• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just relised something reeli stupid :| .....

Keaton

Premium
Dante Aseroth;70364 said:
The oriental culture 2000 years ago, I suppose, was in the beginning of making swords. Vergil's one is an O-Katana meaning 'O' for big or great in Japanese. Great swords were made for generals and high-class nobility in Japan. I think that Sparda must have had a big status in the Demon World, maybe that of a general, which is not to be surprised.

I agree, Sparda must've had status through his own strength to rebel against his entire world.

Also the Rebellion and the ForceEdge are different swords. The first one is a zweihander, or in English, a two-handed sword. What is to be left wondering is that Dante almost never uses It with two hands, but always with one. The ForceEdge is a broadsword, though its design ressembles that of the late 11th and 12th century.

I guess Dante uses it one handed mainly because he can =p If you had his strength how cool would it be to wield that beast -almost- like a rapier ^______^

It is surely a messed up thing, this of the swords. Capcom has mixed different cultures in one epic game. Gothic atmosphere, guns, swords, demons, angels, oriental and European influences all around. After all, Dante and Vergil come from the Divine Comedy..:D

Gotta love Capcom for it. They did make a monumental series, and at least they have SUBSTANCIAL areas they can take enemies/traps/themes from =p (Beowulf=Norse Nevan=Vampiric Cerebrus=Ancient Greek?)

...my head hurts ._____________.;;

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ well yeah I agree, Sparda must have been a general or something to even come close to opposing Mundus, and with the different cultures from around the world thing, that's to make the game more interesting I think...

w33l33

meh...
if you remember in the prologue to devil may cry 1 it says that spada helped the humans, he banished mundus and sealed away the demon, then he quitely reigned the human world untilo his death which presumably was after the birth of dante and vergil

Keaton

Premium
Thing is, especially in DMC3 Dante seems to speak ill of Sparda, 'a son clearing up his fathers mess - where have I heard that before' etc etc. So that makes me even wonder if Sparda was around at all after Dante and Virgil were born. All the information they have gathered was done so independantly or by their mother who may have (longshot) old journals or texts of Spardas...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ could be, I think Dante only says that because Vergil doesn't want to help him, he's just annoyed because that made cleaning up his "fathers mess" was going to be harder than he thought I guess. Or perhaps there's more of a weird truth to Sparda than we thought.

Keaton

Premium
LordOfDarkness;70557 said:
^ could be, I think Dante only says that because Vergil doesn't want to help him, he's just annoyed because that made cleaning up his "fathers mess" was going to be harder than he thought I guess. Or perhaps there's more of a weird truth to Sparda than we thought.

^Perhaps he liked dresses? =p LMAO
Who knows, I would like to know if Sparda taught Dante and Virgil or whether it was self-taught ^^

Sparda™

Dante's and Vergil's sword were of Sparda. Well, as the twins were half-demons and half-humans, I think they didn't have a hard time learning.

The swords have some kind of mythical spirit in them. Sparda surely is a mystery in the Devil May Cry series..:p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm LMAO Keaton, well in my fan fic Sparda never taught the two any moves or anything, the fighting was in there blood and it just came naturally to them. -i'm still laughing-

Keaton

Premium
Dante Aseroth;70646 said:
Dante's and Vergil's sword were of Sparda. Well, as the twins were half-demons and half-humans, I think they didn't have a hard time learning.

The swords have some kind of mythical spirit in them. Sparda surely is a mystery in the Devil May Cry series..:p

Yeah, Sparda is the biggest element to the story and yet so little is known...i was hoping DMC4 would clear some of it up -- youknow due to the worshipping.

LORDOFDARKNESS: =p Glad I amuse :D

Sparda™

Keaton;70690 said:
Yeah, Sparda is the biggest element to the story and yet so little is known...i was hoping DMC4 would clear some of it up -- youknow due to the worshipping.

