• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for DMC 5

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I've only played DMC 4 so far (and DMC 3, technically, but I've uninstalled it before finishing even the first mission - as much as I wanted to play it, I'm not fond of having to restart the PC to exit the game), and I liked Nero's gameplay more than Dante's. Yes, I know about styles, but I never used any styles other than Swordmaster and Dark Slayer anyway - Gunslinger in particular is near-useless to me since I don't use guns (most of the time, anyway, short bout with Heaven or Hell and Chimera enemies on any difficulty being exceptions). This made me thinking that in the next DMC game it would be best for them to have separate (no backtracking) playthroughts, and only one of these would need to be completed in order to play the follow on section where you'd play as Dante/Nero (depending on which playthrough is completed) with other being an NPC companion.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
First of all, NEVER play DMC3 on PC, it's a horrible port. Grab one of the console versions as DMC3 is the best in the franchise.

For Devil May Cry 5 what I want is to just have one campaign with the good Dante(DMC3/4 Dante), I also want some gameplay innovations to be made or at least make something unique in order to make the game fun to play like the past 3 good original DMC games, not dumbing everything down in order to be a show and tell.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
First of all, NEVER play DMC3 on PC, it's a horrible port. Grab one of the console versions as DMC3 is the best in the franchise.

I only have PC, so unless there is an emulator, it's not an option.

For Devil May Cry 5 what I want is to just have one campaign with the good Dante(DMC3/4 Dante), I also want some gameplay innovations to be made or at least make something unique in order to make the game fun to play like the past 3 good original DMC games, not dumbing everything down in order to be a show and tell.

Gameplay-wise I preferred Nero to Dante, and in any case Dante is far harder to properly play, so having another character could be helpful for new players to get used to the game (that was the idea behind DMC 4, after all).

Michael_3dx

Hobby game dev

I really love DMC3 too and hope the next DMC will continue in the same spirit, like "it is party time so lets rock and go crazy" :smile:

TonyRedgraveDMC

Because of the interview (or was it Twitter post?) that revealed that it was actually Trish who walked in at the end of DMC2, I could see a game where Dante's allies are brought on to take on evil while Dante's in Hell (and part of the game played as Dante in Hell) At least Trish and Lucia, possibly Nero and Lady. I even intend to write a fanfic concerning Dante fighting the Horsemen of the Apocalypse during his time in Hell. If DMC2 is not involved in any way, then beats me. Some game with Dante, Trish, Lady, and/or Nero just for lulz.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
As long as Nero is gone, Dante's not an asshole like in DMC4, a good story is made, good gameplay, and no cringe anime cliches are there, then I'd be fine.

However Devil May Cry has since gotten stale and I really have no more of an interest in it. Now I sit back and wait to see what comes next.

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Instead of doing away with Nero, I'd like to play as Dante and see Nero become the antagonist. Idc if its a quest for revenge type thing (Like say, Kyrie, the love of his life, dies horribly and sends Nero down the path of darkness mwahahaha XD) or some sort of Vergil-returns-through-Nero hijinks. Either way, Dante is the only one who can save the day. Lol.

So much can be done with Nero story wise. Yes, I know he starts out lame but I think he can be made into an interesting character. Just use your imagination.

I'm not fond of having to restart the PC to exit the game
Just press alt+F4, itll bring up the exit menu

Frazz

General gamer
I think a DMC 5 should make Nero into a new and improved Nelo Angelo with him going evil as his Devil Bringer would slowly take over his mind and body. Something to bring us back Nelo Angelo is what would really get behind another game!

Also: LOTS OF WEAPONS! With lots of moves to make the game worth replaying as well as alternate costumes!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I really want for them to expand upon Nero with more weapons / playstyles. I also wish for him to have completely separate campaign not crossed with Dante. It would also be great if they bring brand new enemies and make them on DMC1 tier without using Mundus again...

DMC

Devil May Cry
As long as Nero is gone, Dante's not an asshole like in DMC4, a good story is made, good gameplay, and no cringe anime cliches are there, then I'd be fine.

However Devil May Cry has since gotten stale and I really have no more of an interest in it. Now I sit back and wait to see what comes next.
sorry to break your hope buddy.. but if you lived as long as dante you would be bored as Limbo if you weren't an asshole :x -eats a cookie-.... besides I like Nero hes bad ass.... just needs to shut the Duck up when he cries other than that hes cool.. -grabs for another cookie- oh no... im out... luckly I have another box next to me ;d -eats a cookie-

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
sorry to break your hope buddy.. but if you lived as long as dante you would be bored as Limbo if you weren't an asshole :x -eats a cookie-.... besides I like Nero hes bad ass.... just needs to shut the Duck up when he cries other than that hes cool.. -grabs for another cookie- oh no... im out... luckly I have another box next to me ;d -eats a cookie-

YONK!

MY COOKIE NOW!!
puP6Mc.gif

Reactions: DMC

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Dante returns but is a little washed up and rugged after not being in the limelight for some time. He's gained some weight from eating too much pizza. However he is called to action once more when he finds out Trish has been killed in a freak demonic fisting orgy accident.

Dante seeks to get revenge on Trish's killer but on the way meets a man that goes by the name of Damian who Dante falls in love with. He then forgets about Trish's killer thinking that chick deserved it anyway and the entire game is planning Dante's wedding with Damian and the demons who try to crash it.

Game of The Year
11/10

Redxplatinum

They should follow what they did for AAPhoenix Wright 5:
-a more serious main character
-more back story for the 4th game's protagonist
-new playable female character
-introduce a new game mechanic
-then let the main character bring down the final boss

As for the plot... Continuation of dmc2, Nero and new character tries to find Dante in Hell, then they get trapped and Dante has to save them. For the ending, all three pulls out their firearm, aims it at the final boss and shouts jackpot.

TonyRedgraveDMC

Sounds good to me. Like I was saying, let's say as a splash of Nero, Trish, and Lucia (maybe Lady, idk, she doesn't seem to fit in DMC2's era) and Dante fighting some really heavy bosses in the Underworld/Demon World/Demon Realm/Hell

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
If they do make a Devil May Cry 5 (and hopefully DmC2 alongside it) then it would have to do a lot of explaining to bridge Devil May Cry 4 to Devil May Cry 2, among other things.

For one, it would need to explain Nero's existence. Whether he's Vergill's son or not, we need closure. Also, I'd like to see the story flesh him out more and not make him simply "Dante 2.0." Give him a unique personality that separates him and Dante. It would be nice to see two protagonists who contrast one another in interesting ways. It could provide some great banter between the two of them. Speaking of which, it would be cool to see Nero working alongside Trish, Lady, and Dante at Devil May Cry, hunting down monsters and kicking ass in general. It would also be fitting for Nero and Kyrie to be crashing at Dante's place after their Order of the Sword woes.

Moving onto Dante, I'd say that we should keep him as he was in Devil May Cry 4. I loved his personality in that game and feel like it epitomizes him. The same way DmC Dante is defined through his gritty but coy swagger, our old pal Uncle Dante was defined by his carefree personality, the ability to laugh in the face of great evil, but also a genuine admiration of humanity. Also, he HAS to be voiced by Reuben Langdon once again!

Where the story itself would go, I couldn't say, and what sort of threat the devil hunters would face is even harder to predict. The main conflict would have to include an interesting villain, someone who at least rivals Mundus and Vergil. I'm sorry to say, but The Savior was a bit underwhelming.

Kyrie should return and also play a larger role that exceeds getting kidnapped. She should be there for Nero in his when he is in need of wisdom. She'd help him with tough decisions and also comfort him in times of anxiety. I'm sure someone else said this, but it would be cool to see her beginning to be trained by Lady and Trish to defend herself against demons, especially considering the sorts of people she hangs out with. Also, there is potential in exploring how she feels after her brother, Credo, died. Lady should also return, but more than a cameo like in Devil May Cry 4. I want to see her kicking ass with everyone else, damn it! Same goes for Trish.

More importantly, the characters should go interesting places and give us reasons to care about them, so for Dante and Nero, I had an idea for two very specific character arcs.

