• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

if DMC5 is made instead of DmC2...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
...Then I have a sh*t ton of expectations. Considering I was a fan of DMC first before DmC, I want the following in a DMC5 if I can wholefully accept the original series again. So here it is;

Environment
167390a6bb.jpg

None of that anime bullsh*t. I want that full package Castlevania style castle with dark scenery and some actual fear when I step into a castle. I want some actual eerie music to go with it that makes every step we take a horror filled nightmare as the castle becomes more and more infested with demons. I want to have twist and turns that aren't impossibly hard but also challenging and wide to allow us to explore a lot more then we have before. The same goes for other areas besides the castle. Just make it interesting and explorable.

Demons
Dantes-Inferno-Big-Bad-580x326.jpg

Don't make the demons look like pretty light shows (DMC4) make the demons actually look terrifying. Make them be ravaging creatures that want blood and will mindlessly kill for it no matter what. Let their appearance reflect that. Make the demons into scary and evil looking creatures and make them all have a unique set of skills to offer to the stage. Basically, don't do what DmC did in terms of variety of attacks, but don't do what DMC4 did and make the demons look stupid. Make demons as evil as they are perceived to be.

Gameplay
1227810-devil_may_cry_4_pics_204_2.jpg

If you're gonna use your past games as references, at least do something new with those references. I don't need two more DMC3 copy and paste games. (DMC4 the first) I want the gameplay to take a few things from its past games. bring back the styles that were used in DMC3, bring back the wall running from DMC2-3, make the gameplay look like an art form like DmC, and add in a few new things as well. DmC added inverse rainstorm, a movable camera, better mechanics. It's time for the original games to pick up the slack. DMC5 should strive to use what's been seen before and advance.

Weapon designing
Dante__s_Devil_Arms_by_TheMissingCloud.png

DMC needs to have good weapon designing. the worst for weapon designing I've seen was DMC3. I just found the way the weapons looked so gaudy and too colorful for weapons that belonged to demons. SO I want the weapons to have a bit more variety in the way they're designed and color but keep them actually looking like demon weapons and not fashion accessories on Dante's person.

NO backtracking

15-combatadjudicator.jpg

Backtracking was something not needed for DMC. Especially DMC4. So no backtracking to the point that we have to run all the way back to where we started. Challenging puzzles, sure, but no bullsh*t like you pulled in DMC4 both with Dante and getting to the actual destination with Nero. Which brings me to another expectation;

NO NERO
nero-devil-may-cry-4-30453242-576-293.jpg

That is all. Or at least make him actually cool and not some wanna be punk kid who wants to be like Dante.

And lastly;

Make old Dante cool again.
DMC1_Dante.jpg

Honestly Dante stopped being cool once DMC4 came out. He became a parody of himself and lost what made him actually cool again. So I'd like there to be a cool old Dante again like how he was in DMC1. Or at least make his character intresting like it was in DMC1. Hell DMC3 Dante had a cool character so why can't they get it right for DMC4 Dante as well? So I just want a cool old Dante. No super serious DMC2 Dante, no fratboy DMC3 Dante, no cowboy superiority complex DMC4 Dante. Just an actual cool old Dante.

But this is all of my personal wants for DMC5 IF Capcom makes one.

If they confirm a DmC2, I'll make a list for that as well at some point.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I'd do something similar to KH BBS and split the game into 3 playable characters so you get to cover more ground storywise. So in addition to Dante, Nero and Trish or Vergil would have a seperate playable that shows the bad guy and the world in a new light.

For example, Nero could be recruited by the bad guy because they are family and Trish could be doing a undercover op like what she did as Gloria in DMC4.

Allowing people to have chosen to play as Nero would have made less hated because he wasnt forced on you the way he was in 4. Plus shshowing what trish was doing might have fleshed out the order a.d been a chance to tie together some contuinity.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Actually i'd want demons to be more intellectual because being that "Big ugly grunt" reduces the awesomeness of demons..

I actually want demons to act like they did in DMC 1 sure they were cliched but they still weren't just generic target practices like they were in DMC 3&4.

