• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't like the Yamato in DmC

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I've seen people talking about the blade of DMC3's Yamato but not one person posted a clear image of an unsheathed DMC3 Yamato.

Said and done.

dmc3se2002053100100775.png

6-yamato.jpg

And for the people saying that having the blade all the way in the scabbard is troublesome for DMC3 Vergil, here is how he go around that.

devil4400zr7.jpg

Said and done.

And for the people saying that having the blade all the way in the scabbard is troublesome for DMC3 Vergil, here is how he go around that.

Yeah good job. That's the sword from DMC4 not DMC3, it says it grants Nero new powers. And it's not even a picture of it during gameplay, and how is him having it slightly out of the scabbard any different in DmC.
Looks about the right length to me. See above see below.
2048x1280.resizedimage

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Yeah good job. That's the sword from DMC4 not DMC3, it says it grants Nero new powers. And it's not even a picture of it during gameplay, and how is him having it slightly out of the scabbard any different in DmC.

The first picture is from DMC3 during gameplay. The second is from DMC4 which I included for a better view.

Maybe you should look more careful so you don't make such mistakes again.

aoshi

Again cut scenes, I wan to see it in gameplay.

You're not making sense. In your earlier post, You said that vergil was having yamato out of the scabbard is no different than DmC Vergil. Which means you meant DmC vergil and DMC 3 vergil used it the same way.

That image with DMC 3 vergil(with yamato slightly out of scabbard) is from the cut-scene i have mentioned.

So you make statements out of the same cutscene and say DMC 3 vergil and DmC vergil use yamato the same way however you did not know that yamato was completely sheathed before vergil pushes out of thumb. If i explain the same with the actual cut-scene, yet you disagree that it's from a cut-scene?????? Lol.....You make zero sense.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Said and done.

6-yamato.jpg

devil4400zr7.jpg

Thanks. Did Capcom shave the blade or something? It looks awfully shorter in the DMC4 pic. I know that the DMC3 pic is more zoomed in but the DMC4 one still looks shorter.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Thanks. Did Capcom shave the blade or something? It looks awfully shorter in the DMC4 pic. I know that the DMC3 is more zoomed in but the DMC4 one still looks shorter.

If I remember right, when you get the weapons and get that image of them, they rotate. So I suspect the image was taken during the sword rotation so it is at an angle making it look shorter.

Maybe.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
If I remember right, when you get the weapons and get that image of them, they rotate. So I suspect the image was taken during the sword rotation so it is at an angle making it look shorter.

Maybe.

Judging by the looks of the handle, I think it's safe to say that it is completely perpendicular to the screen at that point. I suppose Agnus' machine screwed up the blade somehow. Now that I think about it, when Dante uses the Yamato, his attack range is smaller than that of Vergil. I guess it really is shorter in DMC4.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Judging by the looks of the handle, I think it's safe to say that it is completely perpendicular to the screen at that point. I suppose Agnus' machine screwed up the blade somehow. Now that I think about it, when Dante uses the Yamato, his attack range is smaller than that of Vergil. I guess it really is shorter in DMC4.

Hmm, you could be right but I'm going to research further into this and see if it is true.

To the game files!

dmc3se20130604102452224.jpg

2048x1280.resizedimage

dmc3se20130604102452375.jpg

F108F8B47C1233E932B50744448E4D46B11BA291

Omg, its so vastly different. One's like a ballerina and other is pure class and elegance. When it comes to size variations, it's all a matter of perspective. If I knew this would have been such an insane issue for a few posters, who decided to attack me because I didn't cave into their demands to provide proof immediately.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3

I think that it is just the icon:

smaller_desktop_version_1__dante_n_yamato__by_maykadyna-d4sl0m4.jpg

In game:

Yamato_Nero_DT.png

Did you crop out or zoom the original image, just curious about the dimensions of the picture... There's definitely some wide angle distortion in that pic of Nero, and the other shot is a cutscene with a low angle and wide shot. Man, talk about stretching to make a point about Yamato length. My Yamato is longer no mine is.

EvilX-81

Thanks for the pics. Still, I can't help but wonder why did Capcom decrease Yamato's attack range in DMC4.

I think Dante's Darkslayer style might've been a rush or incomplete job. Only three moves unique to the style; I know Dante isn't Vergil, but...

Terrutas

They claimed it's because "Dante isn't as skilled with Yamato as Vergil". Which makes sense, but then he swings it just like he does and even slices a hell gate that's like 300ft away.

I think Dante's Darkslayer style might've been a rush or incomplete job. Only three moves unique to the style; I know Dante isn't Vergil, but...

Darkslayer was designed to combat blocking enemies that parry you. (Bianco/Altos, Scarecrows on DMD, Credo, Also works on Blitz but that might not be a very good idea). Slash dimension is kinda crappy though, requires a setup.

Top Bottom