• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Capcom decides to go back to the original series...

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
You make it sound like i hate the original series while DMC 3 is still my most favorite and there is no Devil may cry game will beat it for me.

So far of course.

VergilNeroDante

You make it sound like i hate the original series while DMC 3 is still my most favorite and there is no Devil may cry game will beat it for me.

So far of course.

Never said I did, you taking it out of context on that one. I just stated I'm waiting for DMC 5 while you guys play your reboot that's all.

VergilNeroDante

Again your own opinions, on the other hand I have other games to look forward towards until it happens. Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, MGR, and my current games I play which are the DMC originals, Halo 4 and CoD BO2

- The True Nephilim -

Devil Trigger Expert
I feel if they DO go back to the original series then the whole DmC game was pointless, the whole point of a reboot is to start the story and everything about it over and doing new things. If they do go back to the originals then they shouldn't have claimed this as a reboot..

Valcorn

I feel if they DO go back to the original series then the whole DmC game was pointless, the whole point of a reboot is to start the story and everything about it over and doing new things. If they do go back to the originals then they shouldn't have claimed this as a reboot..
pretty much

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

They should just say this game is set in an alternate universe (which they have said, actually). I suppose they could call DmC a spin-off. Nobody would have problems with that.

I feel DmC was pointless to begin with. The DMC series didn't need to be rebooted. Some of the plotholes can be fixed easily, and the fact that Capcom doesn't know how to do that just tells me they need to hire more creative staff. Or do they think they wouldn't be taken seriously if they did that? I honestly don't take them seriously anymore now that DmC is out. You don't just throw away an old series that has become part of people's lives, without making it end in a satisfactory way. It's still a product that you need to stay faithful to. If not, that's the end of consumer support. What I find really odd, is that they'd consider rebooting Devil May Cry when they knew they'd gain fans, but also lose them. In the end, Capcom haven't gotten any further than before. Probably as many fans as before, and one more unnecessarily 'western' game.

And yeah, they'd better take making a quality game more seriously. And do something with Nero, for Sparda's sake. I mean, don't just introduce him and then go ''nope, never happened''.
Capcom needs to stop making so many mistakes. It really seems to have gone downhill since some people left Capcom to form Platinum Games.

Nelo The Great

They should just say this game is set in an alternate universe (which they have said, actually). I suppose they could call DmC a spin-off. Nobody would have problems with that.

I feel DmC was pointless to begin with. The DMC series didn't need to be rebooted. Some of the plotholes can be fixed easily, and the fact that Capcom doesn't know how to do that just tells me they need to hire more creative staff. Or do they think they wouldn't be taken seriously if they did that? I honestly don't take them seriously anymore now that DmC is out. You don't just throw away an old series that has become part of people's lives, without making it end in a satisfactory way. It's still a product that you need to stay faithful to. If not, that's the end of consumer support. What I find really odd, is that they'd consider rebooting Devil May Cry when they knew they'd gain fans, but also lose them. In the end, Capcom haven't gotten any further than before. Probably as many fans as before, and one more unnecessarily 'western' game.

And yeah, they'd better take making a quality game more seriously. And do something with Nero, for Sparda's sake. I mean, don't just introduce him and then go ''nope, never happened''.
Capcom needs to stop making so many mistakes. It really seems to have gone downhill since some people left Capcom to form Platinum Games.
That's what they did with megaman. best decision they've ever made.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
To make more drastic changes and to market the games to a broader audience i think they did it right there was no other way.

I mean they did the same with DMC 4 it was nothing just DMC 3 with a completely different story and themes.. and it failed so they tried it again only now this time they're officially calling it a Reboot .

If you think about it almost every DMC game is a reboot...

Nerofanheart

To make more drastic changes and to market the games to a broader audience i think they did it right there was no other way.

I mean they did the same with DMC 4 it was nothing just DMC 3 with a completely different story and themes.. and it failed so they tried it again only now this time they're officially calling it a Reboot .

If you think about it almost every DMC game is a reboot...
ya know DMC4 is the best selling one in the series and it preeety much has better combat and a lock on function

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
ya know DMC4 is the best selling one in the series and it preeety much has better combat and a lock on function

Only because it was multi-platform i personally think DMC 4 is crap lock on function is just a small problem.. it'll be fixed in the next game i suppose

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Only because it was multi-platform i personally think DMC 4 is crap lock on function is just a small problem.. it'll be fixed in the next game i suppose

DMC4 wasn't so good due to all the backtracking, but you have to admit the gameplay was a step up from DMC3. I think that's what he meant as well. DmC, well, it doesn't try anything new, and neither is it as good as DMC4 in how many combos you can create and what velocity combos.

VergilNeroDante

DmC Dante your limited foras the Dante from DMC 4 you could easily throw in ideas off the bat and create something amazing. Again, rights should go to P+ because I believe they might listen to their fans rather than Capcom, then again I don't know. Either way this series to me has gone down the toilet because well, no one can ever be happy. Capcom never listened to their fans and screwed everything up and gave the series, a reboot, with a half-assed developer team, to go with it, to make a rehashed version of the original, nothing new except a coherant story. NT should have fallen long ago. The series could have continued but I feel it wont last. RIP Real DMC

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
DMC4 wasn't so good due to all the backtracking, but you have to admit the gameplay was a step up from DMC3. I think that's what he meant as well. DmC, well, it doesn't try anything new, and neither is it as good as DMC4 in how many combos you can create and what velocity combos.

I have yet to try it out on my PC ....

DMC 3 was more fun for me then DMC 4 even with the limited styles

DMC 4 had lackluster story,too much blooming in the background making the games 24/7 bright looking also i didn't like nero that much he was so limited in terms of combos and weapons

and on the other hand playing as dante was fun but the enemies were designed mainly for Nero.

VergilNeroDante

DMC 4 had lackluster story,too much blooming in the background making the games 24/7 bright looking also i didn't like nero that much he was so limited in terms of combos and weapons

and on the other hand playing as dante was fun but the enemies were designed mainly for Nero.

The game was rushed and wasn't able to be put into the process of completion, thats why it lacked.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

True, I really agree about Nero. Even DMC4 pros couldn't really create amazing combos with him (not even Kail and that other guy). DMC3 was more fun to me too, probably because of the weapons. Cerberus was awesome, and Nevan too, in a way. Heck every weapon was pretty nice. Balanced, too.

Small step up from DMC3 due to the possibility of switching styles on the fly, but a step up nonetheless.

Top Bottom