• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'm Disappointed at Gamescon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Some people just can't hold their pee.

You can only pee if there is pee to be hold.

I'm not excited....to be excited you must be extremely pleased with what they gave you thus far.....I'm just mildly entertained.

I'm not disappointed by the amount of content they showed...I'm disappointed by the quality....the new stage is very bland and boring platforming, the new enemies seems so limited and boring at least DMC4 enemies sure they weren't up to DMC3 & DMC1 standards of difficult were at least cool & challenging enemies to fight and weren't one move wonders. The only enemy I actually like thus far is the Chainsaw wielding drone, the fire & ice drone, and the Rages because they put up a slight challenge. The new weapon looks like sh*t and is very bland compared to the past ones even Arbiter & Osiris. Their only cool feature is being able to charge up each attack but past fist weapons were MUCH cooler. As I said before this could've easily had been forgivable if they had thrown in another weapon to make up for the current crappy one (Eryx). If your going to throw in one new weapon it better be good.

Agility

"Known"
You can only pee if there is pee to be hold.

I'm not excited....to be excited you must be extremely pleased with what they gave you thus far.....I'm just mildly entertained.

I'm not disappointed by the amount of content they showed...I'm disappointed by the quality....the new stage is very bland and boring platforming, the new enemies seems so limited and boring at least DMC4 enemies sure they weren't up to DMC3 & DMC1 standards of difficult were at least cool & challenging enemies to fight and weren't one move wonders. The only enemy I actually like thus far is the Chainsaw wielding drone, the fire & ice drone, and the Rages because they put up a slight challenge. The new weapon looks like sh*t and is very bland compared to the past ones even Arbiter & Osiris. Their only cool feature is being able to charge up each attack but past fist weapons were MUCH cooler. As I said before this could've easily had been forgivable if they had thrown in another weapon to make up for the current crappy one (Eryx). If your going to throw in one new weapon it better be good.

Hey man that's cool I never said it wasn't.

I hope that there will be something to satisfy that hype meter of yours.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hey man that's cool I never said it wasn't.

I hope that there will be something to satisfy that hype meter of yours.

It better.....now I'm not disappointed in the game....I can lay that verdict down when it comes out and someone reviews it or I play it but I am disappointed by what was shown at Gamescon. I'm mainly afraid at what is going to be in the initial final version if all that I'm seeing is barely all that great.

This is what I expect from DmC:
-No less than 20 missions, more than 20 great
-A lot of unique and challenging bosses and boss fights
-A story that is at least better than all past DMC games....and anything Kamiya and Platinum ever wrote
-10+ weapons, 10 is fine but over 10 would be great
-More moves and combos than any past DMC game
-Great and enjoyable yet challenging platforming (I see that only in the Night Club stage the rest are bland as hell)
-Bloody Palace Mode(just be in there and I don't care how...having a lot of stages like 9000 was intense and long but having 90-100 stages TIMED was a pain in the ass but whatever)
-As much difficult modes and return DMC4's old difficulty modes (Dante Must Die, Heaven or Hell, & Hell & Hell)
-It being an actual challenge
-15-20 hours of gameplay time
*Most of all....a BOSS BATTLE MODE (I won't be disappointed if its in there but having it would make a VERY HAPPY COSTUMER...DMC was long due for this)
*Vergil mode seems possible and I would like to play it if its well done

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Oh, and I almost forgot.
INB4THREADLOCK!!!

116154_animated_applejack_in_before_the_lock_macro_display.gif

Railazel

Some people just can't hold their pee.

What?

well maybe greedy was a bad word to use.
i guess some people put their expectations too high.

Yep, that's about right.

Personally, I figured that NT would make a much deeper story than the past DMCs. However, it seems that all they did was just mesh them together into an origin story and put a spice of social satire on it to make it more creative, which doesn't really make it any deeper than any of the other games.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I found the content we received at Gamescom more than satisfying, the Vergil reveal would have been enough for Me, but a new Boss battle along with new areas was definitely a plus.

It's reasonable to assume that since the game is still quite a time away, an excruciatingly high expectation forms almost of its own accord to the point where no matter the amount of new information you receive, you're never satisfied, that's why it's better to pace yourself and maybe take a break from the forum or perhaps Devil May Cry in general for a little bit.

Capcom/Ninja Theory are simply doing the same; Pacing themselves. They don't want to blow their load just yet.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I found the content we received at Gamescom more than satisfying, the Vergil reveal would have been enough for Me, but a new Boss battle along with new areas was definitely a plus.

It's reasonable to assume that since the game is still quite a time away, an excruciatingly high expectation forms almost of its own accord to the point where no matter the amount of new information you receive, you're never satisfied, that's why it's better to pace yourself and maybe take a break from the forum or perhaps Devil May Cry in general for a little bit.

Capcom/Ninja Theory are simply doing the same; Pacing themselves. They don't want to blow their load just yet.
exactly.

Railazel

This is a very odd statement considering that no developer wants to "blow their load" concerning their game.

Personally, I believe that never being satisfied is actually good thing. The developer needs to know that they have to do better; that what they did was great but not good enough. So Stylish Nero's disappoinment, while regrettable, should be welcomed because it means two things:
1) NT was doing great with the amount of info they provided and how they presented that info.
2) That DmC could go to very high places if NT pays attention to feedback like this.

It's not like NT has to feed us want we want but its our money and time we're spending on their game and I would like it to be certain that it would be worth the money well before the game comes out. Personally, if I had just one hint that it would all be worth the waiting, my time on this forum, the research, and the money I'm going to spend on it, I would just chill and wait patiently for it's release. As of yet, that hint has not popped up.

Dante47

Well, it's kind of hard to show a deep story in a two minute long trailer.
Yeah you can, you just have to do things right. You don't have to add everything everybody asks you to but adding just the right elements will please anybody.
This is how the age of "casual" gaming came to be. Pleasing everyone in video games has always ended catastrophically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom