• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just thought of something...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
...Wouldn't it be a dick move if Capcom added so much to DmC's DE but barely anything on DMC4's?

Like If you think about it, DmC's getting a lot of stuff added to it to make it better then it's original version. But what will DMC4 get?

60FPS? DMC4 already has that
1080P already has it
turbo mode? already has it
Gods must die? Has it

The most I predict they'll add that's new is a few costumes, Vergil, and all the stuff off the PC port.

GF9000000Returns

I'd say it would, but at the same time, not really. Unlike DmC, this one doesn't have much to prove other than to add more costumes and better the story along with giving Nero a backstory, Dante having his own levels instead of backtracking, and Vergil having his own story. It'd make the DMC4 haters "right" just like how the DmC haters were "right" for the original being 30fps, no lock-on, etc.

And besides, this will no doubt outsell DmC: DE anyway, no matter HOW small the improvements are, so it's whatever.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
...Wouldn't it be a dick move if Capcom added so much to DmC's DE but barely anything on DMC4's?

Like If you think about it, DmC's getting a lot of stuff added to it to make it better then it's original version. But what will DMC4 get?

60FPS? DMC4 already has that
1080P already has it
turbo mode? already has it
Gods must die? Has it

The most I predict they'll add that's new is a few costumes, Vergil, and all the stuff off the PC port.
One thing that's definitely going in is LDK mode, since current gen definitely has more power than high powered PC from 7 years ago.

Anyway, yes, that's a definite possibility, that it's a rather crummy port to the next gen and all our hopes for what could or might will just fall shy of significant. Still, there is no guarantee of either but what we do have is months and months to find out what is so special about this special edition and if it's just more economical and just as full of content to just buy a copy on the PS3/360 for $5.

Devil Player

I still laugh at DMC 3 SE for not putting a real Dante fight, if you play as Vergil. All you had was another Vergil ( wearing Dante's clothes ). So, it was basically Vergil against "Vante". :)

Talk about being lazy...No different story for Vergil, other than a different cutscene for Mission 1. No new missions or stages. You basically played Dante's game by using Vergil.

Yeah, you had to fight Jester 3 times, though the last fight could have been skipped. By the way, the last fight doesn't even make sense ( regarding story), because by the time you play Mission 17, we already know Jester is Arkham. Arkham has already revealed himself. However, in the next mission you face Jester again, like he was still only Jester. No sense.

Then again, DMC 3 SE came less than 7 years after the original game.

DMC 4 SE is coming almost 7 years after the release of DMC 4. The pressure is obviously higher this time. I'm sure that if they come with just a freaking new cutscene and Vergil being playlable only on Bloody Palace mode, peole will NOT like that, no matter how good they think DMC 4 was. DmC DE is coming 2 years after DmC, BUT it's putting a lot of new stuff and several game changes. Like I said, pressure is high for DMC 4 SE!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I still laugh at DMC 3 SE for not putting a real Dante fight, if you play as Vergil. All you had was another Vergil ( wearing Dante's clothes ). So, it was basically Vergil against "Vante". :)

Talk about being lazy...No different story for Vergil, other than a different cutscene for Mission 1. No new missions or stages. You basically played Dante's game by using Vergil.

Yeah, you had to fight Jester 3 times, though the last fight could have been skipped. By the way, the last fight doesn't even make sense ( regarding story), because by the time you play Mission 17, we already know Jester is Arkham. Arkham has already revealed himself. However, in the next mission you face Jester again, like he was still only Jester. No sense.

Then again, DMC 3 SE came less than 7 years after the original game.

DMC 4 SE is coming almost 7 years after the release of DMC 4. The pressure is obviously higher this time. I'm sure that if they come with just a freaking new cutscene and Vergil being playlable only on Bloody Palace mode, peole will NOT like that, no matter how good they think DMC 4 was. DmC DE is coming 2 years after DmC, BUT it's putting a lot of new stuff and several game changes. Like I said, pressure is high for DMC 4 SE!

DMC3 SE came out like 2 or three years after DMC3

Also to add to that; DMC4 SE and DmC DE have big differences in their content adding.

So far, all we know is that DMC4 SE has Vergil, 60FPS, 1080p, and Japanese voices. It's only out of assumption of that other stuff.

Meanwhile, DmC DE is pretty much getting everything that's already been on DMC4 for it's PC port, including two new modes, BLoody palace for Vergil and new skins.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Could be a bigger dick move if DMC4SE did nothing for Vergil ala Kasumi and Momiji being put in NG3RE for gameplay only purposes which will make fans question "How did Vergil end up in Fortuna?"

Devil Player

Also to add to that; DMC4 SE and DmC DE have big differences in their content adding.

So far, all we know is that DMC4 SE has Vergil, 60FPS, 1080p, and Japanese voices. It's only out of assumption of that other stuff.

Meanwhile, DmC DE is pretty much getting everything that's already been on DMC4 for it's PC port, including two new modes, BLoody palace for Vergil and new skins.

Yeah, but only having Vergil is not enough. We don't even know if he's playable yet...

Sure, he was playable in DMC 3 SE, so it's reasonable thinking he might be playable in DMC 4 SE. Still, it's not that Capcom is making a good job at telling people what they should expect for this game. Perhaps it's still early, but if the game gets released on June ( someone from Neogaf linked a japanese interview or whatever ), they better step up their game.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium

I'm going to be THAT GUY

DMC 3 SE came out less the a year after DMC 3
from Wikipedia
Dante's Awakening
PlayStation 2
JP February 17, 2005
NA March 1, 2005
AUS March 22, 2005
EU March 24, 2005
Special Edition
PlayStation 2
NA January 24, 2006
JP February 23, 2006
EU September 25, 2006

i don't really have anything to add i'm just pointing that out sorry

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Problem is that DMC4 doesn't need much additional content. Aside from new levels for Dante (which is unlikely to happen) there isn't much that need to be improved. So it's all up to question wether they bother with Vergil's storyline and possible hooks for DMC5.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Teasers only give you something so short which will lead yourself to more questions! A good reason to hate teasers in general!
Teasers tend to exist to ignite the engines on the hype train. Just giving you a little peek to make you want more. Vergil is not that for me because, I never thought highly of the original character in the first place. I'd stick to playing as Dante or Nero.

A part of me just thinks DMC 4 effed up too much ,and I would much rather a DMC 5 over minor tweaks to a game that just needs a major freaking overhaul.

Dominus

Problem is that DMC4 doesn't need much additional content. Aside from new levels for Dante (which is unlikely to happen) there isn't much that need to be improved. So it's all up to question wether they bother with Vergil's storyline and possible hooks for DMC5.
It's possible they could have left over content from Dante's "HELL Campaign" that never came to be. They could scrape these resources together and make a 5 mission Vergil campaign. The fact that they don't have to tweak much else (COMBAT AND PERFORMANCE WISE) leads me to believe we might get a little more, plus DmC had DLC and DMC4 got zero DLC, so I assume DMC4 will at least get some bonus content that could be considered DLC level.

In regards to Dante's backtracking, they shouldn't waste their time trying to fix that (would take too long and basically require entire new cutscenes) and put more effort into a new campaign for Vergil's ascent from Hell. Maybe add some extra weapons for Dante and Nero though (classic weapon pack for Dante), and replace the Saviour fight with something that is fun.

There's also a second possibility too that DMC4 content was sort of worked on post launch but then scrapped when other games' DLC didn't sell so well in the early days of DLC...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's possible they could have left over content from Dante's "HELL Campaign" that never came to be. They could scrape these resources together and make a 5 mission Vergil campaign. The fact that they don't have to tweak much else (COMBAT AND PERFORMANCE WISE) leads me to believe we might get a little more, plus DmC had DLC and DMC4 got zero DLC, so I assume DMC4 will at least get some bonus content that could be considered DLC level.

In regards to Dante's backtracking, they shouldn't waste their time trying to fix that and put more effort into a new campaign. Maybe add some extra weapons for Dante and Nero though (classic weapon pack for Dante), and replace the Saviour fight with something that is fun.