After Devil May Cry 4, Nero is struggling with his identity and becomes more and more curious about his heritage. Dante of course, knows the truth: Nero is Vergil's illegitimate child. Dante still feels guilty about his conflicts with Vergil/Nelo Angelo and simply wants to bury his memories of those unfortunate occasions. This isn't helped by the fact that Nero is investigating his connection with Yamato, which was once used by Dante's brother. When Nero discovers who once wielded the sword, he pesters Dante throughout most of the campaign of who Vergil was, and why his sword miraculously came into Nero's possession by chance. As I said earlier, Dante doesn't wish to confront his inner demons that are brought out when he thinks of Vergil. There's still some serious guilt there. This would serve as the two major story arcs of the game. Two protagonists are examining their pasts. Nero is discovering his demons; Dante is remembering them. At the ends of the game, once the potentially world breaking conflict is resolved, Dante finally talks with Nero. He tells him that he's been taking care of him because he's Nero's uncle, and Vergil was his father. He tells him that Vergil was killed at his hands and his guilt prevented him from telling him the full truth. Nero, after spending time contemplating, decides to accept this as truth and continues to wield his father's blade, claiming that the innocent blood on it will be avenged and that he will use Yamato far wiser than Vergil ever did. Now these two characters have matured and changed by the end of the game in more ways than one. This story arc can also help build suspense. Since Nero is Vergil's son, we don't know if he'll react maturely to the discovery of his heritage. He could flip out and go against Dante and possibly lash his anger out on the world. This weighs heavier on Dante's indecision.

Concerning gameplay, I'd like to see Nero as well as Dante be playable characters throughout, although I would hope that we wouldn't be forced to play as either character and each of character has their own maps and bosses. Also, I wouldn't mind the inclusion of a city hub where you can visit Devil May Cry as either Dante or Nero and get side missions, and also purchase upgrades and items from shops and store vendors.

Well, I typed out a lot more than I had intended and rambled here and there. Sorry about that! I'm also too tired to check for spelling and grammar mistakes, so I hope there aren't too many. Personally, whether Capcom makes DMC5 my way or another, there are so many possibilities floating around that it makes me excited to think of what others will come up with in contrast to my thoughts.

Last edited:

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Concerning gameplay, I'd like to see Nero as well as Dante be playable characters throughout, although I would hope that we wouldn't be forced to play as either character and each of character has their own maps and bosses.

I had a similar idea - have Nero and Dante alongside each other through at least some sections, and you can choose at beginning of the game wether you'll play as Nero or as Dante. Sections where they don't play alongside each other should be completely separate, with unique design and bosses.

This would also make it possible to play the game as Nero and then as Dante (or opposite), and choose the upgrade path such that they complement each other's abilities.

TonyRedgraveDMC

I agree that story should take precedent, gameplay almost always is impressive enough, the only SPECIFIC stuff that's needed to keep us interested is a wide array of weapons and powers (Dante leans more for additional weapons, upgraded attacks with different weapons, and maybe a little added Style diversity, while Nero has a very "Megaman" feel, so that should be focused on using his Devil Bringer in more unique ways) Speaking of Megaman, one gameplay mechanic I always liked in later games was with multiple playable characters, each of them "copied" specialties of different bosses, however, each character used the powerup in question differently. Give Dante devil arms and guns (and 0-2 exclusive styles a la DMC3) and give Nero a Devil Bringer color-swap and unique ability per certain boss.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I like LoneRangerNinjutsu's ideas, but I still don't like the idea that Nero is Vergil's son. It just seems out of character for Vergil to have a child with a human when he himself said that you need power to be able to protect people. I doubt he'd do that to his son... make him a half-human, I mean. And then decide to leave Nero because he needed to kill Mundus soooo bad XD And when it comes to the timeline it just doesn't fit either, unless Capcom retcons everything again. His abilities with the Devil Bringer might make more sense if he turned out to be the son of a family member of Sparda's who also happened to have an overpowered arm.

In any case, I think Nero should eventually take Dante's place as the protagonist, though not yet in DMC5. He indeed needs to find out more about his heritage. We saw him read a book in DMC4, well, maybe he'll have done his homework fully in DMC5. Kyrie needs to become an actual character, I agree. Hell, it would be kind of funny if she somehow became a demon... temporarily. And she'd be stronger than Nero, lol.

He needs to get more weapons than just his sword and revolver. Since Sparda is modeled after the devil and Nero resembles him, maybe include a trident or demonic spear. I'd like a throwback to the boss battle with Credo, by giving Nero a way to throw his spear. Include some combos that make use of both the revolver and his sword. Like, press X+Y and forward to do a Streak with a powered revolver shot at the end... I dunno. Maybe a sword and shield to go with the ''dark knight'' theme? Maybe an awesome greatshield? Heheheh.
Also, a real Devil Trigger! Not this lame blue thing attached to his back. The Devil Bringer can be tossed aside for all I care, but if people really like it, then let him keep it in his human form. Also, find some way to explain why the DB even exists, because it doesn't seem connected to Vergil or Nero Angelo.

Ugh, I'm too tired to think of anything else. Maybe I'll come up with more later.

