• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'm Disappointed at Gamescon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well okay maybe not challenging but at least it gotta be fun other than angel lift here, demon pull this, angel glide over there and advance. That type of platforming would've worked if the stages were well more intense....the Night Club stage doesn't reuse the old angel and demon pull gimmick but it does incorporate the angel and demon mode gimmick in a creative way that makes it remotely challenging and they even applied this platforming to the enemy battles to make the platforming more interesting.

Cause sure past DMC games had static platforming that was mainly solving puzzles and overcoming obstacles but at least those obstacles and puzzles tested my collective and puzzle solving skills. Now its like a cheap Sonic-MegaMan type platforming....I would be fine if they used Sonic type platforming but its a cheap version of that.

Sure it looks nice but its nothing else than that...granted the Night Club does have nice platforming and I'm not against the angel and demon weapon gimmick being the main source of the platforming but when its done uncreatively like Overturn...is when I lose interest. Underwatch actually had some pretty neat platforming....but it was mainly at the church part and the parts where the walls are trying to crush you.....even if they move slow as hell.

Besides the laser beam/Search Light at the near end of Overturn made it pretty fun as well...I guess....but it seemed pretty easy...like I was expecting more of an intense challenge..not it shooting at an obvious area or it chasing you like slow as hell.

Oh geez the Virility Factory.....from what I've seen it looks the worst....maybe I'm wrong but looks the most bland...at least Overturn had that laser beam and the angel boost (kinda like that air boost from Sonic Heroes) to add some spice to the platforming but all the Virility Factory has is demon pull that and angel lift to those....something Underwatch did but better.

Out of 4 stages showed this far.....that is my current thoughts on the platforming....Night Club (Devil Dalliance) looks like the best because the platforming was more enemy & combat orientated, Underwatch is pretty good and I cut it some slack since its early in the game and not too shabby, Overturn is meh....it could've been better if the stage was a bit more intense and it seems way too easy, and Virility Factory.....UGH.

I just hope there is more to each of those stages and much more stages that have better & more creative platforming.

Well let me ask this; would you rather all those levels be so fast, so hard, and almost too far away that you'd have to be a complete master of DMC past games in order to manuver your way past them, which involves first a grapple hook, then an air glide, then pull something out, then do a double jump, then wall plant, then air dodge, then another air glide after a jump cancel on a given platform, then do a stinger fly, and finally to the place you need to go without them telling you to do all this...and then do all that all over again but in a different motion?...

Yeah, I don't think so. Not for me anyway. I'd rather leave all the hard stuff to the combat and leave the transversals the way they are, because the way I see it, you're gonna have more of a bad time with trying to get to the next area then fighting the demons.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well let me ask this; would you rather all those levels be so fast, so hard, and almost too far away that you'd have to be a complete master of DMC past games in order to manuver your way past them, which involves first a grapple hook, then an air glide, then pull something out, then do a double jump, then wall plant, then air dodge, then another air glide after a jump cancel on a given platform, then do a stinger fly, and finally to the place you need to go without them telling you to do all this...and then do all that all over again but in a different motion?...

Yeah, I don't think so. Not for me anyway. I'd rather leave all the hard stuff to the combat and leave the transversals the way they are, because the way I see it, you're gonna have more of a bad time with trying to get to the next area then fighting the demons.

.......don't twist my words...I'm not complaining about difficulty...I'm complaining about the overall platforming it looks TOO boring and bland....I commentate Underwatch for its okay platforming and the Night Club for applying the platforming into with the combat to make it interesting.

DMC's past platforming revolved around solving puzzles and overcoming obstacles that actually where creative and well thought through and I'm okay with removing that concept and doing a different type of platforming but at least make it interesting....the Night Club was interesting...Underwatch was okay but the Virility Factory & Overturn is angel lift here, demon pull this, angel glide over there, and smash this to advance and only cool feature about them is trying not to fall off even though you just reappear where from where you fell and the laser beam...it's like NT puts no thought in giving us a worthwhile platforming. It's not about skill its about testing our mettle or being remotely challenging. MegaMan & Sonic games (also Mario games) are for kids and have a non-puzzle based platforming pretty much like DmC and at least those are challenging unlike this and DmC even uses platforming ideas from Sonic games as well.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
.......don't twist my words...I'm not complaining about difficulty...I'm complaining about the overall platforming it looks TOO boring and bland....I commentate Underwatch for its okay platforming and the Night Club for applying the platforming into with the combat to make it interesting.

