• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Devil May Cry were to continue...

Meg

Just make sure you add the amount it costs to upgrade the computer.

Something PC gamers keep forgetting to add.
I'm not a PC gamer. I have a Mac with barely any games on it. :whistle:

I would rather DMC not be exclusive to any system. All I'm saying is that if it had to be, then it might as well be for PC/Mac.

It does bother me how much PC gamers keep going on about how PC is the best and how there's no reason to own a console. Like, if you want to build a PC for me and pay for all the upgrades, then okay. But otherwise, *hugs PS3 and Vita* @.@

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

I would rather DMC not be exclusive to any system. All I'm saying is that if it had to be, then it might as well be for PC/Mac.

It does bother me how much PC gamers keep going on about how PC is the best and how there's no reason to own a console. Like, if you want to build a PC for me and pay for all the upgrades, then okay. But otherwise, *hugs PS3 and Vita* @.@

LOLZ, you missed my previous post for just one second, it replies to this too.

The Final Offer

I was actually going to build a PC, then what I wanted turned out to cost an insane amount just to game at the highest quality. DMC and DmC would suffer from this. Heck, just about any game would suffer from this.

Meg

LOLZ, you missed my previous post for just one second, it replies to this too.
I've heard a number of PC gamers say you can easily build a good PC for "only $1000." :cautious:

I was actually going to build a PC, then what I wanted turned out to cost an insane amount just to game at the highest quality. DMC and DmC would suffer from this. Heck, just about any game would suffer from this.
And yet there are a ton of PC gamers. Look, I don't want DMC to be exclusive to PC. I don't want it to be exclusive to any console. I'm just looking at this as what system would DMC preform the best on: PC.

......................and Mac. You know. For me. :whistle:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I've heard a number of PC gamers say you can easily build a good PC for "only $1000." :cautious:

Me too, but most PC gaming enthusiasts's concept of "good" is what normal people consider excellent.

You can build an actual good gaming PC for around 500 euros (which is about the same in dollars I believe). Even 400 if you know the right places to look and choose the components wisely. I bought my old PC for around 470 euros and worked just fine until it fell under my brother's hands. I'm planning of getting another PC at the same price as my old one and I've already chosen some of the components.

Fine. Next time I'll just say that, "Classic DMC is in drastic need of an overhaul on every front, period."

It's accurate, and far less trollish.

Not at all accurate, but less trollish indeed.

Meg

Fine. Next time I'll just say that, "Classic DMC is in drastic need of an overhaul on every front, period."

It's accurate, and far less trollish.
Dude. :facepalm:

This thread has nothing to do with the overall quality of DMC. So yeah, you're refined statement would still be seen as trolling/flame baiting. In other threads you advocate for people to not flame bait or troll, and yet you come into a different thread and make comments like that.

The Final Offer

Dude. :facepalm:

This thread has nothing to do with the overall quality of DMC. So yeah, you're refined statement would still be seen as trolling/flame baiting. In other threads you advocate for people to not flame bait or troll, and yet you come into a different thread and make comments like that.

Wait, wouldn't DmC be considered the overhaul he's talking about? Story, presentation, characters, gameplay, and graphics engine.

Is he not suggesting DmC is what he feels DMC needs to be?

Meg

This is literally what the first post is:

You have several platforms to choose from and yet, there's only one you can choose. This means exclusivity to Devil May Cry to keep it alive. Which platform/publisher would you choose and why?

Platform:
Publisher:
Reasons:

How does this:

Classic DMC is in dire need of an enema.

Respond to the original post? It doesn't. It adds nothing. Even his refined statement does not respond to the OP. All right? Do we all understand now? Good.

Now move on.

The Final Offer

This is literally what the first post is:

How does this:

Respond to the original post? It doesn't. It adds nothing. Even his refined statement does not respond to the OP. All right? Do we all understand now? Good.

Now move on.

Um, actually Meg, it does say something about his preference. He simply doesn't care who it is or where it goes, as long as DMC gets an overhaul in the process.

It's why I didn't say anything to him. I don't find it trolling or anything of the sort. You've already pointed out that the user isn't usually like this. I understand monitoring troll posts can turn someone into suspicious about any and everything, but that's not where he's going and I see that clear as day.

I'll definitely inform you if I think something is trolling.

Meg

Um, actually Meg, it does say something about his preference. He simply doesn't care who it is or where it goes, as long as DMC gets an overhaul in the process.

It's why I didn't say anything to him. I don't find it trolling or anything of the sort. You've already pointed out that the user isn't usually like this. I understand monitoring troll posts can turn someone into suspicious about any and everything, but that's not where he's going and I see that clear as day.

