• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you made your own hack & slash game like Devil May Cry...?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I would try to mix it with horror themes, and make really refined horror HnS that retained it creepiness despite action-oriented gameplay.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Either a WH:40k themed where you would play as an Eldar Autarch or a Lovecraft-y theme kind of like Bloodborne.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Either a WH:40k themed where you would play as an Eldar Autarch or a Lovecraft-y theme kind of like Bloodborne.
WH:40 one sounds nice. Personally I would love to play as a Blood Angel. +_+

And the type of HnS I'd like to make would be a bit horror with some mythology in it. Not just Greek or Japanese, but some Norse in it too. Maybe a bit steampunk. ;3

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't want to give the full idea away, as it is based on my novel I'm working on.

But it's dubbed Hell Boy Wonder and is an action/comedy superhero story with demonic possession.

The combat would be based on a more elaborate brawler like system that will allow you to basically create your on fighting style in a martial science like manner. Think something like God Hand, but more freeflowing. You'll be able to tap in to demonic powers such as spawning demonic weapons and magic spells in the midst of combat on the fly. You'll also be able to use your demon for devastating tag attacks similar to Vergil's clone moves.

The cast will be a pretty diverse, interesting, and even bizarre set. With a wacky main villain who possesses a sick sense of humor. Yes, the comedy would be dark and mature at times, but you can bet your ass hilarious. From the entertaining cutscenes to the in context taunts and quips shouted during mid battle, the game would have a great sense of humor.

While I would mainly love to create horror games, a fast and furious action game with comedic elements would also be a lot of fun to do.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would give character options for race picking
they would be as follows
Vampire
Lycan
Cambion
Demon
Nephilim
Human

I would give full clothe customization with tops bottoms trenchcoats etc

I would give you a fighting style pick which would influence your moves and your weapons

The fighting style and cpmbat would be a mixture of classic DMC mainly 3-4 and aslo lords of shadow and ninja gaiden

The weapons would be
twin cutlasses
Twin katanas
Single katana
Broadsword
Gaumtlets and greaves
sycthe
huge hammer
Claymore broadsword
Whip with chain
staff or kusari gama

Side weapons would be available too mainly guns

You would also have magic abilities depending on tje fighting style you use
The fighting styles
Brawler
swordsman
Mage
Samurai
Brute
Assassin
Warrior

The magic abilities
Teleportation
Speed dashing
Spells
Barrier erecting
Infusing your weapons with powers
regeneration
And style exclusive supers

It would be a horror rpg wirh massive scale maps and hack and slash combat gameplay with juggle and cancelling properties

I would have coop and tag team pvp or free for all pvp etc

You would be able.to get cameo appearances from demon hunters like Dante from DMC and ryu hayabusa and Gabriel belmont who couod join your party and teach you moves of there's to use for your character

I would give team supers and team attacks allowing two or more players to juggle enemies between them.

There would be massive scale fights like dynast warriors or LDK but with intelligent ai that attack frequently and together. You would fight demons lycans vampires nephilim, trolls ogres and more and could join quests with other people online and make your own clans. You could design and decorate your own den for your class which would have benefits

Dunno whar to call it though lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ha ha ha the irish accent needs to be done by an irishman though vw , most times irish accents are done it is americans doing a stereotype of the way they think we talk or sound

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Some are decent at pulling off the accent while others are cringe worthy bad at it

and I wasn't saying it like they were comitting a crime lol I was just saying that people not from the place there trying to portray do not usually do a good representation of the people who are from said place

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I got this dark fantasy/action story I've been working on. And I have a few main characters. Character number 1 is a dhampir (half vampire) who is on one hand the son of a vampire, but on the other hand comes from a long line of Hunters. Number 2 is a werewolf and character number 1's best friend. Character number 3 is a powerful witch and character number 1's love interest.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
1. i'll rip off DmC characters with a taste of DMC2 dante feel, going DMC3 way especially the atmosphere and mood.. the setting will be a mixture of DMC3, DmC and bloodborne.. a modern dark gloomy gothic world..

2. the theme will be mist, with all the creatures coming from it..

3. the fashion sense is post-apocalyptic

4. gritty dark cool action, combos n horror is the gameplay

5. weapons will be melees and fire arms..

6. protagonist is ambidextrous

7. 30 hrs to finish the game

8. upgrade system

9. more weapons than the dmc series

10. villain is a deity, haven't got an idea which deity..

11. lots of supporting characters with important roles

12. story driven, with heavy and mature theme..

13. i want a game like this dammit..

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I guess something that combines the best parts of Phantasy Star Portable 2, Jet Force Gemini, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix game on PS3/360.

To be fair however, Half-Blood Prince was the last decent HP game to come out imo -- before the brand name went to **** on game platforms in general.

May that particular wayward franchise R.I.P. :'(

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I want to make a hack and slash game set in space or in the backdrop of a different mythology or folklore because I wanna move away from demons and castles (not that i hate them but variety is awesome)

I would wanna make it a little different in terms of structure because most hack and slash are pretty linear. There was an article on gamespot.com about Afro samurai 2 being an episodic game so i wouldn't mind experimenting with that structure.

Sandalflash

I would make one based around musical instruments that transform into weapons. Also, the final boss would be God.

Top Bottom