DMC's past platforming revolved around solving puzzles and overcoming obstacles that actually where creative and well thought through and I'm okay with removing that concept and doing a different type of platforming but at least make it interesting....the Night Club was interesting...Underwatch was okay but the Virility Factory & Overturn is angel lift here, demon pull this, angel glide over there, and smash this to advance and only cool feature about them is trying not to fall off even though you just reappear where from where you fell and the laser beam...it's like NT puts no thought in giving us a worthwhile platforming. It's not about skill its about testing our mettle or being remotely challenging. MegaMan & Sonic games (also Mario games) are for kids and have a non-puzzle based platforming pretty much like DmC and at least those are challenging unlike this and DmC even uses platforming ideas from Sonic games as well.

I didn't say it was hard. I just meant so challenging that when you get to it, you'll be more frustrated with getting to the other side without falling then fighting more challenging enemies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I didn't say it was hard. I just meant so challenging that when you get to it, you'll be more frustrated with getting to the other side without falling then fighting more challenging enemies.

Isn't that the point...if they're going to remove DMC's classic creative and well thought out puzzle platforming for basic platforming make it at least entertaining and not half-ass.

Agility

"Known"
Isn't that the point...if they're going to remove DMC's classic creative and well thought out puzzle platforming for basic platforming make it at least entertaining and not half-ass.

You mean grab a key, backtrack, place key in spot, and backtrack?

Or is it hit something until it works?

Oh you mean the try every path puzzle. Is it here? No? Is it there?

No wait, you mean place the light in the right order?

I got it! Is it run through flip over object air dash repeat?

No too simple for me.

Give me some Soul Reaver puzzles.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You mean grab a key, backtrack, place key in spot, and backtrack?

Or is it hit something until it works?

Oh you mean the try every path puzzle. Is it here? No? Is it there?

No wait, you mean place the light in the right order?

I got it! Is it run through flip over object air dash repeat?

No too simple for me.

Give me some Soul Reaver puzzles.

Yes and DMC did it so stylishly and interesting. DmC does its platforming with much thought of a new born year old sucking on its mom's breasts.

I like the Night Club something refreshing and creative.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Yes and DMC did it so stylishly and interesting. DmC does its platforming with much thought of a new born year old sucking on its mom's breasts.

I like the Night Club something refreshing and creative.
how is constantly backtracking stylish or interesting? DMC doesn't have puzzles, it has little task that you have to complete. And walking from place to place, or if your playing dmc4, running from place to place isn't as interesting as runninig from a city trying to crush you.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i wished devil may cry could have puzzles like darksiders or darksiders II. Puzzles that actually take thought and puzzles that you could actually get stuck on because you don't know what to do.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
how is back tracking constantly well thought out? DMC doesn't have puzzles, it has little task that you have to complete. And walking from place to place, or if your playing dmc4, running from place to place isn't as interesting as runninig from a city trying to crush you.

Running from a slow moving city that is barely trying to kill you and has the mentality of a person with down syndrome (no offense to those who have it).

It does have puzzles or some sort of challenge like in DMC3 where you had to rearrange the entire tower constantly to find those 3 pieces and get back to the main tower path, the light beam puzzle, the backtracking is also mixed with complicated riddles...I spent a good 1 hour stumped in one of the missions in DMC3...not knowing what to do but eventually figured it out...by accident, or light up those skull cages before they go up...and even do brain teasers such as when those 2 skull cages come out and they go up pretty quickly unlike before with zero hints or a very informative riddle you have to figure out you have make the 2 cages hit each other on your own...mixed with traps and pits.
DMC4 had the Mitis Forest 4 way path and it was a tough one trying to figure out the right path using only the 3 very vague hints that were very helpful but had to come up with it on your own, the Gyro Blade challenge, and though some may hate it...but it was a fun....okay maybe not fun but great addition to the platforming...the Dice Challenge and the platforming used in Mission 18 was awesome, and DMC old platforming had a great sense of exploration while DmC is just move forward....nothing is wrong with that only if its done bland as hell.

