shadow of the other, the part of themselves each other's denied.

I've provably got more but tell us what you know and we'll add to it.

Gel

Premium
The source for this tid bit is gone. It came from an IGN member called Kiera who translated a passage from one of the DMC3 paragraphs in the Trinity book. She said that one of the staff members claimed when they were thinking of Dante and Vergil they made them each the shadow of the other, the part of themselves each other's denied.
I still have those texts with me if you need it.They present both twins as complementary to each other and not opposite as urban legend says.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Gel

Premium
Oh, man, did that just not survive the new forum layout. I can't read that without highlighting it.:eek:

Thanks for the material, though. It's bloody fantastic to have it again. When I get home I'll give it a thorough read. Would you like to edit it for readability for the new layout?
Sure! Do what you want!

Gel

Premium
I'm just going to copy and paste it into a document when I get home and I'll be happy with that. If you don't care either way it can stay as is. Up to you.
Please tell me if it is ok now, for I changed text color.

Top Bottom