LORDOFDARKNESS: =p Glad I amuse :D

Instead of clarifying, It put more of the unknown in It. Now Nero has Sparda's blood, and none has the slightest idea of It.o_O

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
DanteownzNero;68675 said:
good otherwise id look reeli stupid haha

well... my point is

dante and vergil seem to age at a normal rate
judging from the time gaps between games

so how did it take around 2000 years from spardas disappearance till their birth

:S i neva thought about it

that is a good question which i have also been asking myself. personally, i say "it's devil may cry, so i'll let 'em off for it;)".

and it's not like they've made some other mistakes in the game either. example? apparently sparda fought the demons alone, yet the people in dmc2 supposedly fought alongside him:wacko:

oh well:$

ravare

Here is my take on the whole Sparda theory:

Sparda was a demon general who may have been tasked to lead a demon army to conquer the Human World. His first task was to live among them to find their weaknesses and the best way to attack and (not defeat but) enslave them/make Mundus' army larger. As we can assume, if there is a Devil (mundus) then there must be an opposing force (god, who is yet to be spoken about in the series).

So as Sparda is "studying" the humans he comes accross cultures that have qualities and customs and morals that he has not experienced before. He sees loyalty and love and all taht mushy stuff and it messes up his head. Then comes the day when Sparda must wage war on the unsuspecting humans. He leads his army into their world through demon gates and suddenly he feels this emotion come over him (which is him turning "good") and basically turns on his own army and cuts them down effortlessley as Dante and Virgil can do to lesser demons. Sparda is guided by a force (god) which gives him power that Mundus cannot even combat (because if Mundus gave Sparda his power, how could Sparda bypass Mundus? By the help of a "higher" being).

So Sparda seals away Mundus and all that. He is hailed as a king and savior by the people of the land and they give him new swords ( Dante and Virgil's swords) to replace his old one. These swords are not as powerful as his first, so he may use two of them which he enchants with his power. These are his weapons of choice for the time being. God gives him the reward of the qualities of a human. Eventually God tells Sparda that
God:"eventhough you have defeated Mundus, he is not dead. There will come a day when Mundus will arise again, more powerful than before."

God:"Sparda, you must bear two sons. They will act as the guardians over the human realm"

Sparda: "But why if you have me as the guardian?"

God: "You must take your place among my armor and prepare them for the battle to come. Your sons will be the protectors of my people and there will come a time when we will summon them for the fight."

So then Sparda gets Eva pregnant and takes his place among the army of God and awaits the day when Mundus will arise more powerful than before. Which leads to Dante and Virgil "taking care" of the earth for the time being and eventually becoming part of the bigger plot of the story.

Well, thats just my two cents :)

Keaton

Premium
ravare;71484 said:
Here is my take on the whole Sparda theory:

Sparda was a demon general who may have been tasked to lead a demon army to conquer the Human World. His first task was to live among them to find their weaknesses and the best way to attack and (not defeat but) enslave them/make Mundus' army larger. As we can assume, if there is a Devil (mundus) then there must be an opposing force (god, who is yet to be spoken about in the series).

So as Sparda is "studying" the humans he comes accross cultures that have qualities and customs and morals that he has not experienced before. He sees loyalty and love and all taht mushy stuff and it messes up his head. Then comes the day when Sparda must wage war on the unsuspecting humans. He leads his army into their world through demon gates and suddenly he feels this emotion come over him (which is him turning "good") and basically turns on his own army and cuts them down effortlessley as Dante and Virgil can do to lesser demons. Sparda is guided by a force (god) which gives him power that Mundus cannot even combat (because if Mundus gave Sparda his power, how could Sparda bypass Mundus? By the help of a "higher" being).

So Sparda seals away Mundus and all that. He is hailed as a king and savior by the people of the land and they give him new swords ( Dante and Virgil's swords) to replace his old one. These swords are not as powerful as his first, so he may use two of them which he enchants with his power. These are his weapons of choice for the time being. God gives him the reward of the qualities of a human. Eventually God tells Sparda that
God:"eventhough you have defeated Mundus, he is not dead. There will come a day when Mundus will arise again, more powerful than before."

God:"Sparda, you must bear two sons. They will act as the guardians over the human realm"

Sparda: "But why if you have me as the guardian?"

God: "You must take your place among my armor and prepare them for the battle to come. Your sons will be the protectors of my people and there will come a time when we will summon them for the fight."

So then Sparda gets Eva pregnant and takes his place among the army of God and awaits the day when Mundus will arise more powerful than before. Which leads to Dante and Virgil "taking care" of the earth for the time being and eventually becoming part of the bigger plot of the story.

Well, thats just my two cents :)

Not sure if i like the whole 'God' theory.
I always thought that Mundus was REALLY powerful, not the devil. Demons can exist, maybe there will be 'angelic' hints later on (perhaps thats Trish).

