• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just relised something reeli stupid :| .....

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
who said Sparda died? besides theres also no time gap between games, like 4 could have happened like 20 years after 1 but then Lady's appearance....

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
yasoukyoku;68931 said:
who said Sparda died? besides theres also no time gap between games, like 4 could have happened like 20 years after 1 but then Lady's appearance....

DMC1 said that Sparda died on the prologue:p

aka958

Don't trust people
HE DIED??? no i think he is just looking what his sons and everything being DESTROYED and Chaos he has done cuse of leaving with his sons and Great Devil Arms with them like Yamato and so on he just look at all those people dying and Dante save them and Smiles (what i think)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^ Im sorry, something like what?

it was already stated that vergil and dante are over 2000 years old

Woah! Who stated that??? It was confirmed in a DMC3 interview that the twins were 18-19 in DMC3, and Kobayashi confirmed in another interview that Lady was 10 years older than she was in DMC3, meaning 10 years have passed. That makes the Sparda twins 28-29 years old.

aka958

Don't trust people
NO WAY!!! how???? thats surely impossible!.... i think.... well maybe they died an reborned by someone else and they still remember what they did last life and so on... i think it is a good explanation.... anyway he cannot be dead! not yet he is the one who will KILL Dante so forget that he is dead cuse did you see when he died????

DarkHuntersInc

aka, play the first game and listen to the prologue (or watch it on youtube or something). As far as we know he is dead, there's been no cannon saying he's still alive and since the games have had Dante do the dirty work of demon killing (and he never pops up when someone tries to steal his power - gosh how many times has that happened?) either Sparda really is dead or is sipping magaritas on a cloud and laughing his butt off.

We just don't know enough, Capcom seems dreadful at keeping their backstories straight when it comes to DMC.

As for the whole feudal lord bit, I've heard it in reference to medieval Japan (or 'Feudal Japan' - think samurai and shogunates), apparently the leader of a province in a warring country or at least a country that isn't unified.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah soz aka958, but Sparda's been classed as dead. How he died is the mystery.

But I think he was very young when he stopped Mundus, perhaps if he was older he would have his powers higher, meaning he was probably really strong to begin with at his young age. But no one really knows how he managed to stop Mundus, a lucky epic fight with help from a rebel force, and maybe a group of demon warriors he commanded perhaps. As for Eva, well after a long time he probably decided to have kids with her, probably because he knew that evil would always try and conquer, and he had to start a bloodline; for his sons, and his grandsons etc.. to stop evil, this is why he is a legend.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
LordOfDarkness;70076 said:
Yeah soz aka958, but Sparda's been classed as dead. How he died is the mystery.

But I think he was very young when he stopped Mundus, perhaps if he was older he would have his powers higher, meaning he was probably really strong to begin with at his young age. But no one really knows how he managed to stop Mundus, a lucky epic fight with help from a rebel force, and maybe a group of demon warriors he commanded perhaps. As for Eva, well after a long time he probably decided to have kids with her, probably because he knew that evil would always try and conquer, and he had to start a bloodline; for his sons, and his grandsons etc.. to stop evil, this is why he is a legend.

That is true.However,i still thinks he is able to travels time and cheats with another woman first before he met Eva...:lol:

Sparda™

Vergilissexy;69918 said:
^ Im sorry, something like what?

That Sparda was in love with a queen 2000 years ago, and that queen was an identical twin of Eva, when he met her after..

heatlancer

1# Trickster
dante and vergil are'nt confirmed of reaching a certain age and stopping growth.. so far they have been growing along with lady but not trish.. she does'nt seem to age.. she's just a demon.. no human half.. just human form

but the fact is that sparda rebelled against the demon race 2000 years ago(not sealed)

sparda then obviously sealed the demon world up eventually, locking in his power along with the mundus..

now the best thoery.. and this is the best and most well known theory on this part of the story..

is that sparda after sealing off the demon world along with his powers left him in the form of a human(he had a devil trigger like dante now.. in other words he could'nt keep it on for long)

with his human form, he married and bore two twins

remember sparda lived for ages.. when he sealed off the demon realm and married(after human form) it could've been around 2-5 years before dante's and vergils birth..

now about sparda's dissappearence. is another story.. most say he died from old age(doubt it tho.. did dante and vergil know their father?).. but really.. i dont want to go into this right now.. if you want thoeries about this bit now.. just make another thread

