• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Finally Played the Demo

Virgil

I spent 2 hours in line with 2 guys behind me that kept up a conversation going the whole time of who would win in a fight between blank and blank. and then they argued about the others responce i was dead tired from sitting in line since 6 am and i must say. I got to play the demo for 5 minutes thats it... it was amazingly worth it. Which is good because i would have beat the hell out of someone if it was a waste of my time

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Thats what I would have did XD! Damn, 2 hours for 5 minutes. Did you see any cut scenes? I don't want to know what happen in the cut scene I just want to know if there was a cut scene.

Virgil

the gameplay was amazing i really wanted to change the controls around just because i'm so used to the DMC 1 controls but they are more like 3 with the X being jump Triangle being slash and O being devil bringer. I had 5 minutes so i sorta past through the cut scenes. the only reason i didn't steal it was because you had to go into a room with a guy that works there in it and one outside the door. i was a little tired after getting lack of sleep and coudn't have made the run. the gameplay reminds me alot of the fast pace of DMC 3 but the arm changes it alot. i like the arm but while it makes killing some enemy's rediculasly easy others are REALLY hard to kill and those who know me know i'm pretty good. I personally can't wait for the game if there is anything anyone wants to know just keep posting

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dude, my mouth literally dropped open when you said you skipped the cut scenes. XD Those are mostly my favorate part of the game. But anyways, it sound interesting. No sign of Dante?

Virgil

well watching the storylines would take up my playtime. and i was really antsy to try out the arm and yeah they couldn't give out anything capcom hasn't yet.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Virgil;47122 said:
the gameplay was amazing i really wanted to change the controls around just because i'm so used to the DMC 1 controls but they are more like 3 with the X being jump Triangle being slash and O being devil bringer. I had 5 minutes so i sorta past through the cut scenes. the only reason i didn't steal it was because you had to go into a room with a guy that works there in it and one outside the door. i was a little tired after getting lack of sleep and coudn't have made the run. the gameplay reminds me alot of the fast pace of DMC 3 but the arm changes it alot. i like the arm but while it makes killing some enemy's rediculasly easy others are REALLY hard to kill and those who know me know i'm pretty good. I personally can't wait for the game if there is anything anyone wants to know just keep posting
Nice one, Virgil! Sounds awesome! Now I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Devil May Cry 4. ^_^

Virgil

Oh i forgot there are alot of places in the game that you have to use your demon arm as a grapeling hook basicly you just auto target with R1 and then push the bringer button. you just zip right there its kind of cool teh first few times but afterward its just kind of a nucense, but there are those kind of things in all the games. and for all those who remember in dmc 3 the round things stuck to the wall that you have to hit over and over again. yeah they are back... hmm oh and i think it was L2 if you rev it (not just hold it down, actually rev it) you start to power up nero's sword and it basicly does auto combo's idk if it will do more later in the game. my favorite thing so far is the devil arm because you can use it on big bosses to launch yourself into the air and if you do it right you can stay in the air by doing it over and over while still hitting the boss. Very Very cool looking

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Cool, that grapling think sounds simliar to the one in God of War 2. Except you use the blades and not the arm.

Virgil

these "monster thingies" were outside of a castle i assume i was trying to get into (again i skipped the cut scenes) and i didn't see anything about dante really

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
*sigh* Aaaah man!
I was hoping you would see him in the demo.
Though I would have spent some of my time watching atleast one cut scene.
Those cut scenes make the game dude.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
You may have found some interesting pieces of info that put the puzzle together on the story line here.
If they have another DMC demo play day, please call me over.

Virgil

well when teh guy says you only get 5 minutes to play i'd rather see how the gameplay was and from what i saw i didn't skip any big ones since all i did was go into rooms and fight small minions except for those ice beasts i hate them

Top Bottom