• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Capcom decides to go back to the original series...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Will you idiots stop saying DMC is like Inyusha and Bleach but instead come up with something valid and would make sense rather going back to the same **** over and over again. It's kinda making my ears bleed saying DMC it too much like these anime's, which in most cases it's not.

Inuyasha would be too long to explain but as for Bleach its mainly with DMC4.

DMC4 VS Bleach

Both feature a protagonist (Nero/Ichigo) who tries to save their girl fri......damsel in distress (Kyrie/Orihime) who actually wear similar outfits (well when Orihime was captured that is).

20080424234050%21Kyrie.jpg
Orihimecar.jpg

Against a group of villains who are similar to the main hero (Nero and the Order official both having demonic blood/traits and the Arrancars having Hollow like backgrounds just like Ichigo) who both wear similar uniforms.

Arrancar.jpg
Credo1.jpg
DMC_4_Gloria_by_Shen_Shiruba.jpg

Or have a similar theme.....nah what the Order of the Sword's outfits seem more similar to the new villains in the Bleach manga.

images
images

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
You left out out the running gag of the same voice actors between Neor/Ichigo and Kyrie/Orihime, the changing of an oversized massive blade for a more simpler yet more powerful Katana weapon...and HOLY F*CK Kyrie really is just a fancied up version of Orihime! I thought having Stephanie voice both and the burnished orange-brown hair was bad, but seeing that outfit set...

tokyobarnrat

starships were meant to fly
Inuyasha would be too long to explain but as for Bleach its mainly with DMC4.

DMC4 VS Bleach

Both feature a protagonist (Nero/Ichigo) who tries to save their girl fri......damsel in distress (Kyrie/Orihime) who actually wear similar outfits (well when Orihime was captured that is).

20080424234050%21Kyrie.jpg
Orihimecar.jpg

Against a group of villains who are similar to the main hero (Nero and the Order official both having demonic blood/traits and the Arrancars having Hollow like backgrounds just like Ichigo) who both wear similar uniforms.

Arrancar.jpg
Credo1.jpg
DMC_4_Gloria_by_Shen_Shiruba.jpg

Or have a similar theme.....nah what the Order of the Sword's outfits seem more similar to the new villains in the Bleach manga.

images
images

dis was so bootyful i craid at how grat it was
i rlly leiked the part where u once again reminded dat persuhn dere is simirarity despite that persuhn refusing to assept the fackts
i applaud you

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Two white haired sons from a great demon father known for his compassion to humans, who bequethed them two fo his powerful swords, a MASSIVE sword to the hothead who wears red and has a fondness for humans as well and a simple katana to the older more stoic son who favors blue and dislikes/looks down on humans as inferior, and a third more powerful sword that acts as a seal/control rod on the powers of hell...

You know, you're totally right, I see NO similarities there WHATSOEVER...

THIS.

MGR added a feel of DMC to it rather than being stealthy which was something I found cool (they might add some sort of stealth capability in it during its full release)

Fact: MGR is NOT like DMC after all. It's more like Bayonetta and Vanquish with Metal Gear characters with a less emphasis of stealth, although optional.

Explain in every detail possible on how DMC 3 is like Inuyasha, if you don't mind.

Here's mine in a simplest form: you should not be surprised that the original DMC is based from a Japanese perspective and Dante's personality was based from the protagonist from Space Adventure Cobra. In case of DMC3, yes, Inuyasha comes to mind with the half-demon schtick: A guy with red clothing, white hair, wields a large sword which is a memento from his father, and a brother that he never really likes. And yes, Sesshoumaru is JUST like Vergil.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Some of these things are really up to interpretation. I honestly don't think Kyrie wearing a white dress like Orihime means she's a ripoff of her. I mean, there's only so much you can do with a simple white dress. It's long like Orihime's. Wow. Incredible similarity.

I can understand how DMC3 might be a ripoff of Inuyasha, but hasn't red and blue appeared more than once? Is Dante a half wolf demon? Perhaps a sword being passed down to one's son is a pretty generic theme. I haven't seen InuYasha, but it seems nothing like DMC other than when you start focusing on the most obvious visual aspects and some details.

And the comparison between The Order of the Sword's outfits and other Japanese style military outfits is just laughable, sorry to say. I guess I must be a ripoff of other people who wear long, black coats. Effin hell.

'Ripoff' doesn't mean the same as 'inspired by'.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
look guys, can we not play the ripoff game?

that has no bearing on the thread and it is a game that has no end because guess what? Writing does not happen in a vacuum so chances are most ideas writers have or most writing styles are inspired/taken from someone else which has always happened.

The only difference is that nowadays its easier to get caught because you have the internet to make connections to and do research faster.

hell my creative writing teacher said "Good writers borrow, Great writers steal".

So the fact that it might have ripoffed these stories does not matter because hell its not like DMC is the only series that has "ripoffed" something. Hell I'm sure if we really dissect the reboot, we could find it "ripoffs" a lot of other stories too

So look to answer the OP question, If they do a DMC5, i just want them to give a damn about the story they were trying to tell and the characters they were trying to create.

That's the problem with DMC4, it felt like they just didn't give a damn about the story or nero. And if their not gonna give a damn, than why should I?

Nelo The Great

Some of these things are really up to interpretation. I honestly don't think Kyrie wearing a white dress like Orihime means she's a ripoff of her. I mean, there's only so much you can do with a simple white dress. It's long like Orihime's. Wow. Incredible similarity.

I can understand how DMC3 might be a ripoff of Inuyasha, but hasn't red and blue appeared more than once? Is Dante a half wolf demon? Perhaps a sword being passed down to one's son is a pretty generic theme. I haven't seen InuYasha, but it seems nothing like DMC other than when you start focusing on the details.

And the comparison between The Order of the Sword's outfits and other Japanese style military outfits is just laughable, sorry to say. I guess I must be a ripoff of other people who wear long, black coats. Effin hell.

'Ripoff' doesn't mean the same as 'inspired by'.
Wow. go watch inuyasha.

Frazz

General gamer
If they make a DMC5 then they need to have the more fleshy and horror based enemies of DMC1 as they were actually demonic. More pacing and atmosphere. Actually they should just make another DMC1 with a different story and a slightly different setting and it should perpetually be nighttime and all enemies from DMC1 being in glorious HD -proper HD that is.

VergilNeroDante

If they make a DMC5 then they need to have the more fleshy and horror based enemies of DMC1 as they were actually demonic. More pacing and atmosphere. Actually they should just make another DMC1 with a different story and a slightly different setting and it should perpetually be nighttime and all enemies from DMC1 being in glorious HD -proper HD that is.

I would have to agree because even in this reboot version it didn't feel like I was actually fighting demons. DMC 1 actually threw in things that, to me, felt like playing as a demon hunter. Reboot Dante doesn't have that. Felt like playing a kid with demon and angel blood against bad guys. Again my own opinion.

Frazz

General gamer
I would have to agree because even in this reboot version it didn't feel like I was actually fighting demons. DMC 1 actually threw in things that, to me, felt like playing as a demon hunter. Reboot Dante doesn't have that. Felt like playing a kid with demon and angel blood against bad guys. Again my own opinion.
Fair point but I think DmC was a step forward as the enemies were organic and I did feel like I was killing something unlike DMC4. DMC1 is by far the best imo.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Ignoring demonic vehicles and other machinery, DMC2 also had some interesting enemies.
I liked the Chopper and Tanks even if they were executed poorly maybe if used in later games if you fight a a demonic machine, when it breaks it used the pieces to form a more mecha looking demon?

Top Bottom