Railazel

how is constantly backtracking stylish or interesting?

Because there are obstacles in the way that pop up when you never expected them to be there. For example, in DMC 1, after you get Alastor, the statue it was stabbed in disappears and a wall with the Judge of Death on it appears. It looks like a normal wall, so you don't think about it, you just continue into the next room beside you. In there, you see a glowing key, you get it, grab the shotgun, then get out. You don't know where this key goes but, thankfully, the first door you see happens to go with that key. You go through the door, fight some Marionettes, and then try to find another way out. There's an upper level, so you jump up there. There's a door, you go through it, and find yourself in a secret room with another glowing key called the Judgement of Death. That key goes to the wall with the Judge of Death on it. You get out the room into the room where you grabbed the shotgun and, when you're about to leave, Sin Scissors appear. You fight the enemies, get out the room, and place the Judgement of Death onto the Judge of Death. You have just completed Mission 2.

This is how you make backtracking interesting. It is now where you go, just how you get there.

And walking from place to place, or if your playing dmc4, running from place to place isn't as interesting as runninig from a city trying to crush you.

Actually, it can be more interesting. Finding your way around and trying to gain access to different areas can be alot more fun than just the walls coming closer to you, especially considering that the game is progressing in a linear fashion.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
@railazel: tameem has said that there will be exploration and areas which you will have to gain certain abilities to reach, so let's hope it's not too linear.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@railazel: tameem has said that there will be exploration and areas which you will have to gain certain abilities to reach, so let's hope it's not too linear.

Hopefully cause I can see a lot that they can do with Overturn...like make each path of broken and levitating platforms have diverging paths that has a great sense of exploration to find hidden items, blue orbs, gold orbs, and even secret missions or instead of having the stage design not so linear make you find the path on your own. Make it like a classic Sonic/MegaMan(classic, X, Zero, ZX) type platforming those don't run on DMC, Zelda, Darksiders, & Okami puzzle gimmicks but still promotes exploration.

Agility

"Known"
Hopefully cause I can see a lot that they can do with Overturn...like make each path of broken and levitating platforms have diverging paths that has a great sense of exploration to find hidden items, blue orbs, gold orbs, and even secret missions or instead of having the stage design not so linear make you find the path on your own. Make it like a classic Sonic/MegaMan(classic, X, Zero, ZX) type platforming those don't run on DMC, Zelda, Darksiders, & Okami puzzle gimmicks but still promotes exploration.

What are you saying?

What the **** are you saying!?

Lmao!

Agility

"Known"
Simple don't make the platforming so linear cause not even Sonic games are so linear since DmC is using some Sonic platforming method.

Then...

images

Agility

"Known"
..............obviously you never played Sonic or MegaMan games....as well as probably Zelda, Okami, or Darksiders but if you played DMC you must gotta get it.

If you're trying to say that games like my favorite Megaman X 2 & 3 have diverging paths, then lol.

Zelda has diverging paths. Like seriously, it's one of those games that mimicks Megaman's get this ability to move to the next. But it does it in a way that doesn't tell you where to go. You'll have to talk to locals or explore for the path to be clear.

Darksiders exploration/fun puzzles.

Haven't played Okami.

So let's not say things like "Find the path." Because the games you don't WANT DmC to be like have what you want.

Unless you're asking for simplistic platforming then wtf is this ****!?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If you're trying to say that games like my favorite Megaman X 2 & 3 have diverging paths, then lol.

Zelda has diverging paths. Like seriously, it's one of those games that mimicks Megaman's get this ability to move to the next. But it does it in a way that doesn't tell you where to go. You'll have to talk to locals or explore for the path to be clear.

Darksiders exploration/fun puzzles.

Haven't played Okami.

So let's not say things like "Find the path." Because the games you don't WANT DmC to be like have what you want.

Unless you're asking for simplistic platforming then wtf is this ****!?

I DON'T WANT DmC TO HAVE LINEAR & SIMPLISTIC PLATFORMING!!!!

Is that clear now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom