• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Devil May Cry were to continue...

The Final Offer

Oh yeah, that's right. Everyone on this thread went ahead and gave their opinion after they said which system it should be on.

And who said that the creators "shouldn't have any involvement"? Seems counterproductive to me.

But anyway, back to the original topic: If Capcom decides to put SFV exclusively on PS4 (a counter-move to Scalebounds' X1 compatibility?) then it should be safe to say that the same thing could probably happen to DMC5.
Yep and you managed to summarize yours. I got that almost instantly.

xMobilemux said that and it doesn't make any sense.

My whole point for making this thread is that, Capcom has been siding with a certain platform these past few announcements and with partnering came the half a million dollar pot added for the Capcom Cup this year. So, it's up in the air about whether or not Devil May Cry will continue to be multiplatform.

For those of you that aren't aware.
Dragons Dogma Online
Deep Down
Street Fighter V

My thing is, if you have SFV, then you have Capcom. End of story.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's like Tomb Raider being timed exclusive to Xbox One as a way to compete with Uncharted. However, is there a DMC-like game being made right now that's exclusive? Maybe if Sony comes out with a new God of War? Or Metal Gear Rising 2 maybe? But since hack n slash games don't sell a lot in general, I doubt Capcom will make DMC5 an exclusive. I seriously doubt DMC4 would have sold what it did if it was exclusive to PS3.
What sense does "timed exclusive" make? Do they really think being the first to get "Rise of The Tomb Raider" is something to write home about? It's just a sequel to the less than stellar reboot of Tomb Raider.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's like Tomb Raider being timed exclusive to Xbox One as a way to compete with Uncharted.
That's right. However, I heard from Angry Joe that MS went ahead and bought the timed exclusive outright instead of just offering to help out with the development. It was more "throw money at this and hope it'll compete with Uncharted" than actually caring about having your own "Exploration-Adventure" IP.
My thing is, if you have SFV, then you have Capcom. End of story.
You never know what Capcom might pull though. Sure, now they're all buddy-buddy with Sony (who also bought SF entirely instead of helping with the development, according to Angry Joe) but what if Sony screwed them over on some bit point in the contract? Then, seeing a way out, Capcom signs an exclusive DMC deal with MS because Sony wanted something like... more money for example?

It's not likely to happen, but MS is getting desperate. Both Sony and MS are still losing money overall, but MS still has more "financial credibility." They could end up buying DMC5 (permanently) and we'd have no say on the matter.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

-
What sense does "timed exclusive" make? Do they really think being the first to get "Rise of The Tomb Raider" is something to write home about? It's just a sequel to the less than stellar reboot of Tomb Raider.

Timed exclusives actually suck really bad because by the time the game comes out for the systems that didn't have it, it'd be spoiled all over the net and people probably won't pick it up. This is shooting yourself in the foot. Which is why alot of fans are upset over the exclusivity. It's going to harm them in the long run.

That's an opinion you're waving around there. But, I hear you. Solely put, Tomb Raider bombed and since, has been picked up by Microsoft.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Do they really think being the first to get "Rise of The Tomb Raider" is something to write home about?
It was enough to get the fanboys mad, so that counts for something (they care enough to make a big deal over it). But John Q. Public doesn't know any of this. They'll just wander along the shelves for the first six months and get Tomb Raider because they recognize the brand name and because they heard that the last one (like you said) did so well critically (and financially, despite what SE says on the matter).

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-

Timed exclusives actually suck really bad because by the time the game comes out for the systems that didn't have it, it'd be spoiled all over the net and people probably won't pick it up. This is shooting yourself in the foot. Which is why alot of fans are upset over the exclusivity. It's going to harm them in the long run.

That's an opinion you're waving around there. But, I hear you. Solely put, Tomb Raider bombed and since, has been picked up by Microsoft.
Just being the first ones to see how poop it is to me.

The Final Offer

It was enough to get the fanboys mad, so that's something (they care enough to make a big deal over it). But John Q. Public doesn't know any of this. They'll just wander along the shelves for the first six months and get Tomb Raider because they recognize the brand name and that the last one (like you said) did so well.

To keep it as streamlined as possible. Microsoft doesn't have anything to really call their own. Timed exclusives are what they use to satisfy those that don't know the technical aspects of their console. Microsoft has always tried to convince the consumer they aren't being cheated with gift baskets. If you take a look at their strategies and practices, it's there. Right now, alot of gamers don't want to admit that they chose the company that's buying temporary franchises for a leg up.

Microsoft isn't eyeing anything from the east. That's a red flag right there.

The smartest thing Sony can do and has been doing, is buying out timed DLC. They don't need entire games, because, if they want entire games they'll go get them.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
They don't need entire games, because, if they want entire games they'll go get them.
They don't want entire games because they know that there's more money in F2P and DLC then there is taking a huge financial risk on a next-gen system.

Microsoft isn't eyeing anything from the east. That's a red flag right there.
Not only because of the reasons you just listed, but also because Japan just can't make games like they used to... at least, not on current-gen systems.

They were already struggling with last-gen consoles, so this time around, they're barely hanging on by their fingernails (which is why Capcom is only releasing one brand-new game, SFV, on the PS4).

The Final Offer

They don't want entire games because they know that there's more money in F2P and DLC then there is making a huge financial risk on a next-gen system.

Not only because of the reasons you just listed, but also because Japan just can't make games like they used to... at least, not on current-gen systems.

They were already struggling with last-gen consoles, so this time around, they're barely hanging on by their fingernails (which is why Capcom is only releasing one brand-new game, SFV, on the PS4).

I'm a little bit curious as to how alot of users here view free to play. Alot haven't experienced it but, they've only heard bad things from people with bad experiences produced by bad companies.

Japan's games are actually being dialed back for PS4 games. The lack of games from Japan is actually a good sign. This type of situation occurs frequently when a new console is on the horizon. Japan would hold off on releasing sequels to their major titles on purpose. There are also those titles that have been held from a NA release and there's some strategy behind that. With J Stars Victory Vs being released for PS4 this year, it's safe to guess this is what they've planned from the start. Sengoku Basara should be next on that list. It's far too easy to just add English voices and text to a game.

When releasing a title, they have to factor in the popularity of the console. Sure, PS3 is doing great, but the PS4 is the hot new thing. So remastering and pumping out PS3 titles and major sequels on PS4 is definitely a great choice. Because we missed those games, we're hype, about as hype as Japan getting their release date months or years before.

In short, their struggle, isn't real. We're all aware of all the games Japan has announced for this year already. Major titles.

I almost forgot the other other logic behind them holding some of their games back. We usually get things late from Japan and because of this, they don't want to spoil their work (anime is what comes to mind) so they wait until we're at a point where we'd be hyped to see the latest twist in our favorite series.

Did anyone else see SSJ Goku before he released in NA? Made me wonder when he was going to go Super Saiyan. I kept saying "THIS IS IT!" everytime he powered up. Lol

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
In short, their struggle, isn't real. We're all aware of all the games Japan has announced for this year already. Major titles.
Sometimes I wonder though...

Other than that, I agree with everything you said. Well, almost...

Big titles and re-releases are one thing, but the magic that was there in the PS2 days (and in the western market in the PS3 days) is just... gone.

I for one can't want to play all these games and re-releases. But I also want more games that are even older to be available to play. Yes, we have the PS Store, but they could've released so many more titles than they currently have on the PS4.

The only reason I'm even considering a PS4 in the first place is because of the two new DMC games (and streaming). Stylish Action titles just aren't there as much as they used to be. Even something as recent as 2012 had more action than what we're getting these days.

I'm glad we're getting more games, but here's the thing: We're still waiting.

I don't like it, and I don't like the fact that they've had to re-release two older games instead of giving us two new ones instead.

The re-releases are there to make the wait more bearable; and most of the new titles haven't even been released yet. It's been a year since the PS4 came out, and the only thing I'm looking forward to (besides the two DMC re-releases) is... another re-release.

Dark Souls 2 on PS4.

That's great... but if you can't make a sequel, then make a new IP. Of course, Bloodborne looks great, but we won't know how well it'll hold up against the DS series until we actually play it.

So... that's it. One brand new game. After a whole year of waiting. Bloodborne. Persona 5 doesn't count because it was originally announced for the PS3 first... it's a technicality.

Even if it was, it would still only be two games for this year. Wow.

EDIT:

There are a few F2P games out there that are worth playing. Unfortunately, they're mostly online-only, thereby excluding anyone with a bad connection.

Back on-topic:

DMC5 would have to have a really good excuse (besides money) to make it a PS4 exclusive. Streaming your combo vids would probably be a good reason (if Capcom really wanted to come up with one on the spot) though.

The Final Offer

Sometimes I wonder though...

Other than that, I agree with everything you said. Well, almost...

Big titles and re-releases are one thing, but the magic that was there in the PS2 days (and in the western market in the PS3 days) is just... gone.

I for one can't want to play all these games and re-releases. But I also want more games that are even older to be available to play. Yes, we have the PS Store, but they could've released so many more titles than they currently have on the PS4.

The only reason I'm even considering a PS4 in the first place is because of the two new DMC games (and streaming). Stylish Action titles just aren't there as much as they used to be. Even something as recent as 2012 had more action than what we're getting these days.

I'm glad we're getting more games, but here's the thing: We're still waiting.

I don't like it, and I don't like the fact that they've had to re-release two older games instead of giving us two new ones instead.

The re-releases are there to make the wait more bearable; and most of the new titles haven't even been released yet. It's been a year since the PS4 came out, and the only thing I'm looking forward to (besides the two DMC re-releases) is... another re-release.

Dark Souls 2 on PS4.

That's great... but if you can't make a sequel, then make a new IP. Of course, Bloodborne looks great, but we won't know how well it'll hold up against the DS series until we actually play it.

So... that's it. One brand new game. After a whole year of waiting. Bloodborne. Persona 5 doesn't count because it was originally announced for the PS3 first... it's a technicality.

Even if it was, it would still only be two games for this year. Wow.

EDIT:

There are a few F2P games out there that are worth playing. Unfortunately, they're mostly online-only, thereby excluding anyone with a bad connection.

Back on-topic:

DMC5 would have to have a really good excuse (besides money) to make it a PS4 exclusive. Streaming your combo vids would probably be a good reason (if Capcom really wanted to come up with one on the spot) though.

Oh yeah, I see your point. But the positioning of games has to be sensitive to others. You wouldn't want Guilty Gear Xrd releasing with Street Fighter V. The release of each game could make or break a company. When it comes to GTA or COD, you don't want your game to ever come around that time. IGN used to make joking articles about games that were sent out to die.

I'll talk to you more on this later. I gotta hop off.

The Final Offer

We're both craving something new. It's why games like Mordor are what I resonate with. That innovation of the Nemesis system is going to make alot of games that aren't usually replay-able, replay-able. That could hold alot of us until something else comes.

Bloodborne looks great, but in the long run, I'm wondering if it'd be my thing. I want it to, but there could be control issues on my part. I already don't like stamina bars. I understand them, just don't like em. Dragon's Dogma reeled me in despite this discomforting feature.

On the subject of waiting. Yes, I know, waiting can be a "bark", but if you remember the schedule of game releases for previous consoles, it's around the same.

Maybe there's something much more important to your subconscious that is peeling you from games? I actually have had that feeling that nothing is interesting. Then I tried Guilty Gear Xrd. In my downtime, I was digging into other hobbies and meeting new faces. Actually started working on a team project weeks later. That definitely filled the hole and had me craving video games in my off time.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I'm seeing alot about Kamiya and well, he can stay where he is. Keep the button mashing lovers away from the skilled players. PLEASE. We're looking for combo videos that suit people's preference, not mash buttons to "style". Also Kamiya's style is campy and his portfolio is not as rich as the lot of people here make it out to be. Itsuno's is much more diverse and could take Devil May Cry, as a whole, in new directions with exhilarating gameplay for both DmC and DMC. Something already proven.
That's actually a really good point. DMC and DmC have both attracted a significant amount of buzz from competetive gamers. I'm sure without the step-up in combat depth and difficulty in DMC3, we never would've had the TrueStyle Tournaments...which was, at the time, the heart and soul of the Devil May Cry fan community.
As much as I like Bayonetta, I don't really see it as the same kind of skill-based or competitive experience that DMC is...probably because each games' combat is really centered around different things. Bayonetta's combat is COMPLETELY about dodging---which is why elements like Witch Time even exist as a combat mechanic---while DMC caters to a variety of approaches, from dodging, blocking, close-range, long-range, and (my personal favorite) aerial-based combat.

So, maybe my assumption about Kamiya taking the reigns should just remain on paper. Looking back, I'm not entirely sure that DMC would benefit going back to his hands.
Itsuno:
Power Stone 1 + 2
Capcom vs SNK 2​
Wow, Itsuno was the main force behind Power Stone and Capcom Vs. SNK 2? That I didn't know. That actually makes a lot of sense...and also shifts a great deal of my respect towards the man. Because believe me...I love me some CvSNK. I might actually enjoy it more than MvC2 or 3, as astonishing as it may sound.

Would you like an Order of the Sword costume for Nero? I definitely would.
I'm assuming the coat he's wearing is his uniform. My guess is that---just like the Red Queen---he modified it to suit his own style. Knowing Nero and how rebellious he is, he probably thought the standard Order uniforms were too "stiff", or something. But having him in a uniform would be really cool.

But in terms of alternate costumes for Nero---I'd like to see him in his own, proper Devil Hunter attire. It's alluded at the end of Deadly Fortune that Nero starts his own devil hunting business in Fortuna...so my question is, now that he's no longer part of the Order....how does he dress? Just something I'd like to see.

I gotta still wonder how a P* developed StarFox would have turned out. You're a big StarFox fan as well, how do you think that would have worked out?
SIGH...

Well, I know this might surprise a few people, but I was actually kind of nervous when I heard about Kamiya's interest in a new Star Fox game. I wasn't worried at all about what he'd introduce in terms of gameplay, because the Star Fox series has done new and different things with its gameplay formula for years...and I've enjoyed all of them. I'm not one of those stingy, over-sensitive purists in the Star Fox fanbase who constantly shriek about how "every game HAS to an exact replica of Star Fox 64 on pain of death"because it's not like there were other games before Star Fox 64, or anything... :shifty:

But having someone like Kamiya come in and work on it sends faint ripples of anxiety up my spine for one reason:The guy has a tendency to put style over substance. Applying that kind of mentality to something like Star Fox could yield some troublesome results. I don't want to see Fox McCloud and friends spewing anime-esque lines, or sporting edgy Shonen Jumper clothes.

Now, you might argue that "WolfOD, why're you letting Kamiya's handling of Devil May Cry worry you so much? It's not like he does this in EVERY game he makes."

Um, yes....he kinda does. Look at Viewtiful Joe. Look at Bayonetta. Look at the Wonderful 101. Look how much raging, eccentric style and pastel colors are in those games.

Star Fox can be campy at times (even though Assault was a nice blend of epic scenarios, serious moments and campy ones, IMO), but it's never too stylish for its own good. Remember, Shigeru Miyamoto envisioned Star Fox as a sci-fi epic, to counter the "sci-fi horror/isolation" feel of the Metroid series. Yes, he took inspiration from cheese-tacular escapades like Top Gun and Thunderbirds, but he wanted to change the tone after 64. And having Kamiya apply a thick coat of senseless Otaku paint all over the characters and universe might end up screwing things over.

Now, this doesn't mean I'm opposed to people outside Nintendo working on Star Fox. In fact, my favorite game in the series, Assault, was handled by Namco. They had a talented Namco artist named Hidetomo Komaki provide the look and personas of the characters, and I think he did a stellar job. (He did provide the definitive look for the Arwings, as well as the best and now-recognizable incarnation of the Star Wolf Team).

Besides, Nintendo themselves have officially confirmed at E3 2014 that they were searching for an outside developer to handle the production of the game---they themselves had the gameplay and the mechanics of the Wii U gamepad down, but they needed someone outside Nintendo to provide the story, music, character designs, etc. And I'm really curious to who it is.​

Dominus

Platform: PS4/XBone/PC
Publisher: Capcom
Reasons: A big no to Platinum handling DMC, they have Bayonetta and MGR they can work on. You don't want stylish action games to be limited to one developer, let alone Itsuno has been the one to really push the genre IMO and I know he won't put bullshit QTEs into the game, and probably won't put dumb huge boss fights in either (cough Bayonetta). Yah I know the Savior fight is counted, but at least it's the only bad boss in DMC4 (and it should be cut in SE). I also am in favor of seeing super Sayan Itsuno after he has been gone from the genre for so long. In addition to Neo_G who probably has chruned up new ideas for DMC from his work on the MvC3 series. And you know when Itsuno is down for the count he ramps up his style (see DMC3, the best DMC game).

Anyone saying PG or Kamiya, no please. I like PG, but I think they add to much extraneous crap to their games. MGR for example has a lot of potential, but they added cumbersome QTEs as a core mechanic to the game. Bayonetta isn't as fun as DMC to string combo strings together, it feels too loose IMO. I don't want DMC to veer from it's tight combat.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Platform would be PS4/Xbox1/WiiU
Publisher would be Capcom/platinum games with Stella vista Lmtd. or the persona team handling story etc.
Reasons- I dont really see anyone outside of Platinum games and capcom really doing a DMC game since most companies would just make a new ip and cut out the middleman.

Stella Vista LTD was founded by Kazuhige nojima who worked on FF7/FF8/ff10, kH 1 and 2 and one of the smash games as scenario writer. I'd get nomura of KH fame but people aint ready for the amount of zippers/belts/spiky hair and convolution yet.

Plus what incentive he has to work with capcom and DMC since he could just throw his hat in the arena with a new iP or a repurposed one.

Persona team does Person3/4/5 and catherine and we need some creativity in DMC since that anime was DULL and we could use a wider range of bad guys.

Plus Atlus and Capcom have expierence working together as they did the dmc3 dts in exchange of Dante appearing in SMT3.

Last edited:

SimoneSloe

Platform: PC;
Publisher: CAPCOM;
Reasons: My reason? Soon will come a special edition for ps4; other titles of DMC came primarily for consoles. Now, do not you think it's time to take advantage of our dear beloved PC?? I think so.

Vinosh

Platform: WII U
Publisher: Nintendo + Capcom
Reasons: Because long ago I thought Platinum game + Nintendo= Bayonetta sequel . Will be Bayonetta 2 childish game. Bayonetta 2 was a very good game . So I would really appreciate DMC Wii U version.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For the reboot-

Platform- ps4/xbo1/wiiu
Publisher- Capcom(Duh)
Developer- Double Helix (Strider) or Capcom Vancouver (Dead rising3) or NT(of course)
Reasons- Because they already have a pre-existing relationship with Capcom and are more likely to do it. As for writers I wanna see Alex Garland or Rihanna Pratchett come back or I wanna see Capcom bring in a writer from either Marvel Or DC to tackle it.

Top Bottom