Also, I don't think that they would be 'guardians' of the world, especially since if this was the case they would be in the public eye - especially Dante for saving people from Terrorists etc.

Dante and Virgil only concern themselves with demons and heck, i'd prefer to think that Sparda and Eva loved each other :wub:

ravare

True, I do believe that Sparda and Eva did love eachother.

Its hard for Capcom to flesh out the story of Sparda though, while trying to dodge the whole Star Wars: Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker relationship.

For some reason, i have a bad feeling that Capcom will make Sparda come back as a bad guy that will be the "final ultimate" test for Dante/Virgil/Nero.

Or else they will bring out the true ruler of the demon world or something like that.

Maybe its cause im in church every sunday so god is on my mind, but I just dont really see a story where you battle demons and are constantly trying to stop demons without some sort of introduction of an "opposite force" and by opposite force I mean something that is guiding Dante. Because as we see in the games so far, we cant rely on us humans, cause we have some pretty F'ed up people who kinda lean to the demon side everynow and then :)

There are limited possibilites to make a great story here, but limitless posibilites to make the story suck and turn our "cliche".

Keaton

Premium
ravare;71678 said:
True, I do believe that Sparda and Eva did love eachother.

Its hard for Capcom to flesh out the story of Sparda though, while trying to dodge the whole Star Wars: Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker relationship.

For some reason, i have a bad feeling that Capcom will make Sparda come back as a bad guy that will be the "final ultimate" test for Dante/Virgil/Nero.

Or else they will bring out the true ruler of the demon world or something like that.

Maybe its cause im in church every sunday so god is on my mind, but I just dont really see a story where you battle demons and are constantly trying to stop demons without some sort of introduction of an "opposite force". Because as we see in the games so far, we cant rely on us humans, cause we have some pretty F'ed up people who kinda lean to the demon side everynow and then :)

Very true.

Also, with no idea as to how Sparda died it is very likly they will bring him back...I hope so, even if he dies at the end, just to flesh out the story.

We have had hints of Sparda through out...Nelo Angelo looked alot like Sparda, the Blob at the end of DMC3 was a incarnation of his power and all the enemies and statues in DMC 4 are tributes to Sparda and courrupted Virgil ~ponder~

Sparda™

We can assume as much as we want about Sparda and Vergil/Nelo Angelo, but in the end, It is just a mystery.

Imaging all along is what we can do...^_^

DarkHuntersInc

You make good points ravare, demons (at least from a western/christian POV - I may need to be corrected on the far east faiths) are involved with or against angels. And we've had occasional angelic references, such as feathers from the Mundas statue in DMC1, the Fallen from 3 and the Order's angels in 4.

So in the future Capcom may include angels, or the other end of the spectrum when it comes to supernatural creatures. If they go for this direction I personally think Credo might make a come back, considering what happened to his body when he died. Also a friendier face if these creatures introduce themselves to Nero, same for Dante, or was I the only one to see him harbouring hostility towards Sparda?

Keaton

Premium
DarkHuntersInc;71836 said:
You make good points ravare, demons (at least from a western/christian POV - I may need to be corrected on the far east faiths) are involved with or against angels. And we've had occasional angelic references, such as feathers from the Mundas statue in DMC1, the Fallen from 3 and the Order's angels in 4.

So in the future Capcom may include angels, or the other end of the spectrum when it comes to supernatural creatures. If they go for this direction I personally think Credo might make a come back, considering what happened to his body when he died. Also a friendier face if these creatures introduce themselves to Nero, same for Dante, or was I the only one to see him harbouring hostility towards Sparda?

Odd isnt it. How Sparda is a hero, but and insect, and all the BIG evil guys have been based around Angels - especially with feathers and wings...nice turnaround for stereotyping if you ask me ;)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71839 said:
Odd isnt it. How Sparda is a hero, but and insect, and all the BIG evil guys have been based around Angels - especially with feathers and wings...nice turnaround for stereotyping if you ask me ;)

good point...kind of contradicting...:)

Sparda™

It's not contradicting!

If you carefully see around the world you live, there are angels inside demon-like persons, and true devils disguised as angels to raise the ever sorrounding evil.

What I'm trying to say is that the world and people aren't just black and white, angels and demons, but there are colors added to It.

Capcom really made something cool with It.

Top Bottom