Last edited:

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I like LoneRangerNinjutsu's ideas, but I still don't like the idea that Nero is Vergil's son. It just seems out of character for Vergil to have a child with a human when he himself said that you need power to be able to protect people. I doubt he'd do that to his son... make him a half-human, I mean. And then decide to leave Nero because he needed to kill Mundus soooo bad XD And when it comes to the timeline it just doesn't fit either, unless Capcom retcons everything again. His abilities with the Devil Bringer might make more sense if he turned out to be the son of a family member of Sparda's who also happened to have an overpowered arm.
Yeah... it doesn't make much sense, I admit. I still have no idea how his arm fits into everything, or why Vergil, with his hatred of humankind, would bother to have a child with a human of all people. It's possible that Nero is simply a distant cousin of Dante. We don't know if Sparda had any family of his own, or if he had brothers, sisters, etc... It's possible that Vergil/Nelo Angelo, after death, lived on as a spirit and resides in Yamato, which explains the strange, transparent, armored figure standing above Nero when he DTs.

In any case, I think Nero should eventually take Dante's place as the protagonist, though not yet in DMC5. He indeed needs to find out more about his heritage. We saw him read a book in DMC4, well, maybe he'll have done his homework fully in DMC5. Kyrie needs to become an actual character, I agree. Hell, it would be kind of funny if she somehow became a demon... temporarily. And she'd be stronger than Nero, lol.
I'd like Nero to sort of become Dante's protege of sorts, working at Devil May Cry with him on random tasks and odd jobs. I think it would be a great way to explore both characters.

He needs to get more weapons than just his sword and revolver. Since Sparda is modeled after the devil and Nero resembles him, maybe include a trident or demonic spear. I'd like a throwback to the boss battle with Credo, by giving Nero a way to throw his spear. Include some combos that make use of both the revolver and his sword. Like, press X+Y and forward to do a Streak with a powered revolver shot at the end... I dunno. Maybe a sword and shield to go with the ''dark knight'' theme? Maybe an awesome greatshield? Heheheh.
Agreed, but Red Queen and Blue Rose should stay as Nero's iconic weaponry.

Also, a real Devil Trigger! Not this lame blue thing attached to his back. The Devil Bringer can be tossed aside for all I care, but if people really like it, then let him keep it in his human form. Also, find some way to explain why the DB even exists, because it doesn't seem connected to Vergil or Nero Angelo.
I kind of like his DT in DMC4, but it would be cool to see more than one be utilized in a game, like DMC1. Different Devil Triggers for different weapons.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah... it doesn't make much sense, I admit. I still have no idea how his arm fits into everything, or why Vergil, with his hatred of humankind, would bother to have a child with a human of all people. It's possible that Nero is simply a distant cousin of Dante. We don't know if Sparda had any family of his own, or if he had brothers, sisters, etc... It's possible that Vergil/Nelo Angelo, after death, lived on as a spirit and resides in Yamato, which explains the strange, transparent, armored figure standing above Nero when he DTs.

I'd like Nero to sort of become Dante's protege of sorts, working at Devil May Cry with him on random tasks and odd jobs. I think it would be a great way to explore both characters.

Agreed, but Red Queen and Blue Rose should stay as Nero's iconic weaponry.

I kind of like his DT in DMC4, but it would be cool to see more than one be utilized in a game, like DMC1. Different Devil Triggers for different weapons.
I sort of like the idea that he could be the son of Sparda's brother or something. His color scheme of red + blue might make more sense in that case.

Yeah, that's what I think myself. Vergil's soul is inside the Yamato while his body was destroyed when Dante defeated him in DMC1. That also explains why Nero heard a voice 'echo' ''Power. Give me more power''. I mean, his arm can't talk, lol. So it was probably Vergil calling out to Nero through the Yamato.
I'm not sure if he's armored. To me, it just seems like Vergil's Devil Trigger, only with a broken halo attached to his shoulders. It probably signifies his death.

Yeah, that's a good idea! Maybe incorporate some stories into DMC5 about the things that happened in his demon-hunting quests with Dante. Maybe that would be a good way to include the concept art into the game or something.

Of course. The Red Queen and Blue Rose signify how he's connected to Sparda. He wouldn't be Nero without his custom-made weapons.

Oooh yes. Maybe change the form of his Devil Trigger, or even its color. Hell, if he can absorb the abilities of demons, maybe his DTs should represent those demons. Still, I'd like at least one full body DT. Maybe something like the Majin form of DMC2... a supreme demonic form.

Top Bottom