Secondly there needs to be a more driving plot in DMC 5 or at least a promising premise which we can take seriously for once.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i agree to all of this but would expand on dmc4‘s gameplay more add to it and make the enemies smarter and able to dodge or parry your attacks and make them hideous but powerful and agile also i would have the majin form but instead of as a last resort have it as a dt with a seperate bar you have to fill by dping certain requirements but have regular dt too of course also i agree bring back the wall running have a castle environment thats dark and eerie setting , if nero is to be in it let him have his own story selectable from the menu so there is no backtracking and,have nero go through the castle from a different side so the levels for him are different and if trish and lady are in it give them a side mission or something instead of a cameo and lastly i would love if you could pick 4 devil arms and 4 guns to switch between on the fly but jave all the weapons from the previous games and new devil arms selectable and upgradeable from the mission menu and give nero new devil arms unique to him too and have two final bosses one for nero and one for dante

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
I don't know if I'm alone on this but anyone else notice 2/3 of all of this guys posts are backdoor stabs at DMC4. Opinions are great and all but for f*** sake, if you've read one you've read all of these guys posts. I better not hear anymore complains about DMC fans not respecting DmC when it clearly works both ways.

[Alrightrantover]

I agree on some of these. More effort on exploration would be great but if anyone remembers, DMC1 had more backtracking than any other in the series. There was a lot of puzzle solving and condition based section that I would like see again. The demons look the same throughout the series so I don't think that complain holds merit. My only comment on that is that they act more like they did in DMC1. DMC4 just introduced artifical demons with shiny angel like features (which is exactly what Sanctus was going for) Every DMC (besides 2 and DmC) had castles so I hope they stay as well. Bringing Nero back would be their best chance to flesh him out so I want him to return (not in Dantes scenario but in his own optional one) along with Lucia and Trish. Lady could be extra maybe because she really is my best bet if they ever decided to give Dante a love interest (which can only work if it isn't paid too much attention to but still tickled at from time to time). Agreed that weapons need verity and a larger arsenal. And some new style tricks for Dante would be cool and return some of the styles that were in 3.

As for story, I'd like it to take place after DMC2 where Dante is stuck in hell and s*** gets seriously gritty. Lucia thought it was Dante returning to his shop only to find out it was Trish looking for him. Now that a months time has past Lucia's worry at the end of DMC2 has merit because things aren't going the way they did for Sparda! Dun dun dunnnnnn!!!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm going to nit pick for a bit.
Environment

None of that anime bullsh*t.

What part of the environments were anime? Fortuna looks like victorian London with some other European influences but there is nothing 'anime' about it. The envirements are certainly cleaner than the rest of the series and there are lasers but 'anime' doesn't apply to every thing in the game.

I want that full package Castlevania style castle with dark scenery and some actual fear when I step into a castle. I want some actual eerie music to go with it that makes every step we take a horror filled nightmare as the castle becomes more and more infested with demons. I want to have twist and turns that aren't impossibly hard but also challenging and wide to allow us to explore a lot more then we have before. The same goes for other areas besides the castle. Just make it interesting and explorable.
That's the dream for all games but easier said than done. Budget, me boy, is something that all Capcom games are going to be under from this point on.

Demons
Don't make the demons look like pretty light shows (DMC4) make the demons actually look terrifying. Make them be ravaging creatures that want blood and will mindlessly kill for it no matter what. Let their appearance reflect that. Make the demons into scary and evil looking creatures and make them all have a unique set of skills to offer to the stage. Basically, don't do what DmC did in terms of variety of attacks, but don't do what DMC4 did and make the demons look stupid. Make demons as evil as they are perceived to be.
Considering Capcom's philosophy regarding the DMC franchise I think this is a most definite impossibility. Their take on this has, with the last 2 games, to appeal to as many people as possible and get those God of War sales numbers. They will not risk alienating any one by making scary creatures. They will make them cool looking, impressive to the eye, but scary went out the window when they decided that female gamers were in to pretty boys and not horror so frightening atmosphere and terrifying creatures are no longer part of the menu. Leave that to the Silent Hills and Resident Evils, there is none of that in this franchise.

Gameplay

If you're gonna use your past games as references, at least do something new with those references. I don't need two more DMC3 copy and paste games...
I'm guessing this isn't going to happen ether. With the pattern as it goes the next installment will be no different than 4 and DmC, they will simply trim the edges and make some small improvement on what is already there. It's called playing it safe.

NO backtracking

Backtracking was something not needed for DMC. Especially DMC4. So no backtracking to the point that we have to run all the way back to where we started. Challenging puzzles, sure, but no bullsh*t like you pulled in DMC4 both with Dante and getting to the actual destination with Nero.
Budget. With DMC4 Capcom pulled the money from under the rug and they had to get creative with how they finished the game. There is no way to predict whether or not they will do this again so this is still a very real possibility.

Make old Dante cool again.

Honestly Dante stopped being cool once DMC4 came out. He became a parody of himself and lost what made him actually cool again. So I'd like there to be a cool old Dante again like how he was in DMC1. Or at least make his character intresting like it was in DMC1. Hell DMC3 Dante had a cool character so why can't they get it right for DMC4 Dante as well? So I just want a cool old Dante. No super serious DMC2 Dante, no fratboy DMC3 Dante, no cowboy superiority complex DMC4 Dante. Just an actual cool old Dante.
I don't know if Capcom knows how to pull it off. I also don't think Kamiya knows how, ether, and I don't think Mikami has any interest in setting foot on this franchise again. I think that is another thing in the DMC1 pile of things that will never make a comeback along with the original voice actors, creature designs, and creepy environments and atmosphere.

But this is all of my personal wants for DMC5 IF Capcom makes one.
I see two possibilities here. the will ether wait till they recover from this financial hole they've dug themselves in or they will release a very safe game to the consumer. Ether way, I don't think Capcom understands their franchises anymore, I don't think they understand that those numbers and charts they keep using as beacons for their decision making are not absolute. They seem to have forgotten what made their games great and decided to morph them into CoDs and GoWs on the principal that they sell better and therefore that's where the money is.

I know where you're coming from but I stopped believing in Capcom's ability to see what seems obvious to the rest of us.

Honestly, as long as they keep the camera system, combat mechanics, and refined controls of DmC I'll be there to buy whatever comes next, whether that be DmC 2 or DMC5. The only thing I disagree with is the need for any puzzles at all, I just don't care for them in an action game. I just want thrilling environments for me to wreck havok on demons stylishly. The focus should be completely on creating cinematic combat arenas and lots of rewarding enemy types, more stuff like dreamrunners, butchers, and tyrants.

Oh, and another thing, the ability to swap out dante and vergil's combat styles on their models, yeah I know narrative blah blah blah, but as much I loved modding, I wish those things were just there in the first place so I and many others could just enjoy them. I think lots of people would love it the ability to choose darkslayer style or just the regular Dante style.

Also, if they're going to allow style equipping, they should just go nuts with the costumes, lets do some shirtless skins, undershirt, etc, you have so many possibilities for costume unlocks to keep players interested.

And Lastly, more boss fights like Hunter, Bob Barbas, Vergil, and Hollow Vergil instead of Succuundus and Munduubus.

DragonMaster2010

Honestly, as long as they keep the camera system, combat mechanics, and refined controls of DmC I'll be there to buy whatever comes next, whether that be DmC 2 or DMC5. The only thing I disagree with is the need for any puzzles at all, I just don't care for them in an action game. I just want thrilling environments for me to wreck havok on demons stylishly. The focus should be completely on creating cinematic combat arenas and lots of rewarding enemy types, more stuff like dreamrunners, butchers, and tyrants.

Oh, and another thing, the ability to swap out dante and vergil's combat styles on their models, yeah I know narrative blah blah blah, but as much I loved modding, I wish those things were just there in the first place so I and many others could just enjoy them. I think lots of people would love it the ability to choose darkslayer style or just the regular Dante style.

Also, if they're going to allow style switching, they should just go nuts with the costumes, lets do some shirtless skins, undershirt, etc, you have so many possibilities for costume unlocks to keep players interested.

And Lastly, more boss fights like Hunter, Bob Barbas, Vergil, and Hollow Vergil instead of Succuundus and Munduubus.

I think what you suggested would fit better for a DmC2 then a DMC5. But some of those things you said could be implemented into DMC5.

I don't know if I'm alone on this but anyone else notice 2/3 of all of this guys posts are backdoor stabs at DMC4. Opinions are great and all but for f*** sake, if you've read one you've read all of these guys posts. I better not hear anymore complains about DMC fans not respecting DmC when it clearly works both ways.