Sparda™

heatlancer;70153 said:
dante and vergil are'nt confirmed of reaching a certain age and stopping growth.. so far they have been growing along with lady but not trish.. she does'nt seem to age.. she's just a demon.. no human half.. just human form

but the fact is that sparda rebelled against the demon race 2000 years ago(not sealed)

sparda then obviously sealed the demon world up eventually, locking in his power along with the mundus..

now the best thoery.. and this is the best and most well known theory on this part of the story..

is that sparda after sealing off the demon world along with his powers left him in the form of a human(he had a devil trigger like dante now.. in other words he could'nt keep it on for long)

with his human form, he married and bore two twins

remember sparda lived for ages.. when he sealed off the demon realm and married(after human form) it could've been around 2-5 years before dante's and vergils birth..

now about sparda's dissappearence. is another story.. most say he died from old age(doubt it tho.. did dante and vergil know their father?).. but really.. i dont want to go into this right now.. if you want thoeries about this bit now.. just make another thread

This is the only information we have of Sparda....

In the Devil May Cry universe, Sparda is a demon that rebelled against his own kind for the sake of the human world two thousand years ago. He defeated the demons and their king, Mundus, and shut the portal to the demon world, sacrificing both his own blood and that of a mortal priestess. Doing such earned him mythical status, though he also earned a notorious reputation among demons and Dante is often at the receiving end of it.

After his death, most of Sparda’s power was concealed in the demon realm, sealed inside his sword, and was only accessible with an amulet he took with him into the human world. This amulet, which can be separated into two parts, was also one of the keys needed to unlock the portal. All its abilities are deactivated if the halves are separated. Near the end of his life he fathered the twins Dante and Vergil with his human wife Eva, and gave his amulet to her as a gift. The boys were each given one half of the amulet by their mother as well as one each of Sparda's other enchanted swords: Rebellion, a sword similar to a zweihänder, was given to Dante, while Vergil received the sword Yamato, an O-katana.

From this, we realize that Sparda rebelled, defeated and sealed the Demon World 2000 years ago.

The twins were born 1980-1982 years later, as we all know that Dante and Vergil, at the time of Devil May Cry 3 were 18-20 years old.

The only foggy part in this, is Sparda's sudden death. It's the only point of conflict. Did he really die, and If he did, how he died, or was he reborn in someone else. When Arkham unleashed the Demon World by activating the Temen-Ni-Gru, I think that with Sparda's sword removed, his soul may have been freed.

It's a theory that I've thought. Nero is 18-20 years old in the time of DMC4. At the time the Temen-Ni-Gru was activated both Dante and Vergil are the age of 18-20 years old, so It is basically explained their 10 year difference of DMC3 and DMC4.

My point is that Sanctus, in the prologue talked about Sparda being the savior of humanity and sealed the Demon World 2000 years ago. Maybe, Sparda thought of Fortuna as the place to live in, undetected, reincarnated in Nero, without the memories of his past life, but with the heritage of a demon.

Nero may seem a half-breed, but I seriously think that he's a pure, 100% devil. It's a shame that his past wasn't revealed by Capcom. Putting out of nowhere a character like him, with no past, and plus, stealing Dante's spotlight.

I think that during this time, more info will come in the light regarding Nero.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chaos Master;70080 said:
That is true.However,i still thinks he is able to travels time and cheats with another woman first before he met Eva...:lol:

nice, yeah I also believe that Sparda probably had more children with other women over the years, that must mean there should be loads of sons of sparda all over the world, at each part of the world to keep everywhere safe.

In my story there will be these beings called the watchers, they are really almighty and they let Vergil and Dante speak with sparda, don't know how exactly it will go at the mo but Sparda only speaks with his son, he doesn't come back.

Keaton

Premium
This kinda reminds me of the film Hook.

Peter Pan loves Wendy but doesnt want to leave neverland...she grows old, has grandkids and he falls in love with her grandaughter...he leaves neverland for her yadda yadda...

So, what if Sparda sealed demons away two thousand years ago, lingered around a particular family until eventually he decided to be with Eva.

Iirc the photo of Dante and Virgil in DMC1 was veerrry victorian looking and so they may have been born around then (hence the love of swords rather than just pure firepower alike Lady), they slowly grow up due to their half human bodies.

So...in 1837 they were born (start of Viccys reign) and present day say...2007 setting for DMC 1, thats 170years to age into 20 year old bodies...25 if your picky.

I think thats one of the most likly explinations...

[heh, sorry if this sounds dumb -- noob!]

Sparda™

Keaton;70325 said:
This kinda reminds me of the film Hook.