There's also a second possibility too that DMC4 content was sort of worked on post launch but then scrapped when other game's DLC didn't sell so well...
I dunno. I think expecting this would be to much considering that Capcom generally is lazy as hell. I can completely imagine that they only add Vergil on top (with a story if we lucky). I don't think Dante needs more weapons (well that's my opinion) but Nero could use some. We'll see if they bother. Generally I learned that expecting something good out of Capcom in last couple of years is demanding to much. Remember how they added character to SF that NEVER was seen before in game, only to turn her into Cammy's clone. I expect same kind of effort from DMC4 as well.

Dominus

I dunno. I think expecting this would be to much considering that Capcom generally is lazy as hell. I can completely imagine that they only add Vergil on top (with a story if we lucky). I don't think Dante needs more weapons (well that's my opinion) but Nero could use some. We'll see if they bother. Generally I learned that expecting something good out of Capcom in last couple of years is demanding to much. Remember how they added character to SF that NEVER was seen before in game, only to turn her into Cammy's clone. I expect same kind of effort from DMC4 as well.
Yah I'm not trying to expect much so I don't let myself down, but I am putting the possible options on the floor. I do think they have some unfinished content from DMC4 though. The Dante in Hell Theory has been talked to death, but for people who don't know this theory comes from Dante's weapons being a hellish theme (and somethings from the art book as well).

Also I feel that they at least might match DmC's DLC content because DMC4 got none (if DMC4 SE is 40 dollars). I'm not expecting them to completely rework Dante's campaign, pretty much a lost cause at this point. For a Vergil campaign they wouldn't really need many cutscenes, maybe one at the end and beginning.. And if they had some half-baked hell enemies they could utilize those..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yah I'm not trying to expect much so I don't let myself down, but I am putting the possible options on the floor. I do think they have some unfinished content from DMC4 though. The Dante in Hell Theory has been talked to death, but for people who don't know this theory comes from Dante's weapons being a hellish theme (and somethings from the art book as well).

Also I feel that they at least might match DmC's DLC content because DMC4 got none (if DMC4 SE is 40 dollars). I'm not expecting them to completely rework Dante's campaign, pretty much a lost cause at this point. For a Vergil campaign they wouldn't really need many cutscenes, maybe one at the end and beginning.. And if they had some half-baked hell enemies they could utilize those..
Well. We can only hope for the best. Though not much hope remains at this point. New enemies or maybe (*GASP*) new bosses would be awesome, but I prefer to keep my expectations in check, since it's capcom we talking about

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I got some hope, to tell the truth. I mean, it's a different case than DMC3 SE, which was developed and released in a short amount of time after vanilla DMC3. Here, we are talking about a 7 yo game's Special Edition.
Also, Kobayashi said they're gonna show more of DMC4 SE over the course of 2015. They wouldn't do that if the content for the SE was so half assed. I mean, it would be like saying "Hey people, look how few and sh!tty features we included!"
It would be plain stupid and suicidal for the sales.

I don't know guys, it's Capcom so obviously it's the case we touch our balls and keep our ass tight, but there are considerable possibilities that we might be surprised this time

We need more info. F*** teasers.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I got some hope, to tell the truth. I mean, it's a different case than DMC3 SE, which was developed and released in a short amount of time after vanilla DMC3. Here, we are talking about a 7 yo game's Special Edition.
Also, Kobayashi said they're gonna show more of DMC4 SE over the course of 2015. They wouldn't do that if the content for the SE was so half assed. I mean, it would be like saying "Hey people, look how few and sh!tty features we included!"
It would be plain stupid and suicidal for the sales.

I don't know guys, it's Capcom so obviously it's the case we touch our balls and keep our ass tight, but there are considerable possibilities that we might be surprised this time

We need more info. F*ck teasers.
Until DMC4SE is officially released, we can't help but speculate either with positivism or skepticism.

And yea, screw teasers; they show only very few things...

Top Bottom