Not really. I was just really disappointing with DMC4, and don't want Capcom making those same mistakes for a DMC5.

And also, if my signature isn't sign enough where I stand in all this, I don't know what is.:troll:

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Not really. I was just really disappointing with DMC4, and don't want Capcom making those same mistakes for a DMC5.

And also, if my signature isn't sign enough where I stand in all this, I don't know what is.:troll:
Like I said opinions are cool and all and no hard feelings, (really I don't need to look at your sig to know you camp on Papa-Tameem's lap :troll:) Just what I've noticed is that most of your posts, whether it constitutes to the new or old DMC always goes full circle to "Oh and I hate DMC4."If you could make a point without bashing DMC4 down, I might see you in a different light. But from what I've seen of your posts, you kinda seem no different from those guys who bashed DmC left and right. I mean come on guys!!!

Can we respect each others opinions for once!!!? ...No??? *gets a tomato thrown at him* ...Oh alright then.....
>_>
<_<
>_>

nerochum2_zps8eeaf06c.jpg

Phlogiston

One thing (Out of many) that I did like about DMC3 was that it was the only game to really have classical "demon" enemies. At least, moreso than the other games.

Backtracking will always be a part of the classic series (Have yet to play DmC), because its just efficient for a developer. And it makes the games feel less linear than they actually are.

DragonMaster2010

Like I said opinions are cool and all and no hard feelings, (really I don't need to look at your sig to know you camp on Papa-Tameem's lap :troll:)

Because I love papa-Tam Tam. He's cool. Unlike a certain someone in a red ugly coat and nasty white hair. :cool::troll:

Just what I've noticed is that most of your posts, whether it constitutes to the new or old DMC always goes full circle to "Oh and I hate DMC4."If you could make a point without bashing DMC4 down, I might see you in a different light. But from what I've seen of your posts, you kinda seem no different from those guys who bashed DmC left and right. I mean come on guys!!!

That's where you're wrong. Not every post is against DMC4. I just happen to have to include DMC4 in these arguments since I'm putting the whole DMC series in to the argument. Since DMC4 is part of DMC, obviously I have to include it. Does that mean I have to pretend I like it? No, I don't.

Can we respect each others opinions for once!!!? ...No??? *gets a tomato thrown at him* ...Oh alright then.....
>_>
<_<
>_>

nerochum2_zps8eeaf06c.jpg

NOPE.
tumblr_m4tgiec2P71rr7dyto1_500.gif
:troll:

DragonMaster2010

One thing (Out of many) that I did like about DMC3 was that it was the only game to really have classical "demon" enemies. At least, moreso than the other games.

Backtracking will always be a part of the classic series (Have yet to play DmC), because its just efficient for a developer. And it makes the games feel less linear than they actually are.

It's one thing to backtrack, but its another to literally back track every level you went through the first time then have to go backwards all the way back to where you came from. That's not efficient in my book. I call that lazy.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Make Nero the main character, because there's a lot of potential for him to grow and become a more likable character. The DB arm is still hard to explain, though. Make him complete the circle of 'master surpassed by the student'. I wouldn't mind if the game had Dante as the protagonist, though. It's easier to show him grow to some point and defeating Mundus's offspring or something, but it would also be kind of depressing, since we've had Dante for four games now. Unless they change him back to some DMC1 version of himself, I think I've seen enough of him :p

No backtracking. Seriously, NONE. DMC3 got away with it, but it could've been more fun if more levels had been designed for it.

Dante should be sort of like DMC4 Dante, in that he keeps his wit. He didn't seem to be very witty in DMC1, so I wouldn't go back to that type of Dante, at least not completely. Saying he was way cooler in DMC1 than in DMC3 seems a bit weird to me, as the writing for Dante is better in DMC3.

Demons can look a bit more evil, but I wouldn't want it to devolve into some God of War facsimile. It should probably retain some diluted anime style, because not many games dare to be anime-like; there's too many realistic games as it is.

An actual Devil Trigger, please, not a 'white hair, red clothing' trigger.

Lose the lowbrow humor of 'F you' and improve the script (specifically the dialog). I mean, listening to DmC is fine at some times and outright painful at others: Mundus literally saying he controls everyone through debt, saying he'll feast on Dante's heart >_<, Vergil explaining the story of Sparda like he puts on a 'storyteller' voice and hadn't heard of Sparda before. Oh, and the acting, holy c.rap. At least make Dante's voice actor sound like he believes what he says, instead of him being tonedeaf, pronouncing everything in about two tones like he does in DmC sometimes.