Peter Pan loves Wendy but doesnt want to leave neverland...she grows old, has grandkids and he falls in love with her grandaughter...he leaves neverland for her yadda yadda...

So, what if Sparda sealed demons away two thousand years ago, lingered around a particular family until eventually he decided to be with Eva.

Iirc the photo of Dante and Virgil in DMC1 was veerrry victorian looking and so they may have been born around then (hence the love of swords rather than just pure firepower alike Lady), they slowly grow up due to their half human bodies.

So...in 1837 they were born (start of Viccys reign) and present day say...2007 setting for DMC 1, thats 170years to age into 20 year old bodies...25 if your picky.

I think thats one of the most likly explinations...

[heh, sorry if this sounds dumb -- noob!]

The Victorian age had guns as well. Swordsmanship and duels with swords in the Victorian age was beginning to fade. I say they got the 'love of swords' from their father's legacy. He lived for more than 2000 years (Sparda wasn't born on year 0. He was maybe born around 1500-1000 BC), and guns emerged only in the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century. Sparda's guns, Luce & Ombra are 1911 .45 caliber custom made Colts, a gun that was made in the beginning of the 20th century. It is logical that Sparda used for more than 3000 years swords and blades.

Keaton

Premium
Dante Aseroth;70327 said:
The Victorian age had guns as well. Swordsmanship and duels with swords in the Victorian age was beginning to fade. I say they got the 'love of swords' from their father's legacy. He lived for more than 2000 years (Sparda wasn't born on year 0. He was maybe born around 1500-1000 BC), and guns emerged only in the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century. Sparda's guns, Luce & Ombra are 1911 .45 caliber custom made Colts, a gun that was made in the beginning of the 20th century. It is logical that Sparda used for more than 3000 years swords and blades.

Touche'.

I'm going to avoid the bible in this topic because there is so much stuff that I could go 'demons did it' =p

Although, I have been wondering since DMC3, why Virgil's sword is the 'odd one out'. Nero, Dante and 'Sparda' all share the broadsword style blade, and there is very little reference to oriental style blades at all...DMC4 has reference to gladiators and so on...but Yamoto is a weird one.

It always struck me as odd- especially after DMC1, because the Japanese culture shares more 'dramatic' and colourful stories of demons that would work wonders in the series...and to bring in such a key item that is 100% Japanese anime (Judgement Cut=Ninja Jubei much) and not to offer a few other things to accompany it?

Hmmm...it does make me more aware of the time gaps.
Especially since I assume Dante and Virgil were given their swords at the same time...so the style of sword must've been prominent in UK/US/European areas for the other elements to come together...

[off topic: is there a thread here that discusses what happened to Virgil after DMC1 that leads into DMC4?]

Sparda™

Keaton;70328 said:
Touche'.

I'm going to avoid the bible in this topic because there is so much stuff that I could go 'demons did it' =p

Although, I have been wondering since DMC3, why Virgil's sword is the 'odd one out'. Nero, Dante and 'Sparda' all share the broadsword style blade, and there is very little reference to oriental style blades at all...DMC4 has reference to gladiators and so on...but Yamoto is a weird one.

It always struck me as odd- especially after DMC1, because the Japanese culture shares more 'dramatic' and colourful stories of demons that would work wonders in the series...and to bring in such a key item that is 100% Japanese anime (Judgement Cut=Ninja Jubei much) and not to offer a few other things to accompany it?

Hmmm...it does make me more aware of the time gaps.
Especially since I assume Dante and Virgil were given their swords at the same time...so the style of sword must've been prominent in UK/US/European areas for the other elements to come together...

[off topic: is there a thread here that discusses what happened to Virgil after DMC1 that leads into DMC4?]

The oriental culture 2000 years ago, I suppose, was in the beginning of making swords. Vergil's one is an O-Katana meaning 'O' for big or great in Japanese. Great swords were made for generals and high-class nobility in Japan. I think that Sparda must have had a big status in the Demon World, maybe that of a general, which is not to be surprised.

Also the Rebellion and the ForceEdge are different swords. The first one is a zweihander, or in English, a two-handed sword. What is to be left wondering is that Dante almost never uses It with two hands, but always with one. The ForceEdge is a broadsword, though its design ressembles that of the late 11th and 12th century.

It is surely a messed up thing, this of the swords. Capcom has mixed different cultures in one epic game. Gothic atmosphere, guns, swords, demons, angels, oriental and European influences all around. After all, Dante and Vergil come from the Divine Comedy..:D

Top Bottom