• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you made your own hack & slash game like Devil May Cry...?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Devil May Cry involved with Christianity and various mythologies for demons and angels.

Ninja Gaiden involved fiends.

God of War was about Greek mythology.

Onimusha? Oni & demons.

Metal Gear Rising is about Raiden's life after Solid Snake's final mission.

But what about for future hack'n slash games?

- Future game: Norse mythology - hope the hero won't be like Kratos.
Odin, Thor, Loki, etc.

- Future game: Indiana Jones-like Treasure hunter. Since Tomb Raider Lara Croft & Uncharted Nathan Drake, this treasure hunter should wield an ancient sword.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I got this dark fantasy/action story I've been working on. And I have a few main characters. Character number 1 is a dhampir (half vampire) who is on one hand the son of a vampire, but on the other hand comes from a long line of Hunters. Number 2 is a werewolf and character number 1's best friend. Character number 3 is a powerful witch and character number 1's love interest.

I like that.

How about....

Characters:
Dhampir (half vampire)
Lycan (best friend)
Witch (love interest)
Jiangshi (Chinese vampire) - the mentor?

There's also....
Fishes (Merfolk)
Snakes (Gorgons or Nagas)
Birds - Avians (Harpies, Archangels)

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I like that.

How about....

Characters:
Dhampir (half vampire)
Lycan (best friend)
Witch (love interest)
Jiangshi (Chinese vampire) - the mentor?

There's also....
Fishes (Merfolk)
Snakes (Gorgons or Nagas)
Birds - Avians (Harpies, Archangels)
I do intend to include creatures from several mythologies and folk lore. Also, his mentor's his maternal uncle, who is human and a hunter.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Since God of War is about Greek Mythology and it's concept is revenge on Kratos, if there was a new hack'n slash game which involves Norse Mythology, what would you see it differ from God of War?

Cause I don't wanna have to deal with another Kratos who's bloodlust.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
How about horror film slashers as the enemies or bosses for the half-vampire protagonist to kill?
Not exactly, I was mainly going Supernatural's route. Keeping everything on creatures based on folklore, the main character is a horror movie fan though, his favorite being Evil Dead 2 (Which I kinda based on myself....don't judge me)

LuciferHades

Let's rock,babes!!
Well,I'd probably make my hack 'n' slash game be in a way similar to Devil May Cry,down to where the protagonist and antagonists are concerned somewhat

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Since God of War is about Greek Mythology and it's concept is revenge on Kratos, if there was a new hack'n slash game which involves Norse Mythology, what would you see it differ from God of War?

Cause I don't wanna have to deal with another Kratos who's bloodlust.
a valkryie for a lead character, they tend to "shepherd" the souls of fallen warriors from the mortal realm to Valhalla.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I actually had an idea way back when (like, the old forums way back) about a hack 'n slash of mine. If anyone is interested, I can share.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm interested. Now, was it just an idea or was it more? ;)

Unfortunately I have zero programming experience, so it never went as far as a game, but conceptually there was much more than an idea.

The simplest gist of it was that you were an escaped government experiment codenamed Basilisk, a lizard-man type creature deft with both claws and sword, with the ability to devour his enemies to regain health, get items, and even acquire new weapons.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
I know the feeling. I've played around with pixel art since....ever, and I've always wanted to make my own game, but try as I might, things never really went anywhere.

Currently, I work as a professional UI designer for a small indie studio. It lets me work on games, to be sure, and I make money doing it, but I have little to no creative input on what we're making. :(

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I know the feeling. I've played around with pixel art since....ever, and I've always wanted to make my own game, but try as I might, things never really went anywhere.

Currently, I work as a professional UI designer for a small indie studio. It lets me work on games, to be sure, and I make money doing it, but I have little to no creative input on what we're making. :(

Mm, seems we're both in the same boat, just different classes. Heh.

What did you think of the description, though?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
it would basically be devil may cry wearing a "stoner comedy" skin. in short, the main protagonist would only be able to fight off the 5th dimensional illuminati aliens if he was high. and the more stoned he gets the more powerful he becomes. and in the end he has to battle the president because reasons

Top Bottom