No puzzles. I don't play hack and slash games for easy puzzles that don't seem to have any reason for being there.

Return to the weapon/style system of DMC3. DMC4 was just a bit too much for me. I hardly ever switched styles mid-battle because it often didn't work; in the sense that I couldn't continue a decent combo when switching constantly. That was probably because most combos don't really fit together. Switching to Gilgamesh (or any other weapon) right in the middle of a combo usually doesn't work in DMC4. It did in DMC3. Switching between weapons took too long as well. Still better than DmC's control scheme, though, I'll say that much. The weapons should be as awesome as in DMC3. Seriously, DMC1 or DMC2 pale in comparison.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Dante should be sort of like DMC4 Dante, in that he keeps his wit.
I disagree with that idea,DMC 4 dante was disengaged and uninterested in the overall premise if the main character isn't interested why should i be ?

What's going to motivate me to care about dante anymore ? in DMC 1 dante was vulnerable despite being strong and he also responded to situation with appropriate emotions,in DMC 4 he's just like a parody of character than the actual character himself.
He didn't seem to be very witty in DMC1, so I wouldn't go back to that type of Dante, at least not completely. Saying he was way cooler in DMC1 than in DMC3 seems a bit weird to me, as the writing for Dante is better in DMC3.
I personally don't think acting like a clown means being clever&witty but i digress that's not my main point
Demons can look a bit more evil, but I wouldn't want it to devolve into some God of War facsimile
Why not ? God of war has some really cool enemy designs
Y5Pw5.png

not many games dare to be anime-like;
Are you freaking kidding me ?
1.jpg

kingdom.jpg

I could go on but there is clearly an abundance of anime influenced games.
No puzzles. I don't play hack and slash games for retarded puzzles that don't seem to have any reason for being there.
I like variety in video games,i think everyone does.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I disagree with that idea,DMC 4 dante was disengaged and uninterested in the overall premise if the main character isn't interested why should i be ?

What's going to motivate me to care about dante anymore ? in DMC 1 dante was vulnerable despite being strong and he also responded to situation with appropriate emotions,in DMC 4 he's just like a parody of character than the actual character himself.

Why not ? God of war has some really cool enemy designs.

Are you freaking kidding me ?
I could go on but there is clearly an abundance of anime influenced games. I like variety in video games,i think everyone does.

That's simply not true; Dante was interested and engaged, just not in a stereotypical ''hang on! I'LL SAVE YOU! *DRUMROLL*'' type of way. Not in the Pablo Francisco-esque way of movie trailers. He helped Nero by shooting the Yamato to him, he helped bring the Savior down, he helped rescue civilians by sending Trish (and possibly Lady or other characters) and so on. Seriously, he was even watching Nero in the intro, at 2:40 or so and at 3:42. Besides, I wasn't talking about how engaged he seemed, I was talking about his sense of humor, his wit. He taunts enemies (very well, I might add), he makes cynical comments, etc etc. DMC1 Dante didn't have that much, so in a sense, I would want new Dante to be like DMC1 Dante plus some of the humor from DMC3/DMC4.

It seems as though you're parroting DragonMaster2010 here. If you simply feel the same way as him, I apologize. I just feel that your statement is an odd one, because in DMC4 he acts very similar to how he does in DMC3. So... he hasn't become a parody of himself, he has always been like that (aside from in DMC1 and the often unaccepted DMC2).

Sure, but I don't want DMC's demons to become like those of God of War. If they did become like that, it wouldn't be DMC anymore, just like DmC is not DMC (hence the different name).

I think western games should dare to be anime-like at times, too, but they often aren't. If they are, they end up being cel-shaded, but that's about it (think Borderlands 2). Nothing really anime-like in that game to me - it's more like an American cartoon with maybe a few hints of anime-ish things like characters with blue hair and stuff.
Of course there's an abundance of anime-like games made by Japanese studios that are experts at making anime-ish games. I never said there wasn't. I'm saying that, overall, there are more realistic games than anime-like games, and I think people should stop acting like everything that's Japanese is inherently bad or something.

Top Bottom