• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Capcom decides to go back to the original series...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
...Then they better take it seriously.

I don't want a repeat of DMC4's story. I want a story that's gonna blow all the other DMC's out of the water. A DMC that isn't stereotypical anime path and no real character development, I want some quality winning anime at least and some actual character development that will make me actually care about Dante or other characters.

I also want them to focus on other characters as well. Give some spot light to Nero or Trish, or Vergil. I don't want just Dante all the time. I want variety in the game and I want them all to have proper character development as well.

I'd like for Dante to be likable. Not that ass hat from DMC4. Something like DMC1 where he actually had a character to be. Where he was actually cool. Just something that makes his character actually believable.

A little more emphases on environment wouldn't hurt either.

But this is just me for story. Gameplay, I'd like something not a copy and paste of DMC3 in terms of Dante's moves. I feel like it's becoming the same old move sets with every game except DmC and DMC2 (which tried to be different and only one succeeded.)

So yeah, that's just my opinion in terms of story.

VergilNeroDante

...Then they better take it seriously.

I don't want a repeat of DMC4's story. I want a story that's gonna blow all the other DMC's out of the water. A DMC that isn't stereotypical anime path and no real character development, I want some quality winning anime at least and some actual character development that will make me actually care about Dante or other characters.

I also want them to focus on other characters as well. Give some spot light to Nero or Trish, or Vergil. I don't want just Dante all the time. I want variety in the game and I want them all to have proper character development as well.

I'd like for Dante to be likable. Not that ass hat from DMC4. Something like DMC1 where he actually had a character to be. Where he was actually cool. Just something that makes his character actually believable.

A little more emphases on environment wouldn't hurt either.

But this is just me for story. Gameplay, I'd like something not a copy and paste of DMC3 in terms of Dante's moves. I feel like it's becoming the same old move sets with every game except DmC and DMC2 (which tried to be different and only one succeeded.)

So yeah, that's just my opinion in terms of story.

Agreed they need to go into development of the characters alittle more and explain things that are just unexplained. If they actually sit down and think I'm sure DMC 5 would be amazing and better than DMC 3. Dante does need more moves and not the same crap, advance the combat system alittle bit but honestly don't half-ass it. The original has some much potenial even now after the four games! At least I believe so.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Maybe looking into some more weapons like scythes with chains at the ends, or more dual weapons like tonfas.

VergilNeroDante

35p61j.jpg

Hell yea! Add some newer inventions rather than the same old stuff and if they are going to do that, bring back the better weapons or just add more. Have it where you can have 2 weapons and 2 guns like in DMC 3 or have 3 like in DMC 4 either way chaining combos were something I lacked but I still did alright.

Zato-OW

King
Dante in DMC4 was what he was suppose to be. He had no emotional attachments in that game at all that was in any real danger except for Nero in which when Nero was in trouble Dante smile did go away for a few seconds. Dante's personality is fine, he just needs more people that are emotionally attached to him to be in the main plot with a sense of danger that will bring out that personality of Dante. Like in DMC3, we seen a lot of different Dante's. In DMC3 we seen a cocky/wacky Dante, a angry Dante, a sad Dante, and lets not forget Vergil 3. This was because Vergil had a relationship with Dante that brought out those emotions. So you can't really blame the way he was in DMC4 on his character but blame it on the plot itself.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
DMC5 Dante going through hell. All the possibilities Nero trying to go after him; meeting up with Vergil OMG

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
well as for the characters i pretty much don't really care for anyone but Dante himself. My favorite Dante is DMC2 Dante and the anime/DMC1 Dante cuz he is somewhat both cokcy and serious in these version, i dont' mind him being that quiet
so yea i'd like have Dante like one of those
and i pretty much don't like DMC4 one, he's cool but too immature
Nero is not bad but base on my general opinion he and Kyrie are not necessary character(basically it's that ''damsel-in-distress thing and the hero saves the day). I'd rather like to see Vergil's brief appearance in DMC4/DMC2 which then they can actually make a real DMC5(like a sequel of DMC2). Also make it more mysterious at first. Like Rebellion: what if Dante unlock one of its ''mysterious'' power or its hidden abilities....etc and it is not just some giant sword with physical powers....etc
And they have to bring back the style system, more badass action and stuff. Weapns should be...i dunno, unique ? With style ? A bigger enviroment

ViewtifulStyle

Stylish and Viewtiful
If they make a DMC5, I'd rather they finish the gameplay they were going for in 4. Give Dante the moves they didn't have time to give him, add more weapons. Maybe give Nero some more options to play with two. He was fun, but I felt like he could have had more. Basically just more weapons and moves in general. Maybe some more options for Nero's DB. Although when I realized I could grab people I began to experiment with that.

The story itself is fine. I'd like to see more development from Nero and a confirmation that he's Vergil's kid instead of some Dev Diary that no one knows exists.

As well as see who his mother is.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If they make a DMC5, I'd rather they finish the gameplay they were going for in 4. Give Dante the moves they didn't have time to give him, add more weapons. Maybe give Nero some more options to play with two. He was fun, but I felt like he could have had more. Basically just more weapons and moves in general. Maybe some more options for Nero's DB. Although when I realized I could grab people I began to experiment with that.

The story itself is fine. I'd like to see more development from Nero and a confirmation that he's Vergil's kid instead of some Dev Diary that no one knows exists.

As well as see who his mother is.

The Snatch mechanic makes it very easy to string together stylish combos. I think if Nero had gotten more than the Red Queen we could've had quite more fun with him.

Granted I still like playing as him over Dante, simply because he's... Well, simpler.

ViewtifulStyle

Stylish and Viewtiful
The Snatch mechanic makes it very easy to string together stylish combos. I think if Nero had gotten more than the Red Queen we could've had quite more fun with him.

Granted I still like playing as him over Dante, simply because he's... Well, simpler.
That's actually why I dislike playing him over Dante. He's too simple that sometimes it's boring. There's nothing to get my creativity flowing.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's actually why I dislike playing him over Dante. He's too simple that sometimes it's boring. There's nothing to get my creativity flowing.

I have trouble with Dante simply because he's got so much to work with. I can't string creative combos because I'm not good with on-the-fly thinking. I usually end up sticking solely to Rebellion and Swordmaster/Trickster with a bit of Dark Slayer.

Nelo The Great

I have trouble with Dante simply because he's got so much to work with. I can't string creative combos because I'm not good with on-the-fly thinking. I usually end up sticking solely to Rebellion and Swordmaster/Trickster with a bit of Dark Slayer.
you should launch an enemy into the air and use t3 of the air slashes with rebellion, then switch to darkslayer and tack on an additional two slashes. i mostly play the bloody palace so i've strung together some neat combos.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
DMC 5 should just be dante going through hell and killing mundus and the demon princes once and for all.
It's not a direct sequel to DMC 2 and please let's just pretend Devil may cry 2 didn't exist.

VergilNeroDante

DMC 2 is part of the series regardless of what you guys say. The game was good IMO while other will state otherwise. I really don't care therefore if DMC 2 apparently doesn't exist then there would only be 3 games in the making rather than 4, just accept it and move on.

Top Bottom