• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Capcom decides to go back to the original series...

Valcorn

Remake DMC3 with the possibility of using all styles at once and you get a MUCH superior game (even though Pandora and Lucifer are really great and unique) ... can you imagine the combos possibility?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I agree with the op and if they actually do make a DMC5, the story has to be better and has to matter to the overall series because the anime and 4 were both just fillers that had no importance to the overall story of DMC.

Just make a story that advances characters and the plot and actually answer questions and builds off continuity and you would be fine.

I would not retcon DMC4/DMC2 out since there fans who like it and would try to fix their problems. I would advocating revamping Nero from the ground up and make him less of a watered down version of Dante in terms of gameplay and personality.

snausages

Here's a great premise for DMC5 that I wrote on the back of a matchbox. Demanz. Donte kills them with smokin' sick style. One of the weapons is a rocket launcher that is also a surfboard. And that's all you need.

Honestly, it blows my mind that there are people out there who play these games for the story. It's always been about the action. Which is why I can't stand the new game. Too many cinematic interludes and set-pieces and not enough demon killing.

Valcorn

Dude, if it's being marketed as "AAA" game then it must be with high production values in all areas, just because hack and slash is about gameplay doesn't mean that it should have no story.

snausages

DMC1 was a 'AAA' game that redefined modern action gaming. It didn't need to be a labyrinthine masterpiece of literary craft to be one of the greatest games of that era.

Look at DmC. Look at what happens when you give story a place of primacy in game development. My eyes are glazing over just skipping through all the sluggish, Unreal-rendered cutscenes. I'm sick of seeing Dante gurning into the camera every time he kills something. It's fun the first time but it kills the game's replayability. It destroys the momentum.

DMC1 and 3 stand out for me for the simplicity of their plots. Demons in a castle/tower. Bad dude you must kill. Although some of DMC1's more..uh... 'dramatic' moments (you know the one I'm talking about) sat uncomfortably alongside its more cuhrazey parts. 2's moroseness bored me and 4's JRPG-style plot made it the kind of game I was embarrassed to be seen playing with company.

Valcorn

DMC3 is still the best in both story and characterization, remove those rocket surfing and motorcycle scenes + add some more background depth to wider the universe = perfect.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If they dont want to focus on story, than go all the way and don't bother giving us cut-scenes or voice acting, just give us the bloody palace.

if not, than i except you to care about what they are doing when it comes to areas outside of combat.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Well, we're(meaning the fans of DMC) ****ed now that there's a possible DmC sequel in the works...
*jumps off bridge and dies a thousand times over*

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC3 is still the best in both story and characterization, remove those rocket surfing and motorcycle scenes + add some more background depth to wider the universe = perfect.

Totally gotta disagree.
DMC3 was at least a C rated anime, just below Naruto. Love the game, but that game had lack luster characterization and its story was just a modern Inuyasha story. Its best to keep the rocket launcher surfing, because DMC3's suppose to be over the top and crazy.

VergilNeroDante

Will you idiots stop saying DMC is like Inyusha and Bleach but instead come up with something valid and would make sense rather going back to the same **** over and over again. It's kinda making my ears bleed saying DMC it too much like these anime's, which in most cases it's not.

VergilNeroDante

Totally gotta disagree.
DMC3 was at least a C rated anime, just below Naruto. Love the game, but that game had lack luster characterization and its story was just a modern Inuyasha story. Its best to keep the rocket launcher surfing, because DMC3's suppose to be over the top and crazy.

It's better than the reboot, and that game (reboot) lacks style anyways.

Martius

SSSmokin!
DMC3 is copy of Inuyasha while reboot is inspired by "Matrix", "They live" and lot of other stuff NT got ideas right? Yadada

Martius

SSSmokin!
Oh sorry, i am tired after seeing people talking like that and it looks i failed to be sarcastic. I have not seen Inuyasha so i cant compare that to DMC3.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Will you idiots stop saying DMC is like Inyusha and Bleach but instead come up with something valid and would make sense rather going back to the same **** over and over again. It's kinda making my ears bleed saying DMC it too much like these anime's, which in most cases it's not.

I don't know, it seems they like to compare Dante to other characters that wear red clothing. Morons. Getting sick of people saying ''this and that's a ripoff''. I'm sure just about every game is a ripoff in some way. It's all inspired by someting.

VergilNeroDante

I don't know, it seems they like to compare Dante to other characters that wear red clothing. Morons. Getting sick of people saying ''this and that's a ripoff''. I'm sure just about every game is a ripoff in some way. It's all inspired by someting.

Agreed! -brofist- just about every game is either a "ripoff" but thats peoples opinion but honestly games are INSPIRED by others, which then helps a game become something else. Taking ideas from other games doesn't mean its a ripoff as you people state. They take these ideas and form it into something of their own to either make it better or just play smooth or to add flavor to their games that their previous entries didnt have. DmC and MGR are examples. DmC added nothing new but a story and different characters with the same crap. MGR added a feel of DMC to it rather than being stealthy which was something I found cool (they might add some sort of stealth capability in it during its full release)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Explain in every detail possible on how DMC 3 is like Inuyasha, if you don't mind.

Two white haired sons from a great demon father known for his compassion to humans, who bequethed them two fo his powerful swords, a MASSIVE sword to the hothead who wears red and has a fondness for humans as well and a simple katana to the older more stoic son who favors blue and dislikes/looks down on humans as inferior, and a third more powerful sword that acts as a seal/control rod on the powers of hell...

You know, you're totally right, I see NO similarities there WHATSOEVER...

tokyobarnrat

starships were meant to fly
Two white haired sons from a great demon father known for his compassion to humans, who bequethed them two fo his powerful swords, a MASSIVE sword to the hothead who wears red and has a fondness for humans as well and a simple katana to the older more stoic son who favors blue and dislikes/looks down on humans as inferior, and a third more powerful sword that acts as a seal/control rod on the powers of hell...

You know, you're totally right, I see NO similarities there WHATSOEVER...

lol what are you talking about its not similar at all
because Inuwasha is so desu
and feffomaru is so uguu

tokyobarnrat

starships were meant to fly
b-but wait wait wait guise
let me throw a curveball here
what if there was a Japanese superhero who wasn't either a: cocky badass, b: go cry emo kid (aka the cloud copies), or c: waifu or poorly represented female breeding unit that gets screwed up once the directors decide she's getting too far out of the kitchen

Top Bottom