Well then could you please make it more clear what you want this thread to be about? Because your first post literally asks about what platform and publisher you want and your reasons for why you want it. That's it. Nothing about whether or not you want the series to continue at all. Just what platform and what publisher. Coming in just to say that DMC needs an overhaul in every way does not contribute to anything. So I called him out on it.

Why this has turned into some big thing I have no idea. As I have said before and I will say again:

Move on.

If anyone is still upset about this, then PM me.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Actually no, it doesn't relate with your original post. He didn't say anything about the platform, nor the publisher, nor the reasons.

And yes, he is always like that, in whatever section of the forum and in whatever thread that are about DMC. It's getting old, and for those who would like to have a civil discussion, it's extremely frustrating. It just discourages peaceful people to comment in certain threads, it is a shame and it needs to end.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'll go officially on-topic then:

I don't care which system it goes on.

I don't care who publishes it.

My reasons: I just want it to be released so that there'll be no more fighting already.

Edit:
If anyone is still upset about this, then PM me.
I actually did PM you... but since you care about how I feel on the matter, I think this response will suffice. I'll consider this your "official answer."

Last edited:

The Final Offer

As much as I'd like it to be on Wii U and have as much effort put into it as Platinum did to Bayo 2, that just isn't going to happen because, let's face it, it's Capcom. They'll cut whatever corners they can with a DMC5 rather then put effort into it just like they're doing with RE Revelations 2(Again, anyone who buys Revelations 2 is part of the problem and you should feel bad if you do!!! SPEAK WITH YOUR F**KING WALLETS PEOPLE!!!!).

But I'll bite anyway.

Platform: Wii U
Publisher: Nintendo
Reasons:
Cause Nintendo wants to make Video Games, not causal show and tells.

Also get rid of Capcom, they WILL screw something up.

*Coughs*

It's Capcom. They'll cut whatever corners they can with a DMC5 rather then put effort into it just like they're doing with RE Revelations 2(Again, anyone who buys Revelations 2 is part of the problem and you should feel bad if you do!!! SPEAK WITH YOUR F**KING WALLETS PEOPLE!!!!).

Cause Nintendo wants to make Video Games, not causal show and tells.

Also get rid of Capcom, they WILL screw something up.

Can I report this as a troll post? I'm feeling some type of way about it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
And yes, he is always like that, in whatever section of the forum and in whatever thread that are about DMC.
Didn't Meg tell us to move on?

Edit: On Topic:

Well, if had to pick a favorite, it would be PS4 and whoever is making Darksiders 3.

Why? Because it's the DS series. Classic DMC needs some of that.

The Final Offer

Didn't Meg tell us to move on?

Yeah, but there are restrictions to people's opinions. What I will allow and what I won't. Everyone's that's posted has an opinion about the series. I could nitpick, but I believe the one that actually stands out...is the one with the chick saying that the creators shouldn't have any involvement whatsoever.

Nobody asked for that opinion on Capcom. It's completely off topic and is obviously a significant troll attempt.

So, this is a new subject, that isn't about your post. But the post of another I can tell is trolling because of previous behaviors.

I've moved on to cleaning up this thread.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Everyone's that's posted has an opinion about the series. I could nitpick, but I believe the one that actually stands out...is the one with the chick saying that the creators shouldn't have any involvement whatsoever.
Oh yeah, that's right. Everyone on this thread went ahead and gave their opinion after they said which system it should be on.

And who said that the creators "shouldn't have any involvement"? Seems counterproductive to me.

But anyway, back to the original topic: If Capcom decides to put SFV exclusively on PS4 (a counter-move to Scalebounds' X1 compatibility?) then it should be safe to say that the same thing could probably happen to DMC5.

Meg

Oh yeah, that's right. Everyone on this thread went ahead and gave their opinion after they said which system it should be on.

And who said that the creators "shouldn't have any involvement"? Seems counterproductive to me.

But anyway, back to the original topic: If Capcom decides to put SFV exclusively on PS4 (a counter-move to Scalebounds' X1 compatibility?) then it should be safe to say that the same thing could probably happen to DMC5.
It's like Tomb Raider being timed exclusive to Xbox One as a way to compete with Uncharted. However, is there a DMC-like game being made right now that's exclusive? Maybe if Sony comes out with a new God of War? Or Metal Gear Rising 2 maybe? But since hack n slash games don't sell a lot in general, I doubt Capcom will make DMC5 an exclusive. I seriously doubt DMC4 would have sold what it did if it was exclusive to PS